Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The #justgamerthings thread made me think of this idea.

Sometimes you do something in a game that makes you feel like a complete badass.

These are my top accomplishments.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia level 1 with minimum health and hearts on both characters. I want to top these with even harder runs, someday.

What games have you imps achieved greatness in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I think I 100%ed vice city on pc. Thats it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I almost did that on Ps2 but I gave up at some point.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I did the level 1 thing in Order of Ecclesia too, but I got health ups and stuff. Order of Ecclesia rules.

My best are 'S' ranking Contra: Shattered Soldier, and completely finishing all of F-Zero GX.

It burned me out, I don't do that with games anymore.

Oh wait, and beating Contra when I was 6, with my mom as player 2 :3:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pikmin 2 0 death 100% run

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

In Madden 01 for PS2, back when the PS2 was pretty new, my friend and I tasked ourselves with building the worst football player of all time. We named him Small human being, first name Small, last name human being, had human being emblazoned on the back of his jersey. We tried to make him ill-suited for football in every way we could. He was short and skinny and ugly as hell. What we didn't predict was that his smallness made him the best runningback of all time, and this joke character we'd made turned out to be our MVP every game. Every single play was a toss to Small human being, who would then proceed to give the slip to the entire defense. There was no catching him. I admit we didn't know a lot about football and our lack of knowledge meant we created a superstar when we meant to create a bitch. Anyway, I remember Small human being fondly and consider his creation an inadvertent gaming accomplishment.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Probably one of my many map gaming achievements.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i caught all the pokemon in red version, op

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i caught all the pokemon in red version, op

Daww, did the widdle baby catch 151 pokemon. Sit the gently caress down unless you've caught all pokemon up to the 6th gen you pathetic poofter.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
no i didn't catch 151 because i didnt have a gameshark

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i got 100% on dark souls 1 and 2 op

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wasted 20 odd years of my life playing videogamse and hav e crippled myself financially, socially, physically, and emotionally because iof i t is my proudest gaming accomplishment

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wasted 20 odd years of my life playing videogamse and hav e crippled myself financially, socially, physically, and emotionally because iof i t is my proudest gaming accomplishment

Sadbrains friend of the family poo poo.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sadbrains friend of the family poo poo.

ok guy who quit posting to finish grad school but became a yospos superstar instead. gently caress off. edit: sorry. that was rude

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bring back the edit n*gger gang tag

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ok guy who quit posting to finish grad school but became a yospos superstar instead. gently caress off.

I was remembering your old gang tag.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was remembering your old gang tag.

i kno

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What the hell.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i got 100% on dark souls 1 and 2 op

what does this even entail?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

all items in inventory

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i 100%'d kingdom hearts 2 when i was 13

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rediscover posted:

i 100%'d kingdom hearts 2 when i was 13

did you gently caress goofy or cloud?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh duh both you said 100%

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
S ranking every mission on hard in armored core for answer is one of them.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What the hell.

If you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen! This is the Imp Zone! *kicks you into a bottomless pit back to YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

If you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen! This is the Imp Zone! *kicks you into a bottomless pit back to YOSPOS

I'm getting sick to death of this sh*t!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm serious. Stop saying I'm from YOSPOS all the time.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm serious. Stop saying I'm from YOSPOS all the time.

I'm a psycho troll from YOSPOS.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

me too

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I did this on the PS2 version. It was tedious as gently caress and swore me off from ever 100% a game ever again.

I also manage to beat Star Fox 64 on the hardest difficulty with both wings broken, a sliver of health left, and zero lives left. Basically it was like one of those movies where the hero has to outrun a fireball in a crippled ship and is constantly having to fight the controls to keep it aloft, it was cinematic as gently caress.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really good at videogames. I get all the highscores and the bitches are always swooning over me when I top the leaderboards.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I had someone pay me $7 to not play as Kilik anymore in SC2 against him.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

obstipator posted:

I'm really good at videogames. I get all the highscores and the bitches are always swooning over me when I top the leaderboards.

Same.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I beat a Sonic Adventure speedrunner in a race

I'm mentioned by name in an episode of pop fiction

Got hugged by chief arino, the kacho and shuffled awkwardly in the background of an episode of the show

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I found a major exploit in AOL's childblocking service as a kid so I could get to more gaming stuff on AOL 3.0 because stuff like weird red GameFAQs was blocked.

They had to rewrite it and the bookmarks, all because I was stuck in ultima 4 or needed UGE modules or couldn't find something in secret of evermore

childblock worked by checking the URL when you entered it and then comparing it to a db online and it turned out if you bookmarked something it would assume you've already passed the check before

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

I beat a Sonic Adventure speedrunner in a race

I'm mentioned by name in an episode of pop fiction

Got hugged by chief arino, the kacho and shuffled awkwardly in the background of an episode of the show

Nice sandals, poof.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nice sandals, poof.

I'm the white guy.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

no your tails butthole guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU