Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Listen traveler, of tales of magic and glory...



It is the age of legends and high adventure. Ancient ruins slumber in vast wilds, filled with wealth beyond imagining. Treacherous sorcerers brood in lonely towers and beasts and barbarians roam the gulfs between civilization. It is in such an age that one can write their own destiny, to become kings by their own hand, to discover ancient forgotten wisdoms, or to simply swim in the plundered gold and jewels of a thousand fallen kingdoms. But all these are guarded by jealous warlords, terrible beasts, dark dungeons, and savage wilderness. Take up your sword, adventurer! Legends shall be written of your exploits, that is, if you survive...

---
Welcome to the official game thread of GURPS Dungeon Fantasy!
Please post your character sheet and equipment list in your first post. Keep it updated as the game progresses with loot, new equipment, etc. We'll use orokos for dice-rolling, just post the link to your roll for whatever thing you're rolling against. Please feel free to make OOC posts, just preface the text block with "OOC" or something to that effect. Link to recruit thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3691374
Combat posts should include your stats and HP as well as relevant weapons, armor & skills.

Example:
Name
Some stuff I do.
some stuff I think
Some words in a foreign language

OOC: Swords are awesome, right lads?
They are. Let's kick this off then!
-----------------

It has been a chilly journey as autumn claims the northlands. The market town of Beyfield is a welcome sight ahead on the road, promising warm fires and hearty drink in a cozy inn. The remote northwestern corner of Cimmeria is not a kind or gentle place, far removed from the shining cities and civilizations in the warmer south. Raids from wildmen plague farms and hamlets in the region. Ancient crypts are rumored to have been looted, supposedly proven with strange coins circulating before making a sudden disappearance. Whether it was the promise of treasure, or simply the distance between them and old troubles that drove the trio that trudged through the River Gate of Beyfield they had at least arrived somewhere they could call safe for a time.

The town was busy, and the inns were filled with visiting farmers and merchants busily swapping wares. Even at this late hour, the chatter of deal-making flooded the streets. For Ragnar, Rohan, and Alhert, it was only the small and humble Four-Spoke Inn that had any space at a reasonable fee. The simple image of a four-spoked wheel creaked on its chain as the trio entered the common room. A fire crackled at one end of the hall. Trestle tables filled the space, with cots stacked nearby for patrons to sleep upon when the fire died down. A dozen patrons filled the space. Seated near the fire though was something that Ragnar, Rohan, nor Alhert expected to see, a pair of fighting men, mercenaries with whom they stood with before: Totach Redmane, and the enigmatic easterner Gang Wei. With them was a dirt-covered Hyrkanian, who was occupied warming his hands by the fire.

What fortune to find friends such as these on such a cold night...

----
OOC: There you have it, all gathered in an Inn in Beyfield. Feel free to post events leading up to how you got to the Inn (apologies for railroading you in there), or just pick up from there and go!

El Spamo fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2015 around 18:53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

OOC: The climate is appropriate, seeing as how it's about 50 Fahrenheit and totally overcast where I am.

Totach was sitting on his wool cloak like it were a blanket when the door swung open. Three figures filled the entryway: a dark-skinned man in leather armor who carried no visible weapons, a paler one in plate and mail, and....my God, it was him. Nobody else around was eight feet tall and carrying a maul the size of a man. The sight of Ragnar of Vanaheim proved the identity of his companion.

He smiled at the duo. "I feel that I know you two. Ragnar and Alhert! It's nice to finally see a familiar face here." He glanced over at the newcomer. "This one, I do not recognize."

code:
ST 11 [10]
DX 15 [100]
IQ 10 [0]
HT 13 [30]

HP 11 [0]
FP 13 [0]
Will 10 [0]
Per 10 [0]

Thrust 1d-1
Swing 1d+1
Basic Speed 7
Basic Move 7

Languages
Argossean (Native/Literate) [0]
Aquilonian (Native/Literate) [6]
Cimmerian (Accented/Literate) [4]

Advantages
Attractive [4]
Charisma [15]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Enhanced Parry [5]
Extra Attack [25]
Luck [15]
Perfect Balance [15]
Signature Gear [2] (Basket-hilted cutlass, three knives, and leather cuirass, gauntlets, and boots taken from his days as a Barachan pirate)
Weapon Master [20] (Totach’s basket-hilted cutlass)
Weapon Bond [1] (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Code of Honor [-5] (Pirate’s)
Greed [-15]
Overconfidence [-5]
Afraid of drowning [-1]

Primary Skills
Jumping 15 (E) DX [1]
Fast-Draw Knife 16 (E) DX+1 [1]
Fast-Draw Sword 16 (E) DX+1 [1]
Acrobatics 15 (H) DX [4]
Thrown Weapon - Knife 16 (E) DX+1 [2]
Shortsword 20 (A) DX+5 [20]

Secondary Skills
Brawling 16 (E) DX+1 [2]
Wrestling 15 (A) 

Background Skills
Stealth 14 (A) DX-1 [1]
Streetwise 10 (A) IQ [2]
Carousing 13 (E) HT [1]
Climbing 16 (A) DX+1 [4]
Seamanship 13 (E) IQ+3 [8]
Gambling 9 (A) IQ-1 [1]
Hiking 12 (A) HT-1 [1]
Intimidation 9 (A) Will-1 [1]
Scrounging 10 (E) Per [1]
Search 9 (A) Per-1 [1]
Pickpocket 15 (H) DX [4]
Swimming 15 (E) HT+2 [4]
Area Knowledge – Tortage 11 (E) IQ+1 [2]

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass
Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust
Reach: 1
Parry: 0
Cost: $625
Weight: 2.25
ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust
Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust)
Parry: -1
Cost: $30
Weight: 0.5
ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust
Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust)
Parry: -1
Cost: $40 each
Weight: 1 each
ST: 6

Armor
Hardened leather cuirass, medium
DR: 2
Cost: $125
Weight: 15
Don: 30
Location: Torso

Leather gauntlets, medium x2
DR: 2*
Cost: $25 each
Weight: 3 each
Don: 30 each
Location: Forearms

Boots
DR: 2
Cost: $80
Weight: 3
Location: Feet, Shins

Wool cloak
Provides +4 to Holdout
DR: 1 (cutting only)
Cost: $90
Weight: 3

Equipment
Clothing (Free) (2 lbs)

Backpack, small – holds 40 pounds ($60) (3 lbs)
Blanket ($20) (4 lbs)
Group basics ($50) (20 lbs)
Personal basics ($5) (1 lb)
Wineskin of water - full ($10) (8.25 lbs full, 0.25 lbs empty)
8 meals of traveler’s rations ($18) (4.5 lbs)
Rope, 3/8", 10 yards, supports 300 pounds ($5) (1.5 lbs)

5 pouches - holds 15 pounds ($50) (1 pound)
Flint ($2) (0.2 lbs)
Bandages - 6 wounds ($10) (1 lb)


Total Weight: 78.2 lbs with weapons, clothing, and armor included
Total Cost: $310 excluding Signature Gear (Signature Gear total value of $990)
Cash left over: $380

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2015 around 02:11

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

He stepped into the inn with a giant thirst. As he walked in, he could see all the eyes fall on him. He had grown used to being the center of attention from lesser men. When someone so powerful as he came into their presence, they couldn't help themselves. Now was not the time for him to concern himself the attentions of the men around him. He looked around to find the object of his current interest, the bar. When he saw the bar, he went to it to quench his mighty thirst.

The north brought work and riches for any man willing to take it. Ragnar knew this when he made this trek to the north. The south had become far too civilized for him. Sell swords such as him were considered criminals or undesirables. Perhaps King Conan and others like him were worried that some undesirable sell sword would want to take the throne for themselves. Perhaps, but most only wanted the chance to earn their keep doing what they were best at doing. To hell with all of them and their civilized ways.

Ragnar stepped up to the bar. He dropped his maul to the floor next to him. His eyes focused on the barkeep.

"Good man, I need to quench my thirst. I need mead."

pre:
Ragnar
Barbarian

Atts: 205
ST 19 [81]
DX 14 [80]
IQ 10 [0]
HT 13 [30]

HP 24 [9]
Will 11 [5]
Per 12 [10]
FP 13 [0]

Basic Speed 6.25 [-10]
Basic Move: 7

Advantages [88]:
High Pain Threshold [10]
Outdoorsman 4 [40]
Signature gear [3]
Striking ST 2 [9†]
Weapon Master (Two-handed Axe/Mace) [20}

Perks:
Focused Fury [1]
Knows the word for beer/ale/mead/etc. in every language [1]
Power Grappling [1]
Weapon Bond [1]

Disadvantages [-40]:
Gigantism [0]
Social Stigma (Minority Group) [-10].
Odious Personal Habit (Unrefined manners) [-5],
Phobia (Machinery) [-5*]
Bad Temper [-10*]
Overconfidence [-5*],
Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].

Quirks [-5]
Proud [-1]
Reckless [-1]
Code of Honor (Barbarian)[-1]
Dislike Magic [-1]
Dislike Crowds [-1]

Primary Skills [23]:
Camouflage (E) IQ+4 [1]-14‡;
Navigation (Land) (A) IQ+4 [2]-14‡;
Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per+3 [1]-15‡;
Tracking (A) Per+3 [1]-15‡.
Throwing(A) DX+1 [2]-12.
Two-Handed Axe/Mace(A) DX+4 [16]-17.

Secondary Skills [9]:
Brawling (E) DX [1]-13;
Stealth (A) DX [1]-12
Wrestling (A) DX [2]-13;
Naturalist(H) IQ+2 [1]-12‡
Swimming (E) HT [1]-13;
Hiking (A) HT-1 [1]-12
Running (A) HT-1 [1]-12
Fishing (E) Per+4 [1]-16‡.

Background Skills [10]:
Animal Handling (Horses) (A) IQ [2]-10
Weather Sense (A) IQ [2]-10
Intimidation (A) Will [2]-11
Forced Entry (E) DX [1]-13
Climbing (A) DX-1 [1]-12
First Aid (E) IQ [1]-10
Lifting (A) HT-1 [1]-12

Non-template Skills [10]:
Axe/mace (A) DX-1 [1]-12
Knife (E) DX [1]-14
Power Blow (H) Will [8]-12

Skills: 52

Encumbrance
ST 19 BL 72 None 72 Light 144 Medium 216 Heavy 432 Extra-heavy 720

Equipment

Maul "PAIN" DAM 6+1 Reach 1,2 Weight 18 ST 19
Fine and Ornate 480/0*
Large knife SW-1 Cut Cost 80 WT 2
Axe SW+2 Cut Cost 100 WT 8

DR Cost Weight
Layered Leather, heavy (Torso) 4 1050/30* 35
Leggings, mail (Legs) 4/2 220 30
Leather Gloves (Hands) 2 60 neg.
Boots (feet) 2 160 6
Cloak 0 160 4
430 75

Sack [Torso] Holds 80 lbs. $60, 6 lbs.
Carrying straps $5 neg. lbs.
Rope, 3/4” (10 yards) [Sack] Supports 1,100 lbs. $25, 5 lbs.
Sleeping Fur [Sack] $100, 16 lbs.
Canteen [Sack] $20, 6 lbs.
Personal Basics [Sack] $10, 2 lb.
Rations ×6 [Sack] $12, 3 lbs.
Torch ×2 [Sack] $6, 2 lbs.

Equipment total Cost: 148 Weight: 40

Total cost: 758 Weight: 140

* Bought with Signature Gear points 
ooc
Combat Stat block:
Applicable Skills
ST ; DX ; IQ ; HT ; Per ; Will
HP / ; FP / ; BS ; BM
Applicable Advantages
Weapon stats
Armor stats

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2015 around 19:58

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

The glint of foreign metal is apparent as Gang Wei finishes his inspection of one of his throwing daggers, placing it in his bandoleer. "You pay for my work?" His broken query is his default greeting to Ragnar and the rest. It becomes apparent that he's not sitting in an actual chair, but adopting a sitting stance about an inch above the chair - training his balance again.

OOC: If you need more specifics for a combat block I can update as needed.

pre:
Gang Wei
ST 11 | DX 15 | IQ 13 | HT 11 | Wil 13 | Per 14 
HP 11/11 | FP 11/11 | Spd 6 | Mv. 7 | Enc. 2
Dodge 10 | DR 4/2* | Thr 1d-1 | Sw 1d+1 
Shortsword: 14 (Parry 11) | Dagger: 11 (Parry 8) | Throwing Art 15
Applicable Skills
Applicable Advantages: TBAM, Ambi, Cmb. Reflex, Double-Jointed, P. Balance

Armor stats
Mail Shirt, Heavy Leather (Legs, Arms), Shoes
pre:
Name: Gang Wei 刚威
Race: Human

Attributes [180]
ST 11 [10]
DX 15 [100]
IQ 13 [60]
HT 11 [10]

HP 11
Will 13
Per 14 [5]
FP 11

Basic Lift 24
Damage 1d-1/1d+1

Basic Speed 6 [-10]
Basic Move 7 [5]

Ground Move 7
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 3 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: 
Languages: Common (Broken/Semi-Literate) [2]; Khitai (Native) [0].

Advantages [105]
Ambidexterity [5]
Chi Talent (1) [15]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Flexibility (Double-Jointed) [15]
High Manual Dexterity (1) [5]
Perfect Balance [15]
Trading Character Points for Money ($1,500) [3]
Trained By A Master [30]

Disadvantages [-50]
Curious (12 or less) [-5]
Disciplines of Faith (Chi Rituals) [-10]
Greed (12 or less) [-15]
Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5]
Trickster (12 or less) [-15]

Quirks [-5]
Careful [-1]
Code of Honor [-1]
Proud [-1]
Trademark [-1]
Vow [-1]

Packages [0]
Thief (Dungeon Fantasy) [0]
Thief-Martial Artist (Dungeon Fantasy) [0]

Skills [70]
Acrobatics DX/H - DX-1 14 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Blind Fighting Per/VH - Per-2 12 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Body Control HT/VH - HT-2 9 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Breaking Blow IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Breath Control HT/H - HT-1 10 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Carousing HT/E - HT+0 11 [1]
Cartography/TL3 IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Climbing DX/A - DX+5 20 [1]
	includes: +5 from 'Flexibility', +1 from 'Perfect Balance'
Disguise/TL3 (Human) IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Escape DX/H - DX+3 18 [1]
	includes: +5 from 'Flexibility'
Esoteric Medicine (Chi) Per/H - Per-1 13 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Fast-Draw (Knife) DX/E - DX+1 16 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Fast-Talk IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Filch DX/A - DX+0 15 [2]
Flying Leap IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Forced Entry DX/E - DX+0 15 [1]
Gambling IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Gesture IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Holdout IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Judo DX/H - DX-1 14 [2]
Jumping DX/E - DX+0 15 [1]
Karate DX/H - DX-1 14 [2]
Light Walk DX/H - DX-1 14 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Lockpicking/TL3 IQ/A - IQ+1 14 [4]
Main-Gauche DX/A - DX-1 14 [1]
Observation Per/A - Per-1 13 [1]
Parry Missile Weapons DX/H - DX-1 14 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Pickpocket DX/H - DX-1 14 [2]
Poisons/TL3 IQ/H - IQ-2 11 [1]
Power Blow Will/H - Will-1 12 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Pressure Points (Human) IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Scrounging Per/E - Per+0 14 [1]
Search Per/A - Per+0 14 [2]
Shadowing IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Shortsword DX/A - DX-1 14 [1]
Sleight of Hand DX/H - DX-2 13 [1]
Smuggling IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Stealth DX/A - DX+3 18 [12]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Throwing Art DX/H - DX+0 15 [2]
	includes: +1 from 'Chi Talent'
Traps/TL3 IQ/A - IQ+1 14 [4]
Urban Survival Per/A - Per+0 14 [2]

Stats [180] Ads [105] Disads [-50] Quirks [-5] Skills [70] = Total [300]
pre:
Equipment

Hand Weapons
4  Dagger LC:4|4  $80  Wgt:1  
    Dam:1d-2 imp  Reach:C  Parry:8  ST:5  Skill: SK:Main-Gauche-3, SK:Shortsword-3  Notes:[1]  
1  Shortsword  LC:4|4  $400  Wgt:2  
    Swing  Dam:1d+1 cut  Reach:1  Parry:11  ST:8  Skill: SK:Shortsword
    Thrust  Dam:1d imp  Reach:1  Parry:11  ST:8  Skill: SK:Shortsword

Ranged Weapons
4  Dagger  LC:4|4  Dam:1d-2 imp  Acc:0  Range:6 / 11  
    RoF:1  Shots:T(1)  ST:5  Bulk:-1  Rcl:-  $80  Wgt:1  

Armor & Possessions
1  Backpack, Frame  $100  Wgt:10  Location: Torso
1  Blanket  $20  Wgt:4  Location: Backpack
1  Bull's-Eye Lantern  $100  Wgt:2  Location: Backpack
1  Canteen  $10  Wgt:3  Location:  
1  Delvers Webbing  $160  Wgt:3  Location: Torso
1  Grapnel  $80  Wgt:2  Location: Backpack
1  Heavy Leather Leggings  $60  Wgt:4  Location: legs  
1  Heavy Leather Sleeves  $50  Wgt:2  Location: arms  
1  Lockpicks  $50  Wgt:.1  Location: Webbing
1  Lockpicks, Good  $250  Wgt:.5  Location: Webbing 
1  Mail Shirt  $600  Wgt:16  Location: Torso 
2  Monster Drool (Utility)  $40  Wgt:1  Location: Webbing
2  Nageteppo, Flash  $80  Wgt:.4  Location: Webbing
2  Nageteppo, Smoke  $80  Wgt:.4  Location: Webbing
5  Oil (per pint)  $10  Wgt:5  Location: Backpack
1  Ordinary Clothes  $0  Wgt:2  Location: Torso/Arms/Legs
1  Personal Basics  $5  Wgt:1  Location: Backpack
18  Rations  $36  Wgt:9  Location: Backpack
1  Rope, 3/4'' (per 10 yards)  $25  Wgt:5  Location: Backpack
1  Rope, 3/8'' (per 10 yards)  $5  Wgt:1.5  Location: Backpack
1  Sack  $30  Wgt:3  Location: Torso
1  Shoes  $40  Wgt:2  Location: Feet

Total Equipment, Carried: 91.9
Overland Encumbrance Level: 3

Fighting Equipment, Carried: 33.8
Fighting Encumbrance Level: 2

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Four-Spoke Inn

The barkeep twists a knob on cask mounted behind the bar and pours a pint of mead into a wooden tankard.

"3 pennies."

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

The dark-skinned man nodded at his companions' apparent aquaintance. "I am Rohan, a humble wanderer. I met these two on the road, and decided to accompany them." The pair hadn't expressed much confidence in him at first, as they shared his campfire, noticing that he carried no weapon. But, he demonstrated his abilities when they were accosted by brigands some distance outside of Beyfield. He struck down his fair share of the bandits using only his metal-clad fists, dodging their attacks without a hint of effort. Having introduced himself, Rohan's attention turned to the foreigner maintaining some sort of training pose. If he was a fellow student of the martial arts, his skills were not nearly so polished as Rohan's own. He gave a curt nod of greeting, preferring to let Ragnar or Alhert make the decision of whether or not to acknowledge the man's offer. Approaching the bar, he asks the barkeep for water and food. Knowing they'd be in town by evening, Rohan had held off on his daily meal, to conserve rations.

quote:

Attributes: ST 11 [10]; DX 16 [120]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 12 [20].

Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d+3; BL 24 lbs.; HP 11 [0]; Will 11 [5]; Per 12 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 7.00 [0]; Basic Move 8 [5].

Advantages:
Chi Talent 3 [45]
Trained by a Master [30]
Unfazeable [15]
Combat Reflexes [15] (Note to self: +1 on active defenses)
Danger Sense [15]
Enhanced Dodge [15]
Enhanced Parry (Unarmed) [5]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Deep Sleeper [1]
Reduced Consumption 2 [4]
Signature Gear 4 (Meteoric Gauntlets) [4]
Temperature Tolerance 1 (put towards cold)[1]

Chi Powers: Damage Resistance 2 [5], Striking ST 2 [9].

Disadvantages:
Disciplines of Faith (Chi Rituals) [-10]
Honesty [-5]
Vow (Always fight unarmed) [-15]
Obsession (Master my art, that I may teach it to others) [-10]
Guilt Complex [-5]
Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]
Selfless [-5]
Broad-Minded [-1]
Dull [-1]
Staid [-1]
Vow (No Alchohol) [-1]
Responsive [-1]
Wealth (Struggling) [-10]
No Sense of Humor [-10]
Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5]

Primary Skills:
Jumping (E) DX [1]-16
Acrobatics (H) DX-1 [2]-15
Karate DX+1 [8]-17
Judo DX [4]-16
Throwing (A) DX-1 [1]-15

Secondary Skills:
Stealth (A) DX-1 [1]-15
Meditation (H) Will-1 [2]-10.

Background Skills:
Tactics (H) IQ [4]-10
Climbing (A) DX-1 [1]-15
Hiking (A) HT-1 [1]-11
Running (A) HT-1 [1]-11

Special Skills:
Parry Missile Weapons (H) DX+2 [2]-18
Breaking Blow (H) IQ+2 [2]-12
Breath Control (H) HT+2 [2]-14
Body Control (VH) HT+1 [2]-13
Mental Strength (E) Will+4 [2]-15
Mind Block (A) Will+3 [2]-14
Pressure Points (H) IQ+2 [2]-12
Power Blow (H) Will+2 [2]-13
Blind Fighting (VH) Per+1 [2]-13

All receive +3 from Chi Talent.

Gear:
Self: Meteoric Gauntlets (DR 4, immune to magic), Boots, Leather Armor, Heavy Leather Sleeves, Heavy Leather Leggings, Leather Helm (all DR 2). (Encumbrance 21, No Load)
Small Backpack: Rations (10 meals), Waterskin (Encumbrance 16.25, Total Encumbrance 37.25, Light Load)

Cash: $100

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"Sounds like my story," Dawa says. "I met these two on the road into town," he pauses to nod toward Totach and Gang Wei. "Unlike most of the newcomers in this town, they have cunning in their eyes instead of gold-lust and winter hunger. We've heard rumors about long lost-tombs being uncovered in late summer rains, but..." He shrugs. "More than one farmer has rolled his eyes at that and said it happens every year."

His hands finally warmed, he sits near Gang Wei, and pauses to look at him. "Your rear end will not insult the stool if they meet. They were made for each other. So to speak."

pre:
Name: Dawa

Dawa is a little short for a Hyrkanian, but average compared to most other folk.
His skin is still dark, and he wears the flared mustache typical of Hyrkanians.  He
dresses according to local customs rather than his origin.  He usually has his bow
over his shoulder and tends to lean on it.  He is uncouth in civilized places and
tends to track mud everywhere.

Attributes [185]
ST 13 [30]
DX 14 [80]
IQ 12 [40]
HT 12 [20]

HP 13
Will 11 [-5]
Per 14 [10]
FP 12

Basic Lift 34
Damage 1d/2d-1

Basic Speed 7 [10]
Basic Move 7

Ground Move 7
Water Move 1

Advantages [92]
Absolute Direction [5]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Druidic Animal Empathy (Druidic) [5]
	includes: +2 skillscore from 'Power Investiture (Druidic)'
Druidic Plant Empathy (Druidic) [5]
	includes: +2 skillscore from 'Power Investiture (Druidic)'
Heroic Archer [20]
Outdoorsman (2) [20]
Power Investiture (Druidic) (2) [20]
Signature Gear (Fine Hykanian Longbow) ($1,000) [2]

Disadvantages [-50]
Code of Honor (Pirate's) [-5]
Honesty (12 or less) [-10]
Intolerance (Urbanites) [-5]
Loner (12 or less) [-5]
Odious Personal Habit (Unwashed bushwhacker) [-5]
Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5]
Stubbornness [-5]
Vow (Own no more than what can be carried) [-10]

Quirks [-5]
Careful [-1]
Intolerance (Worshippers of Set) [-1]
Obsession (find the druids) [-1]
Poor sleeper indoors [-1]
Social Stigma (Hyrkanian Oathbreaker) [-1]

Packages [0]
Scout (Dungeon Fantasy) [0]
Scout-Druid (Dungeon Fantasy) [0]

Skills [72]
Boating/TL3 (Unpowered) DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Bow DX/A - DX+4 18 [16]
Camouflage IQ/E - IQ+3 15 [2]
	includes: +2 from 'Outdoorsman'
Cartography/TL3 IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [4]
Climbing DX/A - DX+0 14 [2]
Esoteric Medicine (Druidic) Per/H - Per-2 12 [1]
Fast-Draw (Arrow) DX/E - DX+2 16 [2]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Fast-Draw (Sword) DX/E - DX+1 15 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Gesture IQ/E - IQ+1 13 [2]
Herb Lore/TL3 IQ/VH - IQ-2 10 [2]
Hiking HT/A - HT+0 12 [2]
Mimicry (Bird Calls) IQ/H - IQ+1 13 [2]
	includes: +2 from 'Outdoorsman'
Naturalist (Earth) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]
	includes: +2 from 'Outdoorsman'
Navigation/TL3 (Land) IQ/A - IQ+4 16 [1]
	includes: +2 from 'Outdoorsman', +3 from 'Absolute Direction'
Observation Per/A - Per+0 14 [2]
Religious Ritual (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ-2 10 [1]
Riding (Equines) DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Running HT/A - HT+0 12 [2]
Shadowing IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [4]
Shield (Shield) DX/E - DX+2 16 [4]
Shortsword DX/A - DX+2 16 [8]
Skiing HT/H - HT-2 10 [1]
Stealth DX/A - DX-1 13 [1]
Survival (Woodlands) Per/A - Per+1 15 [1]
	includes: +2 from 'Outdoorsman'
Swimming HT/E - HT+0 12 [1]
Theology (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ-2 10 [1]
Tracking Per/A - Per+2 16 [2]
	includes: +2 from 'Outdoorsman'
Traps/TL3 IQ/A - IQ+1 13 [4]

Spells [6]
Detect Magic (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]
Extinguish Fire (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]
Hide Path (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]
No-Smell (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]
Recover Energy (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]
Seek Water (Druidic) IQ/H - IQ+0 12 [1]

Stats [185] Ads [92] Disads [-50] Quirks [-5] Skills [72] Spells [6] = Total [300]

3 CP unspent
pre:
Armor & Possessions
2  Anti-Toxin (Drinkable)  $40  Wgt:1  Location: Backpack
20  Arrow  $40  Wgt:2  Location: Hip Quiver
1  Backpack, Small  $60  Wgt:3  Location: worn 
1  Blanket  $20  Wgt:4  Location: Backpack
1  Canteen  $10  Wgt:3  Location: Backpack
1  Druidic Fertilizer  $60  Wgt:1  Location: Backpack
2  Garlic (Bundle)  $10  Wgt:.5  Location: Backpack
1  Hip Quiver  $15  Wgt:1  Location: worn
1  Heavy cloak (camouflaged)  $150  Wgt:1  Location: worn
1  Leather Jacket  $50  Wgt:4  Location:arms, torso  
1  Ordinary Clothes  $0  Wgt:2  Location: Worn
1  Personal Basics  $5  Wgt:1  Location: Backpack
12  Rations  $24  Wgt:6  Location: Backpack
1  Rope, 3/8'' (per 10 yards)  $5  Wgt:1.5  Location: Backpack
2  Torch  $6  Wgt:2  Location: Backpack
2  Wolfsbane (Bundle)  $10  Wgt:.5  Location: Backpack
1  Balanced Longbow  $0 (sig gear)  Wgt:3  Location: Weilded
1  Short Sword  $400  Wgt:2  Location: Belt
1  Small Shield  $40  Wgt:8  Location: Backpack
1  Shortbow  $50  Wgt:2  Location: Backpack

Total weight: 48.5.  DR:1 on torso and arms, DB+2 for cloak.

Twobirds fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2015 around 22:56

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

The rogue sizes up the 'humble wanderer' as he speaks and reflexively holds back a spit. If he was with the Vanir, then he likely had some type of fighting prowess, no matter how he held himself. He turns his attention to Dawa. "Habit. Chafes on backside, these stools. Treasure, ready to move any time. Vanir knows from last time," he waves his hand, referring likely to the time they were ambushed in the wild. The wilderness guide was never able to get up after taking a seat in camp thanks to being stuck like a pig.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

The barbarian put the the three pennies down on the counter for the bartender. He then looked over to Gang Wei.

"Pay? Heh. You know I would never cheat you. I am Vanir, we are honest folk. We work hard, we play hard. When it comes to money, we always pay what we owe." Ragnar waits for his drink to be served to him and looks at those who joined him at the bar.

"So you men seek treasure and wish to brave the dangers it might bring? It is a good life. Not for everyone." Ragnar takes a long drink from his cup of mead. "Some of you know from my travels, but not all. I look on you all now and know you are worthy to join me."

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach took up his cloak and tossed it over his shoulder -- careful not to let it fall into the fire -- and walked over to the bar to stand next to Ragnar. He leaned casually against it, legs crossed and smirking.

"The tell of this treasure is a delightful sound when you're out of work. My coins won't last forever."

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2015 around 03:42

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Four-Spoke Inn

The bartender sweeps the pennies off the bar into the coffer beneath. He turns his head towards Rohan.
"Bread and cheese is 3, meat's another three. Five for stew. Water's for horses, you want an ale?"

Before Rohan can answer the door to the inn opens and a wave of cold air rushes across the room. The young man who enters shivers from the chill night air. He is dressed in riding leathers and woolen gear dusted with bits of sawdust and twigs. A leather satchel hangs over his narrow shoulders. He stamps his feet to shake off the mud then walks up to the opposite side of the bar from Ragnar and Totach and motions for a drink. The bartender pulls a tankard from below and fills it with ale for the man, who stares hard at the two fighting men at the bar. He leans in and speaks low and quickly to the bartender as he takes his drink. The bartender shrugs at the man, then turns back to Rohan.

At the end of the bar, the young man tries to hide his staring at Ragnar, Rohan and Totach behind his ale.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert nods greetings to the men he knows, and glances at gang wei with a slightly puzzled expression. You meet all manner of men here on the borderlands. A man of middling height, the Gunderman has the look of an experienced warrior in his eyes. The flickering light from the candles glints on the chainmail under his loose surcoat, which though stained and muddy still bears traces of the colors of Aquilonia. As the newcomer bustles into the inn, Alhert returns his gtare for a moment, accepting a tankard from the barkeep and rasing it to him. <Cimmerian>"Hail, stranger. What brings you to this cold land?"

pre:
Alhert Lorimer, Gunderman Knight [300]

Attributes: [191]
ST 15 [50] HP 20 [10]
DX 14 [80] Will 12 [5]
IQ 11 [20] Per 12 [5]
HT 13 [30] FP 13

Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1
Basic Speed: 6.00 [-15]
Basic Move: 6
Basic Lift: 45 lbs

Dodge: 9
Parry: 13 with Polearm, 
Languages:
Aquilonian, Native/Semi-literate [0]
Cimmerian, Accented [4]
Pictish, Broken [2]


Advantages: [87]
Born War Leader 2 [10]
Combat Reflexes [15]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Enhanced Parry (Polearm) [5]
Fearlessness 2 [4]
Hard to Kill 2 [4]
Hard to Subdue 2 [4]
Signature Gear (Armor) ($2910) [6]
Weapon Master (Dueling Halberd) [20]

Disadvantages: [-40]
Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]
Compulsive Carousing (12 or less) [-5]
Impulsiveness (15 or less) [-5]
Intolerance (Picts) [-5]
Overconfidence (12 or less) [-5]
Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]
Devout Mitran [-1]
Afraid of Owls [-1]
Chauvinistic [-1]
Red-Green Colorblind [-1]
Lechery [-1]

Skills: [62]
Primary Skills
Brawling (E) DX+1 15 [2]
Bow (A) DX 14 [2] 
Broadsword (A) DX 14 [2] 
Fast Draw (Knife) (E) DX+1 15 *[1]
Knife (E) DX+2 16 [4]
Polearm (A) DX+6 20 [24]
Wrestling (A) DX 14 [2]

Secondary Skills
Armoury (Body Armor) (A) IQ-1 10 [1]
Leadership (A) IQ+2 13** [2]
Tactics (H) IQ+1 12** [2]

Background Skills
Animal Handling (Equine) (A) IQ-1 10 [1] 
Carousing (E) HT 13 [1]
Climbing (A) DX-1 13 [1]
Fast-Talk (A) IQ 11 [2]
First Aid (E) IQ+1 12 [2]
Gesture (E) IQ 11 [1]
Hiking (A) HT-1 12 [1]
Intimidation (A) Will 12 [1]
Observation (A) Per-1 11 [1]
Riding (A) DX-1 13 [1]
Scrounging (E) Per 12 [1]
Shield (E) DX 14 [1]
Staff (A) DX 14 [2]
Stealth (A) DX 14 [2] 
Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per-1 11 [1] 
Swimming (E) HT [1]

*Includes +1 for Combat Reflexes
**Includes +2 for Born War Leader

Equipment:
Weapons: $260, 11.75 lbs
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t) $120, 10 lbs
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7) $120, 1.5 lbs
Dagger (1d Imp, Reach C, Parry -1, ST 5) $20, .25 lbs

Armor: $2910, 56.3 lbs
Coif with Visor and padding (Mail and Plates, DR 6 on locations 3,4, 5 (5/6 chance), and 17-18), $390, 9.3 lbs
Hauberk (Mail and Plates, DR 5 on Torso, Fine Mail, DR 4* on Arms), $1450, 27.5 lbs
Chausses (Fine Mail, DR 4* on Legs), $900, 15 lbs
Gauntlets (Fine Mail, DR4* on Hands), $90, 1.5 lbs
Leather Boots (DR 2* on Feet), $80, 3 lbs

Gear: 
Small backpack, $60, 27.75 lbs
Blanket, $20, 4 lbs 
Wineskin (Full of Water), $10, 8.25 lbs 
Bandages, $10, 1 lb
Rations, 9 meals, $18, 4.5 lbs
Ordinary Clothes, $120, 2 lbs
Winter Clothes, $180, 5 lbs
Belt pouch, $10, 1 lbs
Personal Basics, $5, 1 lb
$307

Total weight carried: 97 lbs (Medium Load) Combat Load (Without Backpack): 69.5 lbs (Light Load)

Beardless fucked around with this message at Jan 10, 2015 around 06:23

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach grins and looks up at Ragnar. "It seems we've elicited interest" he speaks, softly so as to not broadcast every word to the newcomer staring at them.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2015 around 03:42

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

His face betraying no emotion, Rohan places five coins on the table. "Stew, please." Rohan decides not to press the matter on the water, he'll simply drink from his waterskin, and refill it later. He chose the stew for it's likely greater nutritional value, as the local stews usually contained at least some hint of vegetables, along with the usual meat. He turns to Ragnar as the large man makes his bold pronouncement. "While I have little desire for material possessions beyond what is essential for survival, I do seek challenges that will put my skill to the test, that I may push my limits. Great treasure is often guarded by great dangers, I am told, and so I shall follow you, Ragnar of Vanaheim." Rohan's expression remains neutral, but this would probably not surprise either of his companions, as he had not once expressed emotion since their first meeting, though he was courteous and hospitable in word and deed. Even in combat, he remained stoic and taciturn.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

The new, young, impressionable lad clearly seems like he's got something to share. Smoothly rising up to a standing position, he makes a showy fashion of walking over, putting his smiling, foreign face in front of the lad's. "Hoi, see something you like? Good coin? Any job, will do. For you."

OOC: I'll size up this dude with Observation or Perception - is he hiding something valuable / is he armed / anything of interest. Observation-13, Perception-14.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Four-Spoke Inn

The poor kid's lack at any sort of subtlety has drawn the attention of the warriors in the common room. He starts at Alhert's Cimmerian tongue.
<Cimmerian>You speak Cimmerian? Aquilonians do not often bother to learn it! Do you know of Ragnar the Vanir?

Before the conversation continues, Gang approaches and interrogates the lad. "I do not have much coin, no. Only enough for a bowl of stew on a cold night. I am searching for someone." he replies guardedly. His attention on the Khitai warrior, he nearly misses Rohan's declaration. He leaps from his seat nearly spilling his ale. The barkeep scoops up the coin from Rohan and hands him a bowl. "Stew's on the fire. One bowl mind. Hey! Be careful or you'll clean the whole bar yourself!" he ends with a shout at the lad.

"You! I am looking for him!" he cries pointing towards the towering barbarian at the bar.

Perception: 3d6 9 - The young man appears to be a messenger, a corner of an oilskin folio pokes out of the corner of his bag.

OOC:
Feel free to roll your own dice, then you can narrate things like crits and obvious successes.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"There's enough water in the ale already," Dawa calls out to Rohan, grinning, raising his nearly-empty mug. At the messenger's shout, Dawa only raises his eyebrows. Apparently these new folk were of some import. Of course, it could be a message from someone looking for recompense for too many dents in their lintels.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Taking the bowl, Rohan walks over to the pot and scoops out his stew. An eagle-eyed observer might notice that his scoops seem to bring up the heartiest bits of stew, thick with meat and vegetables. Once his bowl is full, Rohan takes a seat near the fire and begins to eat. He nods his head towards the young man. "If you seek a warrior of Ragnar's strength, you must have dire problems indeed."

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

"Vanir," he says to Ragnar, "you have message from someone. Lad carries it in bag." His interest sparked, he works the flap open to take a look at the folio.

OOC: Good to note that we can self-roll, but in cases of Perception/Observation or Stealth those are always GM-hidden rolls. I could always roll my own Stealth as critical successes, though, hohoho

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach glanced over at the youth as he delivered his outburst. While he still couldn't quite eliminate his Argossean accent when he spoke Cimmerian, he understood it fluently. "Ah. That certainly explains it. The lad wants the big man!"

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2015 around 03:42

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Four-Spoke Inn

With the young man's attention focused on Ragnar, he doesn't notice as Gang deftly slips the oilskin out of the leather satchel. Inside is a letter sealed with wax and stamped with a signet that is unfamiliar to the Khitai thief. Scrawled on the outside is Cimmerian script that the he does not read, but the name on the letter is unmistakable - "Ragnar"


Perception: 3d6 17
vs.
Pickpocketing: 3d6 11

Gag acquires one (1) oilskin envelope.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

Ah, yes, the letters. Ragnar's name is familiar. What's inside? He'll have a look for some reading practice. A dagger appears in his hand to pry the seal open and have a quick look. The envelope will likely be useful, too, but the lad can have that back.

OOC: Sorry, Doc, but I get first pick at these hell moon runes!

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert gets up and glances over Gang Wei's shoulder, peering at the envelope. He was no scholar, but he could read and write, if slowly.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Boy! Tell me your trouble so that I can get on with my drinking." Ragnar pays no attention to the actions of Gang Wei, since he is far more focused on his drink.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Four-Spoke Inn

The young lad hustles from his end of the bar over to Ragnar and his end of the bar. "I have a message for you! I was bid to carry a letter from Truan of Icewater, Truan Half-hand he said to tell you, and read it for you." He reaches into his leather bag searching for something. With increasing panic he searches through the bag, upending it and spilling out a meager collection of belongings. A sheathed knife, a pair of gloves, and a small purse land on the floor with a clatter and jingle.
"No! Where is it? I swear it was here, I had it not two days ago when I left Icewater." he says. He looks up at Ragnar with fear and apology writ on his face.

Over at the other end of the bar, Gang and Alhert examine the poor kid's letter. To Gang, it's nothing bug chicken-scratchings on the coarse paper. Alhert is able to make out the scribblings.

Letter text:

Ragnar my friend! It has been too long since we last met. Does Alhert still ride with you? I recall the adventures we had last time we joined forces, what riches we reaped! I can still hear the ringing of steel against steel when I sit by the fireside on these cold winter nights. Since we parted ways, I made the most of my fortune. Did you with yours? No, I heared rumors that you had not! Well, fools and money and all that nonsense my friend. Let me give you a chance at another round of fortune.

Icewater village has seen a recent spat of abductions and murders in their number. Bodies have been found frozen on the edges of farms and fields with their hearts cut out and faces mutilated. Goods have disappeared in the night, and rumors fly like arrows. The mayor's own jewelled-hilt sword, a gift from the king(!) has been stolen. I've made some investigation and I believe that there is a cult responsible for this madness.

What do I care of murder and theft? What would you care? I committed plenty. But Icewater has been a home of sorts for the past few years. It suits me. My bones are aging, and I am not as driven to adventure as I once was. Does this shock you? Hah! I was already aged when we stood beside in battle, and years are unforgiving. The flame of valor has dimmed to an ember within me but it is not dead my friend!

I have a hunting lodge west of the village of Icewater, past Plummer's farm and follow the old logging road into the hills. After an hour's walk you will see signs. I have sought friends to engage for this pursuit, but when I put my mind to it I could not think of a better rogue suited to the task. Have you a company of your own? Bring them! There will be spoils of gold and gems aplenty to share even amongst the most varied of cohort.

I pray your presence at my door will be your reply. The bearer of this knows the way to Icewater, he may be trusted and can guide you. We will stand together again for one last exploit!

Your friend
- Truan


OOC: apparently cimmerian has no written alphabet. Oops.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

"Vanir, message smells like money. You interest?" He tosses the letter on the bar and the oilskin next to it. "Give money, I come."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

"Ragnar, remember old Truan Halfhand? He's settled down in some little village, name of Icewater. There's something killing off the people there, sounds like kind of Pictish mischief if you ask me." he turns and spits on the ground at this remark. "Men with their hearts cut out, mutilated bodies, things of that nature. Just like in the Westermarck, remember? He says that there'll be money in it if we can go and sort it out. Apparently this fellow knows the way" He continues, indicating the young messenger.

Beardless fucked around with this message at Jan 10, 2015 around 23:39

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

"What he said," the rogue adds uselessly. "Money. Make Hand-man pay for drinks."

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach slipped past Ragnar and the messenger and dramatically scooped up the letter, skimming over it while relaxing against the bar as if he were on vacation; he enjoyed making a mockery of this young man's failed efforts to keep his belongings.

"Gold and gems? Sounds like a prize to me! I think this would make a fine use of our talents."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"With their hearts cut out!" Dawa exclaims. He makes a vague gesture of covering his heart, then his temple, as if to ward off evil. "Nasty business. I could do with a bit of coin, if you folk have need of a bow. I'd prefer to stick to traveling between villages, anyway."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Pictish savagery. It does sound like the Picts are on a war path. Very much like Westermarck, my friend. Or some other base knaves who are just as savage as the Picts." Ragnar rubbed his beard contemplating what the message. Although he preferred the work of a mercenary, he didn't want to ignore the plea from a good friend. He turned to his assembled band.

"I will go boy. If I can bring an end to this mystery, then so be it. If any wish to accompany Alhert and I, you are welcome. No telling what danger we might face and it is often better to have too many then too few. Also Since there is bound to be treasure in this endeavor, I think even the Khitian will be happy to join us in solving this problem of Halfhand."

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

"You have my sword, Ragnar" Totach said. "For glory, I will go!"

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

He rubs his hands together, satisfied with this outcome. "Fair pay for fair work. I am ready any time."

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

"I have pledged my fellowship, and so I shall join you. There is honor in defending the innocent from those who would do them harm. My fists are yours, Ragnar of Vanaheim." Rohan had a habit of addressing everyone formally, using their full name. "Shall we depart now, or wait until morning?"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

"Let's leave in the morning. We'll rest here for the night, we'll be able to get supplies and make good time in the morning."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"Good," Dawa says, "since I already paid for my room." And by paid for his room, Dawa meant he got permission to sleep in the barn. "Call me Dawa. The rest of my name is tedious to explain, and I don't like it anyway."

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



The Road To Icewater

The boy nods his assent, and glares at Gang and Alhert for the brief theft of the letter he carried. Icewater is a logging camp grown into a village a mere three days away by road. The next morning, a cool mist envelopes Beyfield as the six warriors prepare for the journey. The road to Icewater leads west from Beyfield, towards the mountains and the ancient and overgrown forests of Cimmeria. After a few hours on the road Beyfield is out of sight behind copses of trees and a few hours after that the farms surrounding the town fade into pine-filled wilderness. By the time it is time to break for the midday meal, the sun has burned away the fog and provided a pleasant warmth to the chill mountain air. By the end of the day the party is practically the only travelers on the road. The first night is spent in a tiny caravanserai with only a trapper's team bound for the wilds for company.

Pushing on to Icewater, the air grows cooler and thinner with altitude. Trees as thick around as ox-carts tower overhead, and mist hangs in the branches where the sun cannot reach it. The road narrows and degrades into a simple dirt path rutted by seasons of loggers hauling their product to market. Camping out under these evergreen eaves is a cold proposition, thankfully eased by past travellers leaving primitive but well-marked campsites. The weather turns ill overnight and in the morning the forest is blanketed in a thick layer of fresh snow. By the time you reach Icewater it is well into dusk. Cold and wet, you see ahead of you the pools of firelight spilled out of rough windows of the village. The lone inn of the village beckons just a few hundred yards away.

OOC: Alrighty, jumping right in. Feel free to narrate flavor traveling to Icewater, parking at the Inn, or indicate moving on to the morning and Truan's lodge.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach always held a sense of discomfort in forests. So many years living in port or on ships made him used to wide open spaces, especially open bodies of water. Being surrounded by trees until sunlight had difficulty reaching the ground felt confining, claustrophobic. The only good thing he could say was that he always had plenty to climb if he felt the urge to get off the ground. During his service in the civil war, he would sometimes climb a tree to relax and get away from everyone else. Time hadn't dulled his pangs of loss for his former life....

But that didn't matter here. All that mattered was keeping the coin flowing. And this sleepy, freezing little village would hopefully start that back up.

"Finally, an inn. I feel like my face is going to fall off in these temperatures," he said. He was a tropical kind of guy, still not totally used to the colder Aquilonian and Cimmerian weather even after multiple years there.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

The eastern man had a scarf wrapped around his face several times, leaving only his eyeline visible under his hat. "Face cannot fall off. No cliff to fall from," he replies at Totach. Winter type life never really suited him, being from the humid jungles beyond the Wall, but nonetheless he got on well enough. "Hearts ripped from bodies? Bigger problem than face fall-off. More money, too. Money fix face issues. Buy shave for Totach." He gives a thumbs up to the swashbuckler. Witty banter in a secondary language was about what you'd expect out of Gang Wei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan appeared relatively comfortable compared to the others, the cold not bothering him quite as much, as his physical training pays off. Meditate under waterfalls often enough, and chilly weather ceases to be as significant a hindrance. He was not, however, insensitive to his companions' plight, and it's not as though he were immune to the cold. Not yet, anyway. "I suppose we should stay the night, to rebuild morale. We make good progress, I doubt it will be much longer before we have reached our destination. I hope that no further lives have been lost as we have traveled."

  • Locked thread
«13 »