Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



ooc: back from vacation, I'll update soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alherts stands by Ragnar, plants his feet, and swings his halberd into the mass of grey fur.

Standard attack, skill 20, Swinging the axe-y bit at some wolves.
Attack: 3d6 10
Damage: 4d6+2 20


pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 18/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9, Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advantages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Campsite
Dawa never loses his grip on the bow or yields to the pain of having a wolf land on top of him. With a deft roll he comes back facing up with a nocked arrow pointed straight into the chest of the slavering beast. The arrow fairly buries itself nock-deep into the wolf. Totach and Rohan race back across to the campsite to his aid, one yelling battle cries while the other silently charges. Wounded, cowed, and lacking the bulk of their pack the standing creatures flee. Perhaps they'll have a chance to feast on the corpses of their slain brothers later, a suitable cannibalistic ending to these loathsome scavengers.

Ragnar pulls the head of his hammer out of the gaping hole in the chest of the wolf that bit him. Blood flows freely down his arm and mingles with the blood of the wolf on the hammer. Taking stock of the campsite, it's been fairly well cluttered with the corpses of the wolves that had attacked. Eight furry bodies lie still on the ground. Everyone remains standing though, if somewhat worse for the wear. Ragnar and Dawa are the only ones who were wounded proper, Alhert only taking scrapes to his armor. Rohan and Totach are unharmed. Gang... where is Gang? A quick search of the surroundings doesn't reveal a body and his bedroll is still here, but his pack is missing.


Dawa - Still hits even after penalties
W7 Dodge roll: 3d6 11 No dodge!

Totach - Rushing to Dawa, swings wildly, misses

Rohan - Rushing to Dawa
W8 Dodge roll: 3d6 12 No dodge!
10 damage-2 armor=8 penetratingx3=24 Damage! Dead wolf.

Ragnar - Striking
Strike a wolf!: 3d6 5 Hit!
W6 Dodge roll: 3d6 11 No dodge!
Damage roll: 6d6+1 25-2 armor = DEAD

Alhert - Hitting wolves
Hits!
W5 Dodge roll: 3d6 6 Dodges!

Wolves flee!

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Totach Redmane

"drat!" Totach curses at the sight of the empty bedroll. When could he have disappeared? There's no way he could have slept through the whole battle. Maybe he fled? But to where?

"We should tend to our wounds now, while the wolves flee," he says. "They likely won't return, but who knows what ruckus this battle created?"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan takes a moment after the battle to offer a prayer for the fallen wolves. Mere animals, they bore the group no malice, seeking only to find food, and while it was only natural they be struck down, Rohan took no satisfaction in it, like he might the defeat of a wicked bandit. Turning to Ragnar and Dawa, he bows in contrition. "I apologize, I was unable to prevent your injuries. I will be more vigilant in the future."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa groans as he rotates his arm, trying to get some feeling back into his muscles. The beasts were heavier than they looked - or at least, heavier than their grace would seem to imply. At least they hadn't managed to get a grip on his flesh, no doubt they'd have more interest if they made progress. They would be used to herd beasts that would be happy to leave one of their own behind if the group itself escaped. Hopefully that wouldn't be true here, but the wolves wouldn't have know that.

He laughs at Rohan's comment. "Yes, my friend, I even had to get my hands dirty. Come now, we're all capable, some of us with less than ideal weapons for a slavering melee."

He nods at Totach's comment. "No doubt. Hopefully no men are out at this hour, and the fire will keep away any jackals looking for scraps." He sits by the fire, stoking it and adding some of the drier sticks they found. "Who has skill at wound-tending? I only know of herbs that might help, but I'm not going to go looking for any right now."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

Heaing Rohan's apology, Ragnar waves it off. The man had no need to apologize. No proud warrior needed to apologize if they fought well. Ragnar went over to where Gang slept. Crouching down, he inspected the area. He then stood up.

"Sometime during the night, he left. I have no idea what prompted his disappearance, but we should focus more on ourselves and what we have come to do."

He went back and sat down where his stuff lay.

"I know a little first aid, but it may not help."

OOC Frst-Aid-10

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Indeed it does not. The barbarian's rough hands do little to ease Dawa's aching ribs.
Ragnar's inspection of Gang's campsite reveals little. The bedroll remains, the pack is gone. Ragnar sees what could be his tracks, but it is too dark and the area too churned by combat to discover much in the dark. It will have to wait until daylight, if at all.


Ragnar does First Aid: 3d6 16
Ragnar does Doctoring: 3d6 16
Tracking Gang vs 9: 3d6 14

Alhert does First aid: 3d6 11 Heals 1 HP on person of his choice.
Alhert does Doctoring: 3d6 8 Success!
HP recovery: 1d6-2 2 Heals 2 HP of person of his choice.

aldantefax is in fact out of the game. Gang however may be up to no good.
Also, First Aid defaults to IQ-4 which... ain't great for most of you. Can't really punch bites into stopping bleeding.
Alhert, I took the liberty of throwing some First Aid rolls for you since you have the skill. They're yours to use if you wish.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert peered at Ragnar's arm, frowning at the jagged bite wound. He pulled some clean cloth from his pack and bandages it as best he can. "I wish I had some honey to pack on this. If worst comes to worst we'll find some maggots and clean it out."


Yay first aid!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Seeing his allies in pain brings back bad memories for Rohan, worse yet as he knows he lacks the skill to treat their wounds. He silently moves beside the fire, hoping some deep breathing will help balance his emotions. The quarrel in his spirit makes achieving a peaceful state of mind difficult, but soon he finds himself focused on calming the storm within. None of them were grievously wounded, the injuries were a natural result of combat for men of violence. After a long while, Rohan returns to himself, and stands by until he is needed, or the group returns to sleep, at least until Rohan's watch begins.

(I figure Guilt Complex wouldn't apply here, but I still feel like applying a -8 to my Breath Control, an amount equal to the damage everyone suffered, as I try to recover FP faster. Turns out I still succeeded, almost as though I thought up the voluntary penalty after rolling and seeing the good result because I'm trying to look like a cool dude, but that's just, pfffft, that's ridiculous. I'll say this also serves to prevent any further outbursts of apology, at least until someone gets seriously hurt.)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Guilt can trigger on anything even remotely appropriate, and kudos for going for it. An appropriate response maybe would be for Rohan to stay awake and on watch until dawn? For that, you'll be down one FP due to getting up too early until you can get a full night's sleep.

Speaking of which, three CP for everyone! That's two fights down, you're all still here, and the next stop will be the lair of the snake-cult.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Thank you for the healing. It is much appreciated." He smooths the bandages down and makes sure it would be difficult for an enemy's weapon to snag on them.

"I could not find Gang. Could be he merely ran off when he thought the prospect of getting paid was low. Or he might have something to do with the serpent people. That would be dire indeed. If that is the case, then he shall regret joining their side."

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Totach Redmane

"I don't like it one bit," Totach grumbles. "He was a snake, no pun intended, but he had some level of loyalty to coin. He wasn't away from us long enough to get himself courted by the servants of Set with a better deal on our quest. Unless he was part of them all along..."

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

(Actually, that fits together quite well, since I'm going to spend two points on a level of Less Sleep, and one on the initial rank of Immovable Stance. So, now Rohan needs only seven hours of sleep, and wolves won't knock him down.)

Rohan interjects, "Perhaps the thief simply had second thoughts regarding our quest. He did not appear to be especially courageous, it is possible that he planned to run from the moment he learned we would be fighting minions of Set. I shall join the watch for the remainder of the night." Rohan would be tired in the morning, and he was capable of awakening instantly in response to any threat, but having more thoroughly centered himself, he felt that he would not need as much sleep in the future, a technique once mastered by the monks of his order, the greatest of whom needed a mere four hours to be fully rested. This would give him more time to perform his daily rituals without slowing down the group. He had also recalled a stance that he had been taught shortly before the massacre, a way of lowering one's center of gravity, becoming nearly impossible to shove or throw. It would be useful, should they encounter any other wolves, or similar threats.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa groans as he lays back down on his blanket. The warmth from the fire was at least keeping the chill of the night out of his bones, which was trying its damnedest to replace the heady fire of battle. He takes deep breaths, trying to calm down from the fight.

"I say we leave him be," he says casually. "This job isn't for everyone. And if he stands in our path, we'll strike him down like the others. I'll say this, I'm certainly not taking the shortcut he suggested. You'd have to be a goat to manage that path."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"I think we should break camp and head out now. We won't miss a few hours of sleep, and we'll be able to strike early in the day. Perhaps we'll catch them off guard."

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



I see two paths of action, break camp now and shoot for a midday assault (that'll be a hard hike, it'll cost some FP) or rest up fully and arrive more or less on schedule.

Also...
Dawa:
Theology/Religious Ritual -2: 2#3d6 7 14
It occurs to Dawa that arriving midday may be advantageous. His knowledge of Settite rituals is limited, but from what he recalls from the book they found back at Truan's lodge the observances are based on the lunar cycle. Rituals are always finicky about their conditions, so arriving when a key component (the moon) isn't in the sky may give the party an edge. What kind of edge though, he could only guess.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Totach Redmane

Totach sighs. "Ordinarily, I would disagree when it comes to losing sleep...but you're right. This whole situation strikes me as deadly and odd, and we're in unfamiliar territory. It may be best to end this fight sooner and get out of here than to risk staying in enemy territory."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa, as well, sighs. "You might have a point - the Setites revere the moon, and without, it they may be without some measure of power." He shrugs. "Just a sense of their ways, particularly given what we read in Half-hand's home. I would feel better with the sun at my back in a fight, but I'd also feel better if I got some rest. If the vote is to move on, I won't argue." He looks at the others expectantly.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan stands, his lack of personal possessions making it easy for him to begin traveling. "I shall abide by the group decision. Time may well be of the essence, though we risk further encounters with wolves if we travel by night."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

"It seems we are in agreement. given that we will likely be outnumbered by the Settites, it makes good sense to strike when they are at their weakest. Alhert begins to gather his things, rolling up his bedroll and strapping it to his pack. "He looks up at Rohan, and shakes his head. "Wolves won't attack men on the move. They fell upon in the night, hoping to catch us unawares. Those that survived will be cowed, and unlikely to try us again."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"If there is no disagreement, then we should head out."

Ragnar begins to pack up his stuff and wait to see if there is any dissension.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



At the gates of the Snake lair



The party gathers up their belongings and strikes out into the dark. The darkness obscures the path, but Ragnar and Dawa both quickly orient themselves with cunning and snatched glimpses of stars through the canopy of the forest. Before long the party crosses a frigid stream at the bottom of the valley at dawn. The air is barely warm enough to melt the thin rime of ice around the stones that line the creek, but the sky is clear. By midday, you have reached the ridge overlooking the valley where the snake lairs. Pines sit amongst large rocks and tumbled boulders and spill down to choke the valley floor. Far to the west, the glitter of the Icewater river can be seen.

Ragnar spies it first, as he is familiar with these wilds and spots that which does not belong. East, and halfway down the hillside sits a carved chunk of stone that marks where an ancient outpost once stood.

Dawa and Alhert: The rock walls have crumbled, but much of what was inside the perimeter that was protected from the weather remains. A trio of small lean-tos are set up in the shelter, and a small wisp of smoke rises and is swept away by the wind. The primary watchtower has crumbled but the first floor still stands. A stony eave covers what's most likely to be a main entrance. Further down the hillside, a pair of men can be seen standing nearby nothing but a pile of rocks. Despite the lack of anything there, they do not leave their posts.


You have arrived at the lair of the Snake! Alhert and Dawa have some additional information from observation rolls. Please feel free to narrate the journey here as you see fit, also your plans to investigate and proceed.

Ragnar Navigation vs 10: 3d6 6
Dawa Navigation vs 12: 3d6 12

Ragnar Perception vs 12: 3d6 5
Totach Perception vs 10: 3d6 11
Rohan Perception vs 12: 3d6 16
Alhert Perception vs 12: 3d6 9
Dawa Perception vs 14: 3d6 9

Alhert observation vs 11: 3d6 8
Dawa observation vs 14: 3d6 11

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Totach Redmane

Totach drops to his belly and crawls to the edge of the ridge. He wants to keep his profile as low as possible to avoid being spotted. He glances over the crumbling rocks.

"This area must be ancient. I would expect it's been a lair for a long time, maybe for many owners over history."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Aye, the serpent people have been around since before time began. Those ruins down there must have been their fortress in times past. Now, I wager that it is where we would find the entrance to their underground lair."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"I see three lean-tos," Dawa says thoughtfully, "but only two men. They're near those rocks there. There's... nothing else there. How odd. There's an old watchtower, as well, but not much left of it. Might be someone hiding in a little shadow, there. I see an entrance underground, we should make sure no one runs inside to warn their companions, if we can help it."

The trip was exhausting, but not so much that Dawa loses interest in bringing what weapons they have to bear against the Setites. He had found some extra cloth and wrapped them tightly around his bruised ribs. It hurt, but not as much as it might without it, particularly given what they might be about to get into. He was hoping the exhilaration of their strike would keep him focused.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

The Gunderman steps back down, until most of his body is hidden behind the ridge, and shades his eyes as he studies the sentires in the valley below. He then turns his gaze to the valley itself, looking for a route that would allow them to take the Settite sentries by surprise. "It would be best to make our way into the valley quietly. As few as we are, we cannot afford to go marching in and announcing our presence openly."

Per 12, Observation 11, and Tactics 12 to find a route into the valley that would let us avoid being spotted.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan nods his assent. "We should exercise caution, as the cultists may have innocent people held hostage, as well. It would be prudent to avoid a situation where their lives might be threatened."

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa clucks his tongue for a moment. "Let's consider a dual attack. We'll creep closer, from two different angles, I'll fire an arrow and see if I can take one out. Either way, they'll be confused, and have their eyes in one direction while more of us come from another direction."

As if drifting to another topic in his head, he adds, "I was expecting more of them."

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Gates of the Snake Lair

Alhert scans the hillside for the best approach. The woods here are wild so the initial approach will be simple: keep noise to a minimum, and the trees should do the rest. How to set up for the ambush will take skill and stealth.

The path that comes down on top of the sentries would almost certainly take them by surprise, but it would expose the party to direct observation from the main camp. So far there's been no sightings of sentries there, but it's hard to tell without getting closer.

A large clump of trees gives cover from view directly level the hillside, but a brushy meadow means poor cover for many yards before reaching the sentries.

Approaching from below has the concealment of the forest nearly to the feet of the sentries, but it will be an uphill fight if anything unexpected appears.


Alhert: Tactics vs 12: 3d6 10
Three potential approaches, again with some trade-offs. Let me know of pitching those kinds of setups get irritating.

Also, I forgot to mention everyone is down 2FP from the hike, fight and missing a bit of sleep.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Appearances can be deceiving. There is no reason for these men to stay here, unless they're guarding something."

Moving closer to the encampment, Ragnar responds to Dawa's plan.

"That sounds good."

OOCSneaking up on the men. Stealth-12
FP: 11

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Totach Redmane

"Agreed, I am certain there are more. And also certain that we've only seen part of the camp," Totach says. "I agree with Dawa's plan. Personally, I would take a stealthy approach from below. We want maximum concealment and to take the enemy by surprise as close as possible. If things get too tough, we can break contact and come from another angle."

Stealth 14, FP 11

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at May 4, 2015 around 19:02

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan quietly follows along with the plan, preferring action to words. His footfalls are light and his movements quick, but the previous night's exertions left him somewhat fatigued.

(Stealth is 15, FP is at 10.)

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"I'll try to signal if I see anything out of the ordinary - keep your ears open. I'll approach from those trees there, and stay out of sight." He nods to the others, and sets off.

I'll stay in the 'clump of trees' you mention. Full aiming bonus gets me to Bow-23. Stealth is at 13. (FP:9)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



just waitin' on alhert...

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert lets the others pass, and then takes up the rear guard. He wouldn't be surprised if the snake - worshipers had some men lurking in the woods,as well as the visible guards.

Stealth 14, and Observation 11. Sorry for the delay, I've been slammed at work.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Gates of the Snake Lair
The party slips around below the cultists and approach from the downhill side. Cover is thick, and the group manages to approach close before the most dangerous part of an ambush. Dawa positions himself at the far end of the meadow and crouches next to a tree. Little flakes of snow fall on his head as the branches shake slightly from him bumping against the trunk.

It was the third cultist who was in the cave and unseen by the group that caught Ragnar by surprise. The barbarian, approaching the two known guards silently and with a tree screening him realizes his overconfident mistake too late and is caught in the open as the third guard walks out to his companions.

"Hey! You there, halt!" comes the cry, and the other two spring to their feet with blades drawn. Dawa startles as the guards alert. His arrow should have been the signal to spring the ambush.

"Another! There, by that tree!"

Looks like Dawa has been made too.




Cultist's Perception
Cultist's Perception: 3d6 9 - Succeeds by 1

Ragnar Stealth:
Stealth vs 12: 3d6 15 Failed, spotted
Totach Stealth:
Stealth vs 14: 3d6 12 Success by 2, stealthed
Rohan Stealth:
Stealth vs 15: 3d6 10 Success by 5, stealthed
Alhert Stealth:
Stealth vs 14: 3d6 10 Success by 4, Stealthed
Dawa Stealth:
Stealth vs 13: 3d6 13 Success by 0, Spotted


Dawa and Ragnar have been spotted, the other three are stealthed. If you wish to remain so, you may make another roll when you take an action, otherwise you'll reveal yourself to the alerted guards.

Order of action resolution:
Rohan/Dawa/Totach 7
Ragnar 6.25
Alhert 6.0
Cultists 5.5

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Totach

Totach stifles a curse from coming out, wanting to keep the element of surprise as long as possible. Sword drawn, he circles around the boulder and charges head-on at the man on the other side of the rock.

Attacking Cultist 3.

Shortsword 20: 15

code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totach’s basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan quietly darts from the treeline, headed for the cultist to his left. His attack is as vicious as it had been with the wolves during the night, as Rohan hoped to end this fight quickly. Rohan opens with a feint, hoping it will prove more useful than it had earlier. He then channels his strength into piercing his foe's armor, and strikes at his ribs. He strikes true, striking clear through the man's armor and leaving an unsightly hole in his chest.

(Stealth is 10 again. Doing double action with a Determined All-Out Attack directed at Cultist 1. 7 under 14 on Feint, margin of 7. Activating Breaking Blow, barely successful. Then a crit with the final attack, a Lethal Blow to the Vitals, as per usual. This attack automatically causes a Major Wound as an effect of the crit. The attack does 6, tripled to 18 damage, I assume what armor remains after the Breaking Blow affects this in some way. 9 FP remaining.)

quote:

ST 11 (13 for damage); DX 16 ; IQ 10 ; HT 12; HP 11; Will 11; Per 12; FP 12; Damage 1d+4/2d+2 (Power Blow)
Basic Speed 7.00; Basic Move 8, Dodge 12, Parry 13 (Judo/Karate)/14 (missile weapons)

Relevant Advantages: Combat Reflexes, Danger Sense, Unfazeable, Enhanced Dodge, Enhanced Parry (Unarmed), High Pain Threshold

Skills: Karate 17, Judo 16, Parry Missile Weapons 18, Tactics 10, Breaking Blow 12, Breath Control 14 (good to know for quickly restoring FP), Body Control 13, Pressure Points 12, Power Blow 13, Blind Fighting 13, Immovable Stance 17

Chi Powers: Striking ST 2, Damage Resistance 2

DR: 4. For everything (except the eyes, which are 0).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Hearing the sentry's shouts, Alhert spring forward, all pretenses of stealth abandoned. He follows Totach around the large boulder, and steps up on his right, swinging his halberd at the cultist.

Going to make two Moves, heading southwest and ending up next to totach as he moves in, then an Attack on Cultist 3 if he's still up by then. If not I'll continue south to engage Cultist 2.

Attack Roll, Polearm 20: 3d6 7



pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 18/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 11/13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 
Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advatages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2
  
Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

  • Locked thread
«13 »