Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach looks around the trail. "Let me see if I can get up higher." He begins looking around for a nearby tree he can climb and get a bird's eye view of the lodge.

Per 10 to find a tree and look from the top, Climbing 16 if I get a suitable one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert casts his gaze around, looking for any signs of a struggle. If someone had set upon Truan, there surely would be some sign.

Per 12, looking for signs of a fight or other deviltry. Broken windows and doors, that kind of thing.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge

Totach easily finds a tall pine to scramble up. The first few feet are the most difficult before he reaches the thick branches. From there, it is as difficult as climbing a ladder. Heís at the top of the tree in moments with no more trouble than hands sticky with bits of sap and needles stuck to his clothing.

The pine sways gently as a cool breeze blows through the treetops, chilling Totachís face. The forest around is quiet and still. From his vantage point he can see the entirety of Half-handís lodge. From the lodge in the meadow below, he can see what appears to be a kitchen by the massive stone chimney to the west on the opposite side of the lodge from the group. Two sheds and a stilted food cache sit to the south and west of the lodge, with small footpaths leading to them. Drying racks for hanging venison stand empty. Down the hill to the north is a workshop. Several sawhorses stand in front alongside an anvil and an array of tools hang on the wall of the building.

For a few minutes Totach scans the surrounding forest for signs of any activity. Only a few birds catch his eye, otherwise he spies nothing but swaying treetops and empty meadows.


Climbing tree: 3d6 8
Perception: 3d6 12


Alhert meanwhile searches around for signs of conflict at the lodge. The snow hasnít been disturbed since the last fall, so if anyone walked the area it was days ago. Approaching the lodge cautiously he inspects the doors and windows. Nothing is broken, and the latch on the door is closed to prevent a gust of wind from blowing it open. No sign of a struggle can be found.

What alerts him however, is not something his eyes see, but his ears catch. The crack of breaking wood, distant but distinct. In these hills, itís difficult to tell direction but he can tell which way it wasnít. Not from the east.

Perception: 3d6 5

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Nothing is right about this situation. I doubt we'll find half-alive in his house. Either he has been killed or taken away." Ragnar looks around, feeling in his gut that combat was near. Truan's attackers may have not fled the scene. Perhaps they were lurking in ambush.

Ragnar then whispers to the men around him,

"Prepare for a fight. Our foes wait in ambush. This is the time for you who are new to my band to prove your worth. Wei, Dawa, go find our enemy. If he is around, he will be lurking in the bushes like a snake ready to pounce. Alhert, Rohan you stay here and ready yourselves. If our hidden foes wish to ambush someone, I shall oblige them."

Ragnar walked to the cabin without looking around. If their foes wanted to give them a surprise, then he would accept their present. And give them one back.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach stays in the tree as the rest go in. He's going to keep watch for anything coming toward the cabin as the rest of his party searches.

Perception 10

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert freezes, straining his ears. Then Ragnar announces his plan, and he grins. He shifts his shoulders, feeling the mail, and grips his halberd, waiting for the moment when steel would meet flesh.

Perception 12 again.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa nods thoughtfully, looking about. The snow was an effective blanket, but even blankets held folds and creases, and had to hint at whatever was underneath. He draws an arrow and notches it as he begins to circle the main structure. His eyes were on the ground and trees as much as the old structure.

Tracking 16, Perception 14. Will circle the other buildings as well on my side.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Dawa looks around for tracks but sees nothing recent. The snow on the paths around the cabin is smooth, meaning no one has walked on them in days. He quickly comes to the conclusion: whenever the ground was last walked upon, it was not done so in duress.

<Alhert&Dawa>The scout hears it first. Looking back at his companions, it seems that Alhert has heard it too. A cracking branch in the trees to the southwest. Indistinct voices in the distance. Someone is approaching the lodge, and not too stealthily. You guess you have but moments before they reach the treeline.

From his treetop perch, Totach can see his companionís movements around on the ground. The wind in the treetops mutes his hearing, and the branches block his view of anything beyond the treeline. Below, he spots Alhert and Dawa stop and alert. Ragnar simply marches to the lodge, oblivious of any danger while Rohan and Gang skulk about nearby.


Totach: Perception: 3d6 12
Alhert: Perception: 3d6 8
Dawa: Perception: 3d6 5
Dawa: Tracking: 3d6 8

OOC: Alhert, Dawa you have enough time to do one thing: Convey your knowledge to the rest, position yourself advantageously to ambush, fortify, or hide, anything else that you might be able to do in <1 minute.

Iíll get a combat map of the area up here soon.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

"Dammit" Totach mutters to himself. This is pointless.

He begins climbing back down the tree, planning to start walking toward Alhert and Dawa.

code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totachís basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2015 around 18:51

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert whirls around, drops his pack and swings his cloak off, and begins to move towards the trees, shouting as he goes. "They are in the trees, to the southwest! At them!"

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 
Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advatages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2
  
Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan, usually eager to practice his fighting skills, suddenly calls after Alhert. "A moment! Suppose that your friend was simply out of his home this morning, and is just now returning! You may be about to attack the person who requested our assistance!" Rohan may be a skilled fighter, but he had no intention of attacking an innocent man.

quote:

ST 11 ; DX 16 ; IQ 10 ; HT 12; HP 11; Will 11; Per 12; FP 12; Damage 1d+3
Basic Speed 7.00; Basic Move 8, Dodge 12, Parry 13 (Judo/Karate)/14 (missile weapons)

Relevant Advantages: Combat Reflexes, Danger Sense, Unfazeable, Enhanced Dodge, Enhanced Parry (Unarmed), High Pain Threshold

Skills: Karate 17, Judo 16, Parry Missile Weapons 18, Tactics 10, Breaking Blow 12, Breath Control 14 (good to know for quickly restoring FP), Body Control 13, Pressure Points 12, Power Blow 13, Blind Fighting 13

DR: 2. Just 2. For everything.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert starts to retort, but pauses. The man may have a point. He faces the treeline where he had heard the voices, and calls out. <Cimmerian>"Who goes there?" Are you a friend of Truan Half-Hand?

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 
Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advatages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2
  
Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

Beardless fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2015 around 18:18

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



There is no response to Alhert's shout in Cimmerian. What is easy to hear now is the sound of surprised voices, followed by barked orders, just out of view. Clear in the cold air is the unmistakable rattle of weapons being readied, spread out along the southwest treeline. At least a half-dozen, but no more than ten by the sound of it.




Dawa-perception: 3d6 9
Alhert-perception: 3d6 5
Totach-perception: 3d6 8
Ragnar-perception: 3d6 9
Gang-perception: 3d6 8
Rohan-perception: 3d6 11

Up is North, sounds are coming from the southwest. If you're radically elsewhere from where you thought you'd be, speak up. Also, if you have a specific image to use for a token, please post it.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach begins to sprint toward Rohan. He needs to get closer to the rest of the group; trying to fight everyone yourself tends to lead to misery.

OOC: I want to end up 3 hexes from Rohan.

code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totachís basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2015 around 21:21

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"To Alhert!" He yells at the others. Now that the enemy had deigned to show itself, Ragnar knew the best plan would be to meet them as a group. Except for the two prowling the woods. No doubt they would do best by striking by themselves. Ragnar began to run towards Alhert.

OOC Moving 7 hexes west.

pre:
ST 19; DX 14; IQ 10; HT 13; Per 12; Will 11
HP 24/24 ; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 7
High Pain Threshold, Outdoorsman 4, Signature gear 3, Striking ST 2, 
Weapon Master (Two-handed Axe/Mace), Focused Fury, Power Grappling, 
Weapon Bond, Gigantism (+1 SM)

Maul "PAIN" DAM 6+1 Reach 1,2 Weight 18 ST 19

Layered Leather, heavy (Torso) 4 
Leggings, mail (Legs) 4/2 
Leather Gloves (Hands) 2 
Boots (feet) 2
Here's something for his map token:

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2015 around 21:24

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa readies a whistle for the rest of the group, but the shouts beat him to it. No reason to suspect the interlopers were anything but trespassers, wandering across fresh snow and not arriving along the road, really. His loose grip on the bowstring and arrow tightens, he begins to backpedal away from the woods toward his companions.

Moving back to the building next to Alhert.

pre:
ST:13 DX:14 IQ:12 HT:12
HP:13/13 FP:12/12 BS:7 BM:7
Combat Reflexes, Heroic Archer, Outdoorsman 2
Bow:18, Fast-draw (arrow):16

Fine Longbow: 1d+2 imp, Acc:3, Range:234/312, RoF:1

Leather jacket, DR:1 (torso and arms)
Camo cloak, DB+2.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



The party arrays itself in staggered line between the two sheds, and waits. They do not have to wait long. In moments a rough band of men emerge from the forest, armed and dangerous looking.

"Looks like someone else is here to loot. Get 'em boys, we'll take their gold for ourselves. I want the big one's hammer!" says the leader of the band, the bandit in the middle with mail showing through his furs.

He and five others spread out in a battle line, shields and weapons raised while two on the ends notch arrows on their bows.



OOC: It looked like you guys were forming a battle line so I took the liberty of arranging you that way. Dawa, sorry if you're a little forward but your back is to the shed so...

Please roll your combat actions using orokos. That way you'll be able to narrate your own actions as they succeed or fail, or you do things like feints, deceptive attacks, etc.

I don't know where Gang is. Maybe he'll pop up.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

Rohan moves forward, staying just ahead of the group, ready to screen for arrows from the enemy archers.

(Moving forward with All-Out Defense, particularly looking to parry any incoming arrows. The parties are a little far apart right now, so I don't think I can get into attack range.)

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach simultaneously draws his sword and runs around the nearby building. Time to prepare an ambush.

OOC: Moving 7 hexes to the right. How tall is the shed and what's the roof shaped like? I may have an idea.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Prepare to die you wretched sons of whore-dogs!" Ragnar yells at the bandits in the woods. "If you will not face me honorably, then I shall hunt your cowardly carcasses down!" Ragnar begins to run in the direction of the bandits.

OOC Moving 7 Southwest. Gonna sprint after running for two seconds.

pre:
ST 19; DX 14; IQ 10; HT 13; Per 12; Will 11
HP 24/24 ; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 7
High Pain Threshold, Outdoorsman 4, Signature gear 3, Striking ST 2, 
Weapon Master (Two-handed Axe/Mace), Focused Fury, Power Grappling, 
Weapon Bond, Gigantism (+1 SM)

Maul "PAIN" DAM 6+1 Reach 1,2 Weight 18 ST 19

Layered Leather, heavy (Torso) 4 
Leggings, mail (Legs) 4/2 
Leather Gloves (Hands) 2 
Boots (feet) 2

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa lets fly as soon as he has a good target - in this case, it was putting down the archers the bandits had brought along. Make the fight less complicated in your favor - good words to live by. His aim is spot-on.

Attack roll on Bandit #7, and got a 7.

I assume bandits 6 and 7 are the archers.


pre:
ST:13 DX:14 IQ:12 HT:12
HP:13/13 FP:12/12 BS:7 BM:7
Combat Reflexes, Heroic Archer, Outdoorsman 2
Bow:18, Fast-draw (arrow):16

Fine Longbow: 1d+2 imp, Acc:3, Range:234/312, RoF:1

Leather jacket, DR:1 (torso and arms)
Camo cloak, DB+2.
OOC: Forgot, out of town for a couple days for funeral arrangements. Back on Sunday.

Twobirds fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 01:53

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge

Ragnar begins his charge while Rohan takes a more cautious approach. Dawa's arrow flies true and impales the bandit's left leg just below the armor, leaving him shrieking and writhing in the snow.




Bandit #7 Dodge: 3d6 14 - Failed
Damage: 1d6+2 6

OOC: That's everyone with a BS of 7. Also, feel free to roll your damage too. Ragnar especially, I wouldn't want to rob him of the satisfaction of rolling 6d6 for that beast of a hammer.
Totach - The shed is a woodshed made of poles and rough cut slabwood with a simple shed roof. Quite sturdy, ~8 feet tall. It's well-stocked with split logs for the winter.
Rohan - All-out defense: Parry only gives you a move of 1, so I figured you would want to go for a 1/2 move of 4 with the bonus to Dodge considering the ground you need to cover to engage the bandits.

Condolences Twobirds, we'll hear from you after the weekend.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane
Totach moves to the corner of the shed, then leaps up and grabs onto the roof. A few kicks lets him hoist himself up onto the snow-covered roof with ease, sword in hand.

OOC: If Totach were to lay prone on the roof, how much cover would he have from the non-wounded archer?

Climb 16: 5

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

The trip to Truan's up until this altercation has left the Khitai man somewhat sour in the tongue and demeanor. The cold itself was not the problem, it was the lack of action and treasure - so saying, this was the perfect opportunity to absolve these bandits of any loot they themselves have done. He abruptly rises out of the snow next to one, but sneezes, giving away the fact that he's driving a sword into the poor sod's backside. "Hello."

pre:
Combat Stealth (13) Roll: 3d6 14 - Failed, so I'm next to Bandit 7 as he appears to be closest to the party.
Shortsword (14): 3d6 13 - Hits by 1 on a normal roll, the Bandit can use active defense.
OOC: Whoops! Been busy all week. I'm not actually sure how the DF rule works if you fail your start of combat stealth roll, so I'm assuming, but if I'm not actually legally next to a bandit then I will make myself a snowball with a rock in it instead.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



OOC: Ah, that was a fun superbowl weekend! Just waiting on Alhert, but if he doesn't post by this evening I'll bypass him.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Ahert charges in next to Ragnar, moving to his left. He grinned as he saw the first stirrings of fear on the bandit's faces.

OOC Moving 5 hexes to the southwest, putting Alhert two hexes due east of Ragnar.

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advantages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge

The Khitai thief burst from the underbrush mere yards away from the stricken bandit archer and drives home his blade which skitters along the scale armor before slipping between plates and finishing the bandit off. Before he can fully enjoy his triumph, he notices movement out of the corner of his eye. Two more bandits, concealed deeper in the brush, and readying bows. His shout of alarm is met with two arrows trained on him.

The remaining bandits advance forward unshaken by the loss of one of their own. After all, it just means more loot for the rest of them. "Haaken, Lugh, take care of that archer!" cries the leader. The two men on the east edge of the line angle their advance towards Dawa. The archer at the far end simply looses his arrow, straight at Dawa.


Bandit 7
Defense: 3d6 13 Failed, dead.

Bandit 6
Firing arrow - AoA: 3d6 5 HIT
Bow damage: 1d6-1 0 - lol

OOC: Totach - The roof is a slanted shed roof, so not much cover. If you stand on the log pile you can have half your body behind the shed. What cool thing are you thinking of doing, tell me and we can make it happen.
Gang - Please post your combat block. You can be next to the guy, and finish him off! Granted you're a bit forward of the line...

Oh, and maybe this'll help move things a bit faster: Queue up actions 2-3 rounds ahead of time, with contingencies if you can. As long as they sync up I can perform them all (especially for closing distance like this) and when things require decision making then that's where things'll pick up again.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa twists away at the last second as the arrow whistles toward his midsection. It snags in his cloak, carving a little ragged hole. "Dammit," he snaps. "I just patched that." He smoothly dips his hand into his quiver, then back as he notches it. He mutters another curse as his companions charge into his line of sight, though he's no stranger to such confusing melee, and lets fly as soon as his target's in view. Another hit.

A quick snap of the eyes toward the other end of the line suggests the bandits might be trying to have some manner of tactics. That seemed fair. He reaches for another arrow.

I'll use my free step to move northwest. I'll continue fast-drawing arrows and shooting, though aimed for the ones after me, stepping backwards as I go.

Fast-draw (arrow) 16: 12
Bow 18: 16
Damage 1d6+2: 6


pre:
ST:13 DX:14 IQ:12 HT:12
HP:13/13 FP:12/12 BS:7 BM:7
Combat Reflexes, Heroic Archer, Outdoorsman 2
Bow:18, Fast-draw (arrow):16

Fine Longbow: 1d+2 imp, Acc:3, Range:234/312, RoF:1

Leather jacket, DR:1 (torso and arms)
Camo cloak, DB+2.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

Unleashed his barbarian war cry and kept running at the bandit ahead of him.

OOC Gonna keep moving till he gets to hit something. 7 this turn and 8 next,. Either Bandit #1 or Bandit Sergeant depending on who's alive.

pre:
ST 19; DX 14; IQ 10; HT 13; Per 12; Will 11
HP 24/24 ; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 7
High Pain Threshold, Outdoorsman 4, Signature gear 3, Striking ST 2, 
Weapon Master (Two-handed Axe/Mace), Focused Fury, Power Grappling, 
Weapon Bond, Gigantism (+1 SM)

Maul "PAIN" DAM 6+1 Reach 1,2 Weight 18 ST 19

Layered Leather, heavy (Torso) 4 
Leggings, mail (Legs) 4/2 
Leather Gloves (Hands) 2 
Boots (feet) 2

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach realizes that the remaining archer is a major threat. With Ragnar and Alhert charging in blindly and everyone else still far off, he's got plenty of free pickings....especially if Gang is distracted by the two new fighters.

So he needs a distraction.

OOC: I want Totach to make noise and taunt the remaining archer to distract his fire and keep him from shooting until Ragnar can get into the melee, lying flat to use the shed roof as cover. Even better if he can distract some of the other fighters to make Ragnar's charge and Gang's ambush more effective.

Once his distraction is no longer getting attention, Totach's going to come down off the roof and flank around toward Gang's position. Going to try and provide backup for him.


code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totachís basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2015 around 02:48

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

(Okay, I've been reading up, turns out that my Chi Powers that don't require rolls can just be turned on at-will, unless I'm missing something. My next few actions are going to be closing with the nearest bandit and then karate punching him super hard in the pressure points. 8 under a modified Karate score of 15 for the initial punch, 10 under a Power Blow of 13, then another 10, under a Pressure Points score of 12. For damage, a solid eight points. Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll add a 9 under Breaking Blow of 12 to bust through the enemy's armor. But, that only happens if the attack is successful, since it's rolled after a hit, but it will provide an armor divisor of 5, whatever that means, and also something gets treated as Fragile or Brittle. The attack will cost 1 FP if it misses, or 2 if it hits. Also the enemy will need to roll his HT contested against my Pressure Points roll to avoid having a limb disabled for 5d seconds or being subject to suffocation if his torso is hit with a once-per-round HT roll to end, stun if his head is hit with a once-per-round IQ roll to end, or blindness for 2d seconds if his skull is hit.)

Rohan, noticing that the enemy has begun targeting his allies instead of himself, takes an active stance, and rushes the nearest foe. Channeling his inner strength, Rohan opens with one of his style's signature strikes, Fierce Mountain Wind. Like the piercing winds of high mountains, it goes right through the target's armor, hitting their weakest point with devastating force. A stark contrast to Ragnar's fury, Rohan's face remains neutral and impassive as he attacks, quiet grunts of exertion taking the place of battle cries. Fierce Mountain Wind can be a tiring technique to employ, and Rohan prefers not to overuse it.

quote:

ST 11 (13 for damage); DX 16 ; IQ 10 ; HT 12; HP 11; Will 11; Per 12; FP 12; Damage 1d+4/2d+2 (Power Blow)
Basic Speed 7.00; Basic Move 8, Dodge 12, Parry 13 (Judo/Karate)/14 (missile weapons)

Relevant Advantages: Combat Reflexes, Danger Sense, Unfazeable, Enhanced Dodge, Enhanced Parry (Unarmed), High Pain Threshold

Skills: Karate 17, Judo 16, Parry Missile Weapons 18, Tactics 10, Breaking Blow 12, Breath Control 14 (good to know for quickly restoring FP), Body Control 13, Pressure Points 12, Power Blow 13, Blind Fighting 13

Chi Powers: Striking ST 2, Damage Resistance 2

DR: 4. For everything (except the eyes, which are 0).

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert continues to move towards the bandits, and then raises his halberd, ready to strike...

OOC Gonna continue to move SW, 5 hexes at a time, and then when he's close enough he'll go for bandit #2 or #3, depending on who's closer.
Halberding some bandits (Polearm 20): 3d6 8
Damage: 4d6+2 17


pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advantages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



OOC: Please hang in there, as soon as Gang posts I'll have an update shortly thereafter. It's been a very busy week.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

Finishing the dispatch of his original mark, he reaches for the corpse's daggers, flinging it at the bandit leader, before shortly abounding off and away towards the rest of the party. Let the big men sort out their problems with steel. "Be silent, lawless dog," he says, the irony thick in his words.

Fast-Draw (Knife) DX/E - DX+1 16 [1]: 3d6 13 - Success, instantly readies a dagger from the bandit (OK by El Spamo!)
Throwing Art DX/H - DX+0 15 [2]: 3d6 13 - Success by 2 vs. the bandit leader shouting orders, he can defend if he knows it's coming!

pre:
Gang Wei
ST 11 | DX 15 | IQ 13 | HT 11 | Wil 13 | Per 14 
HP 11/11 | FP 11/11 | Spd 6 | Mv. 7 | Enc. 2
Dodge 10 | DR 4/2* | Thr 1d-1 | Sw 1d+1 
Shortsword: 14 (Parry 11) | Dagger: 11 (Parry 8) | Throwing Art 15
Applicable Skills
Applicable Advantages: TBAM, Ambi, Cmb. Reflex, Double-Jointed, P. Balance

Armor stats
Mail Shirt, Heavy Leather (Legs, Arms), Shoes

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge

From the top of the woodshed, Totach shouts belligerant challenges to the bandits. Derisive calls come back.
"You kiss your mother with that mouth?"
"I'll feed your tongue to my dog!"
The bandits are not impressed.


Totach - Causing a distraction: Intimidate?
Intimidate: Distraction vs. 9: 3d6 8
vs.
Collective Will: 3d6 8


Dawa meanwhile plants an arrow in the other visible archer, a beautiful shot from across the field that brings the bandit gasping into the snow. With a motion smooth and fast enough to blur he draws another arrow and readies his bow.


Dawa - Step NW, shoot #6
Dodge roll: 3d6 8 Hit!
3 damage penetrates, 6 damage total: Bandit 6 is down.


Lacking cover and ranged weapons in the face of two archers bearing down on him Gang thinks fast. The dead bandit's dagger at his feet is hilt-up towards him, so he grabs it and in one smooth motion flings it towards the order shouting leader. The range is long though and the armored belly of the bandit is not so easily pierced.


Gang - draw & throw
Dodge roll: 3d6 9 Dagger'd!
Hit location: 3d6 11 In the guts!
Damage: 1d6-2 -1 -3 from armor, no damage!


"Die, filth!" cries one of the archers deeper in the woods. Both loose simultaneously and their shots fly true straight towards Gang's unarmored neck. Perhaps it is the providence of the gods that placed that branch. With heavy thuds and a crack of wood the arrowheads taste only pine instead of flesh mere inches away.


Bandit 8:
Attack Gang: 3d6 10 Miss!
Bandit 9:
Attack Gang: 3d6 10 Miss!


The two bandits angling towards Dawa split around either side of Alhert. "Come on Knight, who are you going to chase!" taunts the bandit to the right of Alhert.
"Quit yapping and kill them!" shouts the sergeant. With a grunt he steps forwards and swings his blade low and fast at Ragnar's leg. With a deft motion the Barbarian pulls his limb out of the way before winding up with a roar for a finishing blow.


Bandit Sergeant
Attack Ragnar - 14: 3d6 8
Dodge roll vs 10: 3d6 10 - Ragnar dodges!


---end round---

Soundless next to the barbarian Rohan focuses his mind on the task. The bandit all but steps into the blow. A snap and crackle of broken metal sounds and the man stops still with Rohan's fist planted in his sternum. Slowly, almost comically, the bandit falls to the ground gasping like a landed fish.


Rohan attacks Bandit 1:
Dodge roll: 3d6 12 Hit!
Hit location: 3d6 11 Gut!


Dawa's shot spoils in the melee. A shot that hits a comrade is worse than no shot at all, so at the last second he pulls his aim and the arrow flies harmlessly away into the woods.


Dawa shoots Bandit 4
Fast draw vs 16: 3d6 10 Arrow!
Heroic bow ready vs 15: 3d6 11 Bow!
Attack Bandit4 vs 12: 3d6 15 Miss!


Still shouting from the shed roof, Totach sees that the tide of battle is turning in favor of the bandits. Ragnar stands two against one. Alhert is in danger of being flanked. Two archers are dead, but the shadows of two more can be seen behind the trees. If ever there was a time to swing into the fight, now would be that time.


Totach Indimidates, and moves closer to the melee.
Intimidate: Distraction vs. 9: 3d6 12


Ragnar brings his hammer up for a blow against the bandit leader. His swing is on target, but the bandit leans back out of the way not even attempting to catch the massive weapon's strike on his shield.

Ragnar attacks Bandit Sergeant
Attack Sergeant vs 17: 3d6 14 Hit!
Dodge roll: 3d6 3 - Superdodge!


Alhert meanwhile engages the bandit closed on him rather than the one closing. Unfortunately the distraction of the flanking enemies slows his blow just enough for the bandit to avoid being struck.


Alhert attacks Bandit 3:
Dodge roll: 3d6 8 Dodge! (barely)


The leader makes a thrusting counter-blow against the barbarian. Ragnar leans back, counterbalancing against the weight of his maul to avoid the blow. Ragnar weaves expertly, the other bandit's swing passes by harmlessly rather than cleaving into the Vanir's chest.


Bandit Sergeant - attacks Ragnar
Attack Ragnar - 14: 3d6 7
Dodge roll vs 10: 3d6 10 Dodge!

Bandit2 - attack ragnar
Attack Ragnar - 12: 3d6 10
Dodge roll vs 10: 3d6 9 Dodge!


"Die you bastard!" shouts bandit charging Rohan. He swings his blade early, overly eager to kill.


Bandit 0, move&attack vs Rohan
Attack Rohan vs 9: 3d6 12 Whiffo


Alhert battles enemies on either side of him. Twisting and turning he struggles to bring his halberd back up to a striking position. The bandit in front of him swings in low while the man behind goes high. Despite his maneuvers both blades impact his armored hide. The blow from behind skids off of the armored backside of the knight. The blow from the front however strikes the thinner mail on his leg, parting the links and spilling knightly blood.


Bandit 3- shank Alhert
Attack Alhert: 3d6 10 Poke!
Dodge vs 8: 3d6 9 Hit!
Hit location: 3d6 6 - Right leg
Damage: 1d6+2 6 -4 armor, 2 damage.

Bandit 4 moves
Attack Alhert: 3d6 9
Dodge vs 8: 3d6 11 Hit!
Hit location: 3d6 9 Torso
Damage: 1d6+2 3 -5 armor, no damage.


EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

(Activating Power Blow, 12 under 13. Then, a Lethal Strike with Pressure Points, aimed at the Vitals, 6 under a modified Karate of 10. This deals 7 damage, which I guess becomes 21 on the Vitals. The contested roll for Pressure Points failed outright, thankfully Pressure Points is one of the few skills to not horribly backfire on a Fumble. Lastly, 8 under 12 for Breaking Blow.)

After the bandit's clumsy swing went wide, Rohan used the opening to duck under him, launching his hand upwards for the most deadly attack he's managed to master thus far, Heavenly Spear Strike. Keeping his hand flat, he thrusts his fingers up towards the enemy's torso, aiming to strike at the heart and lungs. Rohan has only recently mastered the technique, and it shows, as he can already feel that he'll be slightly off-target, just enough to miss the man's pressure points. A devastating blow still, to be sure, but far too imprecise for Rohan's liking, as he makes a mental note to practice his form later.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

"drat!" Totach cries, and he leaps down from the shed roof and begins sprinting toward the melee. Alhert is in need of serious help; the monstrous barbarian is probably enjoying himself, but Alhert will benefit from backup.

OOC: Sprinting as soon as I get off the roof toward Bandit 4. Going to make a sword swing as soon as I reach him and divide up the fight to be a little more fair.

Shortsword 20: 8

code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totachís basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

The archer grunts as his shot goes wide. This was kind of delicate. It had been a while since he was involved in a tumble like this. He dips his hand into his quiver again, drawing it up and getting ready to assist Alhert. Closing down the east flank would put this battle firmly in their favor.

Putting down Bandit 3 if possible, then trying to spot the ones still hidden in the forest. PS I have been schooled on heroic archery.

Fast-draw (arrow) 16: 11
Heroic ready (all-out attack) deceptive (-2) 15: 12
Attack 15: 11
Damage 1d6+2: 7 with -2 to defense


pre:
ST:13 DX:14 IQ:12 HT:12 Per:14 Will:11
HP:13/13 FP:12/12 BS:7 BM:7
Combat Reflexes, Heroic Archer, Outdoorsman 2
Bow:18, Fast-draw (arrow):16

Fine Longbow: 1d+2 imp, Acc:3, Range:234/312, RoF:1

Leather jacket, DR:1 (torso and arms)
Camo cloak, DB+2.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

Taking the opportunity to unsheathe his sword proper, he smells the opportunity as the bandits nearest him focus on Alhert. "Good, let me stab you in the back," the rogue mutters, maneuvering smoothly. "I stab like so, it makes the killing fast." So saying, the blade plunges deep.

Since the bandits are sandwiching Alhert, I'm going to use an action to Ready + step, then followup by another step + an attack. I'm not clear on facing, but I'm going to just assume I have Bandit 4's back. If so, he's not entitled to a defense!
Shortsword (14): 3d6 13

pre:
Gang Wei
ST 11 | DX 15 | IQ 13 | HT 11 | Wil 13 | Per 14 
HP 11/11 | FP 11/11 | Spd 6 | Mv. 7 | Enc. 2
Dodge 10 | DR 4/2* | Thr 1d-1 | Sw 1d+1 
Shortsword: 14 (Parry 11) | Dagger: 11 (Parry 8) | Throwing Art 15
Applicable Skills
Applicable Advantages: TBAM, Ambi, Cmb. Reflex, Double-Jointed, P. Balance

Armor stats
Mail Shirt, Heavy Leather (Legs, Arms), Shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge
Rohan's deadly strike stops suddenly as the edge of the bandit's shield comes down painfully into the crook of his elbow stopping it short of bursting organs and shattering bone. The villain grins over the top of his shield with fetid breath as he raises his rough weapon for a strike. Totach rushes his target from across the field, not stealthfully but catching his attention enough for him to bring up his weapon in a parry before the Redmane's cutlass strikes home. On the other side of Alhert, the bandit suddenly halts in mid-cackle at having drawn blood from the Knight. He shakes his head as though shooing a fly, then crumples bonelessly to the ground with Dawa's arrow just behind his ear.




Rohan -
Block roll: 3d6 6 Bandit blocks!

Totach -
Parry: 3d6 7 Bandit parries!

Dawa -
Dodge -2: 3d6 14 Bandit fails!
Hit location: 3d6 3 Skull hit!
7 damage, -3 DR = 4*4 (skull multiplier) = 16 damage and down.

OOC: Gang, your actions will take place as soon as Ragnar and Alhert act. In the event that Bandit 4 moves significantly, I'll try to keep your character to his plan of being in place to step-and-attack in the back. I'm sorry that facing isn't clear here, but yes that is a good assumption and I'll try not to undermine it.

  • Locked thread
«13 »