Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
  • Locked thread
aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

OOC: Doesn't matter anyway - he's out of active defenses, so even if he breaks away he's gonna get the shankin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

OOC: This is assuming the bandit survives long enough to be attacked.

Totach brings his blade around and delivers a swing to the bandit's right arm. Can't battle with your weapon arm lopped off.

Shortsword 20-2 (Target 18): 10
Basket-hilted cutlass damage: 9

code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totach’s basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert yells as the foe's blade sinks into his leg, but the man falls a moment later, and Alhert is free to concentrate oh the other foe. Moving more cautiously, Alhert steps back and then jabs at the other bandit, just as Totach makes his own swing.

OOC: Taking a step to the NorthEast, and making a Defensive Attack against Bandit 4, thrusting at the face. Effective skill is 15, Damage will be 2d, and he'll geta +1 to his Parry if he needs it, bumping it up to 14.
stabbing bandit 4 in the face, eff. Skill 15: 3d6 12
Potential face-damage to Bandit 4: 2d6 6



pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advantages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

He lets out a snarl as he continues to swing his hammer at the bandit.

OOC Gonna keep going after the Bandit Sgt.

[pre]ST 19; DX 14; IQ 10; HT 13; Per 12; Will 11
HP 24/24 ; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 7; Dodge 9
High Pain Threshold, Outdoorsman 4, Signature gear 3, Striking ST 2,
Weapon Master (Two-handed Axe/Mace), Focused Fury, Power Grappling,
Weapon Bond, Gigantism (+1 SM)

Two-Handed Axe/Mace-17
Maul "PAIN" DAM 6+1 Reach 1,2 Weight 18 ST 19

Layered Leather, heavy (Torso) 4
Leggings, mail (Legs) 4/2
Leather Gloves (Hands) 2
Boots (feet) 2

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

The tide was certainly turning away from the bandits, quite bloodily. Rather than risk more shots into the melee, Dawa moves to the south, trying to get a good look at the other bandits hiding in the brush - he wasn't about to let them fire into the crowd.

Heading south and a couple hexes east of Bandit 4.

pre:
ST:13 DX:14 IQ:12 HT:12 Per:14 Will:11
HP:13/13 FP:12/12 BS:7 BM:7 Dodge:9+2
Combat Reflexes, Heroic Archer, Outdoorsman 2
Bow:18, Fast-draw (arrow):16

Fine Longbow: 1d+2 imp, Acc:3, Range:234/312, RoF:1
Arrows: 16

Leather jacket, DR:1 (torso and arms)
Camo cloak (DB+2)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge

Blood bubbles around the spike on Alhert's halberd as he pulls it free from the bandits face. His leg stings, but two foes lay at his feet in exchange. Over his body stands Gang holding an unbloodied sword and an annoyed expression. Just nearby Ragnar buries his hammer into the guts of the leader with a backhanded swing. The other bandit makes a timid retreating slash at the barbarian that he easily leans back from while Rohan deftly redirects his opponent's swing with a gauntleted hand. Off to his side, Dawa advances and spots the shapes of the two archers in the woods. They've cast off their cover, the one to the west aims while the other fires an arrow that whistles through the air between Alhert and Totach.




Alhert -
Bandit 4 Block roll: 3d6 13 Failed!
6*2(impaling) = 12 damage, dead

Ragnar -
Attack Sergeant vs 17: 3d6 4 Hit! Crit!
Hit location: 3d6 11 Torso!
Damage: 6d6+1 15: -2 armor = 13
Crit Effect: 3d6 13 Major wound!
Stay concious: 3d6 8 Awake!
Bandit Sergeant is down and stunned, but concious and gasping for air.

Bandit 0
Attack Rohan: 3d6 12 Hit!
Parry vs 13: 3d6 12 Parried!
You may attempt to throw Bandit 0 next turn.

Bandit 2
Defensive Attack Ragnar: 3d6 10 Hit!
Ragnar Dodge roll vs 9: 3d6 7 Dodge!
Retreats 1

Bandit 8
Steps and aims

Bandit 9
Attack Alhert: 3d6+4 14 Miss!

--EoR--

Dawa has moved, Totach and Rohan will resolve next followed by Ragnar and Alhert/Gang.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach leans back slightly as the arrow zips through the air past his head. It was a rude awakening, and he was eager to meet it. He turns and begins running toward the archer, zig-zagging in short hops and keeping foliage between them as he advanced. Once he gets there, he's chopping straight into the brain.

Shortsword 20-7 (Target 13): 12

OOC: I'd like Totach to move toward the bandit 9, but in a pattern that makes him harder to hit. So zig-zags and keeping any trees or tall bushes between them as long as he can before maneuvering around them. it's slower, but I'm not suicidal enough to charge straight at an archer and hopefully Dawa can keep me covered.

Once I reach the archer, I'm making a swing straight at his skull.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at Feb 11, 2015 around 01:19

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

"Ho ho. No blood for blades," he says, before picking up the discarded arrow. "I return to sender." Arrows were not meant to be thrown, per se, but don't tell that to Gang Wei...

I got Throwing Art, eat it, Bandit 9!
Throwing Art 15 (not modified for range): 3d6 5 is not a crit, I don't think, but drat if it isn't close. If it is a crit, he can't defend at all - otherwise, he can dodge. No idea what the arrow would do for damage!


pre:
Gang Wei
ST 11 | DX 15 | IQ 13 | HT 11 | Wil 13 | Per 14 
HP 11/11 | FP 11/11 | Spd 6 | Mv. 7 | Enc. 2
Dodge 10 | DR 4/2* | Thr 1d-1 | Sw 1d+1 
Shortsword: 14 (Parry 11) | Dagger: 11 (Parry 8) | Throwing Art 15
Applicable Skills
Applicable Advantages: TBAM, Ambi, Cmb. Reflex, Double-Jointed, P. Balance

Armor stats
Mail Shirt, Heavy Leather (Legs, Arms), Shoes

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

(Okay, so 13 under 16 for an Arm Lock attempt.)

As the bandit's sword is deflected by his gauntlets, Rohan twists around, and moves to grab the man's arm.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Die you whoeson!" Ragnar then brings his hammer down on the fallen bandit.

OOC Attacking the prone Bandit Sgt going for the torso and doing normal dodge for defense.

pre:
ST 19; DX 14; IQ 10; HT 13; Per 12; Will 11
HP 24/24 ; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 7; Dodge 9
High Pain Threshold, Outdoorsman 4, Signature gear 3, Striking ST 2,
Weapon Master (Two-handed Axe/Mace), Focused Fury, Power Grappling,
Weapon Bond, Gigantism (+1 SM)

Two-Handed Axe/Mace-17
Maul "PAIN" DAM 6+1 Reach 1,2 Weight 18 ST 19

Layered Leather, heavy (Torso) 4
Leggings, mail (Legs) 4/2
Leather Gloves (Hands) 2
Boots (feet) 2

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Totach was entering the fray and Dawa moved to keep the archers busy. He had no idea how seasoned they were, even if he missed some folk would just cut and run. The arrow just loosed from his bow proved to want to test the theory, and Dawa's shot whistles by the man inches from his sleeve. He reaches for another, trying to make sure Totach at least reaches a nervous target, if not a wounded one.

All-out attack on bandit 9's drawing arm. Will try again without a targeted location next time.

Fast-draw (arrow) 16: 11
Heroic ready 12: 5
Attack on bandit 9's arm 12: 14 Miss!


pre:
ST:13 DX:14 IQ:12 HT:12 Per:14 Will:11
HP:13/13 FP:12/12 BS:7 BM:7 Dodge:9+2
Combat Reflexes, Heroic Archer, Outdoorsman 2
Bow:18, Fast-draw (arrow):16

Fine Longbow: 1d+2 imp, Acc:3, Range:234/312, RoF:1
Arrows: 15

Leather jacket, DR:1 (torso and arms)
Camo cloak (DB+2)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge
Gang hurls the arrow back towards the archer in the woods and is rewarded with a curse. The bandit leader expires under the hammer of Ragnar, dying like the son of a whore that he was. The Vanir warrior pulls his weapon out of the body and hefts it back into a ready position.

The rest of the enemies appear shaken by the sudden turn of the fight against them. The bandit engaged with Rohan slithers his arm back out of reach, and Totach can see a worried look passed between the twoo archers deeper in the woods.


----
Gang throws
-5 range, hits.
Bandit 9 Dodge: 3d6 9 Failed!
Hit location: 3d6 13 Left leg hit!
Damage, thrown arrow thr -1: 1d6-2 -1 Halved due to range. Minimum 1 damage.

Rohan
Dodge roll: 3d6 7 Dodged!

Ragnar
Attack Ser: 3d6 5 Hit! Crit!
Crit Effect: 3d6 10 Normal damage.
Damage: 6d6+1 21 -2 armor = 18total

OOC: I'll wait until the end of today for Alhert, then progress.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alert Lorimer

Alert begins to move towards the archers, limping slightly, ready to block and arrow if need be.

Moving 5 Southish. I'm phone posting so no Stat block, but it's the same as earlier ones but with HP 15/20.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach continues his weaving path, Gang's arrow hurtling over his shoulder and embedding itself in the archer's thigh. This might be easier than he thought.

OOC: Continuing with my plan and roll from my previous post.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

(Okay, so, I'm doing an All-Out Attack with Rapid Strike. Taking Determined for the +4. first is a single punch of five under a modified Karate of 18. The bandit can't know I'm planning a Rapid Strike so this will eat his one defense option for his next turn. Then, five again for the next one, under a modified Karate of 11. Still targeting the Vitals with the Lethal Strike, 13 exactly to activate Power Blow, 12 exactly for Breaking Blow, and 10 under 12 for Pressure Points. Damage will be 11, which triples to 33. If the first punch does somehow connect, it will do 10 damage, with armor, etc. affecting it normally.)

As the otherwise ineffective bandit continues to prove elusive, Rohan decides to throw caution to the wind, now that the fight is essentially over. His fist lashes out, but Rohan puts little effort into the blow. When the bandit predictably defends against it, Rohan quickly shifts his stance and once more performs the Heavenly Spear Strike. Unprepared for the monk's speed, the bandit is left wide open for the second attack. Unfortunately, Rohan is forced to leave himself open and vulnerable to any other opponents lying in wait.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge
This time Rohan's strike is deadly effective. The bandit clumsily swipes at him as he retreats, then manages to block the first punch with his neck. Gagging, his shield and sword fall to the ground as he clutches at his neck leaving his torso unguarded. Desperately, he tries to twist away but to no avail. Rohan's strike is deadly.

The others begin to flee. Totach's quarry turns to run. His compatriot fires his nocked arrow, flying wide of Alhert. The one man who had engaged with Ragnar with his leader drops his weapons as he runs.



--
Bandit 0
Defensive Attack Rohan: 3d6 16 Miss!

Bandit 2
Flee!

Bandit 8
AoA Alhert: 3d6 10 Miss!

Bandit 9
Flee!

---EoR---
Dawa misses shot.
Totach advances.

Rohan punches.
First punch crits!
Crit Effect: 3d6 12 - Bandit 0 drops weapons!
10 damage -2 Armor is 8.
Dodge roll: 3d6 13 Failed!
33 damage
-2 FP
Rohan's total FP is now 6/12 I believe.

Ragnar, then Gang/Alhert next to act and resolve. The bandits are fleeing at this point. If you guys want you can run them down or let them go. Your speed (or archery) is sufficient to catch them in the next 3-4 rounds and their resolve is broken. The combat is effectively over at this point, just mopping up.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Run you cowardly dogs. Run away and remember how you lost this day!" Ragnar yells at the fleeing bandits. As for himself, he had no desire to chase down the cowards.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

"Oh, no you don't," Totach mutters to himself. He comes around the bush and breaks into a dead sprint after the archer. But he doesn't want to kill him. He wants to take him alive.

OOC: Chasing after the archer and doing whatever I need to do to tackle and subdue him. I want him for questioning.

code:
ST 11, DX 15, IQ 10, HT 13

HP 11, FP 13, Will 10, Per 10

Thrust 1d-1, Swing 1d+1, Basic Speed 7, Basic Move 7, Dodge 10, Parry 13 with cutlass

Advantages
Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Parry, Extra Attack, Luck, Perfect Balance, Weapon Master (Totach’s basket-hilted cutlass), Weapon Bond (+1 to use basket-hilted cutlass)

Disadvantages
Overconfidence, Afraid of drowning

Combat Skills
Fast-Draw Knife 16, Fast-Draw Sword 16, Acrobatics 15, Thrown Weapon - Knife 16, Shortsword 20, Brawling 16, Wrestling 15

Weapons
Basket-hilted cutlass (Added DR 4 to the hand and +1 to punching damage)
Damage: 1d+3 swing, 1d+2 thrust, Reach: 1, Parry: 0, Weight: 2.25, ST: 8

Boot knife
Damage: 1d-2 swing, 1d-2 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 0.5, ST: 5

Belt knives x2
Damage: 1d-1 swing, 1d-1 thrust, Reach: C,1 (swing) C (thrust), Parry: -1, Weight: 1 each, ST: 6

DR
2 on torso (+1 to cutting only), 2* on forearms, 2 on feet

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

As the bandits flee, Rohan turns to look at Ragnar. As the barbarian declines to give chase, Rohan stays back, moving closer to the leader of their band. He picks up some snow, which he uses to clear some of the blood from his gauntlet, after his somewhat excessive finishing blow. "Those men were crude, their skills unpolished. I do not believe they are responsible for the recent killings. Your friend's assessment points toward more seasoned warriors than those. If you have further need of me, I'll be performing some deep breathing exercises near the lodge." Having given his opinion, Rohan moves toward the lodge to recover some of the energy he'd spent during the fight.

(12 under 14 for Breath Control. This speeds up FP recovery to one per two minutes rather than ten, so he'll be back at full in under fifteen minutes, rather than in an hour.)

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang Wei

He's already switching to looting mode while the rest go about their business of hunting down any stragglers. Common procedure, given that nobody else in the area is actually around to contest him...

I dunno if you want me to roll for it, but I'm making post-battle Scrounging and Search checks on anything in my reach and pocketing anything that is small enough to fit in my pack, and rounding up any weapons that I can sell later.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa starts to hike after Totach. The man seemed intent on finishing the job that the bandits had put themselves in, and Dawa felt curious. If the last couple escaped, Dawa could hunt them down easily, and if they had something to say, he was interested in hearing it.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge
The three surviving bandits fled in different directions, more or less disappearing into the woods except for the wounded man leaving a trail of ruby drops in the snow. Totach caught up to him in moments. The bandit pants and whimpers as Totach runs him down. He dodges behind a tree, around a bush, and then into the hard basket-hilt of Totach's sword.

The bandit flops down to the ground with blood running freely from a broken nose. Dawa catches up to Totach and the two men stand now over a stunned man.

Back at the lodge, the echoing ring of combat subsides and only the stink of death remains. Gang scurries about rolling the bodies of the bandits for any valuables they might carry.


Totach & Dawa, you have yourselves a prisoner. Gang, you roll the bodies and find the following pieces of equipment and treasure. Damaged equipment of course is worth way less, the various weapons are useful but are of course a bulky pile of blades. It's all functional and sturdy, but battered, scuffed, and well-used. We're officially out of combat now, so please go about whatever you'd like to do at the lodge.

$$$ Bandit Treasure:
7xFalchion, 7xShield, 8xdagger/knives assorted styles.

Bandit Sergeant - Scale armor (damaged), Nice boots.
Bandit 0 - Scale armor (holed), $230
Bandit 1 - Scale armor (holed), Large throwing knife, $14
Bandit 3 - Scale armor, Dire wolf pelt hat, $11
Bandit 4 - Scale armor, Small glass bottle w/ viscous fluid.
Bandit 6 - Scale armor (arrow hole), $40
Bandit 7 - Scale armor, Fine wool scarf.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alert Lorimer

Alhert turns and walks towards the lodge, limping slightly. He cares not for the dead men's loot. Arriving at the door of the lodge, he stares at it for a long moment, then tries to push open the door.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa leans over the man, prodding him in the chest with the end of bow. "Hello. I don't think you've quite thought this plan through, have you? Preying on the folk of the land as if no one would respond? Very poor plan indeed." He leans down and checks the archer's belt for any second weapons he might have.

Don't need much, though I would like to restock my arrows if they have any.

EDIT: Not after anything in particular in my search, just making sure he doesn't try to surprise us with a knife or something.

Twobirds fucked around with this message at Feb 15, 2015 around 19:31

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

As Dawa searches through the captured bandit's gear, Totach sheathes his cutlass with a flourished spin and shrugs his backpack off his shoulders; having forgotten to remove it in combat, he had his rope ready at hand. Tying the bandit's arms behind his back is no different than tying a line on a sailing ship, minus the squirming.

"Do you normally make the mistake of trying to murder armed men?" he sarcastically asks of the captive.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

Seeing the fine wool scarf, Ragnar decides it will be his. After taking the scarf and wrapping around his neck, he joined Alert in checking the house out.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."



Rohan

As he concluded his deep breathing, Rohan approached the dead bandits. He collects the purse from one of the bandits, and shook it a few times, to make sure it wasn't more full than he required. Finding it satisfactory, he places it on his belt and goes to find Ragnar again. "It may be prudent for lookouts to be posted, in case the surviving bandits return with reinforcements. I volunteer to be among those keeping watch."

(Taking Bandit 6's cash. By the way, I did the math for us, the cash evenly divides to 52 a head, but I'm voluntarily taking a smaller share, as my character is a monk and only needs money for rations, so the remaining money is about 63 for each of you.)

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Totach & Dawa's Interrogation

Dawa relieves the bandit of the few arrows he's got. Whatever he needed to replace his expended shots, plus one or two more. The man starts to come out of the daze inflicted by Totach's cutlass. He looks fearfully up at the two and tests the ropes. Simple knots, but they'll keep him in place for now.

Nervously he speaks. "Armed men? We had you outnumbered two to one, four bows to one. You are thieving intruders on our claim. Preying on these defenseless folk? Pah! They deserve to lose what they leave undefended. We the strong are meant to take from the weak."

Truan's Lodge

The door to Truan's cabin is secured against the wind, but not against determined intruders. Taking a moment to deal with the latch, Alhert pushes open the door to the cabin revealing a cold and empty room with an ash-filled hearth. Light filters in through thick panes of glass. Charred logs from a dead fire sit on a metal grate. Knick-knacks and trophies decorate the walls, Ragnar recognizes a few from his campaigns with Truan. A large wooden table dominates the center of the room with thick-beamed chairs circled around it. Doors heading to other parts of the house are closed. On the table is a pile of books and a large map pinned down with cups and a stone.

One of the books is open, and to anyone who can read Aquilonian can easily check the cover and see it's title and the page it's open to. "Erdric Ravagan's Treatise on the Snake Cult in the Northlands" - It is open to a page covering information on how the Snake Cults organize their rites based on the lunar calendar. Another page is prominently bookmarked.
Laid out on the table as well is a map of the region, marked with a knife on a hill some twenty miles from here.


OOC: Totach & Dawa, please roll a diplomacy/intimidation/interrogation-appropriate skill or let me know which one you'd like to use.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Totach laughs. "Thieving intruders? Oh, the irony!" He bends down closer to the bandit and smiles straight into his eyes. "Looks like the strong weren't as strong as they thought."

He considers exactly what they need to know about what's going on. Judging from how they greeted their opponents and what he said about the lodge being undefended, it doesn't seem like they were the ones preying on the citizens....well, not in that way. Bandits though they may be, it seemed that they had simply come across the empty lodge and decided to loot it. They probably weren't the ones responsible for the gruesome killings, but they were taking advantage of it.

"The only thing we want out of this is information," Totach says to the bandit. "I have no desire to kill you, and I'm sure you have no desire to be killed. Answer these questions....well, I can say that I'll let you go. You'll have to ask the archer here for his personal opinion on that matter."

Where to begin?

"First off, this lodge. Why is it empty?"

Intimidation 9: 15

OOC: gently caress.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gang

He takes all the daggers and the fine wool scarf. Smelly, but warm, before heading into the Lodge with Alhert. "Alert Alhert. I see this place - empty. Map suggests where go next. You read book?" He gestures at the Aquilonian scrip. "Money what needs finding," the rogue says. So saying, he starts rooting through the house for money, clues, whatever is available to be found. Maybe start a fire - it's cold.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

First thing he did upon entering the house was check the fire. It told him that Truan had been gone for a while. He then looked around the room for signs of a struggle. Seeing Gang come in, he tells the man,

"Take nothing of Truan's unless it aids us in finding him. He was a friend and I would not let his house be looted like those bandits outside."

Ragnar walks over to the map.

"It does seem like the map shows us where to go next."

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



OOC: Gang, Ragnar got first dibs in on the scarf. If you want it instead of the hat though, there can be two scarves.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert peers at the books, tracing the words with his finger and mumbling to himself as he reads.

"It's about a Snake Cult, that must be the thrice-cursed Set!"

He turns and spits on the floor, and the looks back at the book.

"It says they hold there ceremonies on the night of the new moon. To them a full moon is a bad omen, it is a sign of Mitra watching for evildoers." He then opens the book to the marked page.

OOCI hope it's okay if I make up some fluff.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Truan's Lodge
Turning to the marked page, more is written about the snake-cult: The pages detail dark rites to transform a slave into an avatar of Set, wholly subservient to the high-priest's will. Performed only during a new moon, and requiring the sacrifices of no less than three victims to slake the thirst of the Avatar. A series of minor celebrations are noted to be performed weeks prior to the ceremony, including barbaric rites and incantations as well as sacrifices and ritual consumption of human flesh. Most prized of course are the heart and other vital organs, said to hold the soul and provide the greatest of spiritual sustenance.

It occurs to Alhert that the moon was waning on their journey here. The new moon is but days away.

OOC: Fluff is fine by me, it was really helpful!
More to come, but I gotta run at this specific moment.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

"How many did I wing, at least?" Dawa says casually at Totach. "Four? Five?" He shrugs, and looks at the bandit again. "I could use some target practice," he adds, as if talking to an apple balanced on someone's head.

He shakes his head as if clearing it. "Anyway, if that is your view, what should we do with you? You're about as rich as a mouse digging tunnels in the snow looking for seed. Should we strip you naked and make a few pennies from your clothes?" He makes a face.

OOC: Haw, I don't think I'm even going to try rolling defaults unless I'm earning some bonuses here.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003



Totach & Dawa's Prisoner

"The lodge is empty because it belongs to a fool adventurer who gets into trouble over his head! It's ours by right of salvage. It's abandoned... or will be soon." spits the bandit. "You don't scare me. I'm still breathing, so you're no brigand. Who are you? A friend of the fool who lived here? Come to claim an inheritance? Did he gently caress you into your bitch of a mother?"

He turns his head towards Dawa. "Three, your friend was better with a throw than your poo poo bow. Could you buy enough mead to forget the stain of murder? You civilized folk are all alike. Big on talk, small on kill."

Clearly the words of a man who lives, and intends to die, by the sword.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.


Alhert Lorimer

Alhert's face goes pale as he reads on, and he faces Ragnar and Gang.

"They're going to create some foul monster... an avatar of the serpent himself! On the night of the new moon, they're going to perform a sacrifice.

He looks down at the map.

"This must be where the cultist will perform the ceremony. We should journey there and scout the area, but wait to strike until the night of the full moon. That way we can be sure to kill all the worshippers of the evil serpent."

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014



Totach Redmane

Something in Totach's expression hardens. He pauses a beat to let the bandit's words soak in a little more. Then he rapidly draws his cutlass, drops to a knee, and stabs the blade deep into the snow next to the man's head.

Leaning in close, he breathes in the bandit's face. "I have no time for this. We know about the murders going on here, the gruesome ones. The thefts, the abductions. We know about all of it. I want you to tell me everything you know about what's been going on, and I want it now. If you don't, you're going to be tied to a tree and left to the wolves."

He speaks calmly, but with malice. It's the tone of someone who treats leaving a man to die of exposure or the slow munching of dogs as a trifling punishment for the insult.

Intimidation 9 + whatever the stabbing and threat helped with: 7

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Ragnar

"Foul misbegotten curs. Old Truan hated the snake cult and fought with them before. No doubt when he uncovered this nest of vipers, he went on his own to vanquish them. Unless they got him first." He scratched his beard. "Either way we shall finish what Truan had started and destroy this cult."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Dinosaur Gum

Dawa

Dawa stares at the bandit, resisting the urge to kick him in the throat. He lets Totach finish, and says, "Two or three? Maybe I do need more target practice."

  • Locked thread
«13 »