Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Alhert Lorimer

Alhert nods greetings to the men he knows, and glances at gang wei with a slightly puzzled expression. You meet all manner of men here on the borderlands. A man of middling height, the Gunderman has the look of an experienced warrior in his eyes. The flickering light from the candles glints on the chainmail under his loose surcoat, which though stained and muddy still bears traces of the colors of Aquilonia. As the newcomer bustles into the inn, Alhert returns his gtare for a moment, accepting a tankard from the barkeep and rasing it to him. <Cimmerian>"Hail, stranger. What brings you to this cold land?"

pre:
Alhert Lorimer, Gunderman Knight [300]

Attributes: [191]
ST 15 [50] HP 20 [10]
DX 14 [80] Will 12 [5]
IQ 11 [20] Per 12 [5]
HT 13 [30] FP 13

Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1
Basic Speed: 6.00 [-15]
Basic Move: 6
Basic Lift: 45 lbs

Dodge: 9
Parry: 13 with Polearm, 
Languages:
Aquilonian, Native/Semi-literate [0]
Cimmerian, Accented [4]
Pictish, Broken [2]

Advantages: [87]
Born War Leader 2 [10]
Combat Reflexes [15]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Enhanced Parry (Polearm) [5]
Fearlessness 2 [4]
Hard to Kill 2 [4]
Hard to Subdue 2 [4]
Signature Gear (Armor) ($2910) [6]
Weapon Master (Dueling Halberd) [20]

Disadvantages: [-40]
Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]
Compulsive Carousing (12 or less) [-5]
Impulsiveness (15 or less) [-5]
Intolerance (Picts) [-5]
Overconfidence (12 or less) [-5]
Sense of Duty (Adventuring Companions) [-5]
Devout Mitran [-1]
Afraid of Owls [-1]
Chauvinistic [-1]
Red-Green Colorblind [-1]
Lechery [-1]

Skills: [62]
Primary Skills
Brawling (E) DX+1 15 [2]
Bow (A) DX 14 [2] 
Broadsword (A) DX 14 [2] 
Fast Draw (Knife) (E) DX+1 15 *[1]
Knife (E) DX+2 16 [4]
Polearm (A) DX+6 20 [24]
Wrestling (A) DX 14 [2]

Secondary Skills
Armoury (Body Armor) (A) IQ-1 10 [1]
Leadership (A) IQ+2 13** [2]
Tactics (H) IQ+1 12** [2]

Background Skills
Animal Handling (Equine) (A) IQ-1 10 [1] 
Carousing (E) HT 13 [1]
Climbing (A) DX-1 13 [1]
Fast-Talk (A) IQ 11 [2]
First Aid (E) IQ+1 12 [2]
Gesture (E) IQ 11 [1]
Hiking (A) HT-1 12 [1]
Intimidation (A) Will 12 [1]
Observation (A) Per-1 11 [1]
Riding (A) DX-1 13 [1]
Scrounging (E) Per 12 [1]
Shield (E) DX 14 [1]
Staff (A) DX 14 [2]
Stealth (A) DX 14 [2] 
Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per-1 11 [1] 
Swimming (E) HT [1]

*Includes +1 for Combat Reflexes
**Includes +2 for Born War Leader

Equipment:
Weapons: $260, 11.75 lbs
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t) $120, 10 lbs
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7) $120, 1.5 lbs
Dagger (1d Imp, Reach C, Parry -1, ST 5) $20, .25 lbs

Armor: $2910, 56.3 lbs
Coif with Visor and padding (Mail and Plates, DR 6 on locations 3,4, 5 (5/6 chance), and 17-18), $390, 9.3 lbs
Hauberk (Mail and Plates, DR 5 on Torso, Fine Mail, DR 4* on Arms), $1450, 27.5 lbs
Chausses (Fine Mail, DR 4* on Legs), $900, 15 lbs
Gauntlets (Fine Mail, DR4* on Hands), $90, 1.5 lbs
Leather Boots (DR 2* on Feet), $80, 3 lbs

Gear: 
Small backpack, $60, 27.75 lbs
Blanket, $20, 4 lbs 
Wineskin (Full of Water), $10, 8.25 lbs 
Bandages, $10, 1 lb
Rations, 9 meals, $18, 4.5 lbs
Ordinary Clothes, $120, 2 lbs
Winter Clothes, $180, 5 lbs
Belt pouch, $10, 1 lbs
Personal Basics, $5, 1 lb
$307

Total weight carried: 97 lbs (Medium Load) Combat Load (Without Backpack): 69.5 lbs (Light Load)

Beardless fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Alhert Lorimer

Alhert gets up and glances over Gang Wei's shoulder, peering at the envelope. He was no scholar, but he could read and write, if slowly.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

"Ragnar, remember old Truan Halfhand? He's settled down in some little village, name of Icewater. There's something killing off the people there, sounds like kind of Pictish mischief if you ask me." he turns and spits on the ground at this remark. "Men with their hearts cut out, mutilated bodies, things of that nature. Just like in the Westermarck, remember? He says that there'll be money in it if we can go and sort it out. Apparently this fellow knows the way" He continues, indicating the young messenger.

Beardless fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 11, 2015

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

"Let's leave in the morning. We'll rest here for the night, we'll be able to get supplies and make good time in the morning."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert gazes around him, reveling in the feel of the quiet woods. In his youth he had traveled several times to Cimmeria, working as a guard for traders, and it was a pleasure to be back in the north again. As they neared Icewater, Alhert nodded at Ragnar's comments. "I agree. No reason not to push on and have a comfprtable bed. Well, a comfortable spot on the floor by the hearth perhaps."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alherts steps into the inn, and greets the innkeeper. <Cimmerian> Hail, friend. I'll take a spot by the hearht, and dinner as well. I'd also be grateful for a cup of mead. He fishes out 9 pennies and hands them over.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alherts stands, and addresses the crowd. <Cimmerian>"Ragnar and I are old friends of Truan's. We received a message from him, asking for help. We have come, along with our companions, to put an end to the troubles that plague this place. Can anyone here give details about the killings? Is there a particular area that the bodies have been found?"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Akherts narrows his eyes at the innkeepers mention of the cuts made in the victims faces. <Cimmerian>Aye, it does seem like some kind of sorcery. You say that the... carvings in the face resembled serpents? Mitra save us, have the coils of the vile Set come this far north?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert casts his gaze around, looking for any signs of a struggle. If someone had set upon Truan, there surely would be some sign.

Per 12, looking for signs of a fight or other deviltry. Broken windows and doors, that kind of thing.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert freezes, straining his ears. Then Ragnar announces his plan, and he grins. He shifts his shoulders, feeling the mail, and grips his halberd, waiting for the moment when steel would meet flesh.

Perception 12 again.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert whirls around, drops his pack and swings his cloak off, and begins to move towards the trees, shouting as he goes. "They are in the trees, to the southwest! At them!"

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 
Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advatages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 
Wrestling 14, Leadership 13, Tactics 12, Shied 14, Staff 14

DR: 6 on Head, 5 on Torso, 4* on Arms, Legs, and Hands, 2* on Feet 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)
Large Knife (2d Cut or 1d+1 Imp, Reach C,1; Parry 0, ST 7)

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert starts to retort, but pauses. The man may have a point. He faces the treeline where he had heard the voices, and calls out. <Cimmerian>"Who goes there?" Are you a friend of Truan Half-Hand?

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 20/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 
Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 ( Eff. 5) Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9 (Eff. 8), Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Advatages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Combat Skills: Brawling 15, Bow 14, Broadsword 14, Fast Draw (Knife) 15, Knife 16, Polearm 20, 

Weapons: 
Dueling Halberd (4d+2 Cut or 4d+1 Imp, Reach 1-2*, Parry 0U, ST 12t; or 2d+2 Imp, Reach 1,2*, Parry 0, ST 11t)

Beardless fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 27, 2015

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Ahert charges in next to Ragnar, moving to his left. He grinned as he saw the first stirrings of fear on the bandit's faces.

OOC Moving 5 hexes to the southwest, putting Alhert two hexes due east of Ragnar.

pre:

Advantages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert continues to move towards the bandits, and then raises his halberd, ready to strike...

OOC Gonna continue to move SW, 5 hexes at a time, and then when he's close enough he'll go for bandit #2 or #3, depending on who's closer.
Halberding some bandits (Polearm 20): 3d6 8
Damage: 4d6+2 17

pre:

Advantages: Combat Reflexes, High Pain Threshold, Fearlessness 2, Hard to Kill 2, Hard to Subdue 2

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert yells as the foe's blade sinks into his leg, but the man falls a moment later, and Alhert is free to concentrate oh the other foe. Moving more cautiously, Alhert steps back and then jabs at the other bandit, just as Totach makes his own swing.

OOC: Taking a step to the NorthEast, and making a Defensive Attack against Bandit 4, thrusting at the face. Effective skill is 15, Damage will be 2d, and he'll geta +1 to his Parry if he needs it, bumping it up to 14.
stabbing bandit 4 in the face, eff. Skill 15: 3d6 12
Potential face-damage to Bandit 4: 2d6 6

pre:

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alert Lorimer

Alert begins to move towards the archers, limping slightly, ready to block and arrow if need be.

Moving 5 Southish. I'm phone posting so no Stat block, but it's the same as earlier ones but with HP 15/20.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alert Lorimer

Alhert turns and walks towards the lodge, limping slightly. He cares not for the dead men's loot. Arriving at the door of the lodge, he stares at it for a long moment, then tries to push open the door.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert peers at the books, tracing the words with his finger and mumbling to himself as he reads.

"It's about a Snake Cult, that must be the thrice-cursed Set!"

He turns and spits on the floor, and the looks back at the book.

"It says they hold there ceremonies on the night of the new moon. To them a full moon is a bad omen, it is a sign of Mitra watching for evildoers." He then opens the book to the marked page.

OOCI hope it's okay if I make up some fluff.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert's face goes pale as he reads on, and he faces Ragnar and Gang.

"They're going to create some foul monster... an avatar of the serpent himself! On the night of the new moon, they're going to perform a sacrifice.

He looks down at the map.

"This must be where the cultist will perform the ceremony. We should journey there and scout the area, but wait to strike until the night of the full moon. That way we can be sure to kill all the worshippers of the evil serpent."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer
Alhert looks at the map, trying to figure out the best route.

"I say we try to avoid the high hills. Above the treeline like that, we'd be visible for miles. I don't want these Settites to see us coming.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert limps over to a chair, takes off his chausses, and begins to bandage his wound. He glances over at the captive as a thought strikes him.

"How many other thugs have the Settites hired? And where do they patrol?"

OOC: Gonna use First Aid 12 to bandage my leg and whatnot. I'm stuck phone posting for the time being so El Spamo could you roll for me?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

"I say we take the crow's path. We can hide in the shadow of the trees as best we can, and I can walk, but I'd rather not go up and down any mountains that I can avoid."

He finishes bandaging his wound, and then examines the ragged hole torn in his mail leggings, trying to figure out a way to repair them. Try as he might, short of a pair of pliers and some new rings, it looks like the gap will remain.

OOC Armory (Body Armor) 10.
Armoury (Body Armor), fixing the chausses: 3d6 15

Well that didn't work. I'm ready to move on to the march. Also HP is currently 16/20.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

El Spamo posted:

OOC: Sounds like the crow-flies path is the route of choice! I'll get a post worked up soon. Beardless/Alhert, and maybe Doc can help me out here, did I miscount on armor somewhere? I only registered two hits on Alhert, one of which was stopped by armor and another where only 2 damage penetrated. Ah, I think I forgot to count the cutting multiplier but that only takes it to 3 so I think you're at 17/20? Well, it's not too big a deal since it'll only take a couple of days to heal it up. If you want to keep track of your armor's repair, I found an article here: http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=2406.

I will use hiking skills where appropriate to speed travel. Right now it sounds like the obviously stealthy members will range in front to scout. If you have comment on what I've taken to be your plans please let me know.

Huh, I could have sworn I took 5 damage, I must have read it wrong. So if I took 3 (With the cutting mod) originally, I should be at 18/20 with the First Aid then. Thanks for pointing that out.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert takes off his mail armor, and then begins setting up camp. He lays out his blanket, and then begins to make a fire. After a few minutes gathering wood and kindling, and a few more fumbling with flint and steel, he gets a merry blaze going. He steps back, warming his hands, and then looks around at the others. "We'll need some firewood, just enough to get through the night, in this weather we'll want to keep it burning. And someone should go see if there's a creek nearby, to fill our waterskins. And I have some dried meat and hardtack, do the rest of you have rations or will we have to send someone out looking for a deer or some rabbits?"

Survival 11, lighting a fire: 3d6 11

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer
Alherts snaps awake at Ragnar's cry. They had spent too much time in the field together, been ambushed too many times in the dead of night, for this to be anything but a real attack. He snatches up his halberd and springs to his feet, looking around for their foes.

Call it 3 Ready manuevers, 1 to grab the halberd and 2 to get standing, correct?
Per 12 to see the wolves: 3d6 9

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 18/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9, Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert eyes the wolves, ready to make a quick jab at whichever beast came within reach.

[i]Making a Defensive Attack with the halberd, opting to swing for 4d-2 effective damage and retaining the option to parry if need be.
Defensive attack, Polearm 20: 3d6 8
Damage: 4d6-2 13

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 18/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Basic Speed: 6.00,  Basic Move: 6 Basic Lift: 45 lbs, Dodge 9, Parry 13 w/ Polearm

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert brushes off the wolves, and stands his ground, ready for the beasts to rush in again.

Still in Defensive attack mode, gonna shank whichever wolf comes close, for 4d-3 Imp.
pre:

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Seeing his comrade get knocked down, and then struggling to stand amid the pack of wolves, Alhert strides towards him, and swings his halberd into the mass of fur and fang.

Move and Attack, Eff, Skill 9, on whatever wolf is handiest around Ragnar.
Move and Attack: 3d6 12

pre:

Weapons: 
Sorry to be taking so long between posts, I've been putting in a lot of hours at work and I'm pretty beat when I come home.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alherts stands by Ragnar, plants his feet, and swings his halberd into the mass of grey fur.

Standard attack, skill 20, Swinging the axe-y bit at some wolves.
Attack: 3d6 10
Damage: 4d6+2 20

pre:

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert peered at Ragnar's arm, frowning at the jagged bite wound. He pulled some clean cloth from his pack and bandages it as best he can. "I wish I had some honey to pack on this. If worst comes to worst we'll find some maggots and clean it out."

Yay first aid!

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

"It seems we are in agreement. given that we will likely be outnumbered by the Settites, it makes good sense to strike when they are at their weakest. Alhert begins to gather his things, rolling up his bedroll and strapping it to his pack. "He looks up at Rohan, and shakes his head. "Wolves won't attack men on the move. They fell upon in the night, hoping to catch us unawares. Those that survived will be cowed, and unlikely to try us again."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

The Gunderman steps back down, until most of his body is hidden behind the ridge, and shades his eyes as he studies the sentires in the valley below. He then turns his gaze to the valley itself, looking for a route that would allow them to take the Settite sentries by surprise. "It would be best to make our way into the valley quietly. As few as we are, we cannot afford to go marching in and announcing our presence openly."

Per 12, Observation 11, and Tactics 12 to find a route into the valley that would let us avoid being spotted.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert lets the others pass, and then takes up the rear guard. He wouldn't be surprised if the snake - worshipers had some men lurking in the woods,as well as the visible guards.

Stealth 14, and Observation 11. Sorry for the delay, I've been slammed at work.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Hearing the sentry's shouts, Alhert spring forward, all pretenses of stealth abandoned. He follows Totach around the large boulder, and steps up on his right, swinging his halberd at the cultist.

Going to make two Moves, heading southwest and ending up next to totach as he moves in, then an Attack on Cultist 3 if he's still up by then. If not I'll continue south to engage Cultist 2.

Attack Roll, Polearm 20: 3d6 7

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 18/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 11/13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Weapons: 

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert pockets the key, and peers worriedly at the scepter in Totach's hand. "I wouldn't handle that thing too much, if I were you. Who knows what foul magic those cursed Setteits have infused it with?" he shudder, than walks to the door, glancing behind him as he reaches it. One of you bring up a torch, and be on your guard."

Per 12 to check out the door. Is it locked, and if so does the iron key we found fit it?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert looks over the small band, and then replies to Ragnar. "I don't think they know we're here, so I doubt they'll have set traps on their own doors. so I think that you or I should take the lead."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert nods, and half pulls, half-drags Rohan towards the door. "Looks like you're the scout then. See if you can get this thing open, and if you have trouble, then we'll have Ragnar take a crack at it."

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

Alhert moves out of Dawa's way, and readies his halberd, his skin crawling at the sight of the horrible reptiles.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Alhert Lorimer

As the massive snake begins to wend around Ragnar's feet, Alhert's halberd sings through the air towards the foul serpent.

Making a basic attack, swinging the axey-bit at snake #3.
Attack, Polearm 20: 3d6 10
Damage: 4d6+2 11

pre:
ST 15,  DX 14, IQ 11, HT 13, HP 18/20,  Will 12, Per 12, FP 11/13, Damage: Thrust 1d+1, Swing 2d+1, 

Weapons: 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

OOC I'm gonna wait until after the snakes act again if that's okay.

• Locked thread