Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Izumii while a poo poo head is pretty badass too. Kida appeared to have broken his hand on Izumii's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Izumii while a poo poo head is pretty badass too. Kida appeared to have broken his hand on Izumii's head.
Well Kida punched him right on the forehead. That thing's so hard you use it to hit other people, of course he broke his hand.

I think my favorite character is becoming Erika, which is weird because she didn't stand out to me in Season 1.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Twiddy posted:

Well Kida punched him right on the forehead. That thing's so hard you use it to hit other people, of course he broke his hand.

I think my favorite character is becoming Erika, which is weird because she didn't stand out to me in Season 1.

They've spent a lot more time emphasizing the sort of makeshift family unit the van crew's got going on, their loyalty to each other and how they cover for each other's oddities.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Wait the guy in the disguise was the creepy teacher? I wasn't expecting him to come back at all.
Also am I understanding right that he now has Saika powers and potentially anyone who has ever been slashed can have the same if they somehow have the willpower to break free?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Wait the guy in the disguise was the creepy teacher? I wasn't expecting him to come back at all.
Also am I understanding right that he now has Saika powers and potentially anyone who has ever been slashed can have the same if they somehow have the willpower to break free?

Yeah seems that way and it looks like he might have a Saika blade too. But from Haruna at least it seems less like straight willpower and more like having a love that overpowers Saika's own. Sort of like how Anri is able to suppress Saika since she can't feel love.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 31, 2016

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
At the rate we're going everyone's going to be in a big happy Saika family by the end :buddy:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
The black bike! Ding ding!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Was that new music during the Celty and Kujiragi chase scene? I quite liked it.

Also, Chikage is cool, Shooter is a good horse, and i'm interested in where they're going with Varona. This was a really good episode. It's pretty funny though that upon getting involved Shizuo immediately blames Izaya, even though outside of harassing Anri he hasn't really done anything yet. And in fact has gotten beaten up and had most of his evil hotpot party team individually betray him because no one really likes him all that much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Was that new music during the Celty and Kujiragi chase scene? I quite liked it.

Also, Chikage is cool, Shooter is a good horse, and i'm interested in where they're going with Varona. This was a really good episode. It's pretty funny though that upon getting involved Shizuo immediately blames Izaya, even though outside of harassing Anri he hasn't really done anything yet. And in fact has gotten beaten up and had most of his evil hotpot party team individually betray him because no one really likes him all that much.

Yeah the only thing he has done so far this arc is go to the hospital because he might have a concussion or something.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Raposa posted:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah the only thing he has done so far this arc is go to the hospital because he might have a concussion or something.
Well it was probably Izaya that got Shizuo locked up since he had control of the amphisbaena woman.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For some reason I missed that Yen Press was doing the light novels and are already up to volume 3. As much as I like the show I definitely get the feeling they're skipping some content so it'd be pretty sweet to tackle the books to see what's been missing. Only 13 volumes too (apparently Baccano! is at 21, sheesh).

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I suppose there's an inverse relationship between the number of board game metaphors Izaya makes and the amount of influence he actually has :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ah, an episode about Masaomi and Anri talking with people who are helping them work through their dumb teenager issues and getting them to stop running away from the root of their problems, while Mikado talks with crazy people and does basically the opposite of all that. He's a scary kid.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I like that Mikado is getting a bunch of dudes to beat the poo poo out of people IRL just to kick them out of his glorified internet forums.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That boy ain't right.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Raposa posted:

I was dying laughing at that. Shizuo needs to get with the program and get a license already!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

paragon1 posted:

I like that Mikado is getting a bunch of dudes to beat the poo poo out of people IRL just to kick them out of his glorified internet forums.

Being a mod is tough.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I have to appreciate Namie trying to call Mikado out on his hypocrisy, but it's a little too late to fix him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Welp. Here we loving go. I wonder if Izaya understands exactly what he's getting himself into.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Shizuo just ridding around on a horse/bike was the best part of the episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Shooter is a very good horse.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love this show.

also

Raposa posted:

again

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
After all the build up, I hope this Shizuo and Izaya fight actually has some sort of conclusion this time instead of Shizuo just throwing stuff and missing until Izaya runs away.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't worry. If they stick to the novels for this, you're in for a wild loving ride.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this is all just a setup.\

Besides,

Raposa posted:

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Next week can't come fast enough. I can't wait for all this setup to come crashing down.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In an episode with Celty getting her head back and regaining all her supernatural power, the beginning of Izaya and Shizuo's final deathmatch and an impending zombie apocalypse, the scariest or at least most unnerving thing that happened was Mikado getting a gun. That was the last thing this kid needed.

Also, Russian Sushi with the military ordinance. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In an episode with Celty getting her head back and regaining all her supernatural power, the beginning of Izaya and Shizuo's final deathmatch and an impending zombie apocalypse, the scariest or at least most unnerving thing that happened was Mikado getting a gun. That was the last thing this kid needed.

Also, Russian Sushi with the military ordinance. :allears:

Well, duh! Out of the 4 characters you named, only 3 of them seem to have a faint idea of what they need to do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man a lot of poo poo is happening.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Aww, the black bike. No more ding ding.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

eep.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Izaya is looking screwed.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is that the first time Shizuo has thrown something at someone and actually hit them?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know how Izaya thought this could end in any other way but he's made his bed and now he's going to have to die in it.

Also, one thing I really appreciate about durarara (and honestly most of Narita's works) is that organised crime is considered equally scary if not moreso than actual supernatural phenomena and monsters. Like, Chikage is witnessing a zombie apocalypse and he equates to that time his gang had it out with the Yakuza. It's just a neat thing I like.

Oh, and I hope they didn't really cut off the best bit of Shinra and Manami's conversation. Shinra explaining that what would cause Izaya the most pain is probably just normal stuff like being set on fire or getting all his bones broken, right in the middle of him having a deathmatch with the strongest man in Ikebukuro. It really helps sell this final confrontation of theirs.

Edit:

OnimaruXLR posted:

Is that the first time Shizuo has thrown something at someone and actually hit them?

I don't think he threw it. He just swung it like a baseball bat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the second episode in the first season he nailed Izaya with a garbage bin.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Episode delayed this week or something?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
It's just out of order on the Crunchyroll queue.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Redmark posted:

It's just out of order on the Crunchyroll queue.

haha, yeah it's right after 24 for some reason.

Here's the direct link if that helps.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/durarara/episode-34-telepathy-691841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Everything is coming to a head.

• Locked thread