Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

we have to get so-cal val over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The So-Cal Val Era

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

more selfies pls

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

The So-Cal Val Era

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
This is my first Evolve show and it is pretty weird so far. I feel like they are spending a lot of time on this so cal val/su young angle but neither of these women appear to be very over with the crowd.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why were they actually like advertising the "live event hostesses" as though they did anything

tim thatcher is cool to me and kicks rear end this will be good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lets go Tim

Young Pageviews posted:

This is my first Evolve show and it is pretty weird so far. I feel like they are spending a lot of time on this so cal val/su young angle but neither of these women appear to be very over with the crowd.
i've ordered most of their shows and yeah i have no idea what the point of any of that was

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

kick his rear end, Roddy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you can trust big daddy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that one lady right by a mic who HATES roderick strong is killing me

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

That was pretty good. This was my first Timothy Thatcher experience. I appreciate that he has kept at least some of his chest hair.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

his match against ricochet last night was better but i still liked that a lot

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what happened to Fox I was getting a drink

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

Blood

Didn't catch how it happened but it doesn't look good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

there was an exchange on the apron ending with trevor's running kick to a guy on the floor and then fox took forever to get back in the ring and suddenly there was a pool of blood below him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

awesome

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Drew's music just makes me love him more

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that was also good

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

This was a really fun show. I would mess with Evolve again.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So did Ricochet win this silly promotion's belt or what.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

So did Ricochet win this silly promotion's belt or what.

he did not but i was okay with it because it led to a belt posedown between Gargano and Galloway teasing a title unification and as they stood chest to chest it was clear that Drew is about 3 feet taller than Johnny. Great match though, Ricochet dunked on a basketball goal

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Was at the show. The annoying ladies (who were banned from NXT tapings for stalking) were originally set to be seated next to me, but they complained that their seats weren't aligned with the others so Gabe moved them away from every single other person in attendance to be uh...right by the commentators. The crowd hated them because they...well, you know.

Unlike the NXT tapings, it was not a very "Internet smark" heavy crowd, even among those of us near ringside. I was next to one guy who disapproved of my liking Ricochet over Drew Galloway. Something about how "he's usually not the GOOD Ricochet." When I said I liked Ricochet vs ACH from PWG he noted "that match wasn't good, it had too much SCHTICK!" I guess he was serious enough to actually be at Wrestle Kingdom 9, but let us never become the type of wrestling fan that would declare SPECIAL BEAM CANNON as "schtick."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

he did not but i was okay with it because it led to a belt posedown between Gargano and Galloway teasing a title unification and as they stood chest to chest it was clear that Drew is about 3 feet taller than Johnny. Great match though, Ricochet dunked on a basketball goal

Watching Drew toss Johnny around could be fun. How has Drew looked on the indies?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Watching Drew toss Johnny around could be fun. How has Drew looked on the indies?

Tall. No seriously he's very impressive. Wrestling with a real verve and something to prove. Doesn't really have the WWE style embedded into him like a lot ex-WWE guys do.

Free match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9nAnhWYYgY

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

drew's pretty good on the indies

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Daryl Surat posted:

Was at the show. The annoying ladies (who were banned from NXT tapings for stalking) were originally set to be seated next to me, but they complained that their seats weren't aligned with the others so Gabe moved them away from every single other person in attendance to be uh...right by the commentators. The crowd hated them because they...well, you know.

Unlike the NXT tapings, it was not a very "Internet smark" heavy crowd, even among those of us near ringside. I was next to one guy who disapproved of my liking Ricochet over Drew Galloway. Something about how "he's usually not the GOOD Ricochet." When I said I liked Ricochet vs ACH from PWG he noted "that match wasn't good, it had too much SCHTICK!" I guess he was serious enough to actually be at Wrestle Kingdom 9, but let us never become the type of wrestling fan that would declare SPECIAL BEAM CANNON as "schtick."

I was there too. The crowd making fun of those ladies was great. I loved how half assed the crowd's chants were.

"Strong ' s not Strong" cracked me up, as well as a child behind me saying to the Bravados, "Did your Grandma knit your sweater?"

The end stare down between Gargano and Drew was hilarious. Not only is Drew much taller than Gargano, but when they were arguing which title was better, all Drew had to say was "Evolve" where as Johnny had to say the hilariously clunky, "Open the Freedom Gate Championship."

Anyway it wasn't the best show I've ever been to but had a lot of good moments and felt well paced. I'm glad it was less than two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I was there too. The crowd making fun of those ladies was great. I loved how half assed the crowd's chants were.

"Strong ' s not Strong" cracked me up, as well as a child behind me saying to the Bravados, "Did your Grandma knit your sweater?"

The end stare down between Gargano and Drew was hilarious. Not only is Drew much taller than Gargano, but when they were arguing which title was better, all Drew had to say was "Evolve" where as Johnny had to say the hilariously clunky, "Open the Freedom Gate Championship."

Anyway it wasn't the best show I've ever been to but had a lot of good moments and felt well paced. I'm glad it was less than two hours.

That whole stare-down was audible on the mics which was really goofy.

• Locked thread