Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid is nintendo's best franchise. Here's my list:

Super > Prime > Zero Mission > Fusion > Metroid > Prime 3 > Prime 2 > Metroid II >>>>>> Other M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Super > Prime > Zero Mission > Fusion > Metroid > Prime 3 > Prime 2 > Metroid II >>>>>> Other M

Agreed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Other M is my favorite Metroid game now.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

lmao

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

good

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

human being.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

poo poo, that was fast.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i would probably put prime 3 above fusion and definitely above metroid 1

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

but hell i like all of them really

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Swim in a sea of dicks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Metroid Fusion was more than all of that to me. It was one of the games that shaped my childhood. I remember I bought it without doing a lick of research (as with most of my other videogame purchases at the time) and lucked out. I started playing and was surprised at how fun it was. It submerged me into the Metroid world and it made me a diehard fan of the series. I started drawing new enemies that I could have put in the next Metroid game (I now realize how impractical that was). It was one of the games that made me love my Game Boy Advance with a passion. And it is one the games that still makes me love my Game Boy Advance.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Prime > Zero Mission > Super > Fusion > Prime 2 > Prime 3 > Metroid > Metroid 2 >>>>>>>>> other M, IMO

i dont know, ZM clicked with me the most out of any 2D metroid.

prime 3 was really pretty and had cool fights and was probably my favorite wii game, but metroid prime 2 nailed the feeling of isolation and running around creepy places and poo poo which is more important to me than the stupid space marine thing prime 3 went with

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man I love the last area of Prime 2 so much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

Fusion plays so drat well its a shame that it bothered trying to have a story. Prime 3 is great, but i haven't played it in a while so maybe it should be reconsidered. Regardless, Other M was the peak of the franchise, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't even attempt to top it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

Man I love the last area of Prime 2 so much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Prime > Zero Mission > Super > Fusion > Prime 2 > Prime 3 > Metroid > Metroid 2 >>>>>>>>> other M, IMO

i dont know, ZM clicked with me the most out of any 2D metroid.

prime 3 was really pretty and had cool fights and was probably my favorite wii game, but metroid prime 2 nailed the feeling of isolation and running around creepy places and poo poo which is more important to me than the stupid space marine thing prime 3 went with

Prime 3 was originally intended to lean heavily on the "bounter hunter" aspect where you could take jobs and fly to planets, which would lock you out of other options, but sadly they had to can it and we got some half assed version instead, but I like Prime 3 a lot because of the controls.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ALL of the music in prime 2 is amazing though, even for the lame areas.

http://youtu.be/XX2KcYcSR64

http://youtu.be/9t-aQr7xbp8

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Fusion plays so drat well its a shame that it bothered trying to have a story. Prime 3 is great, but i haven't played it in a while so maybe it should be reconsidered. Regardless, Other M was the peak of the franchise, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't even attempt to top it.

prime 3 and fusion both are tripped up a little by trying to inject some story. i just think prime 3 has some really cool areas like sky town

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All the music in every metroid owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

All the music in every metroid owns

you're cool with me mister

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbUv1hz6mE

whats the smilie making the bowing motion

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
prime 1 with wii controls is basically the perfect game

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

i'm more partial to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPOIX7g2kQE

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

metroid prime 1 is a constant reminder that games can be art and also good and fun

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
one of these days AM2R is going to release in full and i am going to be there to play it a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im most partial to this version of phendrana drifts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZ7pNmnluU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Brinstar gently caress yeah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

prime 1 with wii controls is basically the perfect game

couldnt you buy the whole prime trilogy for the wii

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Brinstar gently caress yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZWNqox8xM

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah. It was pretty awesome.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
some of the prime 2 bosses were really good too, chykka was garbage though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

its rare now i think.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No, I can't find it anywhere.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
besides phendrana, i think my favorite metroid track is the torvus bog remix of lower brinstar

prime 2 had some great bits. lower torvus and sanctuary were both great. the second half of the game is way better than the first half.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I remember torvus being a bit of a bog slog with underwater dinosaurs that were really mean.

Famous TV Dad posted:

prime 3 was too narrative driven for me as a metroid game and i didn't like the super blaster mechanic because you waste it half the time and i could never understand exactly what was happening.

It kinda felt likea nintendo version of halo more than anything else.

Still fun and very pretty though.I loved falling through the planet core with ridley in the intro. better than metroid but not as fun as fusion which at least made you feel alone and threatened in between adam chats and that gravity boss ruled.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trilogy is insanely rare yeah so anyway totes unrelated

i love the poo poo out of it and have 100% completed save files of both normal and hard (hard and hyper, as they were relabeled) for all 3 games and god if i dont get random cravings to play it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

trilogy is insanely rare yeah so anyway totes unrelated

i love the poo poo out of it and have 100% completed save files of both normal and hard (hard and hyper, as they were relabeled) for all 3 games and god if i dont get random cravings to play it again

Lol thats not even the metal case. Come on son.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lol thats not even the metal case. Come on son.

good luck finding a loving metal case one for <100 dollars

this was the last copy in my entire city after release and i hunted it the gently caress down

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy gently caress Metroid is extremely extremely my jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I want Trilogy so bad I can't stand it I don't a lot though

• Locked thread