Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Been playing it a lot the past couple days home sick, what do you all think of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one of my favs. try the no upgrade no detection no kills run it's cool

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Acquire Currency! posted:

one of my favs. try the no upgrade no detection no kills run it's cool

I usually like just sneaking thorough undetected and killing the guy at the end. Makes you feel pretty cool just slipping in and slipping out with nobody having an idea you were ever there...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought the chicks at the mansion party looked cool but ehh...

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it was really good and fun

the storyline isn't great and there are a couple of missteps in level design here and there but they nail every other part of the game

the dlc is good and worth the buy too

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It had really good level design for a modern game, but it didn't really matter unless you actually care about exploration since proper use of powers trivialized everything.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Austrian mook posted:

I usually like just sneaking thorough undetected and killing the guy at the end. Makes you feel pretty cool just slipping in and slipping out with nobody having an idea you were ever there...

A cool way to play actually! True facts I didn't even know one mission had an extended map until I did my high chaos run
The lord overseer level. It was simple enough to do the non lethal or stab him in his bedroom that I had no idea there was a whole different part to the level

frank.club fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 10, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Acquire Currency! posted:

A cool way to play actually! True facts I didn't even know one mission had an extended map until I did my high chaos run

The one with the High Overseer? Or the Prison map?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game had good dLC.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
it was cool it reminded me of a cross between hitman and a first person RPG

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's like if Hit Man and Dark Souls had an awesomebaby, and that awesomebaby's name? Win.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it, but I think it's funny that you only get a good ending if you play it the most not fun way possible

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the Duad DLC is great and actually ups the challenge from the main game.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i beat dishonored last week, turns out i only had like 30 minuites left in the game when i stopped playing it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it's a good game but i'm not about to play it with minimal chaos because idgaf and i looked up the ending on youtube

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The DLC looked really cool but by the time I got around to it I was really burnt out on the mechanics.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked Dishonored, OP. Pick up the DLC- it's better level design than the base game I think.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i played through the whole thing and it was okay, just very "AAA"-esque sort of taste where it felt like being stuck in a theme park and given a box of tools to defeat a confused horde of adhd riddled toddlers.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
then again i compare every stealth game i play to blood money now and that is really unfair

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

It's like if Hit Man and Dark Souls had an awesomebaby, and that awesomebaby's name? Win.

DisWinored

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
its cool high chaos lethal stealth and exploring everything was super fun

wheres the sequel tho

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It was epic because I could stop time.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That's cool that they made a DLC, and that it is apparently good. What's it about? You basically did everything in the regular game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Stopping time, grabbing bullets out of mid air, and shooting 3 shots into a dudes face before resuming time never stops being cool and fun

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Stopping time, grabbing bullets out of mid air, and shooting 3 shots into a dudes face before resuming time never stops being cool and fun

agreed. Hoping for a sequel as well

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Slow down time, throw a grenade, run to the other side of the room, throw a grenade at that other grenade, the grenades bounce off each other and explode. I found that immensely satisfying to do in packed rooms.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I bought this on sale ages ago and never played it. Should I give it a go? I remember being very hyped about the setting before the release.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That's cool that they made a DLC, and that it is apparently good. What's it about? You basically did everything in the regular game.

it's a parallel storyline, you play as a different guy with a different set of abilities

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
DisOwnored

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I remember it looking a lot like Half-Life 2, what with all of it having the exact same use of colour everywhere.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Great Joe posted:

I remember it looking a lot like Half-Life 2, what with all of it having the exact same use of colour everywhere.

and?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Great Joe posted:

One of the visual designers also worked on HL2 iirc

e: yeah the visual design director for dishonored was the guy who designed city 17 and most of the combine stuff

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 10, 2015

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hes the big name if your game is about blue angular metallic structures in a crumbling urban shithole

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really like this game, and the DLC even more. i wish there were more DLC for it. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like dishonored a lot it feels like a linear elder scrolls game but with good magic and combat

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

No Such Thing posted:

The DLC looked really cool but by the time I got around to it I was really burnt out on the mechanics.

same

original game was fun tho

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Dishonored pretty much has the best first-person movement and jumping mechanics of all time. Also helps that it runs super smooth on even modest systems.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FuriousGeorge posted:

Dishonored pretty much has the best first-person movement and jumping mechanics of all time. Also helps that it runs super smooth on even modest systems.

Looks like someone never heard of Quake/

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

Wormskull posted:

Looks like someone never heard of Quake/

Aka anyone under the age of 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Honestly any game where you can stop time and it uses JoJo time stopping mechanics gets a 10/10 from me. If you can't do that in the Dishonored sequel (if it ever happens) I shan't be playing it.

• Locked thread