Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
The last time I was in NZ in 2000, we got a Toyota Camry from some non-chain place in Auckland for $50 a day, unlimited mileage, which we used to go to Rotorua and back, I think.

This time, the wife and I are going for about 10 days and want to make our way by car from Auckland down to Wellington, stopping at places along the way. Does anyone have any recommendations for car rental agencies that do one-way rentals?

We got stung by Europcar in the UK last time we went overseas (they accepted our payment for a rental from an outlet that was closed on the day we were booked to pick it up :haw:), but the B&B we were staying at put us in touch with a local mob who were only a tad more expensive but had much better service. So if you know a local agency that you want to recommend, that's fine too.

Thanks goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Maybe try this?
http://www.nzrentacar.co.nz/new-zealand-one-way-car-rental.html

I had Europcar in NZ, it was alright except their phone at the office never fuckign worked and I had to renew it several times over 3 months (because it was work) and so it was kinda a pain to not have a god drat working phone but otherwise it as ok.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
That site looks really good. Thanks!

Yeah, that sounds like Europcar. They stopped answering the phones when I was trying to call them about where my car was, too.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I rented with hertz in NZ and it was great. Fun little Mazda, chill about a light scratch, and easy pickup and return to Auckland airport. Couldn't have been easier.

• Locked thread