Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Fungah! posted:

Light from Death Note would be able to kill Goku as soon as he realized Goku was an enemy. The question is whether Goku would instantly vaporize him as soon as he started writing, which is a real possibility

I think Light might actually pull this one out: remember that Goku is basically retarded and illiterate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kenshiro. He never loses to the same opponent twice.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The lord of nightmares and shabadadoo the demon star could beat Goku as well

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
What if the opponent cheats? Would that count as defeating Goku?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The lord of nightmares and shabadadoo the demon star could beat Goku as well

Please cite your sources, as I will be actively reading any manga/watching any anime in which a character could arguably defeat Goku

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also the mother loving Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, who can throw galaxies at whim.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Actually, paragon1, if you want to take your fedora off for a second and get the dewritos special edition out of your ears, plenty of people have given plausible Goku defeaters, myself included:

Haruhi: can vanish Goku from all reality on a whim
Lord Bills: Unfettered by death, space, or time, can beat up Goku for eternity anywhere
Gold Experience Requiem: Just try and stop this guy
Godhand Griffith: Ultimate Causality Power gives him control over fate itself

Wow rude but OK. Does converting Goku to your cause count?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Also the mother loving Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, who can throw galaxies at whim.

i already posted that motherfucker.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

chou tenga toppa gurren lagann

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please cite your sources, as I will be actively reading any manga/watching any anime in which a character could arguably defeat Goku

Watch Slayers later bro its p good

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

I'm inclined to think Goku would beat this robot but I can't say empirically

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Watch Slayers later bro its p good

Is that the one I rented from Blockbuster when I was a kid where the girls had big boobs and thongs and cast magic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What about Yu Narukami, from Persona 4: The Animation? Like Goku, his true power is the love and admiration of his friends, but he's also a sexy teen.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I think Goku would let Lina Inverse finish her spells but I don't think they would be powerful enough to defeat him.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Krillin, if he hits him with a Destructo Disk which can cut through anything

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Countblanc posted:

What about Yu Narukami, from Persona 4: The Animation? Like Goku, his true power is the love and admiration of his friends, but he's also a sexy teen.

Maybe Goku is weak to Mudoon

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Keep in mind according to the dbz manga goku couldn't handle 40 ton weights while he was on the grand kais planet and he didn't get any stronger for the rest of the buu saga.

Brony Hunter posted:

Krillin, if he hits him with a Destructo Disk which can cut through anything

Krillin is not hard enough to murder his best friend.

E: This isn't even the heaviest thing Kenshiro has exerted his will over.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is that the one I rented from Blockbuster when I was a kid where the girls had big boobs and thongs and cast magic

Hell yes.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
You can't prove how much that rock weighs.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Oh yeah that was loving sick

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Light from Death Note would be able to kill Goku as soon as he realized Goku was an enemy. The question is whether Goku would instantly vaporize him as soon as he started writing, which is a real possibility

Light would have to write Kakarot, and I doubt he would know that. Though tbh Goku would probably tell him if he asked.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Wouldn't Goku just come back from the dead though?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You can't prove how much that rock weighs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nu7gO25CRo

Kenshiro stops this train with one hand while big boss watches.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Kratos from God of War

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Kratos from God of War

nah

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Look, from the 1986 magazine Hokuto no Ken Special: All About the Man, it lists Kenshiro's punch power as being able to split a rock with 5 meters of thickness. While this is very impressive, it is SUBSTANTIALLY less than Goku. Please do not make me continue to refer to Hokuto no Ken Special: All About the Man, the definitive source for Kenshiro statistics.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

Light would have to write Kakarot, and I doubt he would know that. Though tbh Goku would probably tell him if he asked.

NOT true; Light was able to kill the criminal who he thought was L even though that wasn't his name. If he wrote Goku, Goku would die

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Vegeto.

You didn't say that they had to beat Goku in a fight, only that they have to be stronger than Goku. I would certainly think Vegeto qualifies!!!!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

-kills multiple Gods

-comes back from the dead multiple times

-horrible to friends, family, and countrymen

-knows many techniques

Am I talking about Kratos or Goku here hmmm

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Silento posted:

Vegeto.

You didn't say that they had to beat Goku in a fight, only that they have to be stronger than Goku. I would certainly think Vegeto qualifies!!!!

Yeah that guy is stronger for sure.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

paragon1 posted:

-kills multiple Gods

-comes back from the dead multiple times

-horrible to friends, family, and countrymen

-knows many techniques

Am I talking about Kratos or Goku here hmmm

The Greek Gods were canonically really easy to kill.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Greek Gods were canonically really easy to kill.

Everyone in the Dragonball Universe besides Goku and Vegeta becomes progressively easier to kill as time passes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Goku can't sense the energy of Gods though so Kratos might be able to get a sneak attack in. I doubt it would be strong enough to kill Goku though.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yusuke Urameshi's dad, Raizen. But only before he went on a no human flesh diet.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

paragon1 posted:

Everyone in the Dragonball Universe besides Goku and Vegeta becomes progressively easier to kill as time passes.

You're making a great case for Goku here

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

You're making a great case for Goku here

Yeah, but the same rule applies to everyone who isn't Kratos.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Kratos can't move fast enough and doesn't even have close to the necessary strength. It was a stupid suggestion.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ancestor, not dad. Sorry.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
yeah that Raizen guy was strong as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
What's ya'lls opinion on Alucard with ALL the Cromwell Initiative Barriers unlocked

• Locked thread