Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'll type up a super league roundup later, unless anyone else has done one or wants to do one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
You int seen me, roight

stickyfngrdboy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 13, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I totally forgot about Todd Carney. Edited it in but I'm actually excited to see how badly he fucks up this season. I'm sure he will, it's just a matter of how long it takes.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Lacklustre Hero posted:

ahem. Albert Kelly is signed with Hull KR

Hull KR physios already on standby.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Joe Burgess is a class act, he'll do well down under.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
He just wants the press coverage, he loves it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
In the first game of Super League, Widnes Vikings, down to twelve men early on after Patrick Ah Van was shown a very harsh red card for a high tackle, came from 16-0 down to draw against Wigan Warriors 22-22.

Excellent second half performance from the Vikings, and especially Joe Mellor, but if the refereeing performance was anything to go by, we're in for a shocking season.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
It should've been a red, I think.

Even worse refereeing in the saints dragons game. The dragons had a perfectly legitimate try disallowed and, from the same incident, saints got a completely bizarre penalty, and pushed up to score. After that a shoulder charge to the head went unpunished, which should have been a red. Joel Moon of the rhinos received a red towards the end of last season for the same challenge. Im bitter.

Easy victory for saints really, and they're going to be difficult to beat again this year. Im off to rovers v Leeds on Sunday and I hope the ref doesn't impact the outcome, unless he gives us loads of decisions and not hull.

Also, my best ever Leeds player retweeted me ftw

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Just on the way to watch Leeds Widnes. Overheard a big group of Widnes fans, all late teens early twenties, talking about causing aggro with Leeds fans.

Lovely.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

iajanus posted:

I think so, or at least it was the last time I checked.

You're allowed to tackle in the air in NRL? That seems like an odd thing to allow

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I hope so I'm very drunk so believe everything

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jono C posted:

An attacking player catching a kick can be tackled in the air in the NRL, but the rule about not lifting past the horizontal still applies. A defending player defusing a bomb can't be touched until he touches the ground.

This is stupid, and dangerous, IMO

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The new super league rule which forces refs to give a decision before sending it to the screen, is ridiculous.

Cas tigers just scored a perfectly good try against the dragons, but because the camera couldn't see the (definitely onside) winger as the ball was kicked, the ref's original call stands. Even though it's really obviously wrong.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

iajanus posted:

I like the attacking player being allowed to be hit in mid air as they're normally the ones with any momentum in challenges and it makes it a bit farcical to defend kicks into the ingoal if you have to let them come down (with the current levels of skill exhibited by the wingers/back).

I disagree with all of this. when a player is tackled in the air nobody has control of what happens next.

You're still allowed, in super league, to challenge in the air, but as soon as a player has control of the ball you have to let him land.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

GranadaReport posted:

Has there ever been this many cards n the first few fixtures?

I don't remember it being this bad before, certainly not in summer era.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Holy gently caress the size of St George's left winger

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Lol he just made a high tackle on penny, penny got up furious and then saw how big he was and decided against retribution. The man's a giant.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
he isn't very good, the giant fella

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Dirty Frank posted:

Have a go at spelling his name, I'm going for N'booli
edit: im wrong
editedit: no cheating mind

Idk what his name is I'll do it if someone mentions it at ht

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Nabouli maybe? had to rewind to someone saying his name lol

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah it's top drawer. They look really strong to me. which might say more about super league than it does the dragons, idk

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Should be in the bin there really thats a pretty clear cut sin bin

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Northern hemisphere fans are brilliant, tbf

Wolves players letting the entire northern hemisphere down, though

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah I hate Wigan (my ex wife's team as well as the usual reasons) but I want the north to win.

Wolves unlucky really, Marshall was brilliant.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
aussies getting let off the hook by the refs two nights running

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
What a try but loving hell they made it hard for themselves

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Golden point coming up?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
They're all knackered, it'll be a close thing now.

Phil Clarke is a dick

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
poo poo end to extra time

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
No idea what that was given for but Lmao there, brilliant

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Charge down ftw

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Well you can't do that lol but good tactics to try and put him off for the second go

Shame they gave the pen away though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ilyich posted:

St. Helens are really bad, Souths are really good, or both?

Saints haven't been thrashed like this since last year's loss to Warrington at Langtree Park. Certainly puts the Salford result from last week into perspective.

Saints were shocking. Souths are a fantastic side and were a pleasure to watch (that defence, holy poo poo), but saints are usually much better than they showed here. Some of those lads should be embarrassed.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The commentary team reckon the Burgess boys can bench 65 kg. On each arm. At the same time.

:stare:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

cpaf posted:

I didn't think it was possible but Super League commentary might actually be worse than NRL, although admittedly I always mute ray hadley

Your should hear it when stevo is doing it, Jesus.

Barry McDermott is ace though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Dirty Frank posted:

Alright, hoping my stream holds out and this is a good game. Leeds to win by 12.

I thought it was a bad defensive display from Leeds (again), a shocking referee, as usual, and we should have won much more easily than we did.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Ididn't think it was forward

Wish refs would speed up the ruck, it's painfully slow

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Comeback might be on

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Not sure about that, Warrington havent looked great so far and your defence (Souths aside) has been excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah, right at the 79:15 mark the Giants got a massive breakaway that Leeds simply did not look prepared to defend, which almost cost the game. Leeds have so much talent and drive, they just need to focus on doing the basic stuff right. Like staying flat and tight on defense.

McDermott's interview at the end--especially his comments on Huddersfield's play style and the refereeing--was all kinds of :stare:

We got a decision right near the end that, having seen it again on TV, we should never have had. We need to improve, quickly.

• Locked thread