Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Bought myself an NRL Digital membership to watch my team play its first Hayne-free season in years, not sure what to expect but I've got a feeling we could surprise some people. And then of course lose to bottom-dwelling teams a week later.

Picks -
1. Rabbitohs
2. Storm
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Panthers
6. Sea Eagles
7. Eels
8. Bulldogs
9. Warriors
10. Broncos
11. Tigers
12. Knights
13. Dragons
14. Sharks
15. Titans
16. Raiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Red_Museum posted:

Must really want to go to the Eels.

We are probably offering him way more than any other sane club would, and we've already said if we don't get him now the whole deal is off.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

cpaf posted:

The Eels are still haunted by the ghost of Ricky Stuart

Yeah, we're still paying part of the contracts for the dozen or so players that Stuart fired halfway through last season.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm not much of a DCE fan, but haven't most of his past failures been when he's come in at the last minute or otherwise unexpectedly during games? Now that he's got the whole week and a half preparation time in that position he could actually do something worthwhile for a change.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jono C posted:

He did manage to captain NSW from the bench.

Most NSW moment ever

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

bowmore posted:

Does anyone else think they should make the season shorter?

honestly I think they should put Origin on 3 weeks in a row and just not have normal NRL during those 3 weeks, plus the regular byes, would be a good starting point.

Yeah. Every team should play every other team once, it's ridiculous that the draw is inherently unfair to some teams, plus they can never get the scheduling right and end up with teams playing each other twice in a month.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
If anyone is thinking of getting the NRL Digital subscription, DON'T! The button to "watch live" has just disappeared in both second halves tonight, and the supposed 24/7 Testra customer service may as well be a bot, it's just someone posting a generic FAQ link each time. Useless. Even for $90 a year this subscription has been a waste of money for the actual games I've been able to watch when I've wanted to...

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Just a random question; know poo poo about the sport

How come anytime a team has any sort of response to the Haka it's seen as rude, racist, some huge cultural insult, and then a ton of articles go up about it

Like I get its kind of a thing they're known for now but is it expected that you just have to stand there patiently, let them do their thing, then walk off in shame?

You're supposed to respond in kind, it's a challenge to war.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/73310284/haka-expert-rates-richie-mccaws-team-as-all-blacks-best-for-prematch-ritual

quote:

How best to respond remains a touchy subject. Don't expect the Springboks to break out in a Zulu dance, but Karetu felt the best way was to produce one of your own.

"You respond to the haka with your own haka," Karetu said.

"You listen to what they say and you come back with your own similar response. You see all the secondary schools [rugby teams] in New Zealand, they go haka for haka, that's the way it's always been, the Maori tradition.

"They're challenging you to find a similar response. If you don't respond then in Maori terms you're giving away territorial advantage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

cpaf posted:

No Parra fans in here I think but they just signed Jennings, who'll probably be pretty big for them out on the right off Foran and balancing out the Takairangi/Radradra weapon on the left

Parra fan here, if only I hadn't had my spirit crushed over the last six years I might have some optimism in this signing. Kinda sad to lose Pauli Pauli, he showed potential, but something's gotta give I suppose.

• Locked thread