Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:justpost:

Captain Invictus posted:

In every time, in every age, the posts of men remain the same

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for the record the poll is just because ive been watching dbz kai

it's p. good but also the fight scenes aren't nearly as awesome as i remember

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XyloJW posted:

if there is ever a dub made of Jojo, someone come get me. everyone says i should watch jojo, but i'm illiterate so...
there's a dub of part 3 but not parts 1 and 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best D&D campaign anime is slayers

there's like five seasons though and i dont know if the newer stuff is any good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my problem with durarara is that izaya is clearly the author's favorite

which, isaac and miria were obviously his favorites in baccano, but they were funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

baccano's dub was amazing

also hercule's va was in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN THE RAIL TRACER AND SHIZUO
the answer is chane

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

DBZ the manga is super dope but it just kinda stops dead after the buu fight and wraps up in three chapters. Its weird.
He wanted it to end after the Frieza Saga and it kind of shows

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i think that's about the start of Water 7, which is the best arc

you should read one piece
Yeah, Water 7/CP9 loving rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

the truth is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i bet there are some epic Frozen doujinshi.
let me tell you, the frozen tag on pixiv is some poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the first part of yugioh 5ds is legitimately a good show, with decent writing and everything

then it completely shits the bed but still

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Frankie is cool
he has the best fight in that arc

except for sanji's fight

and luffy's fight

poo poo cp9 had a lot of cool fights actually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The fight between Usopp and Luffy was pretty sad...Would been really hosed up if he left the group for good. :whitewater:
ussop left wtf

sogeking has many similarities, but he is not ussop

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

No wearing just a towel/no prostituting - A few years ago two chicks went wearing just a towel as "cosplay"
Ah, I see they're cosplaying the hotspring scene from every anime ever made

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i would like to say i didnt laugh at the last page, because i am a mature adult, but actually i have been cackling like a hyena

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

was legit mad when those people ended up being villians...i thought square nose fucker was cool.
at the time that dude had a lot of fangirls and i never understood it because his nose is a square

welp, peace

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Kaku is the only part of CP9 I remember, because he is cool and cute. Unless the creepy soap lady was also in CP9.
creepy soap lady was in cp9, yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My friend was doing a panel on the Atelier series of games at some con and the guy doing an epic legend of zelda timeline panel got really mad at him for 'wasting valuable time on poo poo nobody cares about' and kept hassling him and even interrupting his panel until he got kicked out, so my friend got to talk about high impact sexual violence for like 3 hours to a mostly empty room

that's my con story

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's like 20 good avs in that article

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

I like this mental image where every member of an "anti-fansite" is someone in denial of how much they want to bone a fictional character.
tbh it's probably true

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite part of attack on titan is that panel where the guy is in a human centipede machine where he's forced to constantly eat his own poo poo and also the part where the mangaka is a huge japanese nationalist who talks about how inferior other asian countries are

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

which part are you questioning

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

yeah it was pretty weird

i don't think aot is bad now but i don't care nearly as much as i used to
aot had a really strong start but it pretty much fell off a cliff once the plot had to progress past the initial set-up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

have they gotten to the basement yet?
the 'are they still on namek?' of our times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf one piece has directly addressed that concern - somebody who knew what one piece was tried to tell luffy what one piece was, and luffy told him that he didn't want to know what it was, he just wanted the joy of discovering it for himself basically

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the second arc of sword art online gets pretty bad and asuna is reduced to literally being in a cage for the whole thing

sao ii is fun but there's two straight episodes where they sit in a cave and talk about what the villain's plan is

i like sao but the aincrad arc is definitely the strongest part by a mile

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well i mean this happens in sao ii so its not a total loss:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vkeios posted:

i saw the last episode of sao and it seemed pretty cool …if you're into teenagers mugging dudes in parking lots.
my favorite parts of SAO is when people have weird slapfights in real life because the show accurately depicts how nerds would fight: awkward flailing, screaming, and beating someone over the head with a gigantic 90s radio

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nah, it's based on novels and that bit existed in the novels too

dude's just gotta get his money in somewhere basically. dude also wrote the story when he was in high school and slapped it up on his website in like 2005, and only mildly revised it + hired an artist for the actual published version, which kind of explains pretty much everything

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the problem with chihayafuru getting a dub isn't popularity, it's it being based around japanese poems and the exact specifics of those poems, both sound-wise and word-wise

subbing it is one thing, but it'd be a translation nightmare to actually dub

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tiger & Bunny has problems but it's a fun show and the dub is really good

is Eden of the East on netflix?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah. it also has the most unanime anime op, but i think netflix changed the music because they couldn't license the song in the us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdqeu9LW2c

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah, and a lot of its vas were in the digimon dubs, which kind of owns

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Baccano is the only dubbed anime show i have watched and it was a good dub. that is hte only show i can recommend to someone who wants to watch dubs.
the baccano dub is killer, really adds to the prohibition-era US setting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

Bummer. A brief google search also tells me that one of those seasons doesn't even have a cross dressing episode. What the gently caress

Thinking about shows that got reboots, it occurs to me that I never got around to watching Brotherhood. Guess I'll watch that for now, I heard that one was actually good.
Brotherhood kinda rushes through the stuff FMA 2003 already adapted (up to meeting Curtis) and can therefore be pretty rocky, but once it gets onto the new stuff it's amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hoshi no Samidare is incredibly good but the 'and everyone got married' epilogue sucked, as it always does

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Kaiba is cool.

drat man you must have played the

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

roobots posted:

Kotaku's Richard Eisenbeis gushes at length about Amagi Brilliant Park, proves once again that he is the worst anime reviewer online. Discuss.

http://kotaku.com/few-anime-are-as-fun-as-amagi-brilliant-park-1679826841
hint: what makes a bad reviewer isn't having opinions that you disagree with

what makes a bad reviewer is being very bad at getting those opinions across, having difficulty expressing why they have those opinions

if you just want a reviewer to echo your own opinions so you can can feel confident using the :smug: emote and using the phrase 'rolling my eyes' fifteen times, leave the Anime Chat thread, never to return

Endorph fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

roobots posted:

i now understand the true meaning of being an anime fan. thank you for this humble lesson.

Having different opinions is fine and cool as hell. Look at his past reviews and you will find plenty of examples of what even a lot of ADTRW tends to classify as "shameful anime nerd" poo poo. From his weirdly defensive take on Watamote to his review of H-game Littlewitch Romanesque where he really enjoyed it but refers to the the unconfirmed age of the romance options as a "questionable element", he just kind of puts out this bad anime-nerd vibe to a large mainstream audience. That's what I'm saying.

gently caress me i just made an effort post in adtrw. dick spacious CPA plz teach me your ways :(
then make fun of him for that and not 'dude likes dumb kyoani show'

• Locked thread