Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Death Parade's finally on Hulu so guess I'm watching it tomorrow because I watched a bunch of Akagi tonight.

I hate being a week behind on everything Funimation gets but I'm not giving them $5 to use their lovely player. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

hopefully it will teach me some tricks to jap cooking, i got to make exactly one japanese dish in culinary school. im willing to make some sacrifices for greater education

Cooking Papa is a much better option for that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I enjoyed OP back when I still cared about reading shounen manga but I don't think I have the fortitude for 600 chapters of anything anymore, no matter how good it is.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I attend a convention for my job (drug prevention) that is often scheduled directly before Katsucon at the same hotel. A few years ago when there was all that snow and DC was more or less shut down, nobody from our convention could get any flights home so they got to see the con attendees roll in with their costumes. Watching a bunch of uptight anti-drug people boggle at cosplay was worth being stuck there for a couple extra days.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i stopped reading the titan manga when eren, bert, ernie, and the tall lesbian (who all can turn into titans btw) were sitting in a tree for like 3 chatpers talking about nothing

I stopped maybe 3 chapters after that, decided to wait until things maybe started getting resolved before I picked it up again (never).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just can't do dubs anymore for most stuff, just things like the second VHD movie or maybe Hellsing because I kinda still love hearing Crispin Freeman chew up all the scenery as Alucard.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd be up for a watch of Kaiba. I gave it a shot a while back but wasn't really in the mood for it so something a little more organized with some discussion might help me stick with it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

crunchyroll is making it so that you get all their manga as part of a regular membership, which is very good

Oh nice. I only follow Kiss Him Not Me so it was never worth it to get a manga subscription for one title but if I let a chapter slip behind the paywall I had to burn a trial to get caught up and that was annoying.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

is that as funny as the premise makes it seem
I think it's pretty funny. It would also be my only CR manga recommendation because I wasn't very impressed with the rest of their catalogue.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Continuing to watch Parasyte and Yona, picked up Death Parade, Kamisama Kiss, and the magical boys show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted to like Golden Time but just couldn't get into it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kids on the Slope and House of Five Leaves are my go-to CR catalog recommendations. Now that they have Mononoke I'll have to mix it up a little though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

"Hey, this kid was in an accident. What should we do?"

"Let's just put some organs from this random girl he was near inside him."

That was about as far as I got into the manga and based on that never bothered with the anime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

because i cannot tear my eyes away from the shitshow

I have never experienced this problem because it is actually really easy to not watch bad anime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Waiting for the day when all anime is butts and muscles and boys kissing :gay:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Not read Toriko yet, eh?

Just enough to know it is way too shounen for me.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
You need premium to watch Mononoke but there's quite a bit of stuff that's up for free users (watch House of Five Leaves it is my favorite show and at the very bottom of the popularity-sorted list :cry: ).

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 27, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Slayers is like all those fantasy novels I read in high school that I remember fondly and with a lot of nostalgia but can never revisit because they were actually pretty bad.

In the case of Slayers it's more that it has aged really poorly like almost all late 90s anime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ryand-Smith posted:

Hey, for the people in here, I have a question. How do you all afford your anime/related goods, I mean I signed a contract to become a ~magical sailor~, but what about you all.

I have a job.

Also I only pay for streaming and buy manga with credit card points earned through work-related spending that I get reimbursed for.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I wish I could go back in time and prevent myself from buying so many manga series, series that even if I wound up liking alot them I'd wind up only reading them once with no where to put them except boxes in the basement. At least with DVDs I can throw out the cases and put the disks into a sleeve which doesn't take up a lot of space.

I mostly buy physical copies of manga to support authors I really like and also to offset the massive amount I read online. I've been meaning to load a bunch up and donate it to the local library or something to get it out of my house though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot about still having the tshirt that came with the Blame! dvd.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did someone say anime dads?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't watch Code Geass when it was the hot new thing and have no intention of watching it now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

One of us. One of us. :zombie:

But seriously, there are worse series to do this with. Man, I seriously hope Ore Monogatari!!'s anime adaptation is as awesome as Chihayafuru.

I just hope the inevitable shoujo anime budget it gets doesn't end up turning people off.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nondevor posted:

All this talk about Chihayafuru is making me wish that there was a third season already. :( Some day it'll come....

Holding out hope for a third season is the only reason I haven't read the manga yet. I don't want to spoil the tension of not knowing how each match is going to turn out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
As far as quality this season hasn't been a disappointment but I feel like I'm watching fewer shows right now than I have in quite a while.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

This one is my favorite

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Crap, I want to read that but haven't finished BoTI yet & don't want to read ending spoilers.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have fond memories of Slayers but would never go back and watch any of it now.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a rule that all Berserk adaptions have to retell the Golden Arc? I haven't managed to watch the movies because after watching the first anime and reading the manga I don't really want to go over it again. I was pretty excited when the movies first came out but that died off when I realized all three movies were set in the Golden Arc instead of moving past it at all.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 21, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the series about 15 years ago then watched one Eva movie recently and felt like that was more than enough.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
nope

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My computer is hooked up to my tv but half the time my lovely rural DSL is sucking too hard to stream CR in anything other than standard definition. :negative:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hulu has a ton of anime. There's a bunch of recent Funimation stuff in particular (which makes it a good alternative to their lovely player if you can access them). Most of their simulcasts end up there on a week delay and as far as I know they never pull them down. The genre page is also helpfully grouped so you can just browse action or new or popular or whatever.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

i think the reason most people don't watch gintama is that there's an episode 83 of gintama
That would certainly be it for me. I have a hard enough time managing to finish something with 12 episodes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I bought part of VOTOMS on vhs for like a buck but got rid of my vcr before I ever got around to watching the tapes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:woop:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to finish Tiger & Bunny. I like what I watched so far but I got sidetracked on other stuff and never picked it back up. That's a bad habit I have...my Hulu and CR queues are full of shows I've watched like 8 episodes of and need to finish.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

One day I'll be able to decipher this.

I don't think I want to be able to decipher this. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

WickedHate posted:

her plots remind me of a friend's writing.

just FYI this is not typically read as a ringing endorsement.

Angel Sanctuary is a hot mess so it may be an accurate statement though.

• Locked thread