Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why the gently caress did someone bother dubbing SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It bothers me so much that they use the Japanese names in the English dub. It's Lu Bu, not Ryo Fu!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

everythingWasBees posted:

SD Gundams are hilarious to me and it's a shame that they're too cheap and too niche I guess to bother importing or selling for decent prices on Amazon.

Just get them from Hobby Link Japan, they're like 4 dollars each.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I am going to watch all of SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors in one sitting tonight.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

everythingWasBees posted:

When you factor in shipping it gets kinda ridiculous given how cheap the kits are.

Also this hat has a monoeye:

no it doesn't. I just checked,SD Build Burning, estimated shipping is 680 yen, about 6dollars. I added the SD Lightning Gundam, estiated shipping is still 680 yen. I added two more, Strike and Deul, and the estimated shipping is now 980 yen.

that's 4 SD Gundam for 2640 yen, or like, 25 bucks. That's still a little over 6 dollars per model.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yes. good.

The cheapest shipping option at HLJ takes like, two to three weeks, but it is very cheap if you order multiple things.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

im going to buy a japanese tv station and only show the best and good animes

Every weekday, 7-9 PM, two hours of Gundam. Starting with episode one of Mobile Suit Gundam. In ten years, when you're caught up, you start all over again.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I saw an episode of K-On.

It was the first episode.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
According to myanimelist.net, I have watched over 45 days worth of anime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Christ, it says I'm at 120 days.

Actually, as I math it out, that doesn't seem so bad. I've been watching anime for about a dozen years, so it averages out to about 10 days/year, which is about 47 minutes/day.

Two episodes a day seems reasonable. That's what I'll tell myself.

Holy poo poo. Link your list.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I am slightly cheating by not including anime that I know I watched but remember literally nothing about, like Arc the Lad and Full Metal Panic.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Neither of you have watched enough Gundam

My list has an appropriate Gundam to non-Gundam anime ratio

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/boomboomboom

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I should probably watch something Macross. I saw Robotech but I don't know if that counts

edit: Every time i got to myanimelist.net I remember an anime I've seen but forgot toadd to the list.How the gently caress could I have forgotten about Irresponsible Captain Tylor

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dryzen posted:

where else can I find both jpop and robots like come on

iDOLM@STER: Xenoglossia

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Macross, Dougram, VOTOMS, Vifam, Blue Gender...

Too many mecha animes to atch

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hace posted:

I'm shaming you for watching love hina

And Happy Lesson

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Black Stones posted:

My MAL list says I'm at 140 days. What do I win, besides crushing despair?

christ, i really thought I had watched a lot

turns out 46 days is nothing

:agreed:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

They... they were a bit better than the tv anime? :( I'm so sorry.

now explain giving Gundam 0080 a measly 7!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
was kitsune the tan drunk chick? yeah she was the best

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
My Anime Journey began when Gundam Wing was first broadcast on American TV...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Are any of the Sakura Wars animes worth watching/understnadable if you haven't played any of the games?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Kaiba is really, really, really good.

i fuckin' told you

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I started watching that Gunbuster show. I was surprised by the tits. I can't remember the last time I saw tits in anime. Does anime have less tits in it nowadays?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

and attack on titan? personally, i really agree that the japanese should subjugate the lesser asians.

lol what?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
who gives a poo poo? Unless the twist at the end is that the Titans took over the world because Japan didn't have nuclear first-strike capability, dude's politics don't show up in the comic itself.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

i just said he based a character (who gets a ton of Important Speeches) on a dude who committed war crimes, dude

im just loving around here, if you like attack on titan you aren't a japanese imperialist, but don't act like it isn't there.

How many people recognize that the character was based off the army guy?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

Huh really? the summary i read said it was because she was japanese. i guess the dude was making assumptions.

oh lol you just read some clickbait "Attack on Titan is calling for a new Imperial Japan!" listicle and don't actually know anything

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

probably as many people as read the tweet?

So you're actually admitting that it doesn't show up in the comic at all, somebody just reading the comic would never get the dead general connection?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

iunno dude, i cant make that call. im not japanese or korean so i was barely even aware of the historical figure outside of 'guy who got a lot of medals for some hosed up stuff.' he isn't really a cultural figure in the US so my mind doesn't immediately go to him. maybe someone japanese or korean would make the connection immediately! Maybe it's so cloaked that it's impossible to tell. I can't make that call. Are you in a position to make that call?

You started this argument dude.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

by making a loving joke, jesus

then you came in ACTUALLY IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER THAT ISAYAMA WANTS TO SLAUGHTER THE KOREAN DOGS BECAUSE I LIKE A COMIC... and i egged you on because lol

Man, it's OK to admit that you heard somewhere Attack on Titan was nationalistic and just repeated that claim. We can't read all the mangas and watch all the animes, so we're gonna get knowledge about them from other sources. Sometimes it's wrong info, and that's OK. It happens to us all.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

attack on titan is literally a rallying call for japanese nationalism and by watching it you are supporting the subjugation of the korean people

simply reading attack on titan is a war crime of the highest order

Are you making absurd hyperboles now to make it seem like that's what you were doing all along?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends on your tolerance for a ridic amount of panty shots.

My panty shot tolerance is p. high. I need either a lot or very high quality panty shots to get the same high as a singe panty shot gave me when I was a kid

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Remember when people talked a lot about japanese nationalism on the kancolle, irregular at magic and gate threads? Pepperidge farm remembers

And then Gundam Reconguista in G comes out, an anime that actually does deal with Japanese militarism, and people on ADTRW hate it because a woman cries(which is sexist) and it's too confusing because characters sometimes say one thing and then do something that contradicts that and how on earth are we supposed to understand what the fcuk is going on if characters don't constantly state their motivations and feelsing. God forbid we have to pay the tiniest amount of attention to anything, I was literally shaking because it's 2015 and someone felt it was appropriate to have cheerleaders in a cartoon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

most people on adtrw seem to think reconguista is decent-good actually

You didn't read the thread then. I haven't in awhile, maybe Caros and Impatom and Broken Loose all admitted they were morons or died, but still.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

the cheerleaders in g gundam were cool because they were cheerleaders and also secret agents

that said i cant blame people for being a little wary after the trainwreck that was AGE

You absolutely can blame people for thinking AGE was gonna tell you anything about Reconguista. AGE was made by video game designers, Reconguista was made by Yoshiyuki Tomino.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

what the cheerleaders in the gundam show were actually spies?!? i just thought the pink haired girl was bellri's friend and followed him and the other chick just followed blue char around

The Cheerleaders in G Gundam were spies, the Cheerleaders in Reconguista in G are not.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Something I just realized about Yowamushi Pedal; The second season began with them about two thirds of the way through the second day of a three day race. It looks like it will end with the end of the third day.

The second season of Yowamushi pedal is 24 episodes covering a time period of roughly 36 hours.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I fuckin' love anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

Who cares about what other people like, if it's good it is good.

anime wisdom

• Locked thread