Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

What a loving crybaby. Get double hosed Reed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Saul Kain posted:

“Just hit the loving ball” my swing thought

Pre-swing- "I hope it goes straight"
Swing - blank, brief moment of zen
Post-swing - "aw hell, I think I'm behind a tree. Bummer"

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Texas is a horrible venue for this lawsuit. Texas has a very strong anti-SLAPP (strategic lawsuit against public participation) law, and I think this will get nuked before discovery.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

What a strage dude

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lmfao his lawyer is Larry Klayman

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1559705966517530626?s=21&t=iT9V77DpcR9wgImZjuIDwA

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Internet Savant posted:

Pre-swing- "I hope it goes straight"
Swing - blank, brief moment of zen
Post-swing - "aw hell, I think I'm behind a tree. Bummer"

My golf game is immeasurably better when I just think about hitting the golf ball onto the green. It's actually insane. You turn off the bit that says "you have to hit this pure" and suddenly you hit way more greens

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

It's here!

Stock headcover is boring, let's spice it up a bit

Not like I don't have a rotation I can go through lol

Think I need to add some more!

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I had myself a ceremonial changing of the bag. I've had that blue Cleveland carry bag for over a decade and it's still a damned good carry bag, but it never sat right in my pushcart. I found out the guy I get gloves from (MG) sells a decent looking cart bag for cheap, and it's pretty nice. Most cart bags weigh a ton, this one is lighter than the carry bag. Hopefully, it's Florida proof. or at least Florida resistant.

I really need to go through every pocket of my bag more often. I haven't had a drink in over a year and a half, but sure enough I found an empty plastic 5th that I had stashed in there years ago so my wife wouldn't find the empty bottle. (Don't ever let alcohol get on you as bad as it did me.) I also found new gloves, a sleeve of Vice balls I didn't know I had, some ball mark tools, and tees in every conceivable crevice :haw:

I do love this setup though. I've lost 50 pounds rolling this thing over every golf course in town.

If you zoom in real closeon the top pic, you'll see a 3-wood with a broomstick of a Fujikura shaft that I bought from someone in this thread... maybe Josh Lyman? I'll have to see if I can remember who.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 18, 2022

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mattfl posted:

It's here!

Stock headcover is boring, let's spice it up a bit

Not like I don't have a rotation I can go through lol

Dude congrats!

If you...ever have a spare you wanna sell to a goon I've always wanted to own a Scotty. I'm not picky at all. >_>

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kirios posted:

Dude congrats!

If you...ever have a spare you wanna sell to a goon I've always wanted to own a Scotty. I'm not picky at all. >_>
I, on the other hand, will only take a non-insert Newport 2 :colbert:

The Squareback looks in such good condition, so jelly!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Wow is that beautiful.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kirios posted:

Dude congrats!

If you are on facebook, there are a few Scotty buy/sell groups. That's where I got this one, for under retail.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

mattfl posted:

It's here!

That is a work of art. Wow dude.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I just got back from the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open first round and I am very surprised by how many Champions Tour players are using carts. I assumed it would be a couple people in the field but most groups of 3 players had one in a cart.

Also Miguel Angel Jimenez almost hit me with a driver on the fly on 16, I got to watch John Daly save par from under some trees on 18, and I have a yellow ProV1 thanks to John Huston hitting his drive into our VIP suite and taking a drop without wanting his ball back.

It’s the first pro tournament I’ve been to and it was cool to see it at a course that I’ve played plenty of times before. I definitely think I’ll be there for a round or two next year.

E: In a funny coincidence, the Bob Does Sports and GoodGood Golf videos today are from Pelican Hill, which is one of only two courses I’ve played in California (the other being Torrey). Definitely a very scenic and friendly resort style course although I remember water bottles being $8 from the cart girl and that was 4-5 years ago so I shudder to think what they are charging now.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 20, 2022

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Farking Bastage posted:

I had myself a ceremonial changing of the bag. I've had that blue Cleveland carry bag for over a decade and it's still a damned good carry bag, but it never sat right in my pushcart. I found out the guy I get gloves from (MG) sells a decent looking cart bag for cheap, and it's pretty nice. Most cart bags weigh a ton, this one is lighter than the carry bag. Hopefully, it's Florida proof. or at least Florida resistant.

I really need to go through every pocket of my bag more often. I haven't had a drink in over a year and a half, but sure enough I found an empty plastic 5th that I had stashed in there years ago so my wife wouldn't find the empty bottle. (Don't ever let alcohol get on you as bad as it did me.) I also found new gloves, a sleeve of Vice balls I didn't know I had, some ball mark tools, and tees in every conceivable crevice :haw:

I do love this setup though. I've lost 50 pounds rolling this thing over every golf course in town.

If you zoom in real closeon the top pic, you'll see a 3-wood with a broomstick of a Fujikura shaft that I bought from someone in this thread... maybe Josh Lyman? I'll have to see if I can remember who.

How do you like the Supra?

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

How do you like the Supra?

I don’t have enough expletives to convey how dialed that monster is. I just hope the golf bag in the back ages me enough to not get arrested 😀

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

From reddit.

https://v.redd.it/fb88phdlvyi91

This kid has an amazing swing

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

https://golf.com/news/rory-mcilroy-bizarre-incident-fan-remote-controlled-ball/

HAHA, WTF.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

abigserve posted:

My golf game is immeasurably better when I just think about hitting the golf ball onto the green. It's actually insane. You turn off the bit that says "you have to hit this pure" and suddenly you hit way more greens

In all honesty, my golf game improved a lot once I realized that I don't really need to swing that hard and that getting on the green is a lot easier from the front vs the back. That is, ending up short rather than over leaves much easier shots. Also, picking a single club for the around the green shots was huge too (think pitching wedge). I have a much better feel for very short shots.

Internet Savant fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 22, 2022

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Played a nearby course for the first time last weekend and despite hitting the ball fairly well on the second 9, the length and the punched greens killed me. All the par3's were playing around 165-175, including the front.

My good contact drives are between 225-250 with the conditions being so wet lately. Problem was, when every par 4 is 370-400+ yards, I'm hitting a 5-6 iron in on a good drive and a hybrid in on bad ones. I missed so many greens either pin high left or right. I was able to chip close, but those punch marks and topdressing made 5-10 foot putts pretty much impossible, so I'm not sweating the score too much. I hit a 206 yard laser on 13 after a lovely drive that was 8 feet from the hole and I watched that putt hit a punch mark 3" from the hole and take an immediate right turn :negative: \

Definitely playing the whites next time I go there.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
Just had one of my worst 9 holes of the year. Started off 1 over through 5 and proceeded to double the last 4 holes. The course got backed up and I just lost my game. Sucks to think through each shot I flubbed. So I bought a 19* Callaway UWood. Very curious to try it as there have been a lot of great reviews and I have not had a 5wood or a hybrid in the bag for over 10 years.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

My range session was so bad today, I didn't even finish my bucket. Just picked up my clubs and walked back to the car in disgust.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Further significant TOUR changes:

https://twitter.com/CaddieNetwork/status/1562436273586855936

And, uh, this lol, which could be a lot of fun

https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/1562450428700200961

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Interesting on both fronts. I'd guess the biggest takeaway is the guaranteed/missed cut money that players will receive.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Amazing how they just happened to find all these extra millions for the players all of a sudden. Must be a coincidence...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fully remote players being guaranteed a $500k minimum doesn’t make any sense because you need to earn more than that to keep your card. There’s also a weird situation where if you’re a bottom rung player, you could play fewer events to save on expenses and still get $500k, though this seems unlikely. Where it might come into play is if a player misses out on a large part of the season due to injury.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Hit the longest drive I've ever hit on the course today - 270m, no wind at all, unsure how far it carried but the fairways are soaked at the moment so couldn't have been too far.

I've changed my swing on my drive to let myself reach a bit further back and release and it's made a huge difference. On the other hand, I've got the opposite way with my irons, where I've moved to a more compact swing and focus on accelerating through the ball. Huge difference!

The courses here are starting to really deteriorate though due to the sheer amount of cold and rain we've had. They were so lush not 6 months ago and now it's like hitting through mud on the centre of some fairways. You hate to see it!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
https://twitter.com/TGL/status/1562483830933450753

This looks like an esports event, or a lovely gameshow.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’m not watching that poo poo haha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that’s enormous Bad Gameshow Energy

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Man Rory just having a moment

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
What a wild collapse by Scheffler today. Just couldn’t get anything going. I can’t imagine the pain of blowing a six-stroke lead to the cost of about $12 million.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Had a good (and cheapish) golf trip this weekend to the eastern WV/MD area.

Played Tygart Lake in Grafton, WV as a bit of a warm up on the way out. It was a step or two above goat track but not much more. $25 for 18 and a cart and $1.50 hot dogs though so who’s complaining?

On Friday we drove out to Moorefield, WV and played Valley View. I’ve played it a good number of times now and really enjoy it. Just the right amount of quirk and different holes. They even managed to get the crab grass off of the greens this time. Still all over the fairways tho.

Saturday was a trip to Rawlings, MD to play Fore Sisters. It’s very much a love it when I’m played well hate it when I’m not kind of course. I think there are some legitimately bad golf holes there, but a couple good ones too and if you’re getting off the tee okay you can score well.

Then today we went out to scramble Canaan Valley. I’ve played it a bunch on my own ball in the past and tbh playing it in a scramble isn’t a ton different. The holes just don’t allow for much variation in strategy. Had a great time though, played well and won on hole handicap after tying another team. It was my dad’s team though so it feels extra nice.

Bonus: 13 of the 16 guys are now old enough to get senior rates, so the three of us in our 30s always end up getting them too! Not bad.

Anyway, golf is good and fun (and also the worst) that is all

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Aggro posted:

What a wild collapse by Scheffler today. Just couldn’t get anything going. I can’t imagine the pain of blowing a six-stroke lead to the cost of about $12 million.

The story of today was Sung-Jae. That lad was playing out of his mind and unfortunately made one bad mistake with a fluff chip costing him a double-bogey, then he chokes on the 18th. By all accounts he had every right to win by two strokes today.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Had to quit after 9 today, sitting waiting on 10 to tee off as the clock crept past 2:30 for the round. No can do a five hour round.

Even through five holes, five putts, total putt distance for all five? 70 inches.

Hit approach on #1 to six inches, rolled over the hole to just miss eagle. #2 is 428 yard par 4, hit approach pin high, left of green, chipped (my old man chipper) to ten inches. #3 is a par five. Hit third shot over the green, into deep rough. Gouge it out to a foot. Hit approach on #4 to fringe over the green, chip to two feet. Par 3 #5, hit to pin high, just off the green, chip to a foot and a half.

All of that saved me because my actual putting on 6-9 sucked. Two putt from six feet, five feet and eight feet, and none were particularly close. Just blew the line on all of them.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Cam Smith officially jumped to LIV.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

PGA Tour 2k23 about to have a day 1 patch to remove a buncha people lol

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Cam Smith leaving is a huge blow.

My feel on this is; either these guys on the Liv tour are going to show up at the majors and compete, or they will all sink into obscurity.

If cam comes out and wins another major next year it's gonna be loving rough for the PGA

Anno
May 10, 2017

Cam and also kind of Joaquin suck. If the new Tour changes can limit it to basically this though I think they’ll have done relatively well for themselves, though. Could’ve been (and might still be!) a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

abigserve posted:

Cam Smith leaving is a huge blow.

My feel on this is; either these guys on the Liv tour are going to show up at the majors and compete, or they will all sink into obscurity.

If cam comes out and wins another major next year it's gonna be loving rough for the PGA

At least Cam was honest about it.

"It was obviously a business decision for one and an offer I couldn't ignore. " and "The biggest thing for me is Liv's schedule is really appealing. I'll be able to spend more time in Australia"

More pay for less work and the money is guaranteed? Yea, that's a no brainer.