Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo congrats, that's fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

Farking Bastage posted:

Going to brag a little because it’s a big deal to me :D I nearly drank and ate myself to death in 2020. Ended up in the hospital in my early 40’s with blood pressure at 220/130. I weighed 250 pounds on a 5’6” frame.

After deciding that I very much wanted to live past 40 in early 2021, I gave up the bottle got my clicgear out of the attic and sweated 70(now) pounds off after work 3-4 times a week at the local 9 hole muni on my way home.

I’m now at 175 and starting to level off some but still very much in keep up what I’m already doing and see where it takes me mode. I have golf to thank for that.

Hell, yeah.

Golf, the answer to and cause of life's problems.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Infomaniac posted:

Hell, yeah.

Golf, the answer to and cause of life's problems.

Speaking of... I just had a 41 putt round. :negative:

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
I joined another country club in Cashiers, NC. I’m in love.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Old Edwards by any chance?

If so, the Bryan Bros just filmed a bunch of videos there and the course looks absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8lsJez8Oj4

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Omerta posted:

I joined another country club in Cashiers, NC. I’m in love.

My mom lives up in Blowing Rock and sometimes I take the rural route up there and there’s tons of these just frickin’ gorgeous little mountain courses nestled everywhere. I keep meaning to come back to them.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Walked into Edwin watts. Walked out with an Odyssey blade and a set of Callaway Apex irons to replace the pings I was fit for when i was fat. :shepspends:

edit:

My hands peel this time of year. The Floridian climate is turning me into a literal reptile.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 13, 2022

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

Farking Bastage posted:

Speaking of... I just had a 41 putt round. :negative:

Wow! I hope that's a new Personal Worst. Can you at least blame recovery conditions for this?

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Shrapnig posted:

Old Edwards by any chance?

If so, the Bryan Bros just filmed a bunch of videos there and the course looks absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8lsJez8Oj4

Very close! Country Club of Sapphire Valley. I played close to all of the courses in the Cashiers area (including Wade Hampton) and CCSV was by far the favorite for me and the missus.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Had the entire course to myself yesterday and shot an 81 that I was very happy with. I’m discovering that my best golf comes in lovely weather, in this case a clear day but at 33 degrees with wind chills in the high 20s. Wore a pair of rain gloves on each hand and for whatever reason that had me holding the clubs a lot lighter and everything felt smoother in my swing. The new PXG 3W felt a lot better the couple times I used it as well.

I’m sure I’ll forget all of this when spring arrives but hey

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
I had the same revelation. Cold weather gloves and a ten finger grip and it felt really solid

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I worry that I may not be cut out for playing anything resembling competitive. I can't help myself from adjusting something after every miss. By the end of the round my swing is unrecognizable and im reverting hard back to my old swing. gently caress :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I had planned a final season round on Saturday with three other dudes and somehow managed to get a Yes from everyone which is impossible. Booked a tee time a week out, called mid-week to confirm and got confirmation that my tee time was booked, and then we all showed up to the course where the gate was closed, chained, and locked and a recorded message on the phone stating that the course was closed for the season starting today. Thanks dude!

Called another course 30 minutes away and they were open and the dude was super nice and no one was there so we had a nice cold afternoon golfing in light snow flurries there instead.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

T-Square posted:

nice cold afternoon golfing in light snow flurries there instead.

:stonklol:

As much as Florida sucks, I was golfing in my normal summer attire and sweating out a round at noon yesterday lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

mattfl posted:

:stonklol:

As much as Florida sucks, I was golfing in my normal summer attire and sweating out a round at noon yesterday lol

I had thermal leggings and jeans, a thermal undershirt, t-shirt, hoodie, and light winter jacket on. Plus a hat and mittens in the cart with hand warmers stashed in them to wear between shots lol

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I feel a little better now. Had the range to myself for an hour in a light rain and got my tempo back. My God it is so easy to revert to over the top.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

T-Square posted:

I had thermal leggings and jeans, a thermal undershirt, t-shirt, hoodie, and light winter jacket on. Plus a hat and mittens in the cart with hand warmers stashed in them to wear between shots lol

I’m golfing on Saturday and it’s supposed to be upper 30s/lower 40s. Wooooo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Played today where it felt like 32 degrees with the wind chill. Was bundled up accordingly though so it wasn’t too bad. My golf game on the other hand was too bad.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
I have a heated jacket, and it makes all the difference. I play through 30s through-out the winter. On mid temp days, I use a vest with a chemical hand warmer on the interior pocket and it's enough.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I’m quitting my league I recently joined. Their format is not fun for me. They hole out everything no exceptions and in addition to the pressure of making 3 footers that all have enough break or grain to pull it out of the hole, it makes the play so painfully slow.

I was even par first 5 holes with 1 GIR, not missing by much but making very good pitch shots. I got to hole 5 and the 4 easily over 400 pounders each in the next group had us waiting every shot while they each 3-putted then slowly waddled off the green.

I started to tighten up and pulled a par 5 tee shot into an oak tree limb that sticks out, made two great recovery shots to be 20’ from the hole. My third putt broke at a right angle when the speed dropped and rimmed itself out. So now I’m freezing, I’m too mad to swing properly, and I’m still waiting on these folks every shot.

It was 45 degrees wet and windy as hell. I left at the turn. I’m out here walking it to get fit and it just really really irked me to see those folks trundling around like a turtle taking a poo poo :mad:

e: I slept on this and realized what that league is. Miserable old fuckers that only have a chance in a putting contest which is what that game is. They don't use GHIN and freeze everyone 3 games. The highest points of the three is your number forever. After being -12 -15 -19 and -11 they won't adjust me so gently caress them. Never again in a league like that.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 21, 2022

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I was right. Played in a different group today that's not quite so serious and didn't need to take any gimmies. Played outta my mind. Made 6 putts from outside of 10 feet for pars. 100% in my head with that other bunch. My little fades are turning more and more into really pretty draws, enough to have me a little uneasy in my alignment. Especially at my tight rear end course :)

My favorite dispensary is next to the third fairway. Maybe that's helping :v:

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 26, 2022

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Farking Bastage posted:

I was right. Played in a different group today that's not quite so serious and didn't need to take any gimmies. Played outta my mind. Made 6 putts from outside of 10 feet for pars. 100% in my head with that other bunch. My little fades are turning more and more into really pretty draws, enough to have me a little uneasy in my alignment. Especially at my tight rear end course :)

My favorite dispensary is next to the third fairway. Maybe that's helping :v:

Game improves mightily when the gummy kicks in.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Pasting from mobile

Am I the only one who thinks this is toxic? I played my rear end off today and was -10 Their punctuation, not mine They loving stupid points too, 1 for double 2 for bogey 3 for par 5 for birdie and so no. Everything about this game screams to me Old Boomer's putting contest.

code:
 RULE BOOK FOR ALL 18 HOLES
AT 
GOLF COURSE

LAST UPDATED 6/15/2022
ESTABLISHING YOUR POINTS –
PLAYER MUST PLAY 3 ROUNDS, PLAYERS HIGHEST SCORE OF THE 3 THROUGH 6  ROUNDS WILL BE HIS ESTABLISHED START POINT.  IT THEN WILL BE THE AVERAGE OF THE 6 ROUNDS AND AVERAGED WITH EACH FUTURE ROUND, WITH THE 12 HIGHEST MOST RECENT ROUNDS THERE AFTER.

ALL RAINOUTS WILL REVERT BACK TO LAST 9 HOLE SCORE PLAYED, SCORES FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT BE POSTED ON YOUR POINTS DATA.

ALL RULINGS WILL BE MADE BY THE GAME DIRECTORS

SFGC BASIC RULES OF PLAY
SFGC - ALL USGA RULES APPLY, UNLESS SPECIFIED BELOW - 
IMPORTANT -JUDGMENT AS TO FAIRWAY LINE, GROUND UNDER REPAIR, CASUAL WATETR, AND USGA RULINGS MUST BE CONFIRMED BY PLAYING PARTNERS. 
"IMPROVING YOUR LIE"  -  Player’s ball may be picked up, or rolled, and placed within a scorecard of the balls location, fairway only. Our rule is simple, fairway only, ask your playing partners if you are unsure where the cutline begins or ends, or where casual water rule applies.
“ALL SHOTS THAT ENTER AND REMAIN IN THE BUNKER” -  Player’s ball may be picked up and placed no closer to the hole within one scoreboard. 
”TAKING RELIEF OR DROP”  -  When a player encounters a situation in which he deems relief is necessary, and a drop or free relief is necessitated; he MUST request assistance from his group in determining free relief.  If the group is unsure, play two balls and ask the game administrator after play is over for a ruling. All unplayable relief not deemed “free relief” is assessed a stroke.
“SCORING”-  Allplayers must DECLARE SCORE AFTER HOLING OUT ON EACH HOLE. There will be duplicate scoring for all players within your group. It is preferred that score on top and points on bottom, and circle all birdies. 1 CARD TURNED IN TO GAME DIRECTOR WITH ALL PLAYERS INITIALING TO VALIDATE.

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES
*** WET CONDITIONS ONLY ***
WHEN IT IS DECLARED "CART PATH ONLY THROUGHOUT THE COURSE" BY THE CLUBHOUSE, ALL GOLFERS MAY LIFT CLEAN AND PLACE "ALL AREAS", THROUGHOUT THE GOLF COURSE.

==================================================
1ST HOLE / PAR 4
 Any drainage rock beds off cart paths are a free relief area. Nearest relief no closer to hole.
2nd HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole has a free relief area located on the right. The ditch area where the rocks are present under the first few oak trees on the right. Nearest relief no closer to hole.

3rd HOLE / PAR 5
 This hole has no free relief areas.
4TH HOLE / PAR 4
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right fairway/rough line. This is the wash out area to the left of the oak tree just past the 150 marker. In addition there are rocks and deep holes front edge of the pond that allow for fee relief.
5th HOLE / PAR 3
 This hole is “cart path only” always.
The lift, clean, and place, only applies when the entire course is declared cart path only. 
Any ball that ends up under the oak tree on the left, in the flower bed may be moved out to nearest free relief, no closer to the hole.
6th HOLE / PAR 5
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right side of the fairway/rough. It is considered the washout to the left of the pines only. 
7th HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole is cart path only (temporarly)
This is the only hole where you can lift clean and place through the green any time.
 This hole has a free relief arealocated on the left side of the cart path washout area past the 150 marker. Nearest point no closer to the hole.
8th HOLE / PAR 3
The lift, clean, and place, only applies when the entire course is declared cart path only. 
Any ball that finds the wiregrass beds in front of the tee or green may receive nearest free reliefno closer to the hole. Any drainage rook beds off cart paths are a free relief area. Nearest relief no closer to hole.
9th HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole has no free reliefareas unless specified below.
 The wooden fence to the right of hole #9 bordering the cart barn area defines Out of Bounds. If players ball goes through opening it is deemed out of bounds, and must re-tee. If the ball is up against the fence. The player's options are to play the ball as lies or declare an unplayable lie and take relief within 2 club lengths with a one stroke penalty.
Any drainage rook beds off cart paths are a free relief area. Nearest relief no closer to hole.

10th HOLE / PAR 4
 When this hole is ”cart path only”.
A player may lift clean and place through the green.
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right side rough this is the old cart path. There are also washout areas.  Nearest point no closer to the hole.
11th HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right under the tree area. It is considered the old cart path where any wash out, concrete, or asphalt are present.
12TH HOLE / PAR 3
Any ball that lands in the hazard may be played from there. If deemed unplayable, A drop area has been designated.  The drop area is at the end of the grass line, with closest line of site to the center of the green, that is not over the waterline, and within 2 club lengths from the number 12 cart path. Ball maybe placed by player. Player will play his 3rd shot from there.  

13TH HOLE / PAR 5
 When only this hole is “cart path only”.
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the left. It is considered the old cart path where any wash out, concrete, or asphalt are present. 
14th HOLE / PAR 4
15th HOLE / PAR 4
This hole has no free relief areas.
16th HOLE / PAR 5
 When this hole is “cart path only”.

This hole has a free relief arealocated on the left. It is considered the old cart path where any wash out, concrete, or asphalt are present.
17th HOLE / PAR 3
 Any ball that finds the grass flower beds on the left of the green, player may receive nearest free reliefno closer to the hole.
18th HOLE / PAR 4
 Any ball that finds the grass flower beds on the right, beside 17th Tee and/or the grass flower beds on the left side rough up near the green, player may receive nearest free reliefno closer to the hole. 

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 28, 2022

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
What part is toxic?

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I got a couple lucky birdies and they set me at 41 points. I played WELL today and was -9. My previous scores have been -19 -11 -13 and no one seems to think my handicap might be off. The pace of play is maddening because there are no gimmies, not even 6". 5 hour round every time.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 28, 2022

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Farking Bastage posted:

Pasting from mobile

Am I the only one who thinks this is toxic? I played my rear end off today and was -10 Their punctuation, not mine They loving stupid points too, 1 for double 2 for bogey 3 for par 5 for birdie and so no. Everything about this game screams to me Old Boomer's putting contest.

code:
 RULE BOOK FOR ALL 18 HOLES
AT 
GOLF COURSE

LAST UPDATED 6/15/2022
ESTABLISHING YOUR POINTS –
PLAYER MUST PLAY 3 ROUNDS, PLAYERS HIGHEST SCORE OF THE 3 THROUGH 6  ROUNDS WILL BE HIS ESTABLISHED START POINT.  IT THEN WILL BE THE AVERAGE OF THE 6 ROUNDS AND AVERAGED WITH EACH FUTURE ROUND, WITH THE 12 HIGHEST MOST RECENT ROUNDS THERE AFTER.

ALL RAINOUTS WILL REVERT BACK TO LAST 9 HOLE SCORE PLAYED, SCORES FOR THAT DAY WILL NOT BE POSTED ON YOUR POINTS DATA.

ALL RULINGS WILL BE MADE BY THE GAME DIRECTORS

SFGC BASIC RULES OF PLAY
SFGC - ALL USGA RULES APPLY, UNLESS SPECIFIED BELOW - 
IMPORTANT -JUDGMENT AS TO FAIRWAY LINE, GROUND UNDER REPAIR, CASUAL WATETR, AND USGA RULINGS MUST BE CONFIRMED BY PLAYING PARTNERS. 
"IMPROVING YOUR LIE"  -  Player’s ball may be picked up, or rolled, and placed within a scorecard of the balls location, fairway only. Our rule is simple, fairway only, ask your playing partners if you are unsure where the cutline begins or ends, or where casual water rule applies.
“ALL SHOTS THAT ENTER AND REMAIN IN THE BUNKER” -  Player’s ball may be picked up and placed no closer to the hole within one scoreboard. 
”TAKING RELIEF OR DROP”  -  When a player encounters a situation in which he deems relief is necessary, and a drop or free relief is necessitated; he MUST request assistance from his group in determining free relief.  If the group is unsure, play two balls and ask the game administrator after play is over for a ruling. All unplayable relief not deemed “free relief” is assessed a stroke.
“SCORING”-  Allplayers must DECLARE SCORE AFTER HOLING OUT ON EACH HOLE. There will be duplicate scoring for all players within your group. It is preferred that score on top and points on bottom, and circle all birdies. 1 CARD TURNED IN TO GAME DIRECTOR WITH ALL PLAYERS INITIALING TO VALIDATE.

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES
*** WET CONDITIONS ONLY ***
WHEN IT IS DECLARED "CART PATH ONLY THROUGHOUT THE COURSE" BY THE CLUBHOUSE, ALL GOLFERS MAY LIFT CLEAN AND PLACE "ALL AREAS", THROUGHOUT THE GOLF COURSE.

==================================================
1ST HOLE / PAR 4
 Any drainage rock beds off cart paths are a free relief area. Nearest relief no closer to hole.
2nd HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole has a free relief area located on the right. The ditch area where the rocks are present under the first few oak trees on the right. Nearest relief no closer to hole.

3rd HOLE / PAR 5
4TH HOLE / PAR 4
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right fairway/rough line. This is the wash out area to the left of the oak tree just past the 150 marker. In addition there are rocks and deep holes front edge of the pond that allow for fee relief.
5th HOLE / PAR 3
Any ball that ends up under the oak tree on the left, in the flower bed may be moved out to nearest free relief, no closer to the hole.
6th HOLE / PAR 5
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right side of the fairway/rough. It is considered the washout to the left of the pines only. 
7th HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole is cart path only (temporarly)
This is the only hole where you can lift clean and place through the green any time.
 This hole has a free relief arealocated on the left side of the cart path washout area past the 150 marker. Nearest point no closer to the hole.
8th HOLE / PAR 3
Any ball that finds the wiregrass beds in front of the tee or green may receive nearest free reliefno closer to the hole. Any drainage rook beds off cart paths are a free relief area. Nearest relief no closer to hole.
9th HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole has no free reliefareas unless specified below.
 The wooden fence to the right of hole #9 bordering the cart barn area defines Out of Bounds. If players ball goes through opening it is deemed out of bounds, and must re-tee. If the ball is up against the fence. The player's options are to play the ball as lies or declare an unplayable lie and take relief within 2 club lengths with a one stroke penalty.
Any drainage rook beds off cart paths are a free relief area. Nearest relief no closer to hole.

10th HOLE / PAR 4
 When this hole is ”cart path only”.
This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right side rough this is the old cart path. There are also washout areas.  Nearest point no closer to the hole.
11th HOLE / PAR 4
 This hole has a free relief arealocated on the right under the tree area. It is considered the old cart path where any wash out, concrete, or asphalt are present.
12TH HOLE / PAR 3
Any ball that lands in the hazard may be played from there. If deemed unplayable, A drop area has been designated.  The drop area is at the end of the grass line, with closest line of site to the center of the green, that is not over the waterline, and within 2 club lengths from the number 12 cart path. Ball maybe placed by player. Player will play his 3rd shot from there.  

13TH HOLE / PAR 5
 When only this hole is “cart path only”.
14th HOLE / PAR 4
15th HOLE / PAR 4
This hole has no free relief areas.
16th HOLE / PAR 5
 When this hole is “cart path only”.

17th HOLE / PAR 3
 Any ball that finds the grass flower beds on the left of the green, player may receive nearest free reliefno closer to the hole.
18th HOLE / PAR 4
 Any ball that finds the grass flower beds on the right, beside 17th Tee and/or the grass flower beds on the left side rough up near the green, player may receive nearest free reliefno closer to the hole. 

gently caress all this poo poo, dude.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That doesn’t sound toxic but it sounds very tiring to deal with

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Farking Bastage posted:

I got a couple lucky birdies and they set me at 41 points. I played WELL today and was -9. My previous scores have been -19 -11 -13 and no one seems to think my handicap might be off. The pace of play is maddening because there are no gimmies, not even 6". 5 hour round every time.

Have you considered that you just don't like golf?

Every post you make here is so overwhelmingly negative, I can't see how you're actually enjoying being on the golf course.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Honestly that game and its members remove all fun for me. I’m about about $150 into this between annual dues (60) and 10/game to be grossly mis-handicapped and play in that format when the greens are stimping at 14 and grainy as gently caress. I am not capable of making anything inside 2 feet under pressure unless it’s just piss luck.

Golf’s not a lot of fun when you’re donating to an elderly putt putt Ponzi scheme.

I’ll shut up now :(

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 28, 2022

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Farking Bastage posted:

Honestly that game and its members remove all fun for me. I’m about about $150 into this between annual dues (60) and 10/game to be grossly mis-handicapped and play in that format when the greens are stimping at 14 and grainy as gently caress. I am not capable of making anything inside 2 feet under pressure unless it’s just piss luck.

Golf’s not a lot of fun when you’re donating to an elderly putt putt Ponzi scheme.

I’ll shut up now :(

It seems like an easy solution to just stop playing that game then. :shrug:

Or practice putting more and stop getting beat by some old men.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously FB I would get well clear of that because it's clearly driving you nuts and you're just going to hate golf more for it

write off the $150 and wash your hands of it. you'll feel a lot better in the long run.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Find a new club or group.

I bailed mine this season (after 10) since they refuse to not tee off at 1pm (under the guise of price) in the loving summer here when it's 90+ and blazing out between May and October (inland NorCal).
Plus they play the same dumb resort courses over and over again since they are easy to get tourneys at (especially at 1pm in the summer). :argh:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
No gimmies is pretty common if you've got multiple groups playing in the same competition, it prevents collusion, even if the collusion is unintentional. I don't think you're outright trying to cheat but if you've got one group doing gimmies at 2 feet or in and another group doing them at 36 inches and another group is all drinking buddies and they're just eyeballing things it'd be a pretty uneven competition.

and that scoring is standard stableford it sounds like? can't speak to the handicapping.

but yeah biggest thing is if you're not enjoying how they do things, don't do things with them

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Don't play "competitive" golf unless it's basically straight USGA rules. The in-crowd will always have a way to tilt matches, and if you're TRYING to win, TRYING to shoot low and it matters to you, it's not fun.

Our club in Virginia had a bunch of tournaments thru the year. Red white and blue (6 holes from each tee box, your choice), that kind of thing. But, the baseline was 80% of your handicap. So, a 10 handicapper got 8 strokes, losing 2, but a 20 handicapper got 16 strokes, losing 4. Low handicappers always won.

I stopped keeping an official handicap when they changed the rule to require every round be attested. I play solo, so that requires you to get strangers to "sign your card" and it wasn't worth it. Since then, my handicap has dropped a couple of strokes from about 9 to about 7 (I generally track my scores and occasionally take a look where I'd be) because I don't care anymore. I still putt out (but if my group kicks back my 2 footer, it's not a big deal anymore), i accurately count penalties, I don't do mulligans. I also have a much, much better time now.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Thanks guys. I’ve had some mental health challenges and my barometer for what is and is not a bad situation has never been accurate.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
There's nothing I hate more than house rules. This isn't loving monopoly. Breakfast balls are for bullshit games with your wife and hung over best friend. If there's money or pride on the line, by god, we're going to play the ball where it lies.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I completely agree. Conversely, if there's nothing on the line, then do whatever the hell you want who cares.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Farking Bastage posted:

Thanks guys. I’ve had some mental health challenges and my barometer for what is and is not a bad situation has never been accurate.

It's all good dude. For what it's worth, I genuinely enjoy following your (and everyone else here's) journey in this stupid game, so I appreciate you posting your ups and downs because we've all been through similar poo poo at one point or another.

The last 12 months have been by far the most "successful" in my golfing career, in terms of winning tournaments, skins money, getting my handicap down to a +1 for the first time, ...etc. and I've had at least 2 moments during that time where I legitimately wanted to quit forever because I had a stretch of lovely rounds or forgot how to putt or whatever... It happens.

My one piece of advice for you though is that if you do want to play any kind of competitive golf, even if it's just a relatively casual beer league, you're going to have to get over the whole not putting out thing. Any golf competition that allows gimmies and isn't match play that's contained to only your foursome is bullshit and is going to result in 1000x more cheating than anything you think is going on with the rules you posted here.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Sort of a brain dump, but I can't stop analyzing where I went so wrong to score that badly.

1. P4 317 hit fairway a bit longer than intended between wedges missed right two putts. bogey
2. P4 391(and 25 feet uphill) hit fairway but 20 yards short 185 approach into bunker out and in. par
3. P5 510 hit fairway shanked layup, overcooked punch, miss pitch right, chip to two feet, in. bogey
4. P4 285 water in front perfect tee shot to 100y approach rolled off back of green, chip to 18" in. par
5. P3 161 couple yards short of the green, chip inside 24" and in. par
6. P5 469 dogleg right hit fairway but short of corner, punched to 200 yards, landed front fringe, chip close and in. par
7. P4 325 severe dogleg left, tee shot center cut, lie is sharply downhill pulled wedge left, chipped close, 3 putts. double
8. P3 135 short, chipped close and missed. bogey
9. p4 dogleg left huge hill, missed fairway left, made a beautiful recovery shot to the front fringe, chipped to 3-4 feet three putts. double
10p4 308 tee shot to 100y stuck it 10 feet lagged it to 6". par
11 P4 389(into 20 kt wind)dogleg left lined with trees hit fairway short of corner, recovery shot to front chip and 3 putts. double
12 P3 121 over water missed left chip fairly close 3 putts. double
13 P5 475 uphill dogleg left bomb tee shot, bomb second shot, approach on wrong tier, pin on a severe slope 4 putts. double
14 P4 360 downhill dogleg right(slicer's dream) tried to lay up short to a flat lie, hosed that up, attempted to hit elevated green sand in front water behind from 175 yards, missed to front slope chip and 3 putts. double
15 P4 294 uphill houses left water right sloped elevated green tee shot too long into a 20kt wind approach hit false front 5' from pin and rolled 20 feet down an embankment, hit a miracle flop to fringe way above my head 8' from hole 3 putted. double
16 P5 494 perfect tee shot, perfect second shot, wind stopped approach short to wrong tier of the green chip and 3 putts. double
17 P3 205 narrow as gently caress into 25 knot wind missed short pitched on 2 putts. bogey
18 P4 348 lined with oaks green surrounded by oaks including two in front tee shot too long stuck in front of left oak punched out pitched on lagged 10" and in. bogey

I missed two fairways on a course that gives you about this much room to fit a 250 yard shot(looking back at the #6 tee box)

Every putt I mark, align and hit, no skipped steps. I can't make anything under pressure. One miss was 12". I put the ball down, aligned the left edge of the cup because it was breaking hit my line and it hits the left edge and spits the ball out 3 feet away. Am I hosed in the head for feeling like a complete choke artist? The more it happens the madder I get until my hands are physically shaking on the course. This can't be right to feel like that.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Farking Bastage posted:

If it doesn’t make you happy or doesn’t make you money don’t gently caress around with it.

Day one of Arizona golf trip: shot a 93 on the Boulders South course. What i get for only playing 7 rounds this year. Playing the North course tomorrow, hopefully I can keep it in the fairway because i was bombing the poo poo out of everything in the bag.