Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
That owns and you own for doing it. You've shown me that just because you have a putter cover doesn't mean you have to stop buying more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I need to get one more to fill in that bottom shelf.

BTW, if anyone is thinking of doing this, because it is actually a cool display piece, these are the "shelves" I'm using

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002RVMJE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically just a 7 post rack thing. I got the idea from someone on golfwrx who did something similar with an Ikea hat rack thing but I couldn't find that anymore.

Also, this guy owns

I have a feeling his is are real though lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

Also, this guy owns

holy poo poo

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

BTW, if anyone is thinking of doing this, because it is actually a cool display piece, these are the "shelves" I'm using

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002RVMJE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically just a 7 post rack thing. I got the idea from someone on golfwrx who did something similar with an Ikea hat rack thing but I couldn't find that anymore.

Also, this guy owns

Is that Pure741?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that Pure741?

Apparently it's this dude

https://twitter.com/travc79/status/702268318552489984

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That is a sickness

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Good round on a bad course today. Had some real neck pain lately, making me hit tons of thin shots. Mostly resolved today. Couple bad tee shots, never cost more than 1 stroke, and most not even a stroke. Lipped out 3 short birdie putts, two mid length par putts.

Go on as a single, get connected with another single. Try not to make quick judgment of dude in flat brimmed hat, blue jeans and tshirt. Turns out to be a good guy, no problems with etiquette, quiet when I hit, plays ready golf. But, terrible golfer. Doesn't know he's terrible. Hits bad shot after bad shot, always talks about what minor adjustment he needs to make to correct the problem. He is so, so wrong. "Just got this new 3 wood I'm going to try." It's a 3 hybrid. He keeps playing it like it's a 3 wood, and is really disappointed on "good" shots when it's shorter than his old 3 wood. I mentioned, three or four times, "that really looks like a hybrid." He's never honestly broken 100 in his life, but he's "pretty sure" he shot a 45 or 46 on the front even though he's not keeping score. He plays Pro V1s.

The 4 ball of older women in front of us offer to let us play through...I say, "Yes, thank you." We have hit to the green, we go putt out and go to next tee, where the women have not finished teeing off (par 5). The last one hits, and they drive off, never looking back. We figure they'll move out of our way. Nope, they never look back, and play out the next 5 holes without ever acknowledging us. Teeing off on 10, I hear them, on the patio, say, "They should have played through when we offered." I think they wanted us to skip the hole we were on and go straight to the tee box....never heard of that before.

So, we invite the two ball behind us who has now caught up to join us. 65 year old man and his MOTHER. Nice folks, again great on the etiquette, but she never hit a ball further than 100 yards. He would stop 20 yards behind his ball, or hers, and then go to ball, hit, then walk back or wait for his MOTHER to walk up and walk back, never went to get her.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

Also, this guy owns

That wall probably cost more than all of the money I've put into golf since I started playing.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

That wall probably cost more than all of the money I've put into golf since I started playing.

That wall probably costs more than most peoples cars lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I’m so happy my $10 AliExpress knockoff is on his wall. The interior is actually really high quality with an AM&E tag sewn in. The outside stitching is good too.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 16, 2018

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I’m so happy my $10 AliExpress knockoff is on his wall. The interior is actually really high quality with an AM&E tag sewn in. The outside stitching is good too.

Nice! Did you actually get it on ali? I can't find them on there anymore, guess they've started to really crack down on Ali with knockoffs. DHGate has been my go to lately but I've got most of the ones on there lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

Nice! Did you actually get it on ali? I can't find them on there anymore, guess they've started to really crack down on Ali with knockoffs. DHGate has been my go to lately but I've got most of the ones on there lol
Yeah I got mine on Ali, probably at least a year ago now. It was fairly difficult to search for iirc.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I don't even have a putter cover. Don't tempt me haha

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Halo14 posted:

I don't even have a putter cover. Don't tempt me haha

Dooooooooooooooo it! lol

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I want a neat mallet putter cover (Taylormade Spider). Do they sell creative ones to fit these, too?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kameh posted:

I want a neat mallet putter cover (Taylormade Spider). Do they sell creative ones to fit these, too?

Yes :)

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=putter+cover+mallet&catalog=#Homesearch201403

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Brandt Snedeker started with a bogey and shot a 59 including a 176-yard second shot hole out on 6. There are some people out on the course but he’s going to end up with around a 5-shot lead after day one of the event.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
If you want to see all of the holes at the Pebble Beach Golf course (instead of only like the same 5 holes over and over again like the yearly tour broadcast) go record the US Amateur tonight on Fox Sports FS1 (150 on Dish).

It's on over the weekend as well on the regular Fox channel.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 17, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

You guys are tempting me into buying the gaudiest ugliest Circle T knockoff headcover I can find for my Cleveland putter.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

You guys are tempting me into buying the gaudiest ugliest Circle T knockoff headcover I can find for my Cleveland putter.

do it

do it

why haven't you done it already

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

Doooooooooooo it!

You need like 3 different ones too

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

suprfli6 eat the eggs buy the covers

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Lmfao if you don't have at least 2 stupid headcovers on your clubs. Just lmfao

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Capco posted:

Lmfao if you don't have at least 2 stupid headcovers on your clubs. Just lmfao

My driver headcover agrees

He gets all the cart girls complements lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

it's 10:25AM and suprfli6 still hasn't bought those head covers

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone want this guy for like $10 which will cover the priority shipping? I got him extra in one of my orders and already got this one

https://imgur.com/a/MZruCLX

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Boco_T posted:

Brandt Snedeker started with a bogey and shot a 59 including a 176-yard second shot hole out on 6. There are some people out on the course but he’s going to end up with around a 5-shot lead after day one of the event.

edit: I'm an idiot that was looking at the wrong day.

Also that hole out was directly in the cup I believe right? I love that poo poo.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

BonoMan posted:

edit: I'm an idiot that was looking at the wrong day.

Also that hole out was directly in the cup I believe right? I love that poo poo.
Yeah nothing but net
https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1030238241855696896

mattfl posted:

Does anyone want this guy for like $10 which will cover the priority shipping? I got him extra in one of my orders and already got this one

https://imgur.com/a/MZruCLX

As someone who has gone from "playing golf video games for 20 years" to "watching golf on TV again" to "going to Topgolf" to "buying literally the cheapest $114 full set of golf clubs off Amazon" over the last like 4 months, this thing looks wild and I will pay you $10 for it

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 17, 2018

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Boco_T posted:

Yeah nothing but net
https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1030238241855696896

As someone who has gone from "playing golf video games for 20 years" to "watching golf on TV again" to "going to Topgolf" to "buying literally the cheapest $114 full set of golf clubs off Amazon" over the last like 4 months, this thing looks wild and I will pay you $10 for it

Shoot me an email. Mattfl @ Gmail and we’ll get it worked out.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Boco_T posted:

And he missed like a 2 footer for another birdie. Dude could've theoretically shot a 57.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Love 2 1/2 hour saturday morning rounds. Me and my bro got out early, we were the 3rd group off after 2 foursomes and when we'd catch them they actually let us play through! Finished in just under 2 1/2 hours! Starting to get the feel of this new putter and finally sinking some putts.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

mattfl posted:

Shoot me an email. Mattfl @ Gmail and we’ll get it worked out.
Sent you a message just now, sorry I forgot to send it last night

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Boco_T posted:

Sent you a message just now, sorry I forgot to send it last night

No worries, got it :)

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
step off brent snedecker opie lookin rear end, screw you da points and your thousand step pre shot routine, lets go c t pan

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Boco_T posted:

step off brent snedecker opie lookin rear end, screw you da points and your thousand step pre shot routine, lets go c t pan

Dude opened witha bogey, shot a 59, and never stumbled along the way. Hard to imagine a more deserving winner this year.

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
Just got my schedule for September and I ended up with the last 6 days of the month off. My girlfriend and I bought tickets to Saturday of the Ryder Cup, any other US golf goons going?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My Wednesday league was rained out for the fifth time in six weeks last night. I’ve still played on three of those days but my league is full of guys who are apparently terrified of water. It’s been a crazy August, by far the wettest I can remember. Looking forward to crisp sunny fall days when the ball actually rolls a bit in the fairway.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Suprfli6 posted:

My Wednesday league was rained out for the fifth time in six weeks last night. I’ve still played on three of those days but my league is full of guys who are apparently terrified of water. It’s been a crazy August, by far the wettest I can remember. Looking forward to crisp sunny fall days when the ball actually rolls a bit in the fairway.

Complete opposite here in Sydney. Dams on our course are the lowest I've seen them and they're huge capacity. Supposed to rain this weekend but I've probably jinxed it by typing this.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Please give us some rain in the PNW, it's like golfing in Silent Hill around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Another forgettable Thirsday for Tiger.