Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I kind of miss golf with no fans. Kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Douchebag posted:

I kind of miss golf with no fans. Kind of.

GET IN THE HOLLLLLEEEEEE!

You’re welcome.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
This final round is insane but jesus h loving christ Xander wtf was that

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Koepka.

edit: Bad announcing. No, Koepka does not look nonplussed at the final group. He barely looks like he knows they're playing.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 7, 2021

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Xander on 17 was quite the relatable feeling. When you know it's off the planet as soon as the club makes contact...

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Dr. Capco posted:

Xander on 17 was quite the relatable feeling. When you know it's off the planet as soon as the club makes contact...

Speith's shot was more a microcosm of golf.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Golfs fuckin back. That was a good tourney and even though I’m sure a million folks are gonna die from it, it was nice to hear a crowd.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I play with my golf league partner on his GC Quad twice a week in the winter. According to the machine, I swing all my irons and hybrids Inside out 1 to 5 degrees, which is right where I want it. Driver is over the top 3 to 5 degrees. Any ideas?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Today's weather forecast: 32 degrees at 8 (tee time was 7:57). 40 degrees at 9, 45 at 10, high if 48.

Arrive at course at 7:40, temperature, 12 degrees. Ask Google for the weather: The temperature in Lakewood is 12 degrees. With wind, it feels like 4 degrees. Today's high is 45 degrees with a low of 12.

I chose to cancel. Predicted frost delay was 2 hours.

At my house, 3000 feet higher than the course, it is 37 degrees. Go figure.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Daric posted:

I’ve been working on a side business making custom ballmarkers. I had the manufacturer make me a set of a design I’m not planning to sell just to see the quality and they came in this morning. I’m very happy with them, now I just need to go ahead and order the designs I actually am planning to sell.

Update on this:
Found a designer who is crushing every character I've thrown at him so as soon as the factories open back up on the 18th, I'll be ordering my first few sets. I set up an instagram account, a shopify site, and bought a domain so I can't wait to get products in hand and take some photos to share. The first character to be turned into a marker was always going to be inevitable:

I'm not going to promise it'll make half your 3 putts disappear but it can't hurt to try

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Daric posted:

Update on this:
Found a designer who is crushing every character I've thrown at him so as soon as the factories open back up on the 18th, I'll be ordering my first few sets. I set up an instagram account, a shopify site, and bought a domain so I can't wait to get products in hand and take some photos to share. The first character to be turned into a marker was always going to be inevitable:

I'm not going to promise it'll make half your 3 putts disappear but it can't hurt to try

I don't even play golf anymore but Imma buy a set

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daric posted:

if you don't put exactly this in the product description on your site/IG i will be SO MAD at you

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

DJExile posted:

if you don't put exactly this in the product description on your site/IG i will be SO MAD at you

Haha that was definitely the plan.

I think I can create discount codes on Shopify so when I get it all set up I'll offer a goon discount of course.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Make a golf marker of Rib Kid and Barnacle Jim, tia

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I'll buy a thanos marker 100%

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
It’s good to hear that there might be some interest so I really appreciate y’all, whether you end up buying one or not. I’m excited to get them in hand and get going.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Played in my first social competition as half of a 2 person team playing stableford (had never heard of it before) and got 3rd, one point behind 1st/2nd who tied scores. Was a fun day, they invited me back in a fortnight for their next comp which was nice and I think I’ll go.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not saying I'm wildly jealous of my parents, but they're down in Florida right now and my mom just had her THIRD ace of her career. Meanwhile we're buried in snow up here and the wind chill is 7.

:manning:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

DJExile posted:

I'm not saying I'm wildly jealous of my parents, but they're down in Florida right now and my mom just had her THIRD ace of her career. Meanwhile we're buried in snow up here and the wind chill is 7.

:manning:

That's awesome!

It's 80 degrees here and my birthday, but I left my clubs in my fiance's car after going to the range yesterday so my plan of playing today is out the window. Supposed to pour tomorrow and drop back down into the 30s this weekend.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well this week has been interesting. I joined a private club yesterday.

It's small, 18 holes and it's just golf. There's a small clubhouse with a couple locker rooms and a kitchen, nothing fancy. But it's only $150 a month for unlimited play, no greens fees, no tee times just walk up and play whenever you want. You do still have to pay for a cart if you want one or you can drop another $90/month and get unlimited cart access too. I like to walk so I imagine I'll be spending most of my time walking 9 after I finish work for the day. There's only 250 members and they said that's about their cap, they try not to get above 300, so I'm not sure how the financials work out but it's a very laid back place. I unfortunately picked the week where it is supposed to literally freeze (for Houston that is an extreme rarity) so I won't get to play until next weekend at the earliest. I can't wait though, I haven't been this excited about something in a long time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daric posted:

It's small, 18 holes and it's just golf. There's a small clubhouse with a couple locker rooms and a kitchen, nothing fancy. But it's only $150 a month for unlimited play, no greens fees, no tee times just walk up and play whenever you want. You do still have to pay for a cart if you want one or you can drop another $90/month and get unlimited cart access too. I like to walk so I imagine I'll be spending most of my time walking 9 after I finish work for the day. There's only 250 members and they said that's about their cap, they try not to get above 300, so I'm not sure how the financials work out but it's a very laid back place. I unfortunately picked the week where it is supposed to literally freeze (for Houston that is an extreme rarity) so I won't get to play until next weekend at the earliest. I can't wait though, I haven't been this excited about something in a long time.

It's a legit awesome feeling. I haven't regretted my membership at all in the last few years. Being able to just walk on and go at my leisure is the best. Doubly so in the late fall when most of our members don't go out at all and I get the whole course to myself.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

DJExile posted:

It's a legit awesome feeling. I haven't regretted my membership at all in the last few years. Being able to just walk on and go at my leisure is the best. Doubly so in the late fall when most of our members don't go out at all and I get the whole course to myself.

God that sounds amazing. The time I want to play the most is always when I get finished with work at 3-4pm and my fiance still has a few hours left. She's tired of me milling around the house making noise so to be able to just leave and go play golf on a whim while still making it back in time for dinner is something I've wanted for a long time. I have 4 friends that are members there currently and a few others that are now looking at it so I know I'll be able to find a game whenever I want but what I really enjoy is just walking with my push cart, listening to music and drinking canned Pinot by myself.

Plus, it's a family membership so my fiance who's learning can come play without feeling like she's in anyone's way or that we wasted money paying for her greens fees when she's just going to pick up on every hole.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Daric posted:

That sounds awesome. I would definitely pay $150 for that.

I am extremely not interested in any other part of the country club life except the easy golf, this place sounds perfect.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
When Patrick Reed loses his Nike clothing deal, you love to see it

Edit: I ended up with a ton of jackets, sweaters, and quarter zips plus a few polos, a few brand new pairs of pants, and 10 hats. Crazy how much gear they get for free.

Daric fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 12, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

It's been awhile since I've seen a pro legit top a ball off of a tee.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1360640939556036613

Anno fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 13, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/1360721172149723144

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gat drat

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Anno posted:

It's been awhile since I've seen a pro legit top a ball off of a tee.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1360640939556036613

I got a 9 on that hole!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Daric posted:

When Patrick Reed loses his Nike clothing deal, you love to see it

Edit: I ended up with a ton of jackets, sweaters, and quarter zips plus a few polos, a few brand new pairs of pants, and 10 hats. Crazy how much gear they get for free.

LMK if you have any large clothing / sz 36 pants you wanna sell for cheap.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I don’t, kessler and I are around the same size so I get all of his extra stuff. None of our other friends can fit a medium.

I also got to play at the club I joined for the first time on Sunday. We unfortunately got smashed by that freezer here in Houston so we lost power, water, and cell service for most of last week. I actually just got water back on last night after not having it since last Tuesday.

The club is great. It’s so laid back. You just roll up, write your name in the book in the pro shop so they know you’re out there, and go play. I’m going to walk 9 after work today by myself. There’s no beverage cart though so you gotta make sure you’re stocked up before you head out.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Hearing Tiger was in a bad car accident? Wife texted me a TMZ article. No details other than single car and they needed the jaws to get him out.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Douchebag posted:

Hearing Tiger was in a bad car accident? Wife texted me a TMZ article. No details other than single car and they needed the jaws to get him out.

https://twitter.com/LASDHQ/status/1364295974961573889?s=20

From the Sherrifs Department.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :stare:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The picture of the crash doesn’t look great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'd imagine any crash that requires the drat jaws of life wouldn't :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Possibly in surgery for leg injuries...

Yikes

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

wait what the hell's going on? is he stable at least?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

RCarr posted:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1364301047221653507?s=20

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Tiger going off the side of the road: "Kobe!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I don't understand how you can have Tiger Woods money and not have a driver at all times. Especially with Tiger's drug+driving history. So stupid.