Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I would, in the words of Ice-Cube "Be hesitant"

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Petey posted:

I was going to say, I thought I had recently read a review of the Kirkland balls saying they were a big step down in quality now.

Kirklands get scuffed very quickly. I take big rips off the cover and don’t have anything approaching a fast swing.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Big Beef City posted:

What I was really hoping for was that one of the 2020/21 "Extreme game improvement Irons" series from various manufacturers, or even just "game improvement" iron sets would feature a 2 Iron, and none do. None offer a 'single club' purchase option above a 4 iron, expecting the modern player to be loaded with hybrids.

I had to turn to ye olde cavity backs of ill repute and trudge through some stuff. You can get 2's of various major manufacturers if you want to get ice-cold blades as part of a set, but good luck if you're interested in a particular maker's set of irons of any sort, sub $2k, even offering a 2, let alone selling it as a single.

So. Into the great wide open...

e: anyway it was a

Lazrus 2 Iron
KBS Tour 90 Iron shaft
Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

You don't want a 2i that's part of a standard iron set. You want what's referred to as a utility or driving iron, which typically come in 2i lofts. All of the major manufacturers offer a few versions of these as stand alone irons meant to replace hybrids and 5w/7ws.

I ditched my last hybrid 2 years ago for a Titleist UDI 2i and have never looked back.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I should really demo some 2 irons - I've tried my friend's 510 and absolutely loved it. I swing it better than my hybrid.

What do you guys think - graphite or steel shaft for a utility iron? I personally really liked it in a graphite shaft - felt like I was sailing that thing 220 yards on a dime...didn't feel like I lost too much accuracy.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Daric posted:

I don’t want to self promote too much but I launched my site at 12 and immediately got 11 orders. It’s a very exciting day for me.

Just made a purchase, they all look awesome!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kirios posted:

I should really demo some 2 irons - I've tried my friend's 510 and absolutely loved it. I swing it better than my hybrid.

What do you guys think - graphite or steel shaft for a utility iron? I personally really liked it in a graphite shaft - felt like I was sailing that thing 220 yards on a dime...didn't feel like I lost too much accuracy.
Even pros use graphite in their utility irons.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Douchebag posted:

Just made a purchase, they all look awesome!

Awesome! I really appreciate it.

My initial plan was to stagger the releases like a week apart but I was concerned that people would look at the first one, not like it, and then not come back later when I had other stuff so I dropped all 3 at once. That left me in a predicament though where now I've ordered a few more designs but it'll be 3 weeks to a month before I'll have them. Once those come in I'll start staggering releases so I should always have something new.

There's only 100 of each design though and I don't plan on making more so they're very limited. The only thing I might do is variants of the same character but even that would be way down the line.

All of this is assuming I don't get hit with a cease and desist immediately.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey man,

I'm not in your market space to pick up your stuff right now, but I just wanted to tell you that I think what you're doing, rocks total balls.
Good fuckin' on ya, and god-speed my man. Sorry that's not dollars to back it up, but it's a solid internet high-five. gently caress yea, brother.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ughhh I just demo'd an evnroll putter. It felt so good why did I do that to myself... Now I'm trying to justify a 400 dollar putter

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've gotten a few more rounds in with the weather thawing out and while I'm thrilled to break 80, it's still winter rules, but gently caress it I'm taking it anyway.

Also finally made an appointment to get fitted for a 3, 4, and 5 iron because oh my god gently caress these graphite shaft hybriddddssss

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

We had 11 guys playing a skins match Saturday and I shot even par with four birdies and played for free. I putt so well on slow greens, it’s a shame my home course usually gets burnt out and stupid fast by like June. Tomorrow looks like a good golf day but then no more until the weekend probably. Still a month until any leagues start but hopefully there’s plenty of nice weather between now and then.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I'd love to buy some simpler ball markers. It seems like every ball marker you can buy that isn't from a course is some embarrassing boomer crap with skulls, dollar signs, or something lame on it. I just want something with like an oak tree or a golf ball on it and nothing else. I like your ball markers, they are nice and understated. Not really my style as I'm not into superheroes but I appreciate the aesthetic. If you ever consider branching out keeping it classy would be a market no one else seems to have tapped into.

Summit fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 29, 2021

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kirios posted:

Ughhh I just demo'd an evnroll putter. It felt so good why did I do that to myself... Now I'm trying to justify a 400 dollar putter
FWIW, it feels soft because most of your energy is being lost. A lot of people struggle with distance control when they switch to an Evnroll.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Summit posted:

I'd love to buy some simpler ball markers. It seems like every ball marker you can buy that isn't from a course is some embarrassing boomer crap with skulls, dollar signs, or something lame on it. I just want something with like an oak tree or a golf ball on it and nothing else. I like your ball markers, they are nice and understated. Not really my style as I'm not into superheroes but I appreciate the aesthetic. If you ever consider branching out keeping it classy would be a market no one else seems to have tapped into.

I feel like you're really going to hate it when I drop Majin Vegeta lol

Everyone that's ordered so far, I've got everything packed and ready to go. Gonna drop them off at the post office tomorrow. I appreciate y'all so much.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Nah because the stuff you're making is understated. It doesn't say "100% EVIL" or "JOKAH" underneath or something completely corny which would ruin the whole concept. It doesn't need to be anymore than what you've made it but some designers just can't help themselves.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Daric posted:

I feel like you're really going to hate it when I drop Majin Vegeta lol

Everyone that's ordered so far, I've got everything packed and ready to go. Gonna drop them off at the post office tomorrow. I appreciate y'all so much.

Pretty sure we’re gonna need a special/limited edition goatse marker. Nothing would make me happier than when my friend asks me for a marker and I could toss him a goatse one.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Douchebag posted:

Pretty sure we’re gonna need a special/limited edition goatse marker. Nothing would make me happier than when my friend asks me for a marker and I could toss him a goatse one.

A nice special high gloss finish on the ring so it twinkles in the sun.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
But the goatse guy was a hero! Happily married, provided hours of enjoyment to people pranking their friends

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have to admit that I get a lot of satisfaction watching thin their 2 and 3 irons while I hit my 7 wood 3/4/5 Hybrid nice and clean.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bought a glove via Amazon for the size I figured.
And was well, sure, $16. Whatever.

...Showed up as a six pack. ...MOSTLY fits pretty good! So at least that's something, AND, golf gloves for, like, ever, I guess :/

e: just double checked the listing and order, so if you want a six pack of golf gloves, "TaylorMade Men's Stratus All Leather Golf Glove" via amazon is the way to roll apparently. I got charged $14.99 for 'em

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 30, 2021

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I ordered one just to see what happens, but I'm assuming you got a bank error in your favor since the first answered question in the listing is "Is this a single glove or a multi-pack?" and the answer is single glove.

I'll let you know tomorrow when it shows up if I get 6 probably crappy gloves or just one probably crappy glove for $15! All of the TM gloves I've tried so far except for the most expensive Tour Preferred ones have been junk, but I haven't tried this one so why not...

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I just got a couple more Vice gloves and for whatever reason they shipped them from the headquarters in Germany. Having 2 gloves have to go through customs was kind of ridiculous.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BCRock posted:

I ordered one just to see what happens, but I'm assuming you got a bank error in your favor since the first answered question in the listing is "Is this a single glove or a multi-pack?" and the answer is single glove.

I'll let you know tomorrow when it shows up if I get 6 probably crappy gloves or just one probably crappy glove for $15! All of the TM gloves I've tried so far except for the most expensive Tour Preferred ones have been junk, but I haven't tried this one so why not...

This is what I said!

And then I got six of them!
HOORAY!

Somewhere out there...
There is a man

...wearing the same glove as you.

...and he is tenderly caressing it. Smooching it. He loves that glove, as much as you do, maybe, even more.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 30, 2021

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well Eric Ebron just bought a ballmarker so I’ve officially peaked

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Everyone should be buying their gloves from MG golf. Full Cabrera leather, super soft, like $6 a piece.

They offer customization now too I think, so you could probably figure out how to get goatse on there if you wanted.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Daric posted:

Well Eric Ebron just bought a ballmarker so I’ve officially peaked

Buy him an account and link him to this thread.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I Instantly regret not ordering six of these

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

DoctaFun posted:

Everyone should be buying their gloves from MG golf. Full Cabrera leather, super soft, like $6 a piece.

They offer customization now too I think, so you could probably figure out how to get goatse on there if you wanted.

This is what I did last year. They lasted a long time too.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

MG golf

lol yea no

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I Instantly regret not ordering six of these

holy poo poo that rules

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Elucidate.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I’ve used nothing but MG gloves for ~5 years and love them. Had 1 pack where the Velcro was a little weak like 3 years ago but other than that I’ve had no issues ever and I wear the same glove for many rounds before swapping to a new one.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

BCRock posted:

Well I am the proud owner of.... One new glove.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Did you have a bad experience or something? They look and feel identical to a $25 titleist glove to me...

I guess they don’t say titleist on them, which is less of a deal for my 35 year old self, but maybe I would have cared ten years ago?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
This felt pretty cool:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Daric posted:

This felt pretty cool:

Dude that's awesome.

Also I hope you are restocking as fast as you can lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Soon Daric will be too cool to post with us.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

mattfl posted:

Dude that's awesome.

Also I hope you are restocking as fast as you can lol

I am actually not restocking! I'm only making 100 of each marker. I have my manufacturer making my next designs right now so hopefully I'll have those in a couple of weeks. Then I'll start releasing weekly or bi-weekly so everything is staggered and there's no more big gaps between releases.

Way later on I may revisit the same villains but I would do a variant instead. That's the beauty of comics and movies, there's been so many different versions of the same characters.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Kirios posted:

Soon Daric will be too cool to post with us.

Not until he gets DDT'd on the 18th green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Daric posted:

I am actually not restocking! I'm only making 100 of each marker. I have my manufacturer making my next designs right now so hopefully I'll have those in a couple of weeks. Then I'll start releasing weekly or bi-weekly so everything is staggered and there's no more big gaps between releases.

Way later on I may revisit the same villains but I would do a variant instead. That's the beauty of comics and movies, there's been so many different versions of the same characters.

Can’t wait for my Vegeta ball marker so when I inevitably three putt my playing partners can say, ‘man, do you keep track of your 3 putts? That’s like your 3rd this round, how many is that this season for you?’

And i can say

‘It’s over 9000!!!’ While crushing my ball with my hand.