Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
3rd game of the year today, round in 137. :sigh: Wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't playing with 2 guys hitting just under 100.

Finally managed to get out of a sand-trap in one shot and then overshot my putt just to practise another 5 hacks trying to scoop it out the beach :banjo: so that's something

I'm not taking clumps out of the ground as much as when I first started (last year) but I'm more than capable of scuffing up my shots, I'm always impressed by my main golfing companion who always gets the ball airborne and would be unhappy to hit over 80.

He's got about +15 years of experience on me but still it's a little demoralising when he's knocking it on the green in 2 and I'm clattering it forward 50 years each shot :laugh:

God I love Golf, it's just a horrible catch-22 where it would be more fun to get better but also more frustrating when it doesn't work :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Up at half 5 on Saturday morning to get out on the golf course tomorrow, not had time to arrange a lesson yet but I'm going to take a pragmatic approach, never played the course we are visiting tomorrow so I'm gonna give myself a target of 120.

Early night tonight, the things you do for golf.

Edit: Enjoyable game of Golf today, I hit a modest 112, under my target but my driving and irons were mostly on point today, putting was the weak point though, fluffed many 2 putts :cry:

Highlights were getting out of my only sand trap shot in one go on the 1st hole, out-driving my golfing partner (who hit 81) on 2 holes and giving myself a birdie chance from 8 feet on a par 3 which unfortunately turned into a bogey

That 100 is coming!

Ramagamma fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 18, 2015

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DJExile posted:

GOING BACK TO SCOTLAND THIS SUMMER :woop:

WE GOT ALL THE GOLF HERE :woop:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm now a golf club member, WOO.