Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I have this re-occuring swing problem where I revert to "old man swing" after...I don't even know what it's after, maybe fatigue, I don't know.

Basically my normal swing is a pretty long, fluid motion. When I get the old man swing going, my backswing literally gets cut by like 25% and the swing "feel" is a sharp, jerking motion through the ball. Even though I'm conscious of this happening, it's almost impossible to rectify in a couple of swings. If I take a couple of days off, the next time I go out it'll be back to normal and I'll be smacking them again.

Anyone else have this problem and figure out a fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I have a sand wedge and a lob wedge, but I could take the SW out of the bag. When I started golfing again I decided that I'd have only one club around the green, ever, and it's a lob wedge. Its like a part of my arm at this point and I can do basically anything with it, off any lie. I even hit it out of bunkers!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I sent a driver headcover 30 yards while doing a warm up swing and had to do the walk of shame to go get it

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

If I could get paid for playing golf and looking good I'd do it instantly. As it is I give it away for free

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I use a garmin smartwatch and as long as the garmin golf app doesn't go to sleep (you have to update it in your power settings) it picks up swings very accurately.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

When I was still learning I would do stableford rules, which is pick up after double inc handicap. So if you're off 18, the worst you can shoot is a triple bogey

I feel like that's a good one because it's true to how it is if you're playing comp anyway. It breaks down as you get lower, especially single digits, where you could be shooting double your score if you do it but it lasts a while!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Rory either got a huge paycheck or is about to get one. Something like a new official role as ambassador or some bullshit. Or a giant bump to his Pip.

Imo his poor performance at Augusta and the week off after could have been caused by negotiations with the PIF stressing him out.

I love Rory and I have a lot of respect for all of the guys that didn't leave. But I'm not going to pretend these guys have some intense sense of morality that would prevent them doing any business with the Saudis at all.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I joined a golf simulator...gym? Training facility? Something like that. They basically have the latest trackman stuff on three dedicated screens/bays.

Its impressive. It kills going to the range if the range only has mats.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Kirios posted:

Huh - that’s actually a really good idea. I didn’t realize those kind of places had subscriptions.

How much does that run?

It's 44 bucks AUD a week which is basically the equivalent of 3 sessions at a regular range and it's 10x better.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

It's pretty cool that there are people out there living life with an infinite money cheat

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

2024 is the year of Rick and Rory boys. 100 years, rick and rory, every major, every pga tour championship, Rick and Rory boys

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

If it's carry distance it makes sense to me, 240 yards is like 220m and I think that's a reasonable average taking into account wind and slope.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Liv wants to take over the PGA tour, they don't want a stake in it. They flipped Jay - because he's a piece of poo poo - knowing it would make the move to liv purely a financial move for golfers instead of a moral/ethical stance

The endgame is the PGA tour is rebranded LIV America and is under new management.

Hovland, Xander and old mate that won the us open whose name escapes me will be next to go IMO

The question is; Rory???

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Anno posted:

Tiger's new clothing looks nice, but I really don't care for the branding.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1757231925096222811?s=20

This actually looks really bad, the logo itself is bad enough but what the gently caress are they doing here

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

I changed my swing thought to "just swing as hard as you can" halfway through a round and had the best stretch of holes in my career (-2 thru 6)

One weird trick to lower scores (golf pros HATE this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

No laying up film room is the best golf content on youtube imo. Golf sidekick is good but his content is really dry.