Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009

Lincoln posted:

What

Edit: sorry, should have been more thorough. I hit a 9-iron flawlessly. I chunk or slice my 4-iron more often than not. The longer the club, the more pronounced my problems.

It sounds like you're not striking the ball correctly. Short irons mask a lot of problems because they have high bounce or fat bottom. You could hit behind the ball and still get a shot off because the club head can slide through the grass whereas a long iron will just dig in and mess up your shot. Lessons from a pro will help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
How would a driving iron (18 loft) and a long iron from a cavity-back set (19 loft) differ in terms of flight distance and height?

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009

DJExile posted:

This is pretty general, but if everything else is the same (shaft, how you swing them, lie angles, etc) you might get a little more distance on the driving iron and more height and forgiveness on the cavity back. It would also depend a bit on the weight of each of them and the balance, but that's how I'd see it.

Thanks, I think I'll go for the 3 iron since it's also way cheaper.