Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Keyser_Soze posted:

I can't believe you guys still lose (or wear out) enough balls to worry about this.

I usually play poo poo courses in Orlando, so i lose alot of balls. So yesterday i play a decent course, with huge fairways.(Eagle Creek).
I'm hitting the fairway all day but in the first 5 holes i lose a few balls over-shooting the greens! I clubbed down and never lost another ball after the 8th.
Golf is weird, i'm terrible at it but it's so much fun!
I just started really this year due to covid and having way too much free time.I had a bag for a decade but really only played twice a year for guys weekends. Now i can actually play a little.
I think the simplest thing any guy can do is take your time addressing the ball. Men are stubborn, my game completely changed when i started taking practice swipes on every single shot.Also i do a certain thing to make sure i am neither too close of too far from the ball.(handle on hip,pushing chest out shoulders up).Now these things are told to every newbie golfer but i think guys stop doing it after awhile.
If you are slicing on almost every drive it's more then likely your stance and not your swing, unless you have no swing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Kirios posted:

-11 through 11.

I just saw this because of the phone notification about Scheffler.
So someone goes out and shoots a 59 and Dustin is like, hold my beer!

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

This is exactly what my good, intelligent, Trump loving friends and family members say. It could almost be copy pasta. Notice i said good and intelligent, meaning my normal friends and family who believe in the guy. Not the trashy, cult like, nut jobs. Some will be less politcally correct then Jack and admit that they think Trump is a liar or unintelligent or even a little crazy.
But they say even though they don't like Trump still gonna vote for him.

Golfers of the world, this is America. Gonna admit that i'm voting mostly Democratic and some of the things and people on this side are just as bad.

I think the big difference for me is easily summed up.

A large percentage of people like me see problems that need to start being solved. We would vote for either party who started to solve these problems. We don't like labels and are probably bi-partisan voters and average Americans.

Another large percentage of Americans see problems but are doing ok so see any change as an attack on the their way life. They are all voting for one party only and mostly see others as enemies instead of fellow Americans.

Both sides know Trump is highly unqualified, remember i'm talking about the intelligent voters here. However, one side is willing to see the country burn so they get to keep this mythical status quo that is slowly disappearing right before our eyes.
Taxes go up and down, the stock market goes up and down. Stop trying to make those two simple things all about the American dream, it's much more complicated now and one side keeps empowering people who lie about it every day.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Suprfli6 posted:

The owner of my course said this has been his best year since buying the course 15 years ago. Trump really has Made America Golf Again!

Will this be covid 19's greatest legacy? A world full of uber golfers? It sure looks like it on the tour. However only single tournament records will be broken, any given week this year somebody looks like the greatest golfer to ever live! Nobody will run off a string of victories like all the past greats.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Omne posted:

Trip report: Walked the nine-hole par 36 Disney Oak Trail course today. It was 94 with a heat index of 102 when I teed off.

Played pretty terribly. My drives are still going too far to the left, while my irons are going right (assuming I don't top them). My farthest drive was on a dogleg but it went out of bounds and couldn't find it, but I had put my provisional right in the fairway. Next hole I put two straight drives out of bounds and ended up with a 9. Overall, shot a 54. No pars or better, so the search for my elusive first birdie remains.

Pace of play was 1:42, and I waited on a few holes to tee off. Emptied my water bottle and refilled two more times, completely sweat through my shirt. But it was fun.

I live 40 minutes from there. I have the plus annual pass that lets me play for free. I never have given up on it this early. Usually it's close to July 4th. See you in September. Not even kidding. Not worth it to drive and sweat that much for that course and wait on tourists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

So Rahm is so hot one can easily see him winning two more times this year including one more major. 6 wins in a calendar year is amazing in the modern era. Any more then that with a Major is Tiger territory.