Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Lincoln posted:

JFC I figured out how to stop chunking my irons (needed to flatten out my swing plane) and now I'm chunking my DRIVER all of a sudden. WHAT THE BLOOMING gently caress

I did the opposite of this this week. I was solid out of the box with my driver and three wood, but my wedges were chunkie cheese's. New clubs came in the mail today (Callaway Apex) so I may never find out what was going on, but I do get to experience an AW for the first time :D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

This is very tempting, especially now that I have a Costco card, but my udnerstanding is their closer to a Chrome Soft than a Pro V1x, and I already have 66 Pro V1x's sitting around.

I mean can you beat 75 for 4 dozen on that anyway?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Lincoln posted:

There’s a huge difference between my putter swing & driver swing, but it doesn’t affect my score. What’s wrong with having only 4 swings? Driver, iron, wedge, putter.

I’m not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, I’m genuinely curious about swing mechanics. I know nothing.

The first thing I was taught when learning golf is there aren't any shortcuts. This is sounding like a massive shortcut. Why not just take the money you're going to spend on this and go get some lessons?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Halo14 posted:

Pretty solid. Having 11 putts for 9 holes is something I wish I could do. I feel I'm technically a good putter but they just don't drop as often as I'd like. All this effort to fix tee shots and change my swing and I'm constantly let down by putting.

Anyway - the Tiger Woods hype is real. Everyone's talking about him being pain free and out driving even Dustin Johnson, I want to believe.

I heard he out drove DJ. Not that he was out driving him. They were saying it was comparable though. Judging by the brief footage I've watched though his irons are looking mighty fine right now.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

The new TW '17's (Shoes Tiger is rocking today) look geriatric as all hell.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

pmac posted:

Have an impromptu golf trip to Vegas in the works, spending 4 days there in mid February with a buddy and we’re planning to play at least once per day. A 36-hole day at Paiute is on our list so far.

Recommendations for courses that aren’t crazy expensive? We’ll have a car so anywhere is fair game.

Thinking we’ll try to stay on the strip though, anyone have hotel preferences that are easy to get in and out / have parking? Probably trying to keep it below $150/night.

The Arroyo was a fun course with a lot of variety from hole to hole. We got a groupon when I was down there and I think we got on for 30 a head, but the regular is still 60ish bucks.

I've only played The Wolf at Paiute, but definitely my favorite golf course down in Vegas. Also, if you haven't golfed in Vegas, be ready for some insane winds once the temperatures start rising in the afternoon.

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 23, 2018

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I played baseball throughout highschool / college and I swear there are more people that chew in golf than there are in baseball. I will say the golfer dip is quiet a bit smaller, but still really caught me off guard when I got invited to a country club when I was 20 and everyone there was spitting all over the course.

The general rule of thumb that I've heard is if you're chewing keep it off the greens, and fairways where you can.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I've been playing a lot more recently, and I've found that with my irons if I open my stance up a little (gradually more as I get to lower irons) I am getting a straighter shot. Am I instilling bad habits, or is this a perfectly reasonable change. We're talking left too toes at base of right foot toes 4-6, 7-9 about middle of the right foot.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I am looking into getting my first fitting, but I'm a little confused about the process. I have a set of Callaway Apex 16s that I really like, but a guy told me I should go in and get fitted cause he thinks the standard length is a little too short for my 6'2 frame. Is it weird if I go in and get fitted and just say I want to adjust my current clubs where we can and not worry about the rest, or should I just hold off for a little while and get it all done when I buy my next set of clubs.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Sergio out here pulling a Tin Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Kirkland Signatures are the bees knees and they just released a soft version of their ball also.