Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

torgeaux posted:

I play my "home course" about 60x a year. For the last 5 years. I get lots of guys who have played it "once, last year" giving advice on where to play shots to.

I keep my mouth shut unless asked, even on the limited topics I'm willing to discuss. Had one guy of a two ball ask every hole, what's the layup, where's trouble, etc... Good questions, he was a solid golfer. His partner on the other hand did not want to hear anything, which is also fine. When guy one asked me about where guy two's best layup was, and I told him, guy two turned and shouted at me to shut the gently caress up, he didn't want to hear it. Lesson learned. Military guys, I'm assuming guy one was senior to guy two and therefor guy two could not yell at guy one.

Get these guys roll through my home course once a year or so. I never give advice unless asked - been burned too many times by the "I didn't ask, so don't talk".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

Never been in a spot where I felt like the balls made a qualitative difference in my game. I play with Wilson Staff 50 Elites and they're great.

7.5 handicap here.

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

Kirios posted:

Correct, I address the ball the same with my 3H and my gap wedge. It...takes some getting used to, but the consistency is too good for me to ignore.

That's such a wild concept. What is the shaft length? Comparable to a normal 3H or a 6iron or so?