Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I realize the answer is "get fitted" but...

My playing partner is convinced that my '09 Callaway X-Forged irons (Graphite Stiff, +1/2") are too difficult for me to play. While I disagree with him I'm willing to humor him and check out some used irons that I could possibly replace them with. At this moment I'm looking at the TM Rocketbladesz or Wilson Staff D100.

I'm not a decent golfer by any means. I played varsity golf in high school and took lessons and was able to fade/draw on command back in the day. In the many years since then, I've lost that touch. My HC is 20 and my club speed is in the 90-100 range. I can hit my irons straight about 80% of the time however my miss hits are pretty bad. No real difference between my short and long irons, but I tend to hit my long irons slightly better.

Are there any other irons I should be looking at? If I'm going to upgrade I'm looking for something more on the forgiveness side than distance or control. I'm hoping to keep this under $250.

Also does anyone have any recommendations in the Northern VA area for lessons or to get fitted?

JayKay fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU