Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

tminz posted:

Anyone going to the Waste Management? I went two years ago on Saturday and it was a mad house, can't imagine what it will be like this year. I think I'm gonna go early on Saturday again--try to watch some golf early on in the day and then just join the party.

I went on Saturday in 2008, the last time the Superbowl was in town, and it was insane there.

Attendance today was 118K, which is at least 30K more than the previous attendance record there, so yeah, it's loving nuts for a golf tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Suprfli6 posted:

Pretty sure the Nationwide dog was hiding in the bunker.

My dog hates the nationwide dog with a passion. Those two commercials play so much on TGC that he knows the sound of them and will come running from another room to bark at the TV once he hears them start.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Unknownmass posted:

I'm hoping that he starts to understand that and changes his swing to not cripple him any more. I just miss having Tiger on the weekends, even if hes not in contention.

I decided to get fitted this year, is the fittings at Golf Smith/Golf Galaxy workable or do I need to seek out someone that communes with the golf gods?

Unless you have an unusually talented fitter at your GS/GG, which is almost assuredly not the case, then you should absolutely find someone who actually knows what they're doing when it comes to fitting you for clubs. Find some online reviews for fitters in your area, ask around on golfwrx, etc.

A proper fitting for your entire bag will take multiple hours and usually more than one visit to get all of the lie angles set correctly.

Good luck!

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
It's all about the course and the player. Is it their home course or one they've never played before? Are they a scratch player than can go super low occasionally, but also puts up rounds in the 80s, or one that's consistently hovering around par but never puts up a -6 round? Are they a short or long hitter? Etc., etc...

My personal examples:

A friend of mine is a scratch golfer (plays to a -1 to +1 at any give time) and a member at Riviera. He's in his 30's, hits it 285-300 off the tee, has a fantastic short game, and has played the course a couple hundred times. Every year he gets to play the course right up until a couple days before the Monday of the tournament, and then again at the end of the following week once the tour clears out.

Riv is set up so that you can play back at the tees the tour uses pretty easily, even when they aren't set up back there, and the pros play it at roughly 7400 yards. Last year, on the Thursday of the week before the tournament, we played there from the pro tee boxes. He shot a 71 without making any putts longer than 12' or so and with no crazy hole-outs for eagle or anything like that. Just a very steady round with a bunch of pars and a couple birdies/bogies along the way.

I was playing to a 3 or 4 index at the time and this was my 4th time playing Riv (first from that far back) and I shot a 77. The first time I played Riv, from the 6500 yard white tees, I shot an 85. For me it was all about being comfortable on the course - knowing where you can and can't miss shots and having some feel for the greens (even though they were much faster right before the tournament than they were when I shot an 85).

Riv is a difficult golf course, but most of the challenge is around the greens and bunkers. Off the tee it's not brutally penalizing, especially if you have some length, so it plays to my strengths pretty well. Put me on a US Open type course with tiny fairways and OB/water/hazards everywhere and I will shoot 100.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I was actually pulling for Sergio at the end there. Tough to watch him choke it away on the last 2 holes. At least the finishes at Riv the last handful of years have been fun to watch.

I'm playing Riv on Tuesday so I'll see if I can break 80, even though the course will be a little softer than it was for most of the tournament due to all the rain today.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
It really depends on how much money you want to spend. Both Indian Wells courses are really nice for a mid-range price. All of the PGA West courses are great and if you want to get crazy go play the Stadium course for $250 or whatever they charge right now.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Calling it now - Tiger wins by 10 strokes.

Seriously though, he'll probably end up just barely on the wrong side of the cut line on Friday. With his short game issues, his best chance is to hope that the rain expected for Friday/Saturday shows up and softens the course up.

You can get away with hitting the ball all over the place at Augusta, but if it stays dry and they can keep the course as hard and tight as they want to, he's hosed.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Plus I'm gonna be using these at least 2 to 3 times per week.

This is a huge reason not to buy a pre-packaged set of crappy clubs, btw.

If you're someone that golfs a couple of times a year and wants to have your own set so you don't have to rent, then fine, buy those. But if you actually end up playing 2-3 times a week for any amount of time you will very quickly regret not getting a proper fitting and buying a good set of clubs, used or otherwise.

I know because I did exactly that when I started playing. 3 months later I just gave my starter set to a friend of mine and started over with all used high quality clubs off of eBay and golfwrx.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Let us know what you think about Bali Hai after you play it. I've heard lots of mixed reviews. Oh, and enjoy the 112* heat this weekend in Vegas!

As far as push carts go, I bought a nice one when it was on super sale at TGW.com or something like that for $95 two years ago. I walk every round I play, unless the course forbids it, and it's been 1000% worth it (and still would have been at 2x the price).

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Ribsauce posted:

On carts, I have an old Sun Mountain Pushcart my dad gave me since he quit using it. I like it a lot. It has inflatable tires. The new ones have hard plastic. I am not sure why they switched, that seems worse to me. My theory is most people probably break it out like 2 times a year so ever time they had to pump the tires which lead to a bunch of complaints.

The solid plastic tires are way better than inflatable ones. They're perfectly suitable for traversing a golf course, are lighter, and require no maintenance. They're virtually impossible to break.

Every guy I know who has a push cart with inflatable tires hates them because they constantly have to be inflated and can puncture/need replacement/etc.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Sataere posted:

So I decided to stop by Top Golf for lunch today and I've just about had it with my swing. So dumb question time. How do I teach myself using youtube? I don't have the money to drop on lessons at the moment, but I do have unlimited balls at the range, so I figure I can just keep working until I fix it if I have to.

Do you have access to a video camera that you can set up to record your swing? It's pretty difficult to self-diagnose a golf swing without being able to see it, and even when you can it's not easy - especially when you're not at a fairly advanced level to begin with.

There are plenty of places online, including here, where you could post a video of your swing and get some free swing advice (of dubious actual value).

Yesterday I got to play in a charity event at Valencia CC with some friends of mine. It was the first time I've gotten to play in a scramble with 3 other competent golfers in my group (handicaps were 0, 2, 6, and 10). We finished at -14, but the group with 2 former playing/current teaching pros shot -19. We may have indulged in the free booze and on-course massages a bit too much to stay as sharp as we could have.

The highlight for me though was that Christina Stockton from Big Break Atlantis (link) was playing in it too, and since I'd met her briefly at a party a few years back she remembered who I was. We spent a good amount of time on the range before the round and at the bar afterwards talking about golf and whatever else. She's really nice and obviously is a phenomenal golfer. It's always impressive watching women who are that tiny hit the ball as well as they do.

She also told me that GC cancelled Big Break, which kind of sucks. This new Altered Course show is garbage.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
So this round happened today...

5-under through 5 is a first for me.

#1 was a 30 foot putt with about a foot of right to left break. One of those putts where you just see the line perfectly and know if you make a good stroke it's going in.

#2 was a good up & down after going long trying to get to a back pin.

#3 was an average drive that stayed in the short grass for me so I could hit a perfect 4i in from 210ish to 14 feet. One of the other guys in my group got to show me the line first, which was key because I was seeing almost a foot of break in my putt until I watched his break half that much. Just trusted what I saw and made the eagle.

#4 was 212y to the flag, so basically the same shot I hit into #3. Hit the 4i again right over the stick to 11' and made the putt.

#5 I pulled my drive left down the tree line, but hit it hard enough that it carried most of them and somehow ended up with a pretty good look at the green from 205y. Hit yet another 4i that caught the right edge of the green and left me a 40' for eagle. I just could not read this putt at all for some reason so I went right at the hole and it broke off to the right and stopped right next to the hole for a tap-in birdie.

#6 & #7 were both good drives and approach shots that left me about 15' birdie putts, both burned the edge of the cup.

#8 is a hard dogleg-right and I thought I hit a great drive down the right side, but it caught a tree somewhere and left me with 150y to the pin and a shot I had to keep low and under a tree. Hit it a little fat and caught the greenside bunker - couldn't get it up and down.

#9 was similar - pulled my drive left this time, 105y to the hole, but with low branches in front so I tried to punch a little 7i out that just didn't run out enough to make the green. Then I duffed an easy chip because I'm retarded sometimes. Then I tried to putt it from off the green and just crushed it past the hole - couldn't make the downhill 6' and took a stupid double.

The whole back 9 was just my putting turning to garbage for no reason. Missed an easy one on #10 to save par. 3-putted 13 and 16. #15 was a 5 footer that I managed to make to stop the bleeding.

This was in a club tournament and I've never been -5 through 5 before, and of course all of the guys I was playing with were very aware of my score, but I never felt any pressure or nerves until I made that stupid double on #9. After that I couldn't stop thinking "don't make a bogey/don't miss this putt". Really annoyed that I didn't end up shooting at least a 70...

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, all you do is just enter your score, number of putts, and select which club you teed off with and whether you hit the fairway or not while you're waiting on the next tee box. Or you can do it all after the round if you remember it all. It takes a few seconds.

You can track each shot and distances, etc, but that part is clunky and more time consuming.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Feels good man. Just in time to play 18 tomorrow morning in the SoCal rain. The greens are gonna be so slow, i can't wait :D

Where are you playing tomorrow? I've got the first round of my club's big yearly individual match play tournament tomorrow at Rancho. The greens there have been awful lately so I can't wait to see how bad they are after this rain.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Playing Brookside #2 at the Rose Bowl. My fitter and all his old dude buddies play there every weekend, and when they have a spot, they invite me to join.

Nice. I like #2, but every time I get over to Pasadena everyone only wants to play #1.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Drove down to La Costa yesterday with a buddy of mine to play 36 holes. The courses are beautiful resort courses that play much tougher than your average resort course.

My rounds were nothing special, so I won't bore everyone with the scorecard/recap posting, but playing there made us both remember this from back in 1997.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQWWLbSAxE

The actual golf happens around the 14 minute mark if you want to skip ahead, but here's the quick recap:

It's the 1997 Tournament of Champions. Tiger turned pro in '96 and had already won twice, getting him into the ToC for his 9th start as a pro. He's tied with Tom Lehman for the lead after Saturday (which he finished with four consecutive birdies) and there's massive amounts of rain on Sundays, causing the PGA to cancel the final round and set up a one hole playoff on the par-3 7th hole. It's the only hole they can keep dry enough to be playable and it's right outside the clubhouse so the fans can at least watch.

Lehman goes first and dunks his shot in the water. Everyone's assuming Tiger will just go for the middle of the green and win it, but since he's young Tiger Woods he sticks it to a foot and wins for the 3rd time in 9 starts, putting him over the $1m career earnings mark.

He got $260k for that win. This year Jordan Spieth won $1.14m for winning the ToC.

There are a bunch of other pretty fascinating facts that they discuss during the video that are amazing in the context of where golf is today vs. less than 20 years ago.

Edit: Added the bit about how Tiger finished Saturday by birdieing 15-16-17-18 just to make it into the playoff.

BCRock fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 24, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Switch out the sand for dirt and you have anywhere that isn't right in the middle of the fairway on pretty much every Los Angeles public course right now.

Play the LA City courses in the Valley. Encino/Balboa/Woodley/Hansen Dam are all in decent shape right now. Griffith Park just hosted the Special Olympics golf events there, so I've heard it's in good shape right now as well. Going to play Wilson on Friday.

But yeah, most of the courses out here are in terrible shape. Rancho is horrendous right now and our club championship is there next weekend, so that's awesome.

Got invited to play up at North Ranch CC today, so I'm heading up there now.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Club championship is today through Sunday. Awesome weather.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Howd your round go BC? I just got home. It is balls hot out there.

Well, I managed to not die from heat stroke, so there's that.

I sucked pretty bad on Friday and Saturday (79/82), but somehow made the cut to play today. We had a lot of our A-flight guys shooting in the 80s because the course is in just awful condition. It's pretty absurd to be in the middle of a fairway but hitting off of some patchy hard packed dirt/grass bullshit, but that's Rancho Park. The course gets 100k+ rounds of play every year whether they put any money into it or not, so why bother putting any money into it.

Anyway, played better today (77), but not good enough to place. My fourball partner shot 73/72 to go into today with a 3 shot lead over another guy who's won our club championship 5 times in the past. He had a 2 shot lead going into 17, but the other dude stuffed a 3w from 250 out on the par 5 17th and 2 putted for birdie to get it to 1 shot down, then did the same thing on 18 from a little closer in on his 2nd shot to tie it up.

Went to a playoff on the first hole where my partner missed a slippery 4 downhill 4 footer to save par and the other guy made his to win it.

3 5.5 hour rounds 3 days in a row in blazing heat where everyone is grinding out everything is pretty exhausting. I've never taken a cart on this course until this weekend where I broke down and got one for Sat & Sun. It definitely made a huge difference in the energy level throughout the day. Annoyed that I didn't play better, but I didn't lose a ball all weekend so that's a plus.

Time to go jump in the pool since it's still 101 degrees out!

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Kameh posted:

You're far from the only person to hate him, but I'm surrounded by plenty of people who hate him because they're trying their hardest to stuff him into the racist stereotype of a "black dude with low-to-zero morals who happens to be a good athlete." It's disappointing, but that's Texas sometimes.

It's kinda weird to root for Tiger as an underdog now. I wish he played more tournaments, and maybe he will. I bet he'll make the Wyndham a regular tour stop. He doesn't play in Canada, but he did play in Canada in 2000, and one of his most famous shots came on the last hole - a 6i from the fairway bunker on 18. Small consolation, but he hasn't come to Texas since 2005, either. I've never seen him in person, which I intend to remedy before he retires.

As for the last point about blaming everything but himself, that's got to come with the territory of being a top-tier athlete. You can't admit to fault. Can't show those cracks in your armor, or it'll only get worse. Lie well, lie often, and lie until you convince yourself. Then you'll play like it. There's an appeal to an everyman Tour-pro who is all "aw shucks, just don't have it today" like Boo Weekley, but I don't follow because I can relate in his struggles. He's a freak of nature, and I want to see him destroy a golf course every time he tees it up. If he needs to spout BS to keep it going, then do it.

That being said, he's been more humble and open in the last year than he's been in his entire career, and I've never heard him blame his caddie or blame his swing coach. At least Tiger doesn't blame others when he falters; he just doesn't acknowledge it, or he'll focus on the positives to the point where it sounds completely ridiculous. Today was a perfect example. He hit the ball great - 11 fairways, 14 greens. 31 putts. He was throwing darts, but he didn't convert enough of those birdie putts. He talked about being on the wrong side of the hole, which he was at times. He said, "I putted the ball well, and I expected all of them to go in." He also said something like, "I made a lot of putts today. They were for par, though. From 6 feet and in, I was great." Maybe this is the Tiger we get now. Maybe he wouldn't be missing those putts 10, 15 years ago. But I like this new Tiger, and I'm pulling for him to return to form.

Besides, imagine a Masters next year with a healthy and competitive Tiger going against Rory, Spieth, Mickelson, and even that rear end in a top hat Cabrera. :circlefap:

This.

In his prime, Tiger was better at golf than anyone who's ever played before. Watching greatness/history happen is way more interesting than rooting for failure.

I couldn't care less how he acts off the course or how many whores he's banging on the side.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

DJExile posted:

SBJ says it's the former.

He probably wanted to get in a booth somewhere so he can stop chasing golfers around the course in a full suit every week and CBS didn't want to kick one of the other guys out. If you've seen him in person covering a tournament you'd know that dude busts his rear end all day (as do all of those guys, of course) and he's not exactly young any more.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Jorts and a wife beater for me.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
In Australia it's like opposite day every day.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Are we already at the "find dumb and/or made up reasons to hate on Jordan Spieth" phase? That was quick...

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I got to play a round today at Riviera with former Dodgers superstar closer and Cy Young Award winner Eric Gagne this morning. He's an absolute beast.

I hit the ball long (295ish average off the tee) and he hit it 30-40 yards past me all day long. He swings loving hard and also happens to be accurate, which is why he's a +1 and shot 1 or 2 over from the tips today, without having ever played the course before. Professional athletes are freaks.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

GUYS I SHOT AN 80

So, not a super hard course (65.6/115, ~5500 yards, Par 71, executive course kinda course) but I shot an 80, and played even par on the back nine. And the back nine is WAY harder than the front.

Now I'm in one of those golf moods where I'm counting down the days to playing again, and making sure I remember how my swing felt when it was clicking today.

DeBell? Sounds like DeBell, but I thought the rating/slope was a bit higher there...

Either way, congrats man.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
That loving blows dude. Sorry to hear that.

Your insurance should cover it though I hope?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

SOMEONE MAKE A GOLF 2016 THREAADADADDDDDD

Also, supposed to play Knollwood in Los Angeles this weekend. Anyone been?

I have. It's a decent course - fairly short, but usually in good shape.

The first hole is a really tough par 4. You want to stay as far left as possible, since just off the right side of the fairway is a huge hill that goes down to the driving range and the fence there doesn't go down to the ground, so your ball is gone if you catch the hill and don't get extremely lucky. Your second shot is going to be straight up hill to a tiny green.

I don't remember the rest of the holes well enough to call out specific ones, but there are a lot of doglegs and par 4 holes where the fairway runs out well short of driver distance. Here's my scorecard from last time I played for reference. I only hit driver on the par 5's.

Strap in for a long day though. They play 5-somes and this weekend is sure to be busy.

Happy New Year!

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Sounds like a fun trip. Great round on SB too!

Since I live in California, almost everyone I golf with has been to Pebble and they all say pretty much the same thing. Every golfer should go there and it's worth every penny the first time, but it's not a place they're all itching to go back to because it's crazy expensive and there are better courses for much less money.

My group of guys is trying to decide between doing Pebble or Bandon sometime this year. I think we're leaning towards Bandon, but we'll see.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Also, supposed to play Knollwood in Los Angeles this weekend. Anyone been?

How was Knollwood? Supposed to play there tomorrow if it isn't flooded from all of this dumb rain.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Nice dude - congrats. Where at?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Still counts! I love Woodley because it's impossible to lose a golf ball on that course.

That's actually where I do 90% of my practice because they have a grass range and a decent chipping green/bunker setup. Also, Jim Brown and Smokey Robinson hang out at the range there most days.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yup, that Jim Brown.

He's at Woodley/Encino/Balboa all the time.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Psh if they think those greens are hard to putt on come play the Los Angeles munis with me. They just punched them. Let's see them putt there.

Here's my round from right after they punched at Rancho:

The greens were super unfun to play on, but if I can figure out how to ram every putt directly at the hole because that poo poo's not going to break at all, then I'd bet the pros could too.

I hope Day shoots 62 tomorrow. He's ridiculous. 205y 8i into 16? Why not?

BCRock fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 15, 2016

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

Hahaha yes yes I know, I was joking :p

Nice round!

I figured. I just wanted an excuse to post my 71 :ssh:

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Nah, Rancho Park is right in the middle of Los Angeles. It's where the LA Open was before it moved to Riviera.

Rancho Cucamonga is about an hour east of LA.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
We always have the lowest play to a 0 and everyone else adjusts off of that.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
A little over two months ago I started a new job that happens to be in the golf industry. The place in LA that I started taking lessons at a few years ago has been blowing up and it went from one guy in a little bay by himself inside of a fitness facility to him moving into his own space with 3 teaching bays, a gym, and a club fitting/building department.

I've been fairly close with the owner/founder since he started (I was like his 5th client) and he just brought me on as their GM since they need business people to actually help them expand at this point. The job's all good and cool and everything, but the point of this story here is that I now have access to a bunch of awesome golf poo poo and it's pretty rad.

My office is in a separate location that was only housing the club building shop and storage space with offices above it, but we just finished turning the warehouse space into a ridiculous $150K hitting bay that we're using to demo our custom simulator installs and for club fittings for VIPs. That means I get to walk downstairs and hit balls on a Trackman with a Swing Catalyst 3D motion plate in the ground whenever I feel like it. I'm sure you guys all know what Trackman is, but Swing Catalyst is a balance and force plate in the ground that measures weight transfer, ground force, and a shitload of other things during the swing and maps it through software that syncs up with the video cameras and Trackman data. We're actually the only place in the US currently with their 3-D balance plate, so their plan is to send a bunch of tour pros to our facility to capture their data.

On top of that I now have two Golf Digest Top 100 club fitters at my disposal, as well as elite level golf coaches and golf fitness trainers. I haven't done it yet, but part of my deal is that I get whatever new equipment I want for free whenever I need it, so I'm going through the whole fitting process next week to replace everything in my bag. We carry all of the major brands plus Miura, PXG, Edel, Bettinardi, Tour Edge, Fourteen, Gauge, and a bunch of other boutique stuff.

It's pretty sweet having all of my golf expenses wiped out since it's all work related now and comped. I just need to keep the company from going bankrupt and this could be a nice long term gig.

I had some time the other day to mess around and went through the Trackman combine, which is an awesome way to practice. You get 3 shots at 10 different targets in order - 60y, 70y, 80y, 90y, 100y, 120y, 160y, 180y, and Driver. Then you go through and do it again from the beginning another 3 times each. You get a score for every shot based on distance from the pin (and carry/total distance/straightness for the driver). When you're done it puts everything in a nice report and uploads your results to their website where they track everything on a global leaderboard.

Overall Results

I was on fire on the 120y target

And for the life of me I cannot hit a stupid driver well indoors. I lose 5+mph club head speed and hit wildly offline shots every goddamn time I try to hit the driver inside, even though I have no issues at all with any other club. I don't feel cramped, but something in my brain is telling me that I'm going to hit the wall that's 10 feet away from me in my backswing and I tense up.

Anyway, EnsGDT, you should come check us out since you're in LA - www.ugp.la is the website.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I think I've heard Bob's name thrown around before. I'll check him out.

The two guys we have are badass too. Our head guy who's been around since the start a few years ago was on the Ping tour van and then ran the club building department at KZG before joining UGP. The other guy we just hired was the head fitter/builder at the Roger Dunn in West LA for the last 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

EnsGDT posted:

poo poo maybe I'll drop the film industry and help run it with ya :)

That's what I did. I'm making half as much money and working a lot more hours, but now I don't need to make up an excuse to take the day off and golf, and nearly all of my golf expenses are taken care of, so it sort of evens out.

We're open Mon-Thu 6am to 9pm, Friday-Sunday 7am to 5pm. Everything is appointment only, but we give tons of tours to people who just want to check it out as long as you call ahead. Just PM me if you want to come in and I'll give you my email and get you set up.