Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
My golf buddy moved to Oregon a month ago and I'm tempted to send him those duck dynasty balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Farking Bastage posted:

Please lord keep me from spending money I don't need to. Callaway Pre-owned is running 30-50% off drivers coupon code BF16DRIVER

e: and poo poo I bought an XR 9 degree with a Aldila Rogue Silver 70 shaft for $115

Thanks for this - today they're doing bogo putters and wedges. Bogogreen is the code if it doesn't tell you on the website.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Kameh posted:

I was reading stories this morning about Tiger testing equipment a decade ago. He would do things like identify the thinner of two identical driver faces by sound, refusing to use a driver because there was an air bubble under the grip, discounting golf balls based on their trajectory on 20 yard chips ("If the ball's not EXACTLY where I expect it to be when I look up, it's useless to me.").

Like, I guess that he's a legend in that regard, but...come on. Am I to believe that he can feel some minute, imperceptible difference in weight distribution/torque on an adjustable vs bonded driver that others can't?

I can't think of a driver that's NOT adjustable on Tour nowadays. How are these chumps winning if Tiger can't deal with it?

This made me think of an article I read a while ago about Kobe. He's warming up pre game, and missing shots he normally makes. Turns out the rim is off by a quarter inch. There's a reason guys like Kobe or Tiger are mega superstars - dudes have that sixth sense.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/gerald-henderson-guarding-kobe-bryant/

Here's another fascinating one I read recently about LeBron's freakish memory. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11067098/lebron-james-greatest-weapon-brain

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Sea level here. Never even thought about it til now.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
24/7 access? Waitlist/appointment system? Other people using it all the time?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

mattfl posted:

I just got my most favorite head cover ever in lol

We need footage of you riding your putter like a toy horse STAT

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
What about the guy who thought the green on 9 was for putting practice and picked up my (rare) chance for birdie when he scrambled to get all of his balls off?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lincoln posted:

Oh no, she doesn’t approach male swing speeds. She’s not even swinging at her own full speed yet. Her instructor is still working on getting her to stop swinging with her arms.

I just want to know if a lady her size is more or less forced to get dedicated “ladies” clubs. You know, like Callway’s Strata clubs.

What’s wrong with it if so? Does she play from the ladies’ tees?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

They need to get Bill Murray away from golf, he adds nothing

He’s Bill loving Murray

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I might suck, but at least I will suck quickly.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
How about a Dennis Hopper with the nitrous mask on from Blue Velvet

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s not a driving range. It’s a game. Their clubs suck. It’s more fun using your own clubs. It helps you beat your friends.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Prurient Squid posted:

I have a hunch that it might be a quid pro quo thing. Like Trump loves golfers so they love him back or something.

Anway, I'm trying to get away from politics and capitalism even though it's tendrils get around everything I guess.

You’re overthinking it. The type of person who can afford to become a professional golfer is the same type of person who likes Trump’s politics.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/mockneyrebel/status/1534134444545691649?s=21&t=dVtfHftef_TkeOkEuuJh_Q

You guys are joking right? You’re not actually supporting this poo poo? gently caress this rear end in a top hat and every other shithead who joined up.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m not good or anything but it looks like he’s standing too close to the ball and that’s forcing him to swing funny and make mid swing adjustments to find the sweet spot leading to a lot of variability on where the club face connects

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I dunno it seems to me like they would have some sort of protection for this type of situation built into their contracts. They’re a sports league not a telecoms company.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I don’t wonder about that at all.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

torgeaux posted:

Cart bag, in a cart. Never saw him open it. Also, it was a multicolored pattern.

Diabetes or other medical stuff maybe? Or just drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I like to smoke a fair amount of weed but not when I’m golfing if I’m trying to do well. Maybe try playing sober?