Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Is the last season going to take place after the timeskip or fill it in?

I went through season six for the first time over the weekend, I had been putting it off because I thought there would be too many children storylines due to how season 5 ended and also hearing that Leslie and Ann both get pregnant. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they didn't shoehorn alot of it in and the show remained just as consistent as before. While the season 6 finale felt like it was cramming alot of sentimentality in there, it also felt like it was written as a possible series finale before they got the seventh season approval.

Count me in as a fan of Brendanquits as well. I'm hoping they have him show up sometime in the new season.

Also, it was great to have more Barney from the accounting firm in the sixth season. Both Barney and Bizarro Ron had some of my favorite scenes from this past season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Macaluso posted:

I couldn't disagree more about this. You really need to get to know Ron's character before you see an episode completely breaking it apart. I mean, obviously he starts off the episode being normal Ron, but I feel you need his character built up over multiple episodes (or any of the characters really).

It's hard to suggest which episode is best for a newbie to experience first though. It's easy to say none of the first season, but less cause they're not very good episodes in general, and more just because the characters haven't been fully defined yet. It's not til season 2 that we really get Leslie developing out of Girl Michael Scott, Andy goes from rear end in a top hat boyfriend to loveable idiot, and the other characters are pretty rusty too.

I think the episode right after that one would be my suggestion for a trial episode, "The Camel". Everyone's different idea for the Murinal gives a good, general outline of their character's personality and you don't need to have seen much of the previous episodes to go from there. The episode has everything from the Jerry hate to Sewer Joe, plus Andy is becoming a likable character by that point. Like you said, it is hard to go any further back because the show is still finding its footing.

• Locked thread