Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The funniest P&R episodes are whichever ones that have Dan Castellaneta in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjV_mrHyWs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I just love the atmosphere and style of this show so much, so even though this last season wasn't stellar, it was always comforting and enjoyable to watch. 7 seasons is a good run and I am sad to see it go.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

As a Danish person I am very fond of the Model UN episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ie5VwBGF1Y

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This was one of the best episodes in a good long while, yeah. I really loved watching it right after the Microsoft press conference because that Gryzzl thing really hit the mark.

"Growth-hacking"

That part where they talked about the job interview was really awesome :unsmith:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Tom and Donna being douchey and hilarious

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Is there a reason people are spoilering random non-spoilery names or has everyone just been huffing paint fumes?

Pick posted:

I'm worried about the upcoming episode title, Two Funerals :(.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that, for the finale, one of the funerals will be Garry's. He's been having far too much good fortune this season with Donna fixing his name, hanging out with him, and helping him get his stuff back. Plus, the callback to his heart condition (slyly dropping the fact that he left his heart medicine down the grate) is pretty much a Chekhov's gun.

I would say it's too dark for this show, but the whole Garry/Donna c-plot for this episode gave me a really weird vibe, it felt like one long "goodbye". I totally expected him to get a heart attack at the end there or something.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Basically yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCF81HdKAA

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of which, Sepinwall wrote a thing about what the show did and it's pretty good: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-parks-and-recreation-found-all-time-greatness-in-simple-goodness

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I bet Mark will show up for sure. That seems like the exact kind of weird cameo they would pull out in the series finale. I just hope to see Dan Castellaneta, but that probably won't happen. The radio scenes are some of my absolute favourites.

"A bat signal for listeners who might not know refers to the children's character "The Bat-Man", a strong gentleman who fights crime, nocturnally"

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 24, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

All in all, this show was very good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

All in all, this show was very good.

Guys, I apologize for embarassing myself like this. Clearly I was an emotional wreck.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

Aubrey Plaza is a very strange person IRL.

Yeah that's not the strangest thing she's done, that would be thinking that headlining the Grumpy Cat movie was in any way a good career move

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If anything I probably enjoyed B99's first season more. Not that it's bad now, but I do think it can be very inconsistent.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I tried out Kimmy Schmidt and it seems alright, but I don't think it's very similar to Parks & Rec at all. It's not even close to being grounded in reality, stylistically and tonally it's closer to something like Ugly Betty.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

CORN'S A FRUIT, SYRUP COMES FROM A BUSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

thexerox123 posted:

But the series as a whole is largely about tearing that concept down.

Yeah everyone is a selfish rear end in a top hat, but also they totally do care about one another when it comes down to it. I love P&R but the better part of AD is much stronger in my opinion.

Though it did also take two viewings of the first season for me to really get into it. It's a weird show, there's nothing else quite like it.

• Locked thread