Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The new season is so close! :neckbeard:

But the end of the series is also so close. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't think there's too much "wacky future" humor. I'm not a fan of the future holo-tablet stuff either but I'm all for the characters having drifted apart over the years. That's kind of what happens with people when you stop seeing them regularly. As far as Ron and Leslie hating each other "for no reason" goes, we do have a reason, a "Morningstar" incident that's almost certainly going to be explained at some point during the season.

I think it'd be worse if the relationships between the characters remained in stasis over the course of the 3 year time skip. Leslie and Ron's falling out has me interested to learn exactly what happened to lead them to this after being such strong friends before.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 17, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yep. She's in charge of the Midwest.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In-context I thought that referring to a product by a brand name added to the point of the scene which was to confirm April's fears that they were old and boring. Because now they're old and giving into the "corporations" and all that. :shrug:

I mean, yeah, it was *probably* product placement but as long as it's a one-time thing then I think it's less egregious than the Windows phones and tablets in previous seasons.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Concurred posted:

she's gonna run for mayor and win

I wish for this, because we need Bill Murray as Mayor Gunderson.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I started the show in season 2 and went back to watch season 1 after I caught up to where the show was current. And holy poo poo, Andy was the biggest rear end in a top hat in season one, I couldn't believe how much they managed to turn him around into a likable character after that.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 3, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Hoosiers having an 8-game winning streak is the least believable future-joke so far. :colbert:

assuming this is football

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

The extended cut is required viewing imo, it has some setup of Ron's puzzle solving abilities and it explains his out of nowhere enthusiasm when April brings him the box clues.

We don't need any setup because his enthusiasm for puzzles was previously demonstrated in some episode in Season 3 or 4 or thereabouts. :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So does NBC have anything worth watching at all after the end of Parks and Recreation?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What a great show, and a great finale.

I just love that we don't know which of Ben and Leslie is President.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The name of the wine :aaa:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Scrubs delivers some very high highs and some very low lows. I like it overall, but it isn't very much like Parks other than being a workplace sitcom.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wouldn't skip anything, but season 6 definitely felt like the low point of the series to me.

e: Bam, proven by science. :colbert: (and I guess I forgot about season 1... season 1 isn't very memorable :v:)

Pakled fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 1, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Spacebump posted:

We messed up and forgot to do the whole President Biden thing.

Maybe Leslie gets to be the first woman president after all :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Our country elected a crypto-fascist running on a white nationalist platform and it's all the liberals' fault"

• Locked thread