Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Excellent OP! :neckbeard:

Maaaan, I for one am looking forward to seeing Jon Hamm be an even worse gently caress-up than Jerry/Gerry/Larry/Terry.

Also Ben being cute in general :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Glad they jumped right in and that the triplets aren't a big thing. I can work with this, bravo good writers and such.

Also, good god, Megan Mullally is a hot dish :heysexy:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Ron patting Leslie on the head. Leslie petting Ron's tummy. THE HUGS.

I need more Ron/Leslie friendship in my life :3:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Why is everyone suddenly picking the show apart? drat it Jerry Irish Joe!

thexerox123 posted:

But without Tom, would we even have Jean-Ralphio in the series?
He's a facilitator for having over-the-top things happen.
Yes! Besides, even though Tom isn't the most likeable character, he helps round out the oddest collection of friends, which is what makes this show delightful. Plus, Donna would be without a Treat Yo Self buddy - she needs an almost-sort-of-but-not-really equal, and nobody else would fit.

NESguerilla posted:

It just seems like they are running everything into the ground at this point.
I don't see it that way. This season doesn't feel like a regular season (e.g. upon watching the first ep of the season, my friend said "Isn't it nice that they kept the same intro?" which, despite being a dumb comment, kinda also made sense) - instead it feels more like an extended farewell episode with a "reunion" kind of feel to it, probably because of the time-jump. This season is that final lap around the stadium before an athlete retires, that farewell tour. So I think it makes sense to feature every stupid, beloved character/quirk in this final season - I wanna get an update and say bye to everything before the show ends.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Yaaay Garry! He's so blessed! :allears:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

FadingChord posted:

They never said how Chris and Ann were coming back :smith:

Dear god pls no :ohdear:

My mother taught me that if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all, and I'd like to believe it applicable to possible TV storylines.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
OOOOOH MY GGOOOOODDD BILL MURRAY THIS IS THE HAPPIEST I'VE EVER BEEN (in regards to P&R but STILL) :aaaaa:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
It's like Aziz knew people weren't very fond of his character. I know they had an excuse for his absence, but maaaan they rly hosed Tom over.

Carlosologist posted:

Ethel Beavers' eulogy to Gunderson: "Good night, you beautiful animal" :cry:

I second this

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Solice Kirsk posted:

One more week. Hopefully it will be better than this week because those two episodes did nothing for me.

Super Deuce posted:

That may have been the worst hour of television to ever air.

You guys are http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/parks-and-recreation-Jean-Ralphio-the-worst-worst-woooorst-1372637673p.gif

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

bowser posted:

Flu Season had the funniest line of Rob Lowe's career and it's just 2 words.

Are you referring to "Stop. Pooping."?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I would love to see everyone get drunk again (e.g Snakehole Lounge and Leslie + Ben's wedding) but that's probably not sentimental enough.

It's okay - I'll get drunk for them :negative:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
As sweet and tolerant as she is, I don't think Leslie could marry someone whose views were the fundamental opposite of hers - Ben's definitely also a democrat.

Annakie posted:

Quick reminder that you may want to grab any Mouserat songs you loved before NBC eventually stops hosting them: http://www.scarecrowboat.com/downloads.shtml
I was listening to these on the train this morning and embarrasingly fighting back tears. 5000 Candles in the Wind and Ann Song got me going the most :smith:

e: And November!!! That song's the loving cutest

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

precision posted:

Does the Producer's Cut give any clues as to whether Leslie or Ben is President? I mean one assumes it's Leslie.
It's purposely ambiguous, said Mike Schur in an interview that someone linked to earlier in the thread. Go back two or three pages, I think? But yeah, they wanted to keep an air of mystery for fans to make up their own minds over Ben and Leslie's future, which is pretty neat imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Rewatching old episodes (which I guess is all of them now), and I only just realised:

Leslie and Ben go to Dr. Saperstein after they find out she's pregnant, and Saperstein tells Ben he needs to be like Matthew McConaughey on the beach... To which Ben says, in his stressed nervous way, "Alright. Alright... Alright."

Oh my god. :golfclap: How did I miss this before?!

• Locked thread