Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I'm so goddamn excited for this show to come back. I'm just crushed they brought it back on Tuesdays, when I have other obligations in the evenings and will have to delay watching it until Wednesdays.
On the other hand, it's going to be like having Christmas 7 weeks in a row on Wednesday mornings. :toot:

Also, the real life Cones of Dunshire stuff has to be mentioned (kind of biased since I was involved, I realize, but regardless!); Mayfair Games (makes of Catan, also featured in the show) put on a charity event at GenCon 2014 where a bunch of us nerds played a version of Ben's game for real. In tow was this introduction from Ben and Tom; there's a fun group picture of all of us participants at the end as well. I'm the goofball who bought the Letters to Cleo shirt for the event. :v: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7X41K819Jw

ALSO ALSO, in the same vein as the above, fans might want to follow this page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ConeHiillGames

It's being run my Mayfair, and they're saying they have a big announcement coming soon. WHAT COULD IT BE?! I know, but I'm not telling :ninja:

e: Decided it was time to celebrate with a new avatar while I was at it!

Merauder fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Argue posted:

So how was the game? Can you give us a brief ruleset write-up? Was it indeed all about the cones, and would you buy a real version?

I did a big write up of it in the last thread that should be easy enough to find.

Would I buy an actual version? Yes, though a good part of that sale is just fandom/novelty. I play a lot of table top games (and work in the industry), and unless changes were to be made from the version we played at GenCon, it was pretty much just madness. Entertaining madness mind you, but all the same pretty nutty and probably not something I'd actually subject non-P&R fans to.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Soulmates, and The End of the World are probably my top 2 favorite episodes. Soulmates has all the ridiculousness of Tom, eccentricity of Leslie, intensity of Chris, wackiness of Andy, stubbornness of Ron, awkwardness of Ben... not much April, Jerry, or Donna (though they all do make appearances during the amazing cook-off), but overall it's got just about everything you could want. Plus a nice beginning of Leslie & Ben's romantic arc. :3:

End of the World also has so much fantastic character stuff in it, more :3: than I can handle. And the both the Zorp story and the E720 party are hilarious. AND Andy's bucket list. MAN. Such a great episode.

Flu Season and The Fight are right up there, though. So hard to choose favorites!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Cones of Dunshire Deluxe Edition Kickstarter going live tomorrow, the 14th, at noon EST. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

keevo posted:

Wait why are they airing this over a month?

My guess is they're making room for new shows and just want to get the final season out of the way ASAP, but I haven't really seen any official reasoning.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

GigaPeon posted:

I bet Ron threw out her vegetarian breakfast sausages. Ron would not abide fake meat.

My first thought was also something silly related to those frozen vegan meats.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
They've always put them on there. I believe all the DCs are on Netflix as well? They're pretty much all worth watching.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Nah, Hulu only.

I just checked, "End of the World" for example is 27 minutes on Netflix instead of 21 like the rest. I can't think of other DC examples, but I'm pretty sure they're all on there too, they just don't advertise them as such.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

So do they just add bits whole, or are there key scenes that actually end up differently?
Some scenes are just a bit longer, with an extra bit of dialog or whatever but almost always add some good jokes.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Today I had what was supposed to be a six hour travel day turn into a twelve hour day due to flight delays and re routing and layovers, and when I finally reached my destination, the airline can't find my luggage.

Watching the Leslie & Ron episode when I got to my hotel really helped make up for what was a long, lovely day.

Gonna miss this show.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

smackfu posted:

Dumb question, I thought there was a previous plot that ended with her realizing she loved animals. Whatever happened with that?

She managed the Animal Control department after they had to fire the two guys working there, but then presumably stopped that when she went to work for Leslie on the national parks job.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Annakie posted:

In case you're having a bad day, this should help clear that up.

Chris Pratt dressed as Starlord singing The Pit? If you don't like this you have no soul. :3:

So great. Love the follow through on the bet anyway, but that's just gravy.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Finally got to watch this week's episodes and holy poo poo they were both so good. Several laugh out loud moments in both, I really think those will go down as some of my series favorites, especially Pie-Mary.

And WTF to Pick and the anti-Chris sentiment, what planet do you live on that Chris wasn't amazing?!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Killed by a younger, stronger business.

I seriously laughed my rear end off at the "killed by a younger, stronger barber?" line from Andy.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
There's so many awesome moments, but the entire Li'l Sebastian memorial service, especially Andy's first performance of 5,000 Candles, might be my single favorite scene in the show (if you count it all as one scene, anyway). So many great jokes crammed in there, while some how simultaneously managing to make the audience care about this utterly ridiculous spectacle being put on.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

bubblelubble posted:

Are you referring to "Stop. Pooping."?

Probably referring to the one time he says "Ann Perkins!"

:downs:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Why don't you live your life like that cow from the video?

He was a horse.

Yeah. Because he followed his dreams.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I wasn't able to watch last night so I got up at 630 this morning to be able to see it on Hulu before work. Goddamn that was worth it.

I thought it was all framed so well; the setting of returning to their roots of basic, mundane P&R work used as the backdrop to glimpse into all the character's futures was masterful. And maybe a bit emotional. Maybe. A bit.

:cry:

Going to miss the hell out of this show and these characters so much. Now that it's over, I don't think there's any Fall TV I'm looking forward to anymore. :sigh:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
New thread title is insanely perfect.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I absolutely am in the President Knope camp. Maybe it's too obvious, but that's where my mind is after all is said and done.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Macaluso posted:

Wasn't that another ad libbed line by Pratt?

Yeah, I believe I just read that the other day.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Watching the Producer's Cut of the finale: Andy giving the 'Taken' monologue to Dr. Sapperstein is :laffo:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Holy poo poo big cameo in the producer's cut in a Shauna M-T flash forward! BOBBY NEWPORRRRRT

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I don't have a definite list, but all the extended episodes are used on Netflix; if you browse through them just take note of which are more than the usual 23 minutes or so, and that's your list.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Soylentbits posted:

I won't be able to access the producer's cut tonight. Can someone spoil what happened to Shauna and Jamm?

Jamm goes an becomes a hibachi chef in Floriday. He succeeds at catching the shrimp in the pocket. ...that's about it!

Shauna gets left at the altar, and while sobbing on a park bench Bobby Newport walks up and offers her gum to cheer her up (his company makes it!)... they get married a couple hours later.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Corte posted:

In honour of the show ending I am watching possibly the best episode of the series, Sister City.

Believing 'Sister City' to be the best episode, believe it or not, jail.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
They likely have no reason to do it now that the show is over and they wouldn't really be promoting anything anymore, but I really want to see NBC mock-up Tom's successful personality quiz.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Mike O'Malley was the host of 'Get the Picture' and 'GUTS' in the early 90s. Then he got fat and he was one of the main characters on that awful show 'Yes, Dear' that was on for approximately twenty-eight years.

He also went on to cameo in Parks actually, as the guy who ran the white van fleet rental company and tried to rip off Ron & Co.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Speaking of which, when was the last time we saw Leslie's mother? Did she ever show up after season one?

Last appearance was in the Ben's Parents episode with the Unity Quilt, which was what, season 5?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
What the gently caress is a German muffin?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I started rewatching the series from the start pretty much right after the finale, and while there's been tons of great moments that I'd forgotten, I just lost my poo poo at Carl Reiner's scene in Campaign Shake-Up.

Also, I truly think the first season isn't nearly as bad or off-character as the its reputation would have people believe.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Season 6 was mostly unremarkable, but the finale of S6 was incredible. The Unity Concert was goddamn perfect.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Seriously, when Ron makes his public debut as Duke Silver on stage during the 5,000 Candles performance, it was just like, okay, shut it down, cannot get better than this.

Of course then S7 goes on to be incredible.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's almost certainly something in Season 1, but Sister City is pretty bad. I actually laughed at some of the Armisen bits last time I watched it, but it really doesn't fit the show at all.

Not enjoying Sister City episode, believe it or not: jail.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
For people who haven't seen it, this site graphs out all the IMDB ratings of episodes of shows, so you can see where the fan favorites (and least favorites) are at.

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt1266020

If you ignore finales, and major emotional character episodes (weddings, departures) which always trend higher, it looks like the highest rated episode would in fact be Flu Season at a 9.0, followed by "The Debate" and "Ron and Diane" at 8.9s, then a bunch of 8.8s.

Lowest rated non-Season 1 episode is a tie between four Season 6 episodes at 7.7, which is still higher than a lot of shows lowest.

This show was too good.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
At very least he's the best supporting / recurring character I've possibly ever seen in a show. If he were on screen full time he'd grow tired real fast and lose his charm.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Ham and mayonnaise! Ham and mayonnaise!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

What am I going to do with my kids all day? Keep them in my house? Where I live?

The best show.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

suddenlyissoon posted:

This was great an all but it doesn't even have the pawn shop owner in it and he's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Looks like it was published late 2012, so it's missing a lot of the public seen in the last few seasons. Needs a refresh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Watched all 13 episodes of The Good Place over the last few days thanks to the reminder in this thread of its existence. Was not disappointed. Looking forward to a second season.

• Locked thread