Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
uim playing this again cause im mentally ill. im trying the Crusader class, and its badass. im playing a crusader on Seasonal which is ladder i think. anyone else palying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i got some characters to max in season 1 but i got bored and stopped

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

uim playing this again cause im mentally ill. im trying the Crusader class, and its badass. im playing a crusader on Seasonal which is ladder i think. anyone else palying this

I was for a bit but I got a little tired of it, I was in HC Season 1. I don't know if the season rolled over but if it did I probably won't play it again for a while.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I haven't played since 2.1 but Reaper of Souls is a pretty good expansion.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bad game

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It's way better than PoE, which sucks and you are dumb.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver Striker posted:

It's way better than PoE, which sucks and you are dumb.

i used to think this, but PoE is actually pretty drat win now

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

why

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Oh. I still think Reaper of Souls is really good and Bobnumerotres is dumb, though.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

it is fun and gets better with every patch

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver Striker posted:

Oh. I still think Reaper of Souls is really good and Bobnumerotres is dumb, though.

i like RoS a lot, i just played too much

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

same. it really does boggle my mind when people get tired of a game like this,they start ranting about how bad it is because it failed to deliver infinite fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I still can't figure out what's supposed to be so much better about it. It's like slightly better than when I played it in 2012 or whatever.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I still can't figure out what's supposed to be so much better about it. It's like slightly better than when I played it in 2012 or whatever.

i dont get it either, no one ever gives me a definitive answer either, othre than the loving ginormous passive skill web which im supposed to care about?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

i dont get it either, no one ever gives me a definitive answer either, othre than the loving ginormous passive skill web which im supposed to care about?

I mean compared to itself from years ago.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I mean compared to itself from years ago.

me too

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's uh, more content I guess. I don't know. It's still a mostly slow paced unresponsive indie-feeling loot game with a bunch of "cool" stuff that's just disappointing once you consider the game it's in.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

reaper of souls is a paid fix that turns a poo poo game into a pretty good one. but when the competition has giant free content patches all the time and bliz is going "hey this patch we've been working on for 9 months has uhh minor balance changes enjoy the new season!" ehh

theres also just nothing to do. get to 70, get torment-ready. run rifts. ohh you can run rifts over and over again but the same monsters have more hp and more damage. repeat forever. no endboss. no goal you're working towards. just get higher numbers for the sake of it. no thanks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

reaper of souls is a paid fix that turns a poo poo game into a pretty good one. but when the competition has giant free content patches all the time and bliz is going "hey this patch we've been working on for 9 months has uhh minor balance changes enjoy the new season!" ehh

theres also just nothing to do. get to 70, get torment-ready. run rifts. ohh you can run rifts over and over again but the same monsters have more hp and more damage. repeat forever. no endboss. no goal you're working towards. just get higher numbers for the sake of it. no thanks

thats fair. but i find it hard to enjoy said content when i think the actual gameplay is boring as poo poo

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

This is my problem as well, and I knew I was doing it to myself whenever I got deep in the endgame and was trying to get perfect rolls on poo poo. The number of junk legendaries was just too much compared to actual build defining ones, and it really sucked the fun out of it for a while for me.

PoE and D3 are both good, for different reasons.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mehhhh, it's not a BAD game, and it's cool it's on consoles, but i had 100x more fun with Torchlight II.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

That's how all these games end up being.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mehhhh, it's not a BAD game, and it's cool it's on consoles, but i had 100x more fun with Torchlight II.

Torchlight 2 is really bad.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

im not taking the bait

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Heavy Lobster posted:

Torchlight 2 is really bad.

Okay dude.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i heard D3 is wayyy better on consoles, which is cool i guess, kinda fun imagining the controls

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
TL2 needed to be modded is both a gift and a curse for playing with friends

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said probably the worst thing about Diablo 3 and it's a pretty bad thing is that in a lot of ways nothing really matters until the level cap. They all kinda get boring grinding endgamey like that but in Diablo 3 a lot of items before level 70 are only as good as they quickly level you to 70.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

i heard D3 is wayyy better on consoles, which is cool i guess, kinda fun imagining the controls

There is a demo out on the 360 and PS3 marketplaces. I played it on my 360, and it wasn't all that bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like it as a HC having to restart experience then most of these ones I've played but also it's like in the seasons there's no reason to think it's impressive that someone is paragon level 500 and they only recently added stuff that seems like an actual feat, whereas I imagine like in D2, in PoE there's a point where you have to risk your neck to level up at least at any reasonable speed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

That's how all these games end up being.

not if you have unique varied content to tackle at the end. of course you're going to run out of things to do but at least the other games (poe and marvel heroes mainly) have poo poo to loving do at the end and all sorts of rewards to work toward.

diablo 3 is a slog of a grind until 70 and then gear grinding for...i dont know. you can find a set that lets you perma summon the barb's ancients that's badass. now you can kill poo poo faster. uhh that's it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Minecraft & MMO Playing Guy: lol, [game] is really bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There is the race leagues and stuff but that's not exactly endgame except in the I think about this game and it's theories all the time sense.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sorry, but come on. Minecraft is awesome.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

minecraft was a 2011 game of the year, hope this helps

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

TL2 needed to be modded is both a gift and a curse for playing with friends

I keep hearing there are mods that save TL2 but have yet to find any that make its insanely bad skill selection interesting at all

That's not a challenge, please help me enjoy this game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
remember D3 at launch trying to do act 2 zone 1 on insane or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Heavy Lobster posted:

I keep hearing there are mods that save TL2 but have yet to find any that make its insanely bad skill selection interesting at all

That's not a challenge, please help me enjoy this game

i didnt enjoy it, for the record

• Locked thread