Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If your pet doesn’t have a bunch of extra names are they even your pet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
If you even asked Aleta what her name is, she would not answer you, because she is a cat. But she would be confused were she able to speak and reason, because she has hundreds, most of which make no drat sense. Also, I keep referring to both her and Luna as "tiny fat bears" so I think they might also believe they are bears at this point.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

yes, there is a spider on the ceiling

no, screaming at it will not bring it within pouncing distance

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
At least your cat has a spider-hunting instinct. I remember when I adopted my first cat -- I was SO EXCITED that I, an arachnophobe, would never have to deal with spiders myself again. I saw a spider, I placed my cat in front of it, he nosed the web lightly enough that the spider didn't even move, and then he walked away. Little poo poo.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

my cats could give a gently caress about most bugs but god help an errant hornet

My pup, on the other hand, is only just now learning that bugs exist, and by god she will eat all of them

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I had to drag Apollo away from an angry snake today. It had its mouth open and reared up and my favorite moron was going to play with it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

the spider is still on the ceiling. the screaming is now a daily scheduled behaviour.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I have two (2) cats and neither one of them will hunt spiders, much to my wife’s dismay.

Sumi you dumb bitch you bullied Mika for months and now you come crying to mommy and daddy when she bullies you back

Mika you dumb poo poo stop bullying Sumi when she’s trying to eat food

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Happy birthday, dipshit. Sorry I won't let you chew on wires but being here probably beats living in a field.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sunsweet posted:

Happy birthday, dipshit. Sorry I won't let you chew on wires but being here probably beats living in a field.

NOT IF THE FIELD IS FULL OF DELICIOUS WIRES!!!!

Aleta,

- Do not rip nails out of the walls. I understand that my wall hangings are not super classy, but my decor scheme needs to follow the "fits easily in a carryon" rule.
- Yelling NYAAAAAHHHH! at us does nothing but make us laugh. It does not give you access to the Forbidden Grow Tent.
- Do not put your toys in Luna's sleeping places.
- Stop sniffing Luna's butt when she eats. It makes her sad.

Smalleta:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

This fuzzy rear end in a top hat decided to ignore all the lettuces, herbs and other tasty plants especially planted for her in the garden and went directly for the $30 plant. It took her 10 minutes to do this destruction

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can’t even tel where her face is lmao how do you even know what part to be mad at OMG

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

The dark part is her face

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I watched this gremlin RUN!!! across the house with poop hanging out of his butt between SPEED DRAGGING his butt on the ground. I grabbed a tissue and chased him to a corner where he plopped over and pulled the poop out with his TONGUE which I then grabbed out of his mouth with the tissue and flushed I am screaming

Now I’m mopping skid marks off the ground and wiping everything down. I’ve seen you wipe your poopy paws off on the walls you loving goblin. And to think I called you “poopy butt boy” affectionately. :mad:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

An ex’s cat had an incident like that one night... She must’ve swallowed one of my ex’s hairs, which essentially created a dingleberry bolo that chased her around the house. She panicked, and started running for her life at like two in the morning. I felt bad, but not bad enough to laugh about as hard as I ever had.

Cats are so loving dumb.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Crocobile posted:

I watched this gremlin RUN!!! across the house with poop hanging out of his butt between SPEED DRAGGING his butt on the ground. I grabbed a tissue and chased him to a corner where he plopped over and pulled the poop out with his TONGUE which I then grabbed out of his mouth with the tissue and flushed I am screaming

Now I’m mopping skid marks off the ground and wiping everything down. I’ve seen you wipe your poopy paws off on the walls you loving goblin. And to think I called you “poopy butt boy” affectionately. :mad:

One time Aleta rubbed a diarrhea streak by scooting on her butt through the entire house, including up the side of a bookcase and across the top.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When my dog was 4 and we were living alone, she crapped on the floor while I was in the shower. I got out of the shower and saw the turd and went to go clean it with a paper towel.

I returned to a clean floor and sad looking dog. I put the paper towels back and walked in just in time to see her barf dogshit all over the floor, a big puddle of poo-ke.

I returned to the kitchen, walking faster this time, and came back to a CLEAN FLOOR.

I just made her sleep in the tub that night because I couldn't afford to keep cleaning.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Dearest apartment queen consort Sully,

I know it's too hot to move right now but if you don't run around & play, I start to think that you might be dying. Don't make me think that you might be dying, you jerk. :mad:

edit:

Crocobile posted:

:stare: Is this a thing that just happens, or is it a disorder???? I have had cats for 14 non-consecutive years, my grandmother has had cats for all 33 years of my life, and I have never heard of this happening.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 24, 2020

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

:stare: Is this a thing that just happens, or is it a disorder???? I have had cats for 14 non-consecutive years, my grandmother has had cats for all 33 years of my life, and I have never heard of this happening.

I think it’s the same situation as MrYenko; I think the cat ate some of my/my roommate’s hair and it uh, it dangled.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Pretty sure it's just a thing that happens. My cat Jackie does it sometimes, but only when she has some kind of gastric distress from eating something weird, or something like that. So I can't really get too mad at her.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
No shame in this. Sharing the night together...

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1276643911730167808

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
My surge protector popped so I've got no air conditioning. Regan loves it.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mister Speaker posted:

My surge protector popped so I've got no air conditioning. Regan loves it.

Does your cat ever try and play with you while you're DJing? :3: Mine doesn't, but he used to stand near the keyboards and swipe at me when I reached for the bass notes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop licking the back of my head while i'm sleeping

gently caress you

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Stinkbutt stood in the middle of the kitchen with everyone in the family watching as she sniffed the air for 30 seconds. Then she decided to prop up on the table and do this:

Woulda had to deal with a butter covered cat if it weren't for everyone in the in house standing around her and staring at her.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

oh my god don't eat the loving litter

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

small ghost posted:

oh my god don't eat the loving litter

You're not the boss of me. :colbert:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

for the love of god just let me take a poo poo in peace

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 23, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

for the love of god just let me take a poo poo in peace

ALETA ALSO DOES THIS.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the fact it's wearing the cone of shame makes it even funnier

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wren did that to my stepmum recently..except that he just launched himself at her and sat in her lap. She wasn't impressed.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

So all I hear for like ten minutes is this:

"Boo, no."

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

"Boo, NO."

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

"BOO! I SAID NO!:

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

So I go to look, and my husband is dragging Aleta off the top of The Forbidden Grow Tent. In a desperate attempt to gain purchase, she managed to get her claws stuck in a lampshade AND poster.

She's mad now. :3:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cosmo, when I sort of slowly start to move at 5:30 AM EST, this is not actually an invitation for you to begin an incessant mewling whine that will only stop once I have fed you. You eat twice a day, at 7 and 7, because you’re a FAT FAT FATTY FAT FAT FATSO CHUBBO BUBBO JELLY BUNS and Daddy needs his sleep.

Umf no pweese get awff my face you fat orange bathstard

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Cosmo, when I sort of slowly start to move at 5:30 AM EST, this is not actually an invitation for you to begin an incessant mewling whine that will only stop once I have fed you. You eat twice a day, at 7 and 7, because you’re a FAT FAT FATTY FAT FAT FATSO CHUBBO BUBBO JELLY BUNS and Daddy needs his sleep.

Umf no pweese get awff my face you fat orange bathstard

I am in awe of your confidence, placing an open container full of playing cards on the edge of the table, next to a cat.

On a related note, Molly, I get that you like playing with pens, but toppling my entire pen holder off the table and shoving the contents under the rug with both paws is taking things a bit too far.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When MoMo was a kitten he bonked a coffee mug off the table and the noise scared him so badly he has never bonked anything off a surface ever again. He just sits on anything and everything, no matter what, if it’s what we’re doing. A book? My keyboard? My PS4 controller? The perfect place for my buns!

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
You godawful land whale.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop making GBS threads directly beside the just cleaned and changed litter box, you orange piece of poo poo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Randaconda posted:

stop making GBS threads directly beside the just cleaned and changed litter box, you calico piece of poo poo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tarkus, you twit. If I close the door but don’t latch it all the way, you have zero problem understanding that you can push it open to come visit me while I’m working. However, if I leave it slightly ajar it is now some sort of impassible obstacle where you can see me but never reach me, requiring you to whine and bark instead of just nudging it slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Tarkus, you twit. If I close the door but don’t latch it all the way, you have zero problem understanding that you can push it open to come visit me while I’m working. However, if I leave it slightly ajar it is now some sort of impassible obstacle where you can see me but never reach me, requiring you to whine and bark instead of just nudging it slightly.

This sounds like a situation where I would set a treat on my side of the door and see if the dog figures it out. One time only, of course, lest they learn that they can get a treat by doing that.