Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Kavak posted:

Vixen, shut up. Please for the love of god for just one day shut up! You will be fed, you will always be fed, you do not have to headbutt my door open to demand wet food, let me go to the bathroom and get dressed first. Yowling nonstop will not speed me up.

Can relate. One of our cats will scream for hours as soon as she hears or sees anybody get near the kitchen, doesn't matter if it's feeding time or not or if their bowl is full. What makes it best is that every now and then someone will come out and give them scraps, she'll smell them, decide she doesn't like them and go away and shut up. I think it's more about "look at me I am hungry give food look at me look at me" than actually, you know, wanting to eat whatever we are cooking.

On another food-related note...

Dear platy fishies, all ten of you: you were born here and we really have a soft spot for you, but you really do not need to eat 24-7. The watersprite looks like someone has been piercing it with a tiny needle. You will all cramp around the surface as soon as you see movement and literally try to bite anything put in the tank, be it food, a hand or the fishnet. Or snails. You literally killed one of the new snails a couple days ago by biting all over it until you found the animal and pulled it out like a cooked scargot :stare:. I have to be extra careful when cleaning the crystals because you seem to think the scratcher is edible too and I don't want to cut any of you in half. You are and look well-fed, in fact we have had problems with overfeeding before, but even after getting choke full of pea (which you love to pieces), you will still act like you're dying of hunger. Just... chill out, please.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
That is a really pretty cat you have there, love the long hair :kimchi:. And yeah, he totally knows what he's doing, and that he's getting away with it...

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dear Society Finches:

In retrospect, I should have paid more attention. When one of you went missing in August, I kind of shrugged and assumed he slipped away while I was cleaning the cage or something. Not that easy, but it could happen and there are a lot of cats in the neighbourhood so :shrug:. Nobody else went missing so I knew there were no hidden holes in the birdcage either.

Fast forward to today. One of you appears dead just below the one nest you all use to sleep. All seven of you. I thought you finally had managed to suffocate the unlucky guy on the bottom by cramming yourselves in. Which, you know, you don't need to do since there are other four completely identical nests in the cage, but whatever. Thing is, the dead guy looked a bit... off. Like he had been dead for a long time and mummified.

Then I counted you. And guess what. I got seven birds.

You have been sharing the nest with your dead relative. For four months.

You sick fucks.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Orangie, I love you but please never stand over a candle and set yourself on fire again. The whole house smells like burnt fur and the scorch marks on your tummy look quite silly.

Our older cat would sit near the heat, and accidentally ended up putting the tip of her tail inside more than once. It stinks for a good time, yeah.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dear Zebra Finches:

Sorry.

Dear Society Finches (part 2):

You may have noticed we recently had another outbreak of whatever virulent disease keeps periodically killing almost all our zebras. This time all five sharing your cage died overnight. That being said, going to sleep (again) in the nest containing two dead, stinky, and very squished birds during a plague outbreak may not have been your smartest move. You are lucky that only one of you got sick and died. I thought we were facing another wipeout.

Concerned for your mental health, your caretaker.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dear orange cat:

I haven't got the faintest idea about what the white cat did to you to make you absolutely terrified, but please, stop yelling and lunging at him at 1am in the morning. You don't seem to mind him in daylight, so why do you have to wake up half the neighborhood?

Also, stop biting and scratching him. He's covered in little scars. You have none. He's stronger and heavier than you, so maybe take the hint that he doesn't want to fight you at all? He's the gentler, most pacific cat I have seen, and he's used to being abused by the older cats. You, however, despite being the most assholish kitten I have raised, have never attacked him, and as a result, he absolutely adores you. He'll follow you around everywhere, he'll cuddle up to you, and the two times you have accidentally fallen from the backyard wall to the empty house near ours, we've found about it because he'd hear you and start calling out to you in the saddest meow imaginable. I don't think he even minds the physical pain as much, but he looks utterly and entirely heartbroken by your attacks. Please stop.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Thin Privilege posted:

Really you guys? Really?

"Pet us more, or else. Consider yourself warned"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dear Ancistrus sp. fish:

That you weren't a peaceful crystal-scrapper, algae-eater girl was made crystal clear by the time you killed the third mate we got you. You are territorial as hell, so I guess you will have the full 100 litres to yourself. Good enough, it is not that big of a tank so you should suffice. I was hoping to get some fry, but you're a black widow by now so no more trying.

However: the corydora I put in (because you are actually not too good at your job and we still get uneaten food and algae around) does not look even remotely like you. The ancistrus in the other tank did not give a crap about it, though maybe it is because they also actually managed to tolerate each other enough to mate and even breed. You however, you will chase a fish almost as big as you are with all the fury of a 5 cm brown lawnmower, and the poor guy is terrified. It also does nothing more menacing than sitting around on the bottom and digging through the substrate for food. It is not trying to intrude. So cut it off.

Dear kitten:

I get it, mice are FUN. We, however, do not want them in the house. So in the really rare event that you manage to catch one, please note we prefer them dead. Catching them in your mouth and going around the house randomly letting them run and catching them again is a) cruelty and b) a good way to get mice everywhere. So, please, next time just kill them.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hey, sorry Princess, you don't get to eat the fishies in the big tank. No need to take it personal.

She was rescued in September after giving birth in July, at the estimated age of six months or so. She was friendly, badly malnourished and we found no trace of the kitties, though we know they were inside a municipal warehouse and they may have been independently found and rescued. We brought her inside when she had clearly stopped lactating and was probably pregnant again. Has been adjusting to home and our other cats ever since. She's clearly gotten happier and fatter tho. Here's a pic of her in July:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

For_Great_Justice posted:

Put a little weight on and it looks like a completely different cat.

She gained a lot of weigth, and her hair also puffed up a lot. She's a fluffball, and she loves tummy rubs :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Jiru posted:

She gained a lot of weigth, and her hair also puffed up a lot. She's a fluffball, and she loves tummy rubs :kimchi:

Quoting this because this morning I got a call from my mother saying "buy more cloth masks please, your cat chewed up all of mine". This same week she also utterly destroyed a copper wire (thankfully it was unplugged). WTF cat, you have been nothing but a good sport for two months, stop destroying poo poo.