Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

cyberia posted:

I woke up this morning to find that I have been gifted with my very own porchcat!

Porchcat III, you are very fluffy and have an impressively loud meow but my house is not your house and I don't know what has happened to you to make you think that I should let you in. I've never seen you in my neighbourhood before so I hope you find your way home soon otherwise we will have to go on a trip to the local porchcat shelter.

The porchcat may require food in order to correctly determine where it should be. Feed the porchcat. If, after feeding, it still believes it should be let in your house, then it is obviously correct. Nothing can go wrong with this methodology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I switched from a hard plastic carrier to one of the cloth duffel bag ones and it's so much better. My cat will actually go hang out in the cloth carrier once or twice a week, instead of treating it like the chamber of fear.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Tarkus, you twit. If I close the door but don’t latch it all the way, you have zero problem understanding that you can push it open to come visit me while I’m working. However, if I leave it slightly ajar it is now some sort of impassible obstacle where you can see me but never reach me, requiring you to whine and bark instead of just nudging it slightly.

This sounds like a situation where I would set a treat on my side of the door and see if the dog figures it out. One time only, of course, lest they learn that they can get a treat by doing that.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Or he doesn't actually know you're in there and wants in the room for some other reason.