Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lovechop posted:

yeah, I changed my mind a bit about him after I saw the interview with him and Thorin, 'cause iirc that game was against Gambit and CW to decide who would get demoted and at the end of this huge deciding match Amazing just jumped into their entire team for no reason and died. their whole team was incredibly bad and I think he just snapped because he seems like one of those dudes who would kill himself practicing while the rest of the team weren't too bothered. doesn't completely excuse his being a bellend but I can understand a bit better. wonder what he'll be like on a decent team anyway.

"I'm just too passionate about winning" and "my team is just too bad for me" is like the most solo queue excuse for being toxic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

NTT posted:

Yo one of you that watches lcs needs to link me to the game where xpecial's morgana gets a sick outplay 1v2 double as morgana versus nami/kassadin stat

I saw a gif but it's not enough i need to hear the casters

That was solo queue.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Here's hoping for another 0/6 start from Froggen's team.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

Forgiven is really loving good. I always thought he was a great solo queue player who was always mediocre in competitive. I don't know if that's the case now. Maybe it was his team that was total poo poo back when he played previously.

This new SK team is so much better than the one from last year. Two huge upgrades at Mid and ADC and they are like just way more dominant.

I'm curious if this holds or if it turns out to be yet another "solo queue star plays well the first few weeks and then utter collapse"/

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This is a quality game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So...Jax is already getting kind of ugly.

Vi ult on Hecarim ult was beautiful.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

And the all too fed Jax just kills three people in the Baron pit.

Bright side, CW got Baron!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They made it so you couldn't buy two regular boots. You can buy boots when you have an upgraded boots.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

I'm really surprised that he and Dexter are both FAs right now. Those guys are easily better than half the junglers in competitive.

I'd be willing to take a chance on Amazing but I wouldn't risk Dexter coming and and getting into fights with the midlaner.

Transient People posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. Jax counters Gnar, or so the theorycraft goes. I wanna see him fight a Renekton or Irelia before saying he's that good.

Game 1 had Jax versus Renekton. Giants seem to have really strong top/jungler synergy so I'd consider the ban since they're 2/2 in getting their Jax fed.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 23, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good job Giants. Quality laning with some hiccups as the game went on.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lightning Knight posted:

It's an EU LCS thing, not a League thing. Most NA and Korean games are usually significantly more active and less incredibly clown-y (though NA is only marginally better), and Chinese League is extremely bloodthirsty apparently.

Chinese league is super clowny.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think it's far too much to call Jax a Gnar counter. Gnar can bully him pretty hard early on (Your 70 mana, 16 second cooldown counterstrike does not even come close to protecting you from Gnar's autoattacks) and he can, you know, always use his hop after Jax uses his jump. Being resource-less while Jax is limited by Mana is a big advantage early on too.

I wouldn't look at Giants v. CW as evidence either way with the strong jungler presence in the lane during the first few minutes.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Was nukeduck as meh yesterday as he's been today?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Get Baron, fight and die. Gambit doing a good job of keeping expectations reasonable.

Transient People posted:

Woolite sucks, emptyquote if you agree

Shoulda believed.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 23, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Transient People posted:

Naw, I think Imma stick to my guns here, thanks. :v:

Did you not see Woolite's expert bait to get Roccat Baron?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was an amazingly bad play from H2K.

Reminds me a bit of Gambit last game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Why couldn't they keep the Alliance name?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mashed Potato posted:

Oh no... looks like Wickd is going for the confirmed shitter build of triforce first on gnar

Isn't that the default build for Gnar? Trinity then tanky?

I haven't seen Gnar in a long while.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flipswitch posted:

You know I'm not too sure how this looks. Either Alliance are so bad that despite being one of the top EU teams are losing to a newcomer team, or UOL are so good that they're beating one of the top EU teams.

Alliance, the super team that started 0/6 in the LCS and ended getting knocked out of worlds because of a the Brazilian wildcard team. Perhaps Elements will have a similar life.

That was rough, the Blitz hook pulled Jarvan out of ball range.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

henkman posted:

I don't see how having a competitive match with a good team makes you look bad

I think it's too soon to call UoL a good team.

And Wicked didn't even build a Trinity force. You guys lied to me.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thumbtacks posted:

the gently caress is happening

Elements is finishing the job C9 started.

It's too bad PoE just can't seem to work his Orianna today. I remember his Orianna carrying hard at...IEM? I think?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lovechop posted:

is na even going to be good because all the new korean lads arent there. C9 vs TSM should be cool but what about the other ones

C9 is a beacon of consistency and TSM always wins no matter how bad they look so sure, NA will be good.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Slaapaav posted:

TSM is the new CLG i love TSM

So what is CLG?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Who is the new caster on the right?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Slaapaav posted:

I hope to god C9 wins because i cant handle TSM being a winning team

You live a hard life my friend. Let us huddle for warmth by Phreak's new beard.

exethan posted:

will santorin win the game and reveal his hot guy six pack?

Great. Now I have to root for TSM.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

exethan posted:

lmao just so everybody knows we're not disabling sivir. So have fun with 2 bans on red side!

It's funny cause Sivir didn't win a single game yesterday.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think Meteos is going to regret that Elise pick.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Interesting. Even now, C9 isn't willing to face TSM's botlane head on.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sneaky shouldn't have tested Bjerg's reflexes like that.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was goofy. C9 knew exactly where TSM was and yet no one got caught.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't know if Lustboy is godlike or C9's initiation was just awful but WildTurtle was completely untouched and Balls was completely ineffective and drat I need that replay.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am kind of astounded at how completely safe WildTurtle is in every team fight.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP Sneaky KDA

Conclusion: Ban Janna.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Santorin didn't even flex. Very disappointing performance from TSM because of that.

I think the Elise pick didn't work out.

I think I know why Phreak's new beard bothers me. If you would rotate his head so his hair is his beard and his beard is his hair...he would look the same!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 24, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am astounded how well TSM did despite losing every dragon but one. That is probably the most surprising thing to me. Even down a few towers, C9 had perfect dragon control and it was not enough.

I would have put a lot more weight onto Dragon but this game makes me back up on that now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lightning Knight posted:

In Season 4 that would've meant a lot more because the Dragon and Baron gold might have kept them in the game longer, but in Season 5 perfect Dragon control doesn't matter if you're losing in turrets and kills because it won't make up for the gold deficit.

No I agree but I thought the dragon buffs, and more importantly keeping those buffs off the enemy team, would make up for that. I would have considered trading a dragon for a turret to be well worth it. Maybe even 2 turrets if you are preventing the enemy team from getting that first buff and you're getting the 4th or 5th buff.

I do like how that last battle ended the way playoffs ended, with WildTurtle critting Sneaky over and over.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lightning Knight posted:

I dunno, this game was just bafflingly bad from C9. Their draft was awful - Meteos on J4 would've made that a completely different game, giving Santorin Rek'Sai was a horrible decision because even if he's completely awful and does nothing of value on his own he can sit in sonar vision and be entirely useful to his team - their rotations, vision control, and wave control were all questionable. How the gently caress did they get outwarded when they had two Sightstones?! Balls and Hai also were not doing work on their chosen champions, even if it would've made them a 4 AD team Hai would've been a lot more useful on Zed or hell, even Orianna (why doesn't he play more Orianna, he's actually good at Orianna!) and Balls did nothing on Gnar at all. Lemon would've been better off on Morgana into Janna and Sneaky just got outranged to hell by Jinx rockets. That was just... really depressing, honestly.

I mean yeah, poor draft and some questionable play.

But I think it's interesting to see if we've been overvaluing dragon a bit.

Lovechop posted:

gnar can easily solo carry a game off one decent ult, i wasn't fully watching but most of balls' ones seemed pretty lovely

Balls did not play a good Gnar but it's tough finding a good Gnar ult with an Ahri running circles around you and WildTurtle playing super safe/getting protected by a Janna.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ever since that Counterstrike team cheated LCS teams have to do lots of annoying stuff to prevent cheating.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

That's not what took so long. They use Riot's computers.

This game is going to kill me. Jessiz is such a boring loving player so if Gamsu doesn't pubstomp Cris I'll fall asleep

Oh? I just assumed since last game got delayed because Lemonation's fresh mouse didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kiwikid makes a play. We can't have that on camera.

Coast is real stupid.

• Locked thread