Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

In as Rekt by Rek'sai. I would prefer a Friday draft or before noon on Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Reminder, Megling Genocide drafting in 1.5 hours.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I still think MYM will beat giants even without Selfie, and Unicorns will take Gambit.

At least I hope so.

My fuckin fantasy points, oh god.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I just don't understand what the Lulu was supposed to be FOR. Usually if you do a double-shield comp like that (janna/lulu) you have a protect the X, but Rekkles was on Graves and Wickd was on Irelia so there's no one on the team who NEEDS that much shielding, they just needed more damage out of their midlane.

Target banning Febevin instead of just picking one of those mids for Froggen to carry with was weird.

I can't blame Wickd for this, he got camped and Shook built terribly and didn't countergank for him even when he was crushing Huni in lane.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Roccat did that thing where they got everyone's hopes up and then CRUSHED them didn't they.

Hey guys, Annie's back in the meta, I predict Kiwikid is gonna be good for like, two whole patches.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Imp always seemed to have the upper hand in the Pig/Imp feud. I said before I was worried that Piglet wasn't going to adapt well to NA because I think he's kind of thin-skinned. I'm sure it'll be entertaining either way.

I think it was Jatt laughing about how much Curse spent on piglet when they could have just got keith, I think everyone kind of agreed with him, especially Xpecial.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

How overpowered Zed is generally depends on if you picked a teamcomp that can shut down a Zed. Janna, Lulu, or Soraka can make him pretty useless if played well. It also depends on if your carries are smart enough to pick up a QSS/Zonyas fairly early and if they can play safe until they have it.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 30, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

People really need to stop giving up Rek'sai for Gnar, she's just flat out better than him. This is mainly because Gnar's had his post-release nerf cycle completed and Rek'sai hasn't yet.

Predictions:
Gravity(w) vs Dig
Team8(w) vs Coast
C9(w) vs Liquid (COME ON BOYS STOP SUCKING.)
TIP vs CLG(w)
TSM(w)vs Winterfox

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

henkman posted:

man gently caress you dignitas

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Tell 'em how you feel Kobe.

Tell 'em how we all feel.

"Noooooooooooo~~~~"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I know what I'm watching.

(Gooooo C9!)

I wonder if Kalista's gonna get through at all today.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Anyone arguing that runes don't make a huge difference is crazy but I just don't get why he didn't call for a pause and at least ask to get the game remade, he had to have noticed the minute he started CS'ing if not before. :psyduck:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The only thing I can say about Elements vs. Roccat (El-Gato!) is at least it proves Rito's model of "The game ends at five dragons even if you shitters refuse to ever fight until then." It could have been a 120 min game in a previous season.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You know who I think leveled up the most at Worlds this year?

Rivington the 3rd.

I don't even mind listening to him anymore.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I've been thinking about C9 since they've always been my favorite team even when they're struggling (gently caress ya'll nobody needs to get replaced, their team synergy is what makes them C9.) I think what's happened is that C9 has always relied on their much stronger TEAMPLAY which has really leveled up in NA over the last couple splits so their primary advantage is starting to erode out from under them. Hai keeps trying to play these flashy playmaker assassins when what he needs to do is be playing safe, waveclear utility mages. Hai is never going to style on Bjergson or even Pobelter and he needs to accept that and play something for his team.

Sneaky is the only one on C9 who's got All-star potential. He DOES have it, and C9 needs to plan around that instead of forcing SNEAKY to play the safe, waveclear marksman so that Hai can flounder on loving Leblanc. Put Sneaky on a bully and trust Lemon in the 2v2, stop laneswapping Sneaky, it makes him irrelevant for the first ten minutes and he's your best player.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's just felt like C9's comps have been losing the mid game really badly because they haven't got enough waveclear to protect their turrets from a 5 man group-up and it's kinda lovely to see that play out over and over again.

C9 is really good at laneswaps, no lie, but it gives the enemy carry as much free range as sneaky gets and when that enemy carry is aphro/lift or wildboys that is going to come back to haunt them later in the game because the midlane match is always a loss and toplaners in a laneswap are useless until 15+mins so Balls can't do poo poo either. There's plenty of bad botlanes in NA that sneakylemon could make completely irrelevant if they went head to head, instead of letting them farm up.

Hai always did well on Zed. Hai used to do really well on Kha'Zix. His Fizz has always been shaky and his Talon's garbage. I honestly forget if he was any good on pre-nerf Lebonk. I liked his Lissandra, and he's had some quite decent Orianna games (and some bad ones yes.) He just needs to play more champions in general, because he keeps getting nerfed out of the meta.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fnatic and SK are the teams who are precise and very very good. Unicorns are ballsy and brawlsy and great fun.

You can watch Elements vs Roccat if you are in need of a sleep aid.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I had Yellowstar and didn't start him in week 1 and it cost me a loss (curse you to hell IWD and your 70 points on loving Nunu week.) Never making that mistake again. Steeel-Star for lyfe.

I can't decide if I should start TSM or Elements next week. Elements are boring to watch but they make a lot of points because EU games go so long, but TSM has a complete joke of a week. Decisions. Decisions.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I dunno if you watched EULCS this week the initiating team lost a shitton of the fights. Like, across multiple games. It was a weird week.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I said Riv leveled up at worlds and he wasn't absolutely awful to listen to anymore, which I stand by. :colbert:

Riv this split is much better than Riv last split.

I didn't say "Oh man, Riv is the best caster in the LCS now."

(Kobe during the hour long Grav/Dignitas game was the best single casting in the LCS so far this split.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's why EU always makes more points than NA. They have hour long slugfests.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Where is the pink hair.

I was promised pink hair.

HOTSHOTGG WHERE ARE YOU?!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I would like to see UOL crush SK gaming today. And H2K crush Roccat. And Krepo to go on some kind of ridiculous murderspree.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gambit's really come a long way in a short time. I don't think they're amazing top team EU or anything but I'm actually happy to watch Gambit games again. A little sloppy still, but they have shaken off Mosc-0-5 pretty well.

Diamond is on form again. He was pretty great on Sejuani yesterday and I don't think anyone is gonna let him near Nidalee again.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Peppi found a lot of those picks through the game though, he really punished the flanking and overstaying from a whole bunch of H2K members.

Giants... they still feel like a challenger team I think. I'd like to see them continue to improve though.

EULCS is almost starting to become watchable again. Mah Gawd.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Libertine posted:

Well that was a dumb draft.

A single predictable gank destroyed their toplane. Viktor had to flash on cooldown. Braum basically shut down their entire comp because they couldn't land any poke on Liquid.

Gravity kind of just rolled over and died before five minutes.

e: Really the fuckup was FP'ing the Hecarim, it's too easy to counterpick. Oh and don't pick it into freaking Lissandra.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Phreak posted:

Xpecial wins the Hunger Games!

Quote of the day.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gambit is Gambit and Gambit is good at IEM. :v:

I want to see Hai play something that's not Zed and do well with it before I really get my hopes up for C9 at IEM. My instinct is that they get knocked out by GE and then take the Loser's Bracket by the skin of their teeth and then the Rocky theme starts playing midway through the rematch with GE and real amurrican heroooooesssssss

hype hype hype

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

They've fed pretty impressively.

(Altec you son of a bitch you were my flex.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Yeah man, cheering for arguably the most consistent team in NA over the past two years is a tremendous burden for the fans.

They haven't been consistent at all this split. Sometimes they look like C9 and sometimes they get outplayed badly in lane and the game becomes unrecoverable very quickly. Balls especially when he hasn't gotten Maokai or Rumble has been shakey as gently caress. Hai's champion pool has been a consistent issue for EVER and somehow that situation still hasn't improved. Every champion Meteos played well has been nerfed to poo poo and the current popular junglers aside from Nidalee he's had very mediocre performances on.

They tend to ban out their own loving champions half the time too.

As a C9 fan this season has been depressing.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

For twice, since TSM beat them last time.

Honestly it's probably just salt because TSM is the better team this year.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I thought the narrative was "Is C9 Back?!"

They're not scrappy underdogs they're like, the old veterans who're getting shown up by the punk new kids.

(Except to GE tigers I mean.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The answer to Corki is apparently to pick a tank or two that he can't kill after his Triforce power spike falls off and then outlast the midgame. Graves was only played by people who got eliminated early, it's not Graves' fault.

Sivir was the star Marksman at IEM. Lucian is still a very safe carry who can rush down towers faster than a Graves and I think he was used for fast-pushing when he was picked.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You shut your whore mouth C9 isn't placing lower than... third.

:cry:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

TiP taking such a long time to actually well, not suck isn't unexpected but I wonder if last week was some kind of weird Karthus-based fluke or what. If you ban that, does it fall apart again? XWX hasn't really looked like himself on anything else this split.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

That was the best game of the split in EU and possibly NA.

If you missed that game, loving VOD it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah there's a bug with his HP display that is apparently so bad it got an entire game remade in EU yesterday. RIP Viktor.

I loved C9's comp and they played it really well outside of the too-obvious dive on mundo that got punished. TL kind of threw that game really hard with the failed Baron sneak though.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I just don't understand why they drafted Nunu when they had Maokai/Nautilus. You can do that if you have like, a Kogmaw or a Jinx or you know, any real hypercarry. Lucian/Corki is not going to do poo poo to a Sejuani.

I mean yeah they lost the game at that Baron which they could and should have just given up and not cared about but the draft was atrocious.

e: Hai's Corki was legit and you really can't blame this on him though.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I really don't think Hai's getting replaced. Honestly I don't see C9 replacing any of their players, unless one leaves voluntarily.

Hopefully surgery helps because tendonitis is no joke. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

:drat: bunnyfufu with the hooks.

(He was definitely going for Cali on the last one but gently caress it.)

• Locked thread