Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

You're in! 4 spots left in the wussy league.

Joined as Promoted to Wood 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lovechop posted:

gonna do my league's draft at 7pm uk time tonight, be there if you can fellas

Is the draft thing tablet/phone friendly?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

So the wuss league consists of:

1. Me
2. TWSS
3. Jonny Angel
4. Libertine
5. Invalid_Validation
6. Manic_Misanthrope
7. Zerilan
8. Monathin

Tomorrow night doesn't work for TWSS, so can we all do Tuesday? I can do pretty much anytime during the day or after about 8pm that day. It's not the end of the world if you don't get to draft, as Riot's auto-drafter is pretty decent, but I'd like for everyone to get a chance.

As long as it's after 6:30pm EST probably.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's really hard to look good as a jungler when both solo laners are playing like trash.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo I'm just now getting around to watching the Gravity/Coast game and Phreak looks sooo old. He's not even that old either, he can't be older than 35. What the hell man. :stare:

He's 27.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rudager posted:

I had a "oh poo poo" moment the other day when I looked up Lemonnation and found out he's 25, not the 35-40 year old I though he would have to be with that receding hairline.

Forg1ven also does not look 22 at all.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Corki ADC's like 20-13 or so in the LCK right now so either it's just mid Corki that's poo poo or he's alongside Rengar as champs the West sucks at.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Outta curiosity did they ever say why exactly they run patches behind? It's kind of jarring seeing the really powerful picks from a few months ago all the time.

I imagine it's to give some time to screen for bugs found when a patch goes live, and give teams a week of scrimming/practicing on the new patch before playing on it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

If all he did was farm and position safely most of this thread would hail him as the most underrated and secretly second best ADC in Europe.

Forgiven dies too much :colbert:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Libertine posted:

Winterfox is a team that should be putting everything in place to compete for the top of the NA LCS, but instead they are just doing all the most head-scratching things to compete for the floor of the division.

They should have just absorbed the better parts of Fusion along with Gleeb after Fusion failed out of the CS.

Get Gleeb and Maknoon, and if helios didn't like playing on a team without his brother just bring in the fuckin Nintendude.

I just feel like Pobelter and Altec are extremely good homegrown NA players who are constantly surrounded by lovely imports weighing them down like loving anchors and I feel bad for both of those guys.

C9 Pobelter. Gets secretly swapped out for Hai wearing a Pobelter mask if they get Zed in draft.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I see people talk about his health issues a lot. I thought his lung collapsed? I mean that's not really an ongoing issue so that can't be it. What's wrong with him?

The earring makes his head unbalanced causing him to suffer from constant vertigo during games.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

I feel like TSM is still a bunch of bros. It's real obvious they all like each other and are friends and hang out together outside of game. In general you have to be really loving up to get cut. Chaox got kicked for for showing up to a tourney hungover and late. Regi benched himself for being terrible. Xpecial got kicked for being a huge downer and I think at this point we can safely say that was a smart decision after all this nonsense with Piglet. Oddone and Amazing leftr on their own volition and Gleeb was literally going crazy.

I think the biggest reason I root for TSM now is because of this and because Dyrus is just so adorably happy after every big win.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Calax posted:

I blame this on Gnar. I just don't like them because he's so easy to play around.

I feel like all that needs to happen for H2K to turn this around is Ryu just getting a lucky snipe at a teamfight.

On that last fight h2k pretty much lost all pressure the moment Odoamne went back into mini-gnar and Elements were able to start pushing against them even though it was still 5v5. He also provided no ability at all to slow down EL once they were in the base, and despite having tank items was quickly chunked out of relevance. He's just a weak pick now against any team that knows how to play around him.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

If coast wins with a yasuo I'm going to murder myself and the note will read "not all who wander are lost" and I'm mailing my body to riot.

But if Coast does win this, it means it's impossible for TL to finish the split with more wins than Gravity (and could miss playoffs).

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

God, if Fusion without maknoon is seriously the second most interesting team in the NACL that's really sad.

Moving LCS up to 10 teams really dilutes the talent waiting in challenger series.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I think we're going to end up with another TSM vs C9 finals with how the bracket looks. I think TIP would beat c9 in a series right now but probably not TSM. I'm hoping TSM wins this though, since I want to see a good NA showing at the mid season invitational and TSM gives a far better chance of that than c9.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really want to say Hylissang was series MVP for those sick bindings/hooks, but Kikis caused a team to have to spend a ban on loving Udyr the deciding game of a bo5.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Monte didn't like the UOL-FNC game either, despite it being entertaining as gently caress.

He definitely seems the sort of guy who'd rather watch a slow methodical game with few blatant fuckups by either side then a crazy bloodbath of a game. He's like the equivalent of an American football fan who'd rather watch a 10-7 defensive struggle than a 34-31 shootout.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I am really glad that this thread's caused me to start watching Monte's replays though. If instead of PTL or hour long pre-game shows or all the other poo poo Riot tries to push, if they got Monte to do this as a regular show where he could replay the games like this but have camera control and poo poo instead of just the youtube VoD it would probably be the first league stream I'd actually subscribe to.

EDIT: To amend my statement a bit, it would probably also be a better broadcast without the moments of just how loving whiny Monte gets about how bad he thinks a given game/series is.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 6, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Libertine posted:

I don't think Rekkles will leave Europe.

I don't think Forgiven will either (or leave SK).

Another possibility might depend on how CS plays out. If LLL/CWA qualifies they could pick up Rekkles because I've heard they've already had issues with their ADC but I have really no opinion at all on his quality.

I think any of those moves would be prestige steps down for Rekkles but he played really badly in spring split and I don't think any of the top teams will take flyers on him.

I think Rekkles is still one of the better ADCs in either LCS region, but aside from Elements other issues his style really did not fit well on them. He plays rather conservatively/safe which I don't think is what Elements needs out of an ADC of Rekkles's level since they already have solo laners who would rather play safe and farm. Sneaky and Forgiven I think are the only NA/EU adcs who can both play safe and farm up without dying or go full aggression and if you don't have one of those two you kind of need to decide which playstyle your team needs more.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Libertine posted:

Yes almost all pro sports do this. If the game is supposed to start at 7:30 and you turn it on at 7:30 and there's four guys yapping forever about keys to the game and then maybe 15-45 minutes later something happens. Somehow someone somewhere determined this was a thing people need in sports broadcasts and then all kinds of people got jobs doing it I guess.

The NFL lately has gotten mostly better about this. There's usually like 2-4 hours of pregame stuff, but the time they list as the starting time of the game is when the game actually starts.

Flameingblack posted:

Sports broacasts are something I would want to watch when there are no games on that day, or for a while. Not before and during the time a game's supposed to be going on.

A think probably most of the people who watch pre-game stuff are either people who turn it on before they start making lunch to make sure the broadcast's already on when the game starts, or people really into their fantasy leagues who don't want to miss the chance that a pre-game shows makes a last minute injury announcement.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 12, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Libertine posted:

I missed most of this match, so I will have to try and mentally piece together how you get an AP Mid Kog'Maw this farmed in 30 minutes and he doesn't get successfully ganked a single time.

Hylissang's been continuing to be ridiculous at landing cc skillshots and not letting anyone approach the team's carries. (Also Sven played a poo poo jungle game)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I love how UOL has just been sticking to the same bans every game with no variation.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Disinterested posted:

Lol at the people complaining about Lee Sin. Keep crying and telling me you'd rather be watching Udyr vs Sejuani duke it out than this. If you think it's so bullshit, you try trying to make these plays that Sven is making in your own elo, let alone against some of the best players in the world.

Yeah I'd rather see Sej than Lee any day.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I don't think I've ever seen an ADC on a team that's this good overall be so consistently far behind in CS.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Firebert posted:

Yeah they are. Vardags was down 100 cs, a better team would've rolled them at that point.

And yet they have winning records head to head right now vs both SK and Fnatic. Also "better team" in this context means better than the team who lead EU all split. Vardags' farming is their obvious weak link right now outside of their over-aggressiveness at times, but it hasn't exactly held them back from winning against other top teams.

There's also pretty fair odds that it's UOL and not any of those teams Flameingback mentioned are going to be the spring champs.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Any of the EU teams that played this weekend could certainly be as high as 2nd in NA this split or at least top 3. Only real difference between the regions is that NA has TSM which is the clear top team between them.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

AttackBacon posted:

Top 4 in NA would stomp EU utterly, it's not close. The vision and team cohesion are way above. I feel like Fnatic and maybe H2k and UoL would stand a good chance given a split or two in NA though, they all seem very adaptable and I think they have high ceilings they aren't close to reaching.

NA is awful right now aside from TSM and maybe TiP now that they've gotten going.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Going to be a 3-0 sweep since SKT's bringing in Easyhoon.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

It was half nepotism and half bad management, but if you've got people in Korea calling Avalon out before he's even on a team for being awful most common sense would say dump him. Their substitute who only played renekton did better in one week than Avalon did a whole split.

I love that wfx & Avalon is out of the LCS now while flaresz is in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
UOL's also still really young in terms of actual LCS experience among all their players. I think all of them could easily take a couple steps forward over the next split in terms of their individual play.

• Locked thread