Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
That loving Jarvin/Rumble escape :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
If you guys are bored of the usual meta, you should watch this Chinese league where Sivir is the Queen ADC.

I've really been enjoying watching it the last few days, it feels very different to the usual NA meta, it seems to be very reliant on technical skill more than anything.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

AParadox posted:

The LPL casters are really awful, they spend more time laughing their own jokes and fellating each other than actually commenting the game. The games are at least interesting enough, omg, edg, lgd and ig are looking really good. OMG especially since I expected team synergy issues with carry players in 3 different positions but they looked great so far, each having their own time to shine. Same thing with LGD, looking forward to Uzi vs Imp and Flame vs Gogoing in the same match.

Yeah the casters the downside to the LPL, but I think they'll get there with some practice.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Xpecial being real about the language issues with Piglet.

It almost sounded like he's having trouble working with Piglet and isn't too happy about having to work with him.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
loving jesus, getting motion sickness watching this camera jump around everywhere.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
"Welp all our inhibs are down, better do Baron! :downs: "

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Libertine posted:

Piglet was getting chunked by Sneaky because he wasn't running masteries. It's hard to say anything definitive about that game given that.

No it's not, Piglet is overhyped and ordinary on his best day, seriously, no masteries is a mistake people wouldn't even make in soloqueue let alone in a pro match.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Or Xpecial cries.

He already did last week in his post game interview with Keith after they carried their team to a win. Xpecial made special mention of how much easier it was to communicate to Keith and, at least to me anyway, seemed very passive aggresive about working with Piglet over someone like Keith.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Previous Jesus posted:

It's still too early to write Piglet off based on one bad game though.

The problem is Keith/Xpecial totally dominated and carried their team to victory last week, and this week Piglet forgot his masteries, there's no other way to look at it that to wonder why Piglet is there over Keith.

I'll grant that it's not totally Piglet's fault, a coach or manager should have been straight on that poo poo once he moved over from Korea, but still, it's a pretty major fuckup.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo I'm just now getting around to watching the Gravity/Coast game and Phreak looks sooo old. He's not even that old either, he can't be older than 35. What the hell man. :stare:

I had a "oh poo poo" moment the other day when I looked up Lemonnation and found out he's 25, not the 35-40 year old I though he would have to be with that receding hairline.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Outta curiosity did they ever say why exactly they run patches behind? It's kind of jarring seeing the really powerful picks from a few months ago all the time.

If a patch comes out this week they'll run this weekends games on the last patch so they've got a chance to suss out the patch changed before having to play competitive games on it, the patch they're on now where Ahri is ridiculous is only like a week old.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 8, 2015

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
It's funny how the only way Piglet can be relevent in the game is to pick a strong solo dueler and splitpush while the team does whatever else it wants.

Basically, I think the language problem is a bigger problem than they're letting on and they let Piglet go Vayne so he can run around and do whatever he wants without having to communicate much and still hopefully carry.

FAKEEDIT: Thanks Xpecial for confirming my theory!

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

So do y'all who unironically think they should have kept Keith believe Piglet is the worst ADC in NA or do you believe that a bunch of LCS teams are keeping worse ADCs than Keith on their roster because of ???

Whats the KDA difference between the 2 games Keith played vs the 3 that Piglets plays? Isn't Keith something like 18/3 and Piglet is like 5/5 or something? I'm too lazy to look up the actual numbers.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I like Krepo casting, his little tidbits that come from having played a decent amount of competetive is more interesting than the usual joking or random ramblings.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

gonna save this for later

It's true though, Doublelift is hugely inconsistent compared to other ADC's, everyone thinks he's the best because of that one time when he did this amazing stuff on Vayne or Kalista, or whatever, but the times where he does something like that is outnumbered by the 20 other games where he plays like dogshit.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I like how the observer knew what was happening there and kept vision locked for Giants till the last minute, nice touch.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
The real question is why Riot doesn't disable Ahri in competitive for this patch where she's broken as gently caress.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Just watching Sneaky duo with Aphro, and it just hit me, I'm really loving surprised there aren't extremely strict rules in their contracts forbidding duo streaming with other team's players.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Disinterested posted:

Why? There is no good reason why not unless you think it's an avenue for poaching. C9 are reasonably friendly with current CLG as a whole at the moment, and duoing with another pro ADC is better practice than duoing with a yolo queuer who is off comms.

So why don't teams in traditional sports train together?

It gives Sneaky and Aphro an excellent chance to learn in detail each others tells and playstyle even better than they would by playing against each other, which is pretty huge at the LCS level when alot of other things are equal.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Lebron James and Kevin Durant train together every summer.

Well OK, but they don't televise it.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
drat Zed is a dumb champion

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Someone should go pop the R button off WTHeaven's keyboard, everyone one of them has hurt them more than helped them.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Asema posted:

xpecial can't tell piglet to not die :/ it's a big hurdle to get over

Piglet now telling Xpecial to not die with his ult.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
That was some soloqueue poo poo, especially Piglet walking into it way too late.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Wait... What?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
MVP Quas

EDIT: loving Quas, just giving absolutely no fucks about CLG.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

K8.0 posted:

I predict that next season, Doublelift is still on CLG and at least two of Aphromoo, Link and Xmithie are gone and wind up being more successful with other teams.

I dunno DoubleLift and Aphro are probably the best bot lane combo in lane, but when they're not laning they both go poo poo.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
How come Piglet is going very slowly towards PD and not Hurricane?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Serious ADC Urgot should be interesting...

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Holy poo poo Dominate is good.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

They were okay. Quas has been really good this series.

Quas has been good, but IWD has carried the poo poo out of every game with his plays.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Catching up on the EU games, and drat there's just so much more atmosphere from the crowd compared to NA, listening to the caster's trying to talk over a roaring crowd just adds so much more to the event even from just watching the stream.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
That Twisted advance, get hosed Dyrus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Looking back now, I think the saddest thing in the entire split was that Urgot became a legit top tier pick, and the #1 Urgot player, the one and only, imaqtpie wasn't on a pro team anymore :(

• Locked thread