Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

[*]TSM, the John Cena of E-Sports, has replaced Amazing with a very jittery Santorin, who led TSM to a defeat by a very recent Challenger-turned-LCS team, Unicorns of Love.

Let's go Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

cena sucks

Let's go, Cena.

Also, I sure hope subs can swap roles if necessary, because I really need to see Hotshot try in vain at every role this season.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Hmmm, this is the link it's giving me: http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/join/league/377753/ZiA0CHMfvfYSxFLCN1hK

Are you guys doing a money league? Mine can be the non-money league if anyone wants in on that.

What do we use to log in to this? The same login info we use for the actual game?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

Yeah, its based off the league site. which uses your game login.

Got drat. When I input the exact same info that lets me log in to the game, it says the username or password were unrecognized. Moreover, I can't seem to locate the email that I used to make my account, so I can't just reset it.

This setback will not deter me from joining a meaningless fantasy league and thus becoming extra upset whenever C9 underperforms.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
That would do it - I'm NA, but am currently in Mexico on business so I'm being counted as Latin America North unless I specify otherwise. Many thanks!

Sexpansion, I've joined your non-prize league as TIGER MILLIONAIRES. Let me know if I'm not showing up.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Are there reliable vods of these leagues available anywhere? I know they're streamed on Riot's pages now, but I can't find any places with vods that aren't really inconsistent. I just want to see my favorite Korean players murder lower-tier Chinese teams.

EDIT: Ah, I see that the recordings are on the Riot twitch channel and /r/LolEventVods links to timestamps. My mistake, I'm used to searching Youtube.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Question about LPL: teams can plainly have 3+ Koreans on their roster, like Invictus has Save, KaKAO, and Rookie. But are they only allowed to field a combination of two of them in a given game?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

Yes, they need 3 starting residents (Chinese players) although they can have as many substitutes as they want to.

That's a shame then that we're not going to see a game with all of Save, KaKAO, and Rookie, because got drat does that sound dominant.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So I work very long hours on weekdays. A draft that I take part in would have to be either on weekends, tomorrow (on account of holiday), or 11 PM EST or after. However, if this is the one factor that prevents other people from drafting at reasonable times, the TIGER MILLIONAIRES are happy to take an auto-draft.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Tomorrow evening works for me.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Invictus is my only horse in LPL, on account of KaKAO and Rookie being from my favorite OGN team of last season. They're looking great so far, but they haven't really been tested - they're 4-0 against teams that have gone 0-4.

EDIT: Haha and their next week's schedule is entirely against 0-4 teams as well.

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 18, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Agreed: if we're just saying things like "Haha get hosed I did really well this week", that can be taken to another thread or to the chatbox that's set up in the actual league pages. But for setup, this thread seems fine. Not like there's other stuff happening right now.

As far as wuss league: like I said earlier, I'm happy to do a draft on Tuesday evening, but it would need to be at like 11 PM or later for me to make it, maaaybe 10 PM. But I'm also happy to accept my auto-draft fate.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Not every team has played so far but Snake's the one that's charmed me the most. They seem to understand the game much better than their compatriots. They're trying to play the game right instead of teamfighting (though they're aces at it).

Every team has played so far. Four games each, in fact!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Seriously? Feels like some teams have repeated lots.

Eight games each day for 3 days means each of the 12 teams have played 4 games. The standings are here. Poor WE and Gamtee, who both drew the "Get poo poo on by Snake and Invictus in your first two sets" stick.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Or poor Energy Pacemaker, who had to go up against OMG and LGD! LPL is a loving minefield.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
After catching the Snake games, they're definitely my second LPL horse after Invictus. It'll be interesting to see how Snake fares against EDG - they're really good, but are they good enough to take down Pawn and Deft?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I will accept my autodraft fate.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Well, scheduling for the wuss fantasy league is not going well, sorry everyone! I'm just going to run the draft in the afternoon today (2 pm EST) as it seems like that's a time that at least some of us will be able to make. Sorry for all the confusion!

I won't be able to check the site till much later on tonight. Could you let me know who I get? I'm the TIGER MILLIONAIRES

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Should be over, yeah? How'd I do?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that team looks loving insane, got drat.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Thank God, Wizfuujin finally realized his real name is Apollo so he doesn't have to bother with screennames ever.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The bad news is that none of the teams I was sincerely rooting for won except for UoL.

The good news is that autodraft gave me Forg1ven and my opponent this week went hard on Gambit.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Already dropped Gambit for Fnatic in fantasy. Sorry to my guys. New Franco-Korean supremacy.

Time for the battle we've been waiting all day for.

Sorry they let you down so much. For my part, I've picked up YellowStar as a sub. Hopefully he does me well!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can I change my fantasy LCS team name to Devil Squadron

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

Lots of Korean players have a ton of charisma, you just never get to see it since they look like deer frozen in headlights when they're NA. There's a lot more players like MakNoon or Lustboy who just love to troll people. Imp and KaKao both had outstanding personalities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r6Pw7QJfuM

Holy poo poo, don't leave CloudTemplar off that list. "Sometimes I feel like your entire life is full of lies" is an amazing line.

Is Kori/Selfie not going to be playing again next week? I picked him up as a sub, but his expected points have shot from 40 to 0. I guess that means he won't be playing?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
That's a shame, he was a fun player to watch! Oh well, time to put together another plan for how to avoid getting murdered next week by the fact that my Top and ADC are going up against Elements and Fnatic.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Well I'm happy

closest matchup in the wuss league

Well done, friend! I got the most points this week, and my plan is to have an impressive run with my Team Liquid-anchored squad before collapsing late season and placing, say... fourth?

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 26, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can y'all in the prize league for cool people post a link to it? I can view your rosters and standings even if I'm not in it, yeah?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

hmmmm, do i start darshan (zion) as my flex or do i throw hai in there and hope he actually doesn't do poo poo next week? or do i throw maplestreet out into the open and pray?

Is he actually changing his screenname to Darshan? Seems like there's a rash of players going by their real names.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Typical Pubbie posted:

It's weird how swingy LoL teams are, at least in the West.

Not just! My boys Invictus over in China were 6-0 until they got swept by the 0-6 Vici this weekend.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Or how KT Arrows had the greatest story of heroic triumph in Champions Summer and then got promptly 3-0'd by a team they already beat in the Summer playoffs.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

To be fair, GE beat them back down where they belonged and showed everyone exactly what they're still weak at. GE is this season's Samsung

What do they still lack? I won't be able to see that game for a while, so I'm curious to hear what weakness got exploited.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is going on with a 45 minute game where neither team has taken more than 4 turrets

EDIT: And then that happened

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Who's their guy on the analyst desk? He's ex-Fnatic apparently?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Cool, didn't know what he looked like.

Fact: Prolly looks like a hot Steve Buscemi. Discuss.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So Forg1ven hasn't died yet, huh.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I have two Liquid members in Fantasy, but I'm completely happy to lose horribly if it means C9 are back.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Sneaky's Kalista is Real Fuckin Good.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Gambit is now officially the only team in either LCS without a win. The poor guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Slaapaav posted:

they lost their swagger :(

It's okay, though - C9 already broke the "We won an IEM in preseason" curse, Gambit will surely do the same soon!

• Locked thread