Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Invalid Validation posted:

Dig doesn't have to win games, they have to stay one spot above the bottom.

To do that, they must win games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The best part of LCS is when it plays 5 ads for Seventh Son in a row.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
In comparison to Gold league solo queue players he is actually really loving good.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Nearly 50 minutes in and the losing team still has two inner turrets up. Welp.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly the official LCS broadcast should start playing mournful strings over all Gambit games.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the EU main event scene is shaping up nicely, with Fnatic and UoL as the faces and SK and Elements as the heels.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Elements doesn't seem like assholes, maybe some ego issues here and there. But they definitely work heel.

And then SK went to Worlds and literally drew cheap heat against the hometown crowd.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Forgiven has so many deathless games this split and I demand that translate into more fantasy points for me.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Killed By Death posted:

Keith was 15/2/23 across 2 games. Piglet is 3/5/7 across 3. Altec earned more fantasy points for this loss than Piglet did for his win. :newlol:

There's a huge difference between playing well and playing in a way that gets you fantasy points, though. Gambit played two miserable games this week, but because they were both really LONG miserable games with lots of sloppy back and forth kills, their members posted between 50 and 75 points for the week.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

It's very weird that people don't understand this.

To make the point even more obvious, all 5 members of Gambit had more fantasy points than Forgiven this week.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

It's why EU always makes more points than NA. They have hour long slugfests.

Yeah. Kerp was not an unstoppable mastermind last split, he just played on and against teams that didn't know how to close out games other than to have a fifth sloppy teamfight over nothing.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Has Cloud 9 seriously ground out a 3k gold lead on these loving clowns already?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hai took note of all the criticism and went deathless this week. Good on him.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Was Jesiz the guy saying he outclassed Froggen? I mean, hot drat. Forgiven is talking similar trash all the time, but he can consistently back it up with poo poo like a 64 KDA.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah, i can see it

4/10, metaphors are not nearly mixed enough

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looking forward to this week of LCS, I'm curious about how Roccat vs UoL will shake out. They're both looking like they could take the 4th place spot behind SK/FNC/EL. Who do people got in that matchup?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hahahahaha look at Diamond's goofy victory leap

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Jesiz can, IMO, get merked.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hahahaha how do you lose a fight where you get a 5-man initiate onto a team sitting on your ward.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Scarra smiling super-awkwardly at the edge of the frame owns.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Are Gravity's uniforms just shitkicker leather jackets over hoodies

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo Yellowstar is a beast. He's racked up 124 assists so far this season, almost 30 more than the next highest in either LCS.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Holy gently caress my hands are loving trembling AAAAAAAAA

What a loving game. I never thought I'd say this but the John Cena of LoL is the loving best. THAT COMEBACK!

LET'S GO CENA

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
It warms my heart to see that Dig's new jungler is also an embarrassing fraud.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

It's a pretty huge waste having Flame on the bench in the LPL too :I

Save is in the same boat, since he's on Invictus but they're already using their quota of Koreans on Rookie and Kakao in their starting lineup.

Flipswitch posted:

Belgium doesn't exactly have the best history when it comes to race either.

Bullshit, name ONE Congo they've brutalized.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okay guys let's lock and load, we need to figure out how to use Xpecial's tweet as further justification to hate him immediately

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I have two friends who play League, so I did the next best thing and joined a fantasy league with random goons. Try it! It's great!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

Korean teams pick up players just to practice against a whole lot. KaKao was originally someone who was picked up just to duplicate CloudTemplar's playstyle in Season 2 so KT Bullets could practice against it.

So are you saying Kakao has a backstory where he was raised as a clone, but he ultimately broke free because he wanted a real life? I thought I was already at peak levels of loving Kakao when he made his shonen-hero-assed vow to destroy the SKT organization.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I am soooo happy that I dumped Woolite for Freeze in my fantasy league.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Elements: a terrible sewer team that should be relegated to the nightmares of greasy criminals.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Allyn posted:

CW are terrible. I mean Coast are probably the worst team the west but these two teams are next, surely

CW are 6-4 and ranked 3rd in EU.

Haha, sorry I got here late. They are indeed sloppy as gently caress - but it's important to note that despite their throws, they rarely throw badly enough to actually lose.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Calax posted:

Is it just me or is it that the teams that have the most fun together are generally doing the best? Especially in the NA LCS where TSM and CLG are just having a party and happen to be at the top of the standings.

This was an argument the casters were making back during C9's monster seasons, and folks in the thread felt it was pretty goofy and reductive at the time.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Friendships are one way to make things work out, yeah, but not the only way. Look at Moscow 5 in their prime - a great team filled with players who weren't really friends.

Reminder that they innovated blue buff solo Urgot plus roaming Alistar, an amazing and unique strategy, because Eddie was sick of Genja's poo poo that day and didn't want to lane with him.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Someday his superteam will arrive.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okay but he is at best the third worst person in America. It goes David Miscavige, then Sheriff Joe Arpaio, then Xpecial. And that is being generous to Xpecial, well-known as a monster of a man.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I just feel like it's weird that this thread shits all over Xpecial for being passive aggressive but were huge fans of Scarra back in seasons 2 and 3 when he was really bad about that.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Cloud 9 has discovered a style of play that would give MonteCristo a 12 inch boner. They are so methodical that no one on either team ever dies and eventually Cloud 9 wins.

Somehow I'm enjoying it - but maybe that's just because I'm doing something else right now and can tab over whenever the casters let me know that something big is happening.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Name ONE competitive pick that C9 didn't invent.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Reminder that no team has ever had a winning regular season record against C9. There are three remaining teams with the the opportunity to do that this season in TSM, Gravity, and Winterfox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Let's go Cena... :smith:

• Locked thread