Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Welcome to the competitive League of Legends thread for the Spring 2015 Season, and beyond! If you haven't been keeping up lately, this is a good place to start. The North America and European regions have expanded to a total of 10 teams, along with a new points system to ensure a more streamlined path into World's. Riot has also brought the other two major regions, Korea and China closer under it's umbrella and is now broadcasting the Chinese LPL and Korean OGN on their Twitch.TV channel for free. No longer will the mysterious Chinese land of pandas be shrouded in mist.

Here's the starting dates for every region:
Korean Champions: In Progress (Games played every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night.)
China LPL: January 16th
EU LCS: January 22nd
NA LCS: January 24th

Before we get into all the major team and region changes, here are some important links to bookmark for the new season:
Abios Gaming: Spiritual successor to eSportsCalendar. Tells you when competitive matches are going to be played, as a bonus lets you know about other competitive games and high viewer streams of professional players.
eSportsPedia: Actual successor to Leaguepedia when all the original staff left that site and formed this one. Encyclopedia of Professional League Knowledge.
LoL eSports: Riot's official site for Competitive Play.
Reddit: LoL Event Vods: The very best place to get spoiler free VoD of competitive games, updated minutes after they finish, especially good for any games played out of your time zone.
Tumblr: OGN Builds: A guy who is dedicated to syndicating in English the rune and mastery pages from Korean competitive matches which are posted online in Korean [1] [2]

Are you looking for the main League of Legends discussion thread? Click here!

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The LCS (North America/Europe)
  • The LCS (North America & Europe) has expanded! Each split will now feature 10 teams!
  • A brand new point circuit, to give more importance on performing well all season long.
  • Automatic relegation to the 10th place team, relegation series for 8-9, automatic qualification for first and second, and playoff series for 3-6. The seventh place team goes home and does nothing.

• Large, sweeping roster changes!
  • Cloud9 remains the exception, retaining their entire roster and looks stronger than ever.
  • CLG remains underwhelming as always, poaching Dig's Scarra and ZionSpartan, and replacing their jungler with former XDG player, Xmithie
  • TSM, the John Cena of E-Sports, has replaced Amazing with a very jittery Santorin, who led TSM to a defeat by a very recent Challenger-turned-LCS team, Unicorns of Love.
  • Curse Gaming has been re-branded Team Liquid, and gotten sweet new jackets. Liquid picks up Season 3 World Champion, Piglet to replace Cop and former Jin Air toplaner FeniX (Miso) as their midlaner to replace a retiring Voyboy.
  • Curse Academy has been re-branded Team Gravity (Without sweet jackets). This team is composed mostly of former Curse and CLG rejects, lead by Cop and Saint Vicious.
  • LMQ has lost most of its roster and been re-branded Team Impulse. XaioWeiXaio, the only surviving member of LMQ is joined by three relative unknown players and Season 3 World Champion Impact
  • Evil Genius has been re-branded Team Winterfox (With a very sweet logo). The Korean dream lives on in the hearts of Winterfox, who field five Korean players. They've picked up three new players and dumped Innox.
  • Dignitas have lost their heart, IMAQTPIE to retirement, their smile, Scarra, and their cultural diversity, Zionspartan due to illegal poaching. Replacing the two players are two Koreans, one of which is a former Samsung Blue substitute.
  • Team Coast who never can seem to decide which gimmick to keep, has built a team around EU players Jessiz and Impaler, with former LCS scrubs Sheep, Mash, and Cris filling the roster out
  • Team8 who is actually the only legitimate armature team from the expansion tournament to make it into the LCS, fields four rookie players and Oddone's ugly little brother, Maplestreet

• Copenhagen Wolves replace only one member of their old roster, fielding midlaner SorenXD as Cowtard moves to sub.
  • Alliance has been re-branded Elements without any relation to the mediocre CLG player. The biggest news is the pickup of FNatic's Rekkles as their new ADC
  • FNatic has been rebuilt after all players except YellowStar leave the team, fielding two unknown Korean players and poaching H2k's Febiven.
  • Gambit Gaming has only two remaining members of the original roster, Diamond & EdWard, plus last season's addition NiQ but the two new players on the roster helped carry Gambit to a win at IEM Cologne recently.
  • Giants! is a team of amateurs from Spain, of which I've never heard of nor seen play. It's EU, they'll somehow end up beating the top 3 teams a couple times.
  • H2k Gaming were team of amateurs in the Challenger Scene who looked very strong, until their midlaner was poached by Fnatic. They've replaced him with Ryu, who seemingly grows weaker the further away from Faker he is.
  • Supa Hot Crew XD has unfortunately been re-branded MeetYourMakers and has replaced their jungler with former SKT T1 player H0R0 who does alright regardless of proximity to Faker.
  • SK Gaming, although now housing two giant racist shitheads Forg1ven (New to the team) and Svenskeren, look to be one of the strongest teams this season. I feel bad for Nrated and literal Werewolf Freddie for having to live with them.
  • Roccat and here's the punchline: Roccat fields yet another former toxic player Nukeduck, but the team remains exciting to watch because of their bizarre, out of meta picks.
  • Unicorns of Love, the spiritual successors to Dignitas, will probably break our hearts over and over, but as a recently promoted Challenger team, they managed to absolutely stomp TSM with a jungle Twisted Fate.
  • The saddest swap of all, Deman and Joe have left the EU LCS announce team.

OGN The LCK (Korea)
  • New format! The season has been extended, giving us more games. All games will now be played in a Best of 3 format, and there will be 5 games a week, and a total of over 50 Best of 3 matches this season
  • OGN has been re-branded as the LCK and moved closer under Riot's umbrella. All games will be broadcast free, and on-demand through Riot's official Twitch.tv channel.
  • Korea has imploded! Mass pilgrimage of roughly half of last seasons players, including all players from 2014 Season 4 champions Samsung White, and their third-place sisters Samsung Blue leaving the Korean region.
  • Organizations have all been merged into a singular team. Organizations may have up to 10 players total, and can switch players in between each game in a Best of 3 set.

• SKT T1 has taken most of T1 S's roster, with Faker. They regularly swap between Faker and Easyhoon between sets, generally when one or the other loses lane after blind picking Xareth mid.
  • Naijin emFire has two sets of AD/Support players that are sometimes swapped around. The team is still composed mostly of Naijin Shield players from last season.
  • CJ Entus is still a very stubborn team that sticks to their players. They've lost Flame to China, but their starting roster is still the CJ players you'd expect to see (Shy, Ambition, Coco, Space, Madlife) with some random subs.
  • Samsung fields the biggest surprise, picks up four unknown rookies from Solo Queue + the substitute support from SKT last season and created a very explosive, fun to watch team of newcomers. Not a single member of the old Samsung team remains
  • Incredible Miracle are still the gate-keepers of last place. They have fans I guess. Don't expect them to top 7th.
  • Jin Air Green Wings retain much of their core roster, and will probably remain in the middle of the pack but show signs of strength. They're about as Curse Gaming as Korea gets.
  • KT Rolster a mishmash of the KT Organization without any their star players.
  • GE Tigers is a new team, but features a whole lot NaiJin Black Sword members. Their bottom lane of PraY and GorillA look to be one of the stronger bottom lanes in Korea. They have no jackets and all wear neat matching sweaters.

LPL (China)
  • Now sponsored by Riot Games. The region will no longer be largely shrouded in mystery, and will appear on Riot's Twitch.TV channel with a new English casting team.
  • The scene has exploded, with almost every team fielding on average 3 Korean veterans who have left their region to come to a more profitable, easier region in China.
  • The Format remains similar to the past, which isn't entirely relevant since it was so hard to see them play in the first place. New visibility + Korean Allstars making their pilgrimage makes this arguably the most exciting region to watch.
  • The entire Samsung Organization last year from World's (Blue and White) have moved to China and been split into as many Chinese teams as they could fit in.
  • Apparently China loves the New York Yankees and multiple teams have plastered the logo on their jersey for no discernible reason.
  • All information on the LPL was taken directly from LiquidLegends.

• EdWard Gaming, back to back champions of the Chinese LPL have picking up Samsung's Pawn and Deft who will join last year's impressive Chinese top laner Koro1
  • OMG remains the only top-four Chinese team without a single Korean player, but not without roster changes. UZI the Chinese All-Star ADC will be joining the team (With rumors of his disdain for playing with Koreans during season 4 worlds)
  • Supa Hot Starhorn Royal Club, two-time runners up at World's will be replacing Uzi with a lateral move in Namei (Who was considered at the same level as Imp, Deft, and Uzi) joining InSec, Cola, Corn, and Zero.
  • LGD-Gaming will be fielding Acorn & Imp, while keeping pretty boy Flame as their substitute top laner. They will be joining three Chinese players who didn't make it to World's last year :(
  • Invictus Gaming are a name that pops up often, competing in many tournaments. They've picked up Save and KaKao as their starters, with Rookie as their substitute mid-laner.
  • Master3 which is apparently the shady sister team to World Elite who were told to rebrand but still have a similar logo and jersey. They field Looper and Dade, two All-Stars from Samsung last year at World's.
  • Team King who will be a bottom tier Chinese team notable only for wearing New York Yankee uniforms.
  • Snake will be fielding two relatively unknown Korean players, Beast and Ella.
  • World Elite will be starting Samsung Blue's former jungler Spirit as well as retaining Ninja, former Prime member and Styz, who is coming off a 6 month ban.
  • Energy Pacemaker will probably be a bottom 4 Chinese team with a funny name.
  • GT Club will probably be a bottom 4 Chinese team with very colorful uniforms.
  • Vici gaming will probably be the stand-out team this year, fielding MVP Samsung White players Dandy and Mata, Samsung Blue's former support Heart as a substitute, as well as former LMQ's Vasilii. With the two best players from last year's World Championships, it will be an upset not to see this team in the top 3.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 12, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fantasy LCS starts sometime this week, which means we need to start gathering up people for Leagues. If nothing's changed, if you're not there for a draft the CPU will automatically pick a player for you. It's usually really good, and goes for statistically the best player available at the time, but sometimes does silly stuff like drafts you first round Gleeb because his projected stats are great.

I'm gathering players for a high-stakes League where the winner will get a Mystery Gift from every single participant. 7 Mystery Gifts. Quite a hefty load there, it also makes your players' performance mean a whole lot now that you have something riding on it.

We had a fantasy topic last year, but after the season started it was largely abandoned until the end of the split. People suggested it because of the spam that people crying about how much Krepo let you down would flood the GDT but it wasn't that bad, so until we have people complaining we'll just play in here.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 12, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

Nice work. My only recommendation would be changing the forums tag to Event or Video instead of Let's Play. I'm not sure which is the standard for watching threads, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those two.
Have to report the thread to do that, I don't think it's a huge deal. I'm also actually supposed to be at work and...working.

Other than Zionspartan being spelled incorrectly I'll probably go back and update some of the quick team bios, and link to the official bios that Riot uses. Thought about putting team icons in there too but I'd hit the image limit way too fast and I don't have the OCD to paste it all into photoshop and make one, nice image. I'm not good at Desktop publishing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

i thought forgiven was just a massive rage babby instead of a racist but i'm not 100% on this
Was that he or nukeduck that was banned for sending a really racist message to his friends and someone sent it to Riot and got them punished? Either way, I remember Forg1ven raging like hell so regardless of his status as an open racist, he was most recently an idiot who got punished for being mean. There was that one post-game where you could see him on the player cam screaming at everyone on his team that went on for like 2 minutes before they cut away.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

As someone that hasn't followed anything League since the end of the season all the team roster changes in OP are fantastic! I had no clue that many roster changes happened.

I'm pretty excited for the season to start up again.
There's even a whole lot more than that, but some of the teams were just replacing unknowns with more unknowns and it wasn't worth mentioning. A lot of teams are important Korean Solo Queue players too, a lot of which might have been scouted or been substitutes on a team but never had much exposure.

Most of the players left Korea because they were getting offers much, much, much higher than what they'd be making in Korea + retaining the ability to stream solo queue and practice a whole lot less. Korea has the best infrastructure but apparently has the worst payout of any region. They're taking steps to fix this though, OGN is giving out large amounts of money to MVP players each week, all season long, and the teams are getting paid a much better salary + payout from winning splits than before. Doa and Monte keep calling this "Korea 2.0" which is entirely true. There's a few teams that are mostly unchanged, but almost every single big star left the region, except for Faker.

As far as the story in NA goes, teams are filling up with old players who "retired" for a while, like the former Curse Academy, and filling in the gaps with players who might have been temporary or substitutes on teams like CLG that never would have had a shot on those teams.
Europe is filling up with new talent all the time, teams like Compenhagen Wolves seem to pick up great players all the time, only to have them taken by another team or region.

I'll never be able to say Alliance's new team name without thinking of Elementz

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Being able to sub during BO3 has made OGN quite a bit more interesting to me, although we haven't seen any teams with rosters who can really take advantage of it so far or need to. Other than the weird SKT pocket pick where they get way too confident and then bench the mid for no reason. That has been very next level.
It's specifically blind picking Xareth every first game for no discernible reason, it doesn't matter if it's Easyhoon or Faker they both do it every single Game 1.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

curiousCat posted:

what are "high stakes" and can they be higher
That's where everyone agrees that they'll pay a mystery gift to the winner. If you win Fantasy E-Sports you get 7 mystery gifts. Also, don't bet on E-Sports.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

At the beginning of Season 3, Regi and Dyrus "traded" roles, and Regi was "top" so he could control the bans, although neither player left their traditional lanes. I don't think there's anything stopping players from doing this.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'll start the high-stakes FantasyLCS when I get home, we'll draft next Monday if we fill up in time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

So with Monathin joining that takes the last open slot in the LEAGUE OF MY$TERY (skins), the last two of which shall be filled with Ffox and Flameingback when they are both able to join later tonight.
I'm in as Supa Hot Crew XD, I think this team name is very cute and clever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Unfortunately spoiled by the length of the VOD for Samsung vs G.E., but Samsung still remains my favorite team to watch. If the coaching staff can get them under control and working together better they could be a great team in the Summer split.

I'll be available for the 5pm draft, as far as I know, right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

i dont get home until midnight est tonight and tomorrow and am out of town all day saturday. i am home at 9:30pm est sunday but monday i dont get home until 11:30pm est so tuesday is the second day im available in the coming days for drafting. if either of the aforementioned days work then great! unless lcs starts next then you guys should remake the league and leave a sloto open for me so i autodraft then i would be fine with that
Can we do 10pm Sunday? If it doesn't get done then, we might not get points for the first week of LCS. If you can't make it I'll remake the league and re-invite everyone who joined before.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Soarer posted:

Are they any more slots left on either of the $kin teams?
Someone left League of Mysyery so there's one more slot open
http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share...fGjmbJRiVnIOImH

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Question about LPL: teams can plainly have 3+ Koreans on their roster, like Invictus has Save, KaKAO, and Rookie. But are they only allowed to field a combination of two of them in a given game?
Yes, they need 3 starting residents (Chinese players) although they can have as many substitutes as they want to.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I stopped rooting for CJ Entus for the first time since Season 2 World's this season because they've been pretty mediocre at best. Now they're 4-0. What is life.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Obscurity posted:

I find it hard to keep up with both NA and EU..I don't know how some of you follow LPK/LPL/etc as well. :saddowns:
Just like you follow the NBA or Football. You pick your team and only watch those matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

League of Mystery is drafting in an hour and a half, hopefully we don't end up with over half the league auto-drafting. If we go through the first round and there's less than four of us, I say we let the CPU auto draft everything else so it isn't totally unfair.

I don't want to end up with over half our league ending up with auto-drafts because of the weird scheduling we had.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The great thing about picking all Korean players: Very high individual skill, will probably win their lanes in most cases
Awful thing about picking all Korean players: Three of my players are going to be missing the first week of LCS :downs:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

I listened to their $269 variety headphones today and thought they sounded about as good as a $100 pair of senns or ATs. At least they're using the crazy amount of money they are making on something I find interesting, though.

e: oh god now I will have to associate Madlife with dr dre
You're paying for the brand not the quality. I saw them wearing the Beats last week and only noticed because I have the same headsets they use

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

quote:

Notice: Blizer300 is the starting Mid for MYM heading into Week 1. He is replacing Kori.
Both my loving mid players are missing Week 1.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

Go Korean or go home? Guess it's time to go home :downs:
Kori isn't even Korean :smith:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I love this show. Riv panicking at the camera, too :allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Impact is missing the first week of LCS too but thank god someone stole Helios from me or I would have six players missing the first week

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

fnox posted:

He wasn't even the best midlaner in the expansion tournament. I don't think he'll look any better during the regular season, specially if his English is still not good enough.
Ryu was a mediocre midlaner at best and didn't show any dominance with H0r0, even playing with the MIL team who were are very strong individual players (Kev1n, Creaton, Jree). Ryu has been underperforming a whole lot for someone who was such a great player in Korea. H0r0 is doing better only by just being above average against most EU junglers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Giants will be last place all split but they'll beat the top 3 teams randomly twice each. This is Europe after all

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

i like deficio but quickshot is loving useless ugh
EU needed their own Rivington. If Riot tries to step into the DoA/Monte casting duo I'll cry.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Reginover has that Seraph type of prettyboy :allears:

And first game of the season, they've messed up their overlay for bans. :riot:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yellowstar looks like he knows they're hosed because they let Wickd have Irelia.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Febiven, the solo queue all-star, standing there watching his Rengar die in what should have been a free kill.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't understand how Reignover has been camping lanes all game and ganking nonstop and still has more CS than El Shook

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Is this Element's seasonal ramp-up time or is FNatic legitimately good? Reignover looks like a great Rengar, I don't think he'll play it again for a while.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Replace Wickd with Kev1n or Freddie.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just grabbed Reignover for fantasy because apparently I put my eggs in the wrong Korean Hype basket. This is only one game, but Steelback has a score of 4/0/12, and having a no-death ADC on an AD that doesn't have some kind of dash or self peel is really loving impressive.

e: lmao at Huni using an ability to get over the gate he could have just walked through.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 22, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Good showing for a completely new team.
No, this is a great showing. Elements went to World's with all of these players, FNatic is going in with one remaining player and it's for all purpose, a brand new team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

This is a good start to the season, already shaping up to have both EU and NA's last split first place teams be total poo poo this split. :allears:
Ziggs isn't in meta anymore and there's a whole lot more Koreans so hopefully EU never has anymore 1 hour siege games anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

EU LCS will still find a way to be boring. They got the best ADC EU and managed to become a worse team in spite of him. :psyduck:
You can't blame botlane for that. Shook never even attempted to stop the bleeding top lane, he might as well have been AFK that whole game as Wickd gets camped top while Froggen hopelessly plays a support mage Mid he can't carry from.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Woah jeez I didn't expect Reignover to have better English than Yellowstar

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mushi posted:

Also why did Alliance change names? This poo poo is confusing enough, and then they picked a name that keeps making me think of a support who got relegated to obscurity like two years ago. And now Curse and Curse academy are different team names too.
Alliance and Evil Genius had to change their names because they were owned by the same company, so they both split off.

Curse (The company) wanted to sponsor multiple teams through Curse Voice, so their E-Sports division split off and merged with Liquid (The owner of Team Curse) to form Team Liquid
Curse Academy had to be sold off because no one organization can own multiple teams in the LCS, so they were rebranded too.
Team Liquid has another little sister Challenger team, Liquid Academy.

Lovechop posted:

yeah, froggen should have picked something he could carry from. he's a really good xerath, i feel like if they first picked it febi would have had almost nothing to play.

also, marvel at the beauty of shook's build

To be fair, the Sivir and Rengar were really big threats too, but he should have been a whole lot more worried about the mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kori was my first mid pick and he's apparently been replaced. GG. Hype train derailed. MYM's new mid laner reminds me of Ocelote without a scarf.

• Locked thread