Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh okay, so Kingswood are the cheap QOTSA ripoff band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
thats no bad thing imo

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

theres been a lot more screamo than i expected so far but maybe thats what the kids like these days

Amity Affliction and Bring Me The Horizon have had so much coverage this last year I would have been surprised not to see them, and there'll be at least one more Amity song to come later. There's always a few spots taken up by something heavy like Tool or whatever each countdown, but still only like 5% of the positions.
Nice to see a lot of aussie music making it in.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RandomCheese posted:

Amity Affliction and Bring Me The Horizon have had so much coverage this last year I would have been surprised not to see them, and there'll be at least one more Amity song to come later. There's always a few spots taken up by something heavy like Tool or whatever each countdown, but still only like 5% of the total genre makeup.
Nice to see a lot of aussie music making it in.

there was always a massive campaign on toolshed.down.net to get votes for Schism or whatever so I always wondered how big tool really was here. But they tour fairly regularly so maybe they are!

snaeksikn posted:

thats no bad thing imo

excellent point.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tool Tuesday has been a tradition for years, the textline always goes nuts when they get played or even namedropped.

Their concerts always sell out pretty quickly, last time I saw them in melb was one of the best events I have ever been to .

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

allday is so so terrible

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

but we've all been little dipshit teenagers smoking cones around the corner from the local shopping centre so i understand where his audience comes from

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm not usually bothered by most things on jjj but allday definitely makes me wish something else had started playing instead.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I actually liked Allday's first song but the rest since then have been crap

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

snaeksikn posted:

allday is so so terrible

I thought it was just me. That kid is the worst.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Claude monet was alright though

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
Here are my terrible choices:

Roland Tings - Floating On A Salt Lake
St. Vincent - Digital Witness
Ben Khan - Youth
Fait - Slow Glow
Caribou - Our Love
Caribou - Can't Do Without You
SBTRKT - NEW DORP. NEW YORK {Ft. Ezra Koenig}
Todd Terje - Delorean Dynamite
Perfume Genius - Queen
Jungle - The Heat

So far only Can't Do Without You and New Dorp New York are in!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Only thing I voted for so far that's been in was countdown to gently caress.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
PewPewPew got me into Run the Jewels but it wasn't in the list and I couldn't be arsed putting in a custom vote. I think it came out last year anyway.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

RandomCheese posted:

PewPewPew got me into Run the Jewels but it wasn't in the list and I couldn't be arsed putting in a custom vote. I think it came out last year anyway.

They were totally on the list and came in at 72.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
No I mean the song pewpewpew specifically, close your eyes and count to gently caress was 72 which is what I think lordpants meant.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RandomCheese posted:

No I mean the song pewpewpew specifically, close your eyes and count to gently caress was 72 which is what I think lordpants meant.

Sorry had a few too many wines. :negative:

Just making up song titles.

I think Under The Pressure, Passing out Pieces and Delorian Dynamite are the other songs I voted for that'll be in.

I highly doubt that loving Swans song I voted for will be in. Maybe cloud nothings because that got some play but I doubt it.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be uptown funk at #1 isn't it? Totally forgot how popular that song is.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I voted for my friend's band and then filled out the rest of my votes with Al Green.

Also, I heard Allday for the first time just before and was baffled that it was music people actually listened to willingly

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

im starting to lose hope that a few of mine won't make it in even though i voted on a lot of popular songs.. highasakites cover of bon iver was amazing

Röyksopp - Monument (The Inevitable End Version) {Ft. Robyn}
Mark Ronson - Daffodils {Ft. Kevin Parker of Tame Impala}
Little Dragon - Paris
Kite String Tangle, The - Arcadia
Flight Facilities - Two Bodies {Ft. Emma Louise}
Banks - Beggin For Thread
Highasakite - Heavenly Father {Like A Version 2014}
Todd Terje - Inspector Norse
Chet Faker - Gold
Glass Animals - Gooey

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
This is a really poo poo, terrible countdown. The worst i can remember.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

screaden posted:

Also, I heard Allday for the first time just before and was baffled that it was music people actually listened to willingly

well, reminder that drapht was also a thing

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

drink drank drunk was an excellent party song

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought the "like cancer in my blood" song would be higher tbqh

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That guy's voice is so painfully autotuned.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

snaeksikn posted:

well, reminder that drapht was also a thing

drapht has legit skills though

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LordPants posted:

That guy's voice is so painfully autotuned.

they are basically a slightly heavier fallout boy

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

LordPants posted:

I thought the "like cancer in my blood" song would be higher tbqh

agreed, it got loads of airplay

pity it sucks

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

RandomCheese posted:

drapht has legit skills though

he has such a whiny high pitched voice with the over the top bogan twang that just brings out the biggest cultural cringe in me whenever i hear him. his production and backing beats are quality, but i cant stand his voice or style

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

also, cue chet fakers run of 3 songs in the top 20

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

RandomCheese posted:

Oh right sorry :)

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

fliptophead posted:

Oh right sorry :)

np

I don't hate the doctor but I'm glad he's not part of the triplej team anymore, he never seemed the best fit and I don't think he was strong enough to carry the drive slot by himself. Lindsay was great with Jason years ago and I always enjoyed when he caught up with the other presenters for segments but by himself was my least favourite timeslot on the station.
He's much better in Frenzal Rhomb where he can say oval office without disciplinary action, saw them play the other night and it was the happiest I've ever seen them together.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So many songs I have literally never heard before in this list.

And I listen to JJJ every day on my commute!!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Gives me hope for St Vincent, I guess. I heard her exactly once.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I voted for this :toot:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

im my devastation over little dragon's brand of scand-pop not making the cut, i will take solace in asgeir's brand of scand-folk being highly rated

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cosby Sweater is up my sleeve for the sly "yeah I voted this in :smug:" top ten gloating

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I haven't listened to TripleJ all year, this taytay poo poo is dumb and for babies and Sia is sick, looking forward to not knowing any of the other songs.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ahhh... they've got him in the studio which makes me think maybe they'll keep him around....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Didn't they say live from japan? I thought it was just he was in a decent studio there as opposed to a phonecall. I'll be happy if chet takes it out even if I didn't vote for him, still a talented passionate dude.

glad uptown funk isn't any closer to the top spot

• Locked thread