Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Remember when Suda51 made games that were good or made games at all instead of just slapping his name on other people's lovely Platinum Games ripoffs?

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

PUNX NOT DEAD

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Remember when Suda51 made games that were good or made games at all instead of just slapping his name on other people's lovely Platinum Games ripoffs?

Good times.

I don't remember this

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Good times.

You mean Killer 7 and No More Heroes? Cause everything else he made before and after those were garbage.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Golden Goat posted:

You mean Killer 7 and No More Heroes? Cause everything else he made before and after those were garbage.

FSR may be horrendously unfun and just barely a game, but god drat it was interesting.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Remember when Suda51 made games that were good

that's a negative, ghost rider

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

hail to the chief baby

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

literally the worst av in imp zone

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Great Joe posted:

don't sign your posts

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cymbal Monkey posted:

FSR may be horrendously unfun and just barely a game, but god drat it was interesting.

That can almost be said about all his games.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

petition to rename scyther to "chief baby"

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Great Joe posted:

petition to rename scyther to "chief baby"

im the chief baby, gotta love me

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

notice the comma placement

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Change your av to this Scyther

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

And yet only the fourth or fifth worst poster.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

i disagree

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
s... scyther... :negative:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FactsAreUseless posted:

And yet only the fourth or fifth worst poster.
I would say he is between the second and fourth worst poster.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scyther posted:

don't sign your posts

His Av is really good (arguably the best here), whereas yours is extremely bad.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
killer 7 is great

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
in no more heroes you jerk off to power up

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

farsel posted:

i disagree

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no more heroes 1 and 2 were cool, i'd love a port of that HD remake for PC but being that it sold like poo poo that'll never happen

i dont know anything else they made

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

farsel posted:

i disagree

same ehre

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I bought lolipop chainsaw and really wish I didn't

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Ghost posted:

I bought lolipop chainsaw and really wish I didn't

On one hand you get to kill a member of Mindless Self Indulgence. On the other hand, Skrillex.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I liked No More Heroes 1 and 2 as well as Contact, but Contact was relatively bad. Never played any of the rest of his stuff. I heard Killer 7 was good and want to play it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

reaper reaper that's what people call me yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why is killer7 on pc and not no more heroes 1 hd

drat it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
No more Heroes 1 was actually pretty bad + boring. I never played the second one because I didn't like the first one, is it any better?

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Broken Cog posted:

No more Heroes 1 was actually pretty bad + boring. I never played the second one because I didn't like the first one, is it any better?

It depends on what you hated about 1.They play more or less the same, the biggest change is that they scrapped the overworld from the first game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Iron Casanova posted:

It depends on what you hated about 1.They play more or less the same, the biggest change is that they scrapped the overworld from the first game.

Ye, my main issues were with the pointless overworld and the incredibly repetitive combat. I also wasn't that much of a fan of the writing, but eh, different strokes for different people.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nmh2 doesn't have any grinding in it and dumb minigames, it is just boss fights with short beat em up sections as a warmup. they also added stuff like turning into a tiger that one-shots enemies and poo poo randomly when you get kills to spice up those sections and it works out well.

in an ideal world they would release both games in a package in HD and cut out all the stupid fluff from the first game

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Bobnumerotres posted:

nmh2 doesn't have any grinding in it and dumb minigames, it is just boss fights with short beat em up sections as a warmup. they also added stuff like turning into a tiger that one-shots enemies and poo poo randomly when you get kills to spice up those sections and it works out well.

in an ideal world they would release both games in a package in HD and cut out all the stupid fluff from the first game

Ah, that sounds much better then. The high points of the first was definitely the boss fights themselves.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Ye, my main issues were with the pointless overworld and the incredibly repetitive combat. I also wasn't that much of a fan of the writing, but eh, different strokes for different people.
From my understanding the game was written in a style of literary nonsense on purpose.People looking into the plot will find nothing there, though it's arranged to give the allusion of cohesion.

Broken Cog posted:

Ah, that sounds much better then. The high points of the first was definitely the boss fights themselves.

Yeah 2 is mostly boss fights.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

be warned that nmh2 has some problems of its own. there are bits where you'll have to fight a large amount of enemies just to proceed. what I mean is that you'll fight, say, five or so enemies, then more will come out. and more. and more. there's one level in particular where I thought I wasn't doing something right because I was there for what felt like twenty minutes fighting more and more dudes. maybe I'm misremembering, but I recall more than one instance like that. also you can play as Shinobu, but her sections have really, really bad platforming. some people really hate the final boss too. it's not particularly hard, but I did find it not very fun. it's very easy to get locked into a combo, iirc, and you can instantly die by being knocked out of a window.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

you can play as Shinobu, but her sections have really, really bad platforming.

Worst part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Punk got dead

• Locked thread