Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yes we are fighting pocket goons on guild war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

I'm so dead. [/14] is op as all gently caress.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Count me in with the "didn't quit the guild in time" crew. My cooldown should be done tonight :v:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

quote:

Leveling: every DEFEAT in normal tower increases roughly 5% exp of ALL towers, which includes normal, guild, event tower, limited event tower. defeat means you do run chapter 1-1 5 times, it will say defeat. so the cycle is guild tower->limited event tower->normal tower to get courage energy, repeat.

Haha whaaaaaaaattt

If this is true I could be like 30 levels higher right now :stare:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Is that in favor of doing each one 5 times then, since you'd spend less energy to get that part complete? As later it says rush to 185 or whatever, since thats the best ratio, but since you'd bump the experience up by 5% for each complete that seems silly.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
It says clear, not defeat. I think I've cleared the first 10 to level 5, should be at a pretty hefty 50% bonus. I'm getting maybe average of 450k per battle in tower
147 level 1 chapter 4

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Was talking to TenderBud about that and I'm still 100% clueless on what dude was trying to say.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Maybe "defeat" is what it says in chinese

I only had the first ten or so towers cleared 100% as well. Shouldn't be too hard to clear ten more and see if there is a difference.

I had just assumed that the people who got really high level was because they were vip8, there's another tower EXP bonus there.

I am going to be so salty if this turns out to be true and I could have been 220 or something

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I have a heap of early towers completed to level 5 and get 698k-1035k exp per defeat in 181-1.

e: VIP7
e2: 1-17, 21-25, 31-35, 41-45, 51-55, 61-65, 71-75

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 21, 2015

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Largepotato posted:

I have a heap of early towers completed to level 5 and get 698k-1035k exp per defeat in 181-1.

Well gently caress, it's probably real then. Because I get 564k - 800k as a vip6 and I only have 1-11 cleared.

Whoops :suicide:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Also in event tower 1-30 I get 213k-318k.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Yeah it looks like this might be true. I get 498k-752k exp and 25359 gold in 181-1 with the VIP 8 bonus.

I feel like the boost is 1% for every tower completed so a 5% increase for a full clear of a normal tower. The 1% boost might include each time a guild and event tower is cleared and it may effect gold too. Only reason I believe this is because I was noticing exp and gold increasing in guild and event towers pretty quick when I came back. I thought this was due to the fact I was leveling quickly but it might be from completing level 1 of towers ~120 to 186 so far.

I think I'm going to finish to 199-6 solely for rankings then start clearing from the beginning. I still have 4 hero tiers until I'm limited by level so might as well get some extra boosts.

e:I get 154k-227k exp 1489-2110 gold from mobs and 8816 gold from chests in event tower 1-30. Also I only have normal towers 1-3 fully cleared.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 21, 2015

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Fiss posted:

Yeah it looks like this might be true. I get 498k-752k exp and 25359 gold in 181-1 with the VIP 8 bonus.

I feel like the boost is 1% for every tower completed so a 5% increase for a full clear of a normal tower. The 1% boost might include each time a guild and event tower is cleared and it may effect gold too. Only reason I believe this is because I was noticing exp and gold increasing in guild and event towers pretty quick when I came back. I thought this was due to the fact I was leveling quickly but it might be from completing level 1 of towers ~120 to 186 so far.

I think I'm going to finish to 199-6 solely for rankings then start clearing from the beginning. I still have 4 hero tiers until I'm limited by level so might as well get some extra boosts.

I don't think it's true for event/guild towers because I've had regular tower maxed for a while and haven't noticed exp gain going up at all.

Last week was a bonus tower exp event so maybe that confused you (yeah, "world dungeon" means tower, except when it means dungeons... :zq:)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Fiss posted:

e:I get 154k-227k exp 1489-2110 gold from mobs and 8816 gold from chests in event tower 1-30. Also I only have normal towers 1-3 fully cleared.

1-30, I get 297k-353k for exp and 13,681 gold.
I've cleared 1-102 all 5 chapters.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah, that bit about the tower caught my eye but I was afraid to ask. A permanent 1% bonus per clear could add up in a hurry.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

DemonMage posted:

1-30, I get 297k-353k for exp and 13,681 gold.
I've cleared 1-102 all 5 chapters.

[/51]

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Speaking of level up, what's the cap on the second page mine? I'm sitting with two mines full and drowning in good stuff all the time. I'm at 147 but I'm a bit reluctant to level over 150 in case I get booted from one and have to exclusively roll with you lot :v:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Inge posted:

Speaking of level up, what's the cap on the second page mine? I'm sitting with two mines full and drowning in good stuff all the time. I'm at 147 but I'm a bit reluctant to level over 150 in case I get booted from one and have to exclusively roll with you lot :v:

Second page mine is 120-160

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Sweet as, should be good for month or so, cheers

E: just cleared 1-15 towers, correction from before I had only got to level 5 for most, not cleared them. I'm not seeing any major impact on exp gains. Might be tied to something else for guild tower etc.

Inge fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 21, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Largepotato posted:

Also in event tower 1-30 I get 213k-318k.

Cleared 18-20, 26-27 in tower and did some more event tower. Saw several defeats over 320k.

e: 12196 gold from chests.
e2: Cleared lvl 3 of floor 28 normal tower and now get 12207 gold.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 21, 2015

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

So it goes up every level, not every clear. Neat.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

fisting by many posted:

So it goes up every level, not every clear. Neat.

But does the bonus work on normal tower? I know we tested the event towers.

Edit: and I know the number .8% per floor completed was guessed.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It goes up every completed stage, you don't even need to beat the boss of the level for the bonus.

e:^^^ yes it works on normal tower too.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

This is pretty good and sucks I've wasted so much energy on the last tower chapter. Even having x5 up to 70 it still took like 2+ hours to burn through 70k energy. I guess if you're not close to the top 100 in tower just go all x5.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Largepotato posted:

Cleared 18-20, 26-27 in tower and did some more event tower. Saw several defeats over 320k.

e: 12196 gold from chests.
e2: Cleared lvl 3 of floor 28 normal tower and now get 12207 gold.

Now completed floors 27-30, 36-37 (~5 1/2 floors) and get 12493 gold per chest in Pharoah 30.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
I am trying to play this game because of this thread. I want to like it but I am apparently stupid because a lot of what you guys are saying sounds unrelated to the game I am playing.

I will start with a question I guess. I have a 3rd character slot and I equipped a 1 star mage dude in there. Now I have a level 5 character and I can't figure out how to replace the tiny mage dude.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
On the "equip hero" screen clock on the animated picture of the hero that is surrounded by the gear slots

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mega Shark posted:

I am trying to play this game because of this thread. I want to like it but I am apparently stupid because a lot of what you guys are saying sounds unrelated to the game I am playing.
Yeah, late game is completely different from early game, especially since half the features are locked until you level up and more nice features are locked until you get VIP levels. I forget what the best thing to shoot for super early on is. Unlocking five slots in the alchemy lab is a good idea, I forget how much VIP you need for that. Then you need to beat guys in the arena to recruit to fill in there because you are too low level to have access to auto-play in the tower, so try to beat people at the bottom of the list and keep your rank low. And somewhere along the way you'll get autoplay for other features as well.

I think when I started I mainly concentrated on doing the quests in the Main tab for my first big push. Also remember if you do go for some levels of VIP, after the first one you can get VIP XP cards that will fill up to 80% of the bar for you. I usually find mine in star chests but you're probably too poor to be crunching through those yet.

Probably none of that will make any sense so just keep asking questions and we'll try to remember what to do.

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Had top whale guild down to 3 people at 1 point in guild war. Was p epic.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Mega Shark posted:

I will start with a question I guess. I have a 3rd character slot and I equipped a 1 star mage dude in there. Now I have a level 5 character and I can't figure out how to replace the tiny mage dude.

Couple of early game things.

Definitely spend the $2 on getting VIP 1, or if you have time you can get VIP through doing tapjoy stuff (but gently caress that imo).

Don't use your VIP3 trial until you have 500 diamonds and 4 alchemy slots unlocked. This will let you you buy the fifth slot, which will remain even after your VIP level reverts.

Grind up to tower level seven as soon as possible, the tower tasks start appearing at this point which are a great source of exp and gold income.

Don't tier up level 3 gear, the power boost isn't worth the resource cost. Just smash pearl cards into them for power, because they're cheap and plentiful.

Early game, do bounties quests and main quests. Get to level 50 asap and join the guild, which will open up the maske towers for you, which will give you a big boost in exp and gold. It'll also allow you to complete ethe daily tasks and claim 500k in gold and 100 diamonds every day,

Do the event tower whenever you can, courage gems will allow you to buy general gorham pieces. 10 cost 200 gems, and will combine into a general gorham is who is like an ultra chest monster and will give you 500k experience without bonuses.

Save up summon vouchers, don't use them until you have the 10x summon tower task, because it allows you to summon 11 3*-6* heroes for 25 vouchers instead of 50.

It's never too early to start flippng star chests :v:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Inge posted:

Do the event tower whenever you can, courage gems will allow you to buy general gorham pieces. 10 cost 200 gems, and will combine into a general gorham is who is like an ultra chest monster and will give you 500k experience without bonuses.
Or get the courage chests and try for gear pieces because you can always find more chest monsters but actual better gear is harder to come by. Guess it depends how many levels you have to fill, really.

If there are any other bits you get and don't know what to do with them or where to spend them just ask. The UI for this game is all kinds of inconsistent jank and they wreck it more with every patch.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
Thanks for the advice all. Just hit 50, please invite megashark to the guild.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

CrashCat posted:

Or get the courage chests and try for gear pieces because you can always find more chest monsters but actual better gear is harder to come by. Guess it depends how many levels you have to fill, really.

If there are any other bits you get and don't know what to do with them or where to spend them just ask. The UI for this game is all kinds of inconsistent jank and they wreck it more with every patch.

Actually yeah, better idea. Also, before you level up a hero to a multiple of 20, spam hero stones at them under "power up", I think it unlocks at level 50 or 60. The number of stones required to power up increases by one for every 20 levels, and if you spam them prior to hitting those milestones your stones will go further

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

And while 7* stuff might be coming soon, right now you need King's to get the very best gear in the extreme run, so might as well start as soon as you can!

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Mega Shark posted:

Thanks for the advice all. Just hit 50, please invite megashark to the guild.

You're in. And we've just been talking about how there's a hidden buff in completing chapters in the normal tower. So best advice starting out is run normal tower till you get tower tasks then start completing each chapter 5 times. The stacking buff gives extra gold and exp in all towers.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Inge posted:

Actually yeah, better idea. Also, before you level up a hero to a multiple of 20, spam hero stones at them under "power up", I think it unlocks at level 50 or 60. The number of stones required to power up increases by one for every 20 levels, and if you spam them prior to hitting those milestones your stones will go further
I forgot all about that :doh:

I guess I will at least make sure to use them on Brend when I finally get that last piece.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

CrashCat posted:

I forgot all about that :doh:

I guess I will at least make sure to use them on Brend when I finally get that last piece.

It's not too big a deal, once you can autoplay towers, set encounter to fight and you'll make plenty of stones. The power boost isn't huge but in the early and very late game they can make a difference

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Inge posted:

It's not too big a deal, once you can autoplay towers, set encounter to fight and you'll make plenty of stones. The power boost isn't huge but in the early and very late game they can make a difference
Good to know. I had that set anyway just to get recruits for the Alchemy Lab.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Do you need to kill a chapter bosses for a level to get the bonus or do you just need to unlock the level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

There's no reason not to kill the boss, it gives you some good bonus chests and stuff.

• Locked thread